What's your favorite Dirty Harry sequel?

What's your favorite Dirty Harry sequel?

Mine's The Enforcer

Magnum Force is better tbh

All the sequels are trash. The original film ends with Harry throwing away his badge and rejecting the flaws of the legal system. The only logical sequel would him being a vigilante. The sequels are on the level of Alien Resurrection.

the one with the asian guy

Clint never wanted that scene in the original film since he had sequels planned, he even sat in his trailer for the whole day hoping they would just give up and keep it out.

Why though? Why couldn't he have made the sequels different and in line with the ending? What was his problem with the ending?

He wanted to make films about a cop, not films about a not-cop.

Is Clint fucking retarded?

The one with Tyne Daly.
I love her.

yes

Also my fav

That's fake you know

Then go watch any of the Punisher movies. or Death Wish movies.

You don't understand my point, the sequels to Dirty Harry undermine the original. If they wanted him to stay a cop, they shouldn't have shown him throwing his badge away.

sure it is

But he never was a vigilante. Harry may bend the rules here and there but he still abides by the law. Even in the original, he waits until Scorpio grabs his gun before killing him, making it self defence and not murder. The character himself puts it best in Magnum Force: "I hate the goddamn system but until someone comes along with some changes that make sense, I'll stick with it."

How do they explain that he throws away his badge?

After Americuck Sniper, I doubt that.

I never saw any, the first movie was so perfect I didn't want to ruin it.

Well as a previous poster already pointed out, Eastwood objected to the ending. However. the director, Don Siegel, kind of convinced him on it by arguing that it showed Harry's disdain towards the justice system, not the law. Plus even if it was to show Harry abandoning the police, that doesn't mean he's going to become a vigilante. The guy's a cop because he's good at it, not because he enjoys gunning down perps. In the continuity of the movie, I imagine Harry called the police shortly after killing Scorpio, explained what happened, got yelled at by his superior and then got demoted, which is why he's a stakeout cop at the beginning of Magnum Force. When they ask about his badge, he could easily say he lost it during the chase.

Oh and just to confirm, Magnum Force is easily the best sequel. Fleshes out Harry's character quite a bit and the decision to have him go up against a vigilante death squad was genius since it was a good way of showing the contrasts between two sides of the same coin. It compliments the original well because in that film we watch him slowly lose faith in the system, while the sequel shows that despite that, he still doesn't see himself as above the law. Plus it's nice to see the character do some detective work instead of just being a modern day cowboy.

agreed, Magnum Force is the one that perfected the formula. Plus it has the bad guy from Fletch which always makes me laugh.

Nailed it.

Tbh, I never watched Magnum Force, Ill check it out.