ITT: Side-characters who deserved to be the main character

ITT: Side-characters who deserved to be the main character.

I don't know if he deserves to be the main character because the story is cool as what it is and it's about the Parr family, but I do want to see more of him.
I know there won't be an Incredibles Cinematic Universe though.

there will be a sequel though.

Frozone was funny because he was a light diversion from the other shit happening in the movie.

As a main character, he'd just be a sassier Ice-Man. I don't really want to see his day to day family life or any kind of extended argument with his off-screen wife.

I kinda wanna see that, though.

Though.

Side characters are not meant to be main characters.

The reason they work is because they are side characters.

I disagree, some side characters can be be main characters if the work and thought is put in.

Daria, Frasier, etc. are good examples of this. They were side characters, but through good writing and interesting choices, they ended up doing their own enjoyable thing.

I'll concede that there are some cases where it works out, but nine times out of ten when you try thrusting a side character into the spotlight you end up with shit like Planet Sheen and National Lampoon's Christmas Vacataion 2: Cousin Eddie's Island Adventure.

Planet Sheen was kino.

Fuck off back to Tumblr

That didn't stop them from making Finding Dory.

user, that would be tumblr if OP wanted to frozone to be the protagonist because he's black.

Fuck off back to Holla Forums instead.

I want him to fuck my wife.

That's cold.

Cuck who "Does it for his wife independence" or Voyeur fetish?

Would it break his weirdness if they show him going back to his old country in a short series?

>>>Holla Forums

Superior version coming through!

I would think so. His character's ambiguously foreign background works specifically because we only get bizarre tidbits about it from him alone.

He's a character who trains to get more powerful in a series where every other character is born with broken powers or is possessed by something that gives them broken powers. He was going to get buried sooner or later.