Christians, Muslims and atheists call for end to compulsory religious education in Ireland

The Evangelical Alliance of Ireland (EAI) has joined Atheist Ireland and Irish Ahmadiyya Muslims in calling for reform to religious education (RE) to allow pupils to choose another subject in its place.

A joint study from the group based on hundreds of documents obtained under the Freedom of Information Act from the National Council for Curriculum & Assessment (NCCA) says that the state-sponsored religious education course at second level should not be compulsory.

The EAI said it was seeking to "protect children from coercion and discrimination in the area of religious education," the Irish News reported.

Around 85 per cent of Irish people say they are Catholics, but the group is concerned about school children being forced into religious instruction and Catholic faith formation.

The Atheist Ireland chairman Michael Nugent said that the existing RE course in schools "disrespects the philosophical convictions of atheist, secular and minority faith families".

web.archive.org/web/20160723034300/http://www.christiantoday.com/article/christians.muslims.and.atheists.call.for.end.to.compulsory.religious.education.in.ireland/91108.htm?

No more forced religious classes!

Import muslims!

secularism was a mistake

(((Atheists)))

implying that schoolchildren have philosophical convictions and don't either do what their parents say, what their peers say, or change their mind with the phases of the moon.
tbh it's not like the parents aren't going to be teaching their children what they believe regardless of what (((schools))) teach them. still should probably deport ayymadiyyas just to be safe :^).

atheism is the most jewish religion

Stop using elder Togoru memes as you thread picture faggot. >>>/a/

I thought elder togoru was the smaller one with the spaghetti fingers and shiftable organs

There is absolutely nothing wrong with this. Attempting to indoctrinate children will only make them resent you even more down the road. I can tell you that from personally experience.

Seperation of church and state was one of the strong points of the US constitution and what set it apart from other western civilisations.

In Eire, try roman empire aka Catholic Church has ruled the Isle for a long time.

In England, the Queen is both the head of state for law and military. (if she wanted she could dissolve parliament and bring back beheadings at the snap of a finger) . But she is also the Head of The Church of England. It's frowned upon to spy on citizens. However, a group called Street Angels and other groups walk the streets and report on citizens to the police and share information. And the police swear an oath to serve the Queen. So ultimately the Church of England is a massive way to influence or control people. And it is all above board and official and out in the open.

However it's better having a church of England than a mosque of England.

I stand corrected…

And anyway its the Jews who are the ones that are behind this.

Cathocucks BTFO.

Reminder that Ireland is an explicitly Christian nation as stated in their Constitution.

You do realise that Jesus and his first followers were sandkikes right? Europeans were FORCED to become christians, don't pretend that it's somehow your heritage or something

Not everyone is a bitter as you. Thinking of education into a preferred worldview as indoctrination is a mark of the liberal.

Some were forced but some were converted peacefully, like Ireland. I know that all you care about is posturing and millennia-old grudges, but the truth of the Catholic Faith is not affected by the method by which it was spread in a given country.

Nothing's wrong with 1 or 2. They are the Word of God.

The sooner Irish people are free from the grip of Papists the better.

Reminder though that this move is basically irrelevant, since the education was only nominally Catholic. The teachers aren't seriously trying to inculcate the truths of the Catholic religion in their pupils already. Maybe when the SSPX has a bigger presence in the Emerald Isle the Faith can return and there will be real Catholic schools.

Ancient degenerate philosopher, basically a contemporary liberal (like anti-Christians here, who are essentially liberals who take exception only to the anti-White plank) from when society was already becoming less confident, birth rates were falling, and things were going downhill.

Semitic God not European God.

So, solution is:

Rite?

There is only one God. You are just butthurt that He gave the old covenant to Abraham and his descendants (though even in the OT there are several times those not among his line came to the Faith). Even though they turned their back on the Lord as a body, and under the new covenant Europeans have been one of the most illustrious contingents in the Church, you are still stinkin' jealous of the Jews that they heard first!

Do you think that, in order to be a good European, we have to fabricate a worldview which glorifies ourselves as much as possible? Christianity is the truth, so we must make its teachings part of our vantage point and avoid rewriting parts to put us in the spotlight out of envy.

There's no one god. and all you posted are semitic lies, born in ancient near east . Christianity and all semitic religions are not european .

That's heresy, user.

The Faith lacks nothing in self-consciousness. Most catechisms begin by asking what man's purpose is, and explaining the Christian view. Even if you reject it you have some fine food for thought to contend with.

I will not surrender the true european gods to a kike on a stick and a bunch of jewish fairy tales.

St Peter will not be happy.

I've recently gone from a Christian to an Agnostic. If you can convince me that Hell (eternal punishment for temporary crimes) is acceptable I'll go back to Jesus.

Otherwise Its Kek for me and my soul.

The Christian view is explained with quoting the 2000 year old people. You do not need to do it with the progress of science, really.

Burger separation protects (((the Church))) from the meddling of the state.

