8ch.net/youfoundme/rules.html
pastebin.com/B4epDrYV
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Oh man dysnomia, we love you so much.

What is this? What is the goal?

going to fucking buttfuckl u in the ass DAO0SHAGP-FDSA
AWJHF0
SWJB
Fsjhf=S\CE!11 KEK!! KEK!! KEK!!WHATA FUCK MAN xD i just fall of my chair cuz i couldnt and i CANT stop laughxD upboated good sir i tip my fedora to you! tips fedora, le any1 athiest? LOLGOOD is this a le new epic meme? screen kapped for dat sweet karma xD. FUS ROH DAH!!!!!1 i used to be a christmas but then i took an arrow 2 da knee :^( BAZINGA BAZINGA ZIMBABWE. top kek, toppest of keks. le nyan cat? hahahaha le mayonaise. fucking epic ass meme i love that fucking meme so much man wait let me just gets crack pipe out smoke some of that good 420 shit :) rips a bong AHHHHHH YES!!!that sure hit the spot ok now repeat that fucking epic ass M E M EE!11 KEK!! KEK!! KEK!!WHATA FUCK MAN xD i just fall of my chair cuz i couldnt and i CANT stop laughxD upboated good sir i tip my fedora to you! tips fedora, le any1 athiest? LOLGOOD MEMESORRY I MEANGREAT MEMEGR888 FUCKING MEME BRO I WISH I COULD STOP LAUGHING BUT I CANT MAN!!!!NICE MEME IMMA REPOST TO REDDIT LELE TY FOR LE KARMA XDD AAAAAA Y LMAO Y LMAO Y LMAO Y LMAO Y LMAOle epic so ebin dae le epin win xD pwn’d ftw le bacon narwhale xPtfw no gf xD ayy lmao! :pupboated good sir i tip my fedora to you, fine gentlemen le real men have class xD real human bean!!1 dae cake is a lie lel epic fail!!!!!!!! ;p for YOU!! :DDD XD we NG BUT I CANT MAN!!!!NICE MEME IMMA REPOST TO REDDIT LELE TY FOR LE KARMA XDD AAAAAA Y LMAO Y LMAO Y LMAO Y LMAO Y LMAOle epic so ebin dae le epin win xD pwn’d ftw le bacon narwhale xPtfw no gf xD ayy lmao! :pupboated good sir i tip my fedora to you, fine gentlemen le real men have class xD real human bean!!1 dae cake is a lie lel epic fail!!!!!!!! ;p for YOU!! :DDD XD we r anonymous >:D lol DOGE111 so ebin much le1, for the lulz!! xD le upvote for you :) just epic, simply epin ROFLMAOCOPTER BBQ :o WE ESPORTS NOW :DDDDDDDDD, did u waifu?le dae EXPLODIN KNEES PUDDI!!!! le epic oldfag here, ama :D, 5get or faget? keke ebin… SHOOP LE WHOOP :D XDDDDD, here have an upboat, lelele so much ebin 420 smoke weed!!!!!11 dae le trees? :D le tree blaze ftw! epic memes, us gamers huh!? >:) tips fedora, le any1 athiest? SJW EBIN WOW memez? RAISE UR DONGERS! 8D YTMD :))EPIC PWNAGE!………… CUPCAKES (im so randum :) dae la lets players!!! BROFIST :dd dae feel ? le sad frog faec. IM CIA, dae BANE!? PRO TIP: FOR YOU XDddd!!!11 le dubs goy! hehehehada dh…. twitch general /twitch/@:=] kappa :DEPIC MEMEING Holla Forumsro BAZINGA BAZINGA BAZINGAAAAZIMBABWE is this a le new epic meme? screen kapped for dat sweet karma xD. FUS ROH DAH!!!!!1 i used to be a christmas but then i took an arrow 2 da knee :^( BAZINGA BAZINGA ZIMBABWE. top kek, toppest of keks. le nyan cat? hahahaha le mayonaise. fucking epic ass meme i love that fucking meme so much man wait let me just gets crack pipe out smoke some of that good 420 shit :) rips a bong AHHHHHH YES!!!that sure hit the spot ok now repeat that fucking epic ass M E M EE!11 KEK!! KEK!! KEK!!WHATA FUCK MAN xD i just fall of my chair cuz i couldnt and i CANT stop laughxD upboated good sir i tip my fedora to you! tips fedora, le any1 athiest? LOLGOOD MEMESORRY I MEANGREAT MEMEGR888 FUCKING MEME BRO I WISH I COULD STOP LAUGHING BUT I CANT MAN!!!!NICE MEME IMMA REPOST TO REDDIT LELE TY FOR LE KARMA XDD AAAAAA Y LMAO Y LMAO Y LMAO Y LMAO Y LMAOle epic so ebin dae le epin win xD pwn’d ftw le bacon narwhale xPtfw no gf xD ayy lmao! :pupboated good sir i tip my fedora to you, fine gentlemen le real men have class xD real human bean!!1 dae cake is a lie lel epic fail!!!!!!!! ;p for YOU!! :DDD XD we r anonymous >:D lol DOGE111 so ebin much le1, for the lulz!! xD le upvote for you :) just epic, simply epin ROFLMAOCOPTER BBQ :o WE ESPORTS NOW :DDDDDDDDD, did u waifu?le dae EXPLODIN KNEES PUDDI!!!! le epic oldfag here, ama :D, 5get or faget? keke ebin… SHOOP LE WHOOP :D XDDDDD, here have an upboat, lelele so much ebin 420 smoke weed!!!!!11 dae le trees? :D le tree blaze ftw! epic memes, us gamers huh!? >:) tips fedora, le any1 athiest? SJW EBIN WOW memez? RAISE UR DONGERS! 8D YTMD :))EPIC PWNAGE!………… CUPCAKES (im so randum :) dae la lets players!!! BROFIST :dd dae feel ? le sad frog faec. IM CIA, dae BANE!? PRO TIP: FOR YOU XDddd!!!11 le dubs goy! hehehehada dh…. twitch general /twitch/@:=] kappa :DEPIC MEMEING Holla Forumsro BAZINGA BAZINGA BAZINGAAAAZIMBABWE is this a le new epic meme? screen kapped for dat sweet karma xD. FUS ROH DAH!!!!!1 i used to be a christmas but then i took an arrow 2 da knee :^( BAZINGA BAZINGA ZIMBABWE. top kek, toppest of keks. le nyan cat? hahahaha le mayonaise. fucking epic ass meme i love that fucking meme so much man wait let me just gets crack pipe out smoke some of that good 420 shit :) rips a bong AHHHHH

