Here's a simple puzzle, but most people are unable to solve it

Here's a simple puzzle, but most people are unable to solve it

Goal: Get the O to the green square (on it, not just through it)

Rules: You can slide the Xs and the O up, down, left or right. If it hits another X or O it stops, if it doesn't then it slides off the board and is gone forever

The pieces slide one at a time and cannot go diagonally. And when I say if a sliding piece "hits" an X or an O I mean it stops in the square before it, obviously.

For example, if your first move is "5A up" then the X that used to be on 5A is now on 4A

I have an animated version of the solution, but I'll give people a while to try and solve the puzzle before posting it

Post animated version.

First of all…
a) You must be naked to complete this puzzle
b) You must have been breast-fed as a child
c) How have bathed with you father

does the green square stop the x & o?

no

Can't be done. There is no sequence where you could move the O up or down without it getting lost.

Op is fucking with us. I doubt there's a legit solution based on the rules he laid out.

Nope, it's not a trick. There's a solution.

a3-a4, a2-a3, a4-d4, a5-a4, a4-c4 d4-d2
am i on the right track?

d1-> down
a5->across
d1-> up
a2-> up
a1->across
c1->down
a3-> up
a1-> across
c1->down

ta da

Oh wait you said the o…

Well fuck you then give me a minute

Do the pieces move only one space or slide until contact/fall?

they slide until they either hit another piece or fall off the board

e4 up e3 left d3 left

You guys are fuckin retarded

Ok, had to make sure after seeing 6838360's solution that had pieces flying away and re-spawning. And 6838369's lame attempt.

read the rule pal.

Also on the whole "So simple!" part remember that kinda wording is perspective based, much like in rpgs (both vidya and PnP) that what is simple for one person may be impossible for another, that being said I've set up my chess board to sort my movement better.

op here,

I'm going to go take a nap. If nobody has gotten it by the time I wake up I'll post some hints and the solution, separately spoilered

3a-4a,2a-3a,4a-4d,5a-4a,4a-4c,4d-2d,4e-4d,2d-3d,1d-2d,3d-3b,4d-3d,3d-3c

god damn it you beat me to posting the answer
was a fun little puzzle though, thanks op

i got stuck for so long along the lines of:
4a - 4d
4d - 2d
2d - 2b
2a -4a
4a -4d
1d - 3d

Congrat user.

grats. did not see.

Thanks

well done

out of curiosity, did you solve it by trial and error or with a more methodical approach?

I tried a few lines and came to the conclusen that it's promising to bring the o to the d column with one x on 3a. From there on i just needed to find the 2d-3d,1d-2d trick.
My general approach for puzzles is to not just follow the obvious lines but to look for little tricks like 2d-3d,1d-2d that might seem useless at first glance, because someone probably designes these puzzles to be tricky.