I7 920 Overclocked to 3.6ghz

The i7 920 CPU is a beast and I can't believe a cpu from 2008 can still be relevant. DAYZ, Red Orchestra 2, Arma 3, Arma 2, Rust, etc… all run fine on high to ultra settings. I don't do much gaming anymore though, got bored of it.

Other urls found in this thread:

passmark.com/download/pt_download.htm
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Who cares

Specs thread?

Your bait was admirably subtle, but not subtle enough.

Post your passmark scores

Here is my Windows Experience Index score

Is this bait?
That tells us nothing you imbecile. Post a proper benchmark

passmark.com/download/pt_download.htm

I'm not downloading that virus.

You're already using Windows.

More liek jewbuntu, amirite?

They have hit a wall trying to shrink the transistors but they are persisting with it meaning progress has really slowed over the past few years.

On top of that the vast majority of games don't need much CPU and will run fine on just about anything.

oh wow user, maybe it's the LED lights on your computer that make it run so fast? CPU does not push vertex stacks or texture buffers. Fucking kill yourself for not knowing that. You could have easily taken a coreduo from 2006 and the bottleneck in your system would still be somewhere else.

Graphics don't mean anything anymore

I miss games with a "You're a Super Soldier" perspective.

Halo 1-3 were amazing, both in terms of single player and multiplayer.

I know that feel user, maybe we could have a Holla Forums Eldewrito gamenight

I just wanna feel like the character is actually special. Master Chief was one of the first characters I had played that was actually special from his inception. These days its all about "Common Foot Soldier thrust into fate's line of sight!" story telling.

Reality is so much different.

You wanna know how I know you're

I think the problem is most games nowadays try way to hard to be like movies, and most movies nowadays are shit. I thought it was me just outgrowing my hobby and being nostalgic but I replayed some older games and yah, games fucking suck now.

I'm actually 22 but thanks m8. I like playing super soldiers.

hi. i want a pc that will use kaby lake. 300-400 max. should i do g4560 + 1050ti, g4560 + rx 470, or some other cpu + gpu?

its gonna be a desktop/sometimes modern games pc.

Should have put

Pentium 4m (single core)
Overclocked to 4.23ghz
1gb cas9 ram running at cas7 overclocked to 1033mhz
ati radeon mobility HD5650 stock

Runs skyrim and fallout 3/new vegas at 60+ fps on the "ultra" gfx settings.

Using setPLL