FUN STICKY

Sure it isn't

the username is creepy

The username doesn't exist.

lol don't care

Is this a treasure hunt?

I've made it as far as I can, I don't know the rest. Here's what I've gotten.

YXJhbmRvbW1peGJldHdlZW5udW1iZXJzbGV0dGVyc2FuZHN5bWJvbHM=

base64 decodes into:
arandommixbetweennumberslettersandsymbols

After a quick google, it's in reference to this video:
youtu.be/DJellJzqnwU?t=4m4s

one would think it's fuckvalve, but it's not. You anons can go from there.

Dear Moderation of Holla Forums's Holla Forums ("Random") board…

I want to become the owner of this board. More than you LIKE being the owner of this board- trust me. I'm not saying you're bad at moderation, just that I deserve it more.

I will make this thread post every day until I'm the owner of this board. I will make Holla Forums great again and it will be better than whatever's going on right now. Thank you.

no

The prize isn't going to a dozwn sex slaves or 50 pounds of drugs so who gives a shit?

If you won't get the prize if you can't even figure out what it is.

Great answer.

If dysnomia wants this to actually be fun he's gonna have to give us a clue. Otherwise no one will actually care.

And, by the way, a clue is something that makes a puzzle LESS challenging, not some cryptic nonsense that adds nothing but another dimension to it and makes everything more frustrating.

nobody cares what your opinion of fun is. some people have fun with a challenge

im habin so much fun right meow

except this is not fun, objectively. There's no opinion being expressed here, it's just some autistic shit about a game only normalfags and half/v/ manchildren like. If he wants to make a forum scavenger hunt he should make something that's appropriate for that purpose.

watch out guys we have an opinion expert here.

hes right

Quality thr-I can't fucking say that. This thread sucks ass

fuck just realised i was testing possibilities at .pl not .net…

kek

what did you test?