Euro separation protects the State from the meddling of the Church.

Having the freedom to pick which religious education you get in school, if any, should be pretty basic. I'm surprise the potato niggers haven't already implemented it.

lmfao Ireland is 85% catholic, 6% non-religious and 6% other christian. But yeah I'm sure they are going to become muslims in the next 50 years.

Rinse and repeat.

I'm not convinced that a secular society is safe from what ails us now, socially.

Even the christian and catholic churches are poz'd as all hell in a vain attempt to hold onto members, and appeal to the youth, which I don't understand, the youth are more interested in getting cummies than spiritual health (Since god ain't real LOL #YOLO)

10 years and we're gonna have a leprechaun "god" next to kek.

For you

The fact you're pouting still doesn't change the fact you'll end up eternally punished if you remain an agnostic.

So two of the four founders of it were Jewish

Christianity is the number one persecuter of Jews and has been throughout history.

Even the "european" romans were nicer to the jews than christianity has been.

What is 'semitic' about a guy walking the earth, healing people, raising them from the dead, and calling the jews greedy snakes and telling them that palestine and their temple will be left waste.

Saying "And I say unto you, That many shall come from the east and west, and shall sit down with Abraham, and Isaac, and Jacob, in the kingdom of heaven."

and

"And other sheep I have, which are not of this fold: them also I must bring, and they shall hear my voice; and there shall be one fold, and one shepherd."

"Therefore say I unto you, The kingdom of God shall be taken from you, and given to a nation bringing forth the fruits thereof."

Jesus (greek) is telling the Jews that this "semitic" religion, is moving on, and is not semitic, but a worldwide religion!

Can I just emphasise something:

Christianity is not a jewish religion, even the temple, the sacrifices, they are not JEWISH.
Judah is one country which "claimed" the God of Abraham Isaac and Jacob, but the true followers were Hebrews not Jews.

The word Jew just means a person from Judah.
Its not a race or religion, it is a nationality.

It is to punish the individual for having knowingly committed crimes and failed in duty as a result of their own will. If someone knows what they do is bad and continue to do so knowing it is bad without any attempt to change their ways or try to undo the things they have done then you have to ask yourself whether you should believe them when they claim it is only as a result of being "victim of circumstance".

It isn't the job of others to convince you of anything.

I'll entertain you though.

There is a possibility that 'hell' is eternal destruction (christian conditionalism).

i.e. at end of time, man is judged, deemed unworthy to enter the new heaven and new earth, and is sentenced to eternal death for crimes against God and humanity.

If Hell is eternal torment, then those who have belitted God, continually using his name as a curse word, fornicated, drunk to excess, lied, cheated, hated, raped. molested, masturbated, whoremongered, sodomized, stole - all willingly

and yet spat at a Holy God at every opportunity

they're getting what they were warned they would get.

Basically,

If someone says

well…

Hell was made for the Devil and his angels, by acting like devils, people send themselves to the same place.

This goes along with the "Educate Together" schools they are setting up here. They want to eradicate all differences and create mongrelisation in everything including race and ideology.

Catholicism being thought in Irish state schools drives progressives, leftists, muslims, free masons and other vermin crazy so that's good enough for me to support it.

The school I went to from age 4 to 12 used to 100% White Irish with two lanuages taught - English and Irish. Now it has children of three dozen races who speak 28 languages.
I had a red-pilled teacher who used to warn us about communism. He said they might one day arrive at the school, round all us kids up, and shoot us because we were christians.
What he didn't realize is that we would be invaded and have our culture wiped out by leftists and globalists without a shot being fired

Exactly.

Not everybody is an American marked as a jewish slave.

Giving them a ticket to Africa would be wrong. Better to turn Ireland into Africa.

the doublethink is real

Having being brought up in this system in the 80s and 90s, I can assure you there is no "education", just intensely miserable classes where half the time the teacher pulls the "it's a metaphor" spiel and the other time says it's all literal. The "education", such as it is, is memorising wrote religious phrases paraphrased from the bible. You don't read the bible (I had to get and read one myself when I was twelve), or learn about the history of Catholicism (that's what history class is for, right). You just memorise the context-free phrases they tell you to, and spend half an hour talking about how much Jesus suffered for you.

So, before any one gets in a tizzy about this being no longer mandatory, understand that it's a complete waste of teachers' and students' time. What's important is what it should be replaced with. I fear the people behind this would be content with replacing it with Muhammed's Happy Hour.

End mandatory state indoctrination.

Yes it is. You can't get any more atheist than murdering your own God in the flesh.

I don't see the problem with this OP. Religious eductation is complete and utter shit. It often times misses key components of the faith, while spreading lies like "Islam is pro-woman's right goy!"

If anything, choosing not to put your kids through this shit will likely keep their faith strong instead of confusing them with disinformation.

Fuck off Paco take your open borders and god with you too

I'm not from Bethlehem

Pick one

The more the west dies. The more gold and lucky charms the Potatokin gets.

pretty much this