He's probably trying to brute force

fuckvalve, FuckValve, arandommixbetweennumberslettersandsymbols, and for the other form, an easy one, start (the translation of the nip text), admin, Admin
any other ideas?

hey fuck you, not quite, i narrowed it down a bit

You guessed the same ones I did, I tried guessing Overwatch heros too. Such as widowmaker.

well, i give up, unless dys gives a hint

are you trying to guess the password or the username lmao

well you're the observational type aren't you user.
why are you in this thread?

is there caps in the password?

username might be 1, one or a single period

8ch.net/log.php?board=b
Created a new volunteer: Sleeper (#28060)

this is getting exciting.

i've hit a dead end

i tried encoding them back to base 64, and it didnt work, but keep in mind if a new revelation is made

thats a distraction

ur a distraction

i just said u r a distraction

no u r it, nobody llisten 2 this user

listen ot me you niggers

this man is trying to lie trust me sleeper is username

listen you kike, thats a distraction

what if there is 2 usernames

no

we would see another user created in log

i'm back 17 weeks in log, and only new vols in that time are Sleeper, Dorothy and Sarunoko

go further moron

fugthelug,Benjikins2, and because you were rude to me that's as far as i'll go (at around page 35 rn)

i think something is hidden in this

what if you're looking in the wrong log

What if you are

I'm not. I already solved it.

prove it, and post what it was once you've done so and secured it as your own

give me a clue you wretched mods

figure it out yourself noob

k so u don't know it

i know it because I made it. figure it out yourself. no hints, its easy.

sure thing

poop

This thread is ridiculous.

why

Hey dysnomia, you're gay.

The image has no exif data or message in text file form, so I don't think there's anything stenographically hidden. I'm going to try playing with the contrast and shit in Adobe Lightroom, given that the image looks weird. So far all we have is the username "Sleeper" and a terrible unfunny Overshit meme video.
I have a feeling this wasn't as cleverly thought out as dysnomia hyped it out to be ("this is going to be the IB version of Cicada 3011" etc) tbh.

haha can i join this thread chums

Bdr=AlwkB'WAoF[6]d[0+#+XSpWAa'

hey dys, we're gonna need a hint soon if you want us to give a shit about your game.

My assumption is that he doesn't want to compromise his creative integrity or whatever by making it any easier at all, but come on, face it, your puzzle is shit. You're gonna have to say something eventually.

So rude.

I like the mushroom.

I bet you do like the mushroom, you filthy whore.

gay

You have to admit it's pretty terrible though. If I was BO I'd actually make it fun, given I have knowledge of stenography and cryptography beyond impossibly cryptic meme videos.

What is it with you niggers and cryptic scavanger hunts?. Can't we just play regular ass games?

You should be able to solve it just fine then. although if you do I wouldn't let you keep the prize.

I wouldn't want it, being mod isn't worth it if you're not BO, I've found. Hell, if I wanted, I could just use a vpn and pretend it's someone else.

i found it fun, until the trail died at least; what do you consider to be a 'regular ass game' that we could play on an ib, risk?

where was your dead end at? I thought it to be quite simple, but not so simple that there wasn't any work involved.

I'm stuck at the overwatch video

Exactly. If new information isn't found at least once at regular intervals it gets boring. We should get a hint. Really, either the puzzle is way too hard and inappropriate for the prize of a BV position on a knockoff Holla Forums with 8 users and dysnomia is autistic for setting it up, or it's so obvious (like last time) that no one would think of it (at least, until someone does).

gibe clue

yea that has nothing to do with any of this.

the OP has all the clues you need.

Okay, fuck you, now I'm invested in this. This could be fun.

Also if I find anything I'm not telling any of you faggots what it is, that'd be counterintuitive.

ganbatte

ayy got it, guess the user saying it was easy was right, sry for doubting you

proofs

prove it lad

fuck off, you're probably the one who said you wouldn't share any hints

nah

Nah, I have no incentive to be doing this (and it's poorly made, so I wouldn't want to anyways). But you gotta give proofs, it'd be in my interest to know if we have yet another shitty BV.

actually, i think 8ch just gained a very good BV

I could ban him. If he got it he could unban himself. :^)

tell me, fugthelug, do you hold a grudge against me?

No? Having a grudge against anybody on the internet is autistic as fuck.

Ok fair enough. How much data do you have on me and why did you start leaking it? : ^ )

Overuse of the le ironic smiley face (:^)) will be the death of it.

Good. It's shit and I only use it ironically. :^)

Do something in the board log before I (((SHUT IT DOWN))).

stfu ur not even a mod

So, you didn't find it then? Ok I'm shutting it down.
RON MAKE IT SO THAT WHEN I HIT PRINT SCREEN IT DOESN'T FORCE MY BROWSER TO SCREENSHOT AN ENTIRE THREAD.
At least give us the option to turn it off…

if you're a mod dys should have told you what it was, faggot

ill tell u in ban appeal

He is dysnomia.

(((kys))) kike

Wow, you managed to be both obvious (aneasyone and arandommixbetweennumberslettersandsymbols as the original credentials) and too hard and inappropriate (too much monotonous steps, too little actual thinking / deduction) at the same time. 0/10, you somehow managed to put a lot of effort into it and have it be worse overall as a result. Would not wander aimlessly for clues again.

oh, he edited the op; i got as far as the first username and password and assumed he was just fucking with us

Oh well. Next time I won't make a sticky I'll shit shitpost discreetly and let it run on it's own.

Post some tips if you know how to do fun ARGs

I assumed it was something really obvious this time and just returned and stared at it a couple times hoping something obvious would occur to me.

Oh you wanted me to get this mod account so I could nuke Holla Forums. at last u truly see

I'm working on another one.

It's going to be less obvious but only 1-2 steps.

Your shitty games wont bring the board back to life.

They're for my own entertainment fam.

I'm now going to give an autistically detailed critique on how the puzzle was objectivelly shit.
Never do the "hurr durr it's literally what it says on the tin xd" trick in conducting scavenger hunts like this. It's either way too obvious and the first thing everybody tries, or something people don't think of until it's too late. Either way, there's nothing detective like in getting to the conclusion that it's the answer (or a clue), in that there's no actual deduction involved. It's a one trick pony that's neither fun nor challenging.
A good ARG would've ran with the video reference in , and had something in that video be in reference to something else. I assumed that "失敗" was in reference to some text or something Kilian says at the 1:00 mark in the video. This is the nature of a good scavenger hunt; each clue you get will be in reference to the next clue, but it shouldn't naturally lead to the objective. If each thing naturally leads to another, there's no thought involved. It'd simply be following a checklist of steps and possible approaches to carry out, hoping you thought of each approach and getting frustrated when you don't. Rather, each thing should creatively lead to the next clue or objective, in that it isn't about trying enough shit but rather thinking out of the box in enough regards. Note that a scavenger hunt can have lots of effort put into it, but still not do this successfully.
>Upon visiting the Edit profile page in the Dashboard you would notice the email was [email protected]/* */
This is exactly what I'm talking about. Everything here naturally leads to the next thing. For example, once you saw [email protected]/* */, there's only a set number of actions you could do. Check the email, check the board URL /youfoundme/, or some other shit. The correct option could just not happen to come to you, leaving you confused and frustrated, but getting to option has no element of fun or actual challenge.
>If you made sure to go to 8ch.net/youfoundme/rules.html you would find a pastebin file pastebin.com/B4epDrYV containing the password to the Sleeper mod account. CthulhuX1337 is was the password.
This is, again, just following things that naturally lead to one another. There's no possibility that you couldn't find out about a certain message because you're not smart or capable enough to accurately deduce what it's in reference to, but just because you didn't think of the correct of a limited set of monotonous options of which to run the file or clue through.
tl;dr this has the facade of looking like a high-effort scavenger hunt but it's actually just bad because A. it uses dumb tricks, and B. things naturally, not creatively, lead to one another in a way that makes it neither fun nor challenging.
night faggots, I'd make one myself if I actually had something of value to give away.

Thanks for the advise. I knew I liked you for a reason.