github.com/szaszak/blender_velvets
bmwweb3.nobody.jp/mail2.html
krita.org/en/item/interview-with-ito-ryou-ichi/
krita.org/en/item/interview-with-dolly/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

How do I buy one

Relax; It's only heresy if it's lewd.

I see a lot of lewd below that tail.

According to the reference art she's wearing pants.

Not in full production yet. You're basically looking at the prototype.

By the Emperor, so much purging to be done

Yiff in hell! Nobody here has spoken about furfag shit!

Kiki isn't for lewds you sick fuck.

Kiki is free as in freedom. That means you have the freedom to use her as you wish, for any purpose.

Is she? I don't think Tyson Tan has the same hardon for free culture that David Revoy (Pepper&Carrot) does.

Free As In Freedom or not, this board isn't about promoting copyleft/public domain art. If it's the mascot for a FOSS personal assistant software or something and you want to share that, then fine, but all you did was post some cringey pictures of a 3D printed furry model with no text.

Your thread has provided absolutely nothing of value to this board. Quit posting cancer.

Is this epoxy-based, or carved sculpey or something?

Clearly resin you casual

Come back to me when it's hot glued.

That's pretty fucking gay mate

There is literally nothing gay about hot glue.

Except the horse thay used to make it.

Kiki is the Mascot for Krita, moron.

These answer you're question?

your* (fucking auto correct)

Kiki is cute.

CUTE!

She's also the most marketable F/OSS mascot.

It would be nice if the cut of the sales of the figurine went to the Krita project...

I have to admit, she does do a great job representing all the furry pedophiles on Holla Forums

Is that why there are barely any lewds of her?

Pretty-much because the only artists that know about her are a smaller group of circlejerkers not from the Rule34 crowd.

You realize she's the mascot of 'Krita', right? There are plenty of artists who know about her (she's in the fucking splash screen, for fucks sake).

hurr.

Hey, let's go search a site like FurAffinity-- a site that exists for lewd, and you'd expect would be all over Kiki for being anthropomorphic-- for mentions of Krita...

...there's less than a page of search results, on a place with like 8 million uploads.

Krita users and those who know about Kiki are still in the 'small circilejerk' category.

All that proves is that Kiki isn't furry fap material. Another factor is the that Krita is gaining popularity as a SAI alternative; furrie artists don't tend to use SAI as much as other applications.

FurAffinity is for artist circlejerks with their OC donut steel not a lewd repository. A database site like e621.net would be more suitable to sample from and there Kiki is also non-existent. Even DeviantArt would be a better site.

I'd say it has more to do with the character's exuberantly joyful and innocent mascot style that there is very little fanworks of her. It's an incredibly hard thing to reproduce. And you're probably right that very few people know about Kiki outside of dedicated Krita users.

Can't see why this is on Holla Forums. Is Krita even that popular here? We've had maybe 2-3 threads on it including the one that asked which FLOSS project had the most fuckable mascot.

incoming lewd

She totally uses that pen to fuck her pussy. She's loose.

the world needs more pedophiles, and less feminists

Where can I follow this? Or can I depend on you to make a thread when the figures are ready for preorder?

Don't humor someone calling vaguely loli characters pedoshit.

Along with Blender and, I guess, Darktable, Krita is one of the best F/OSS applications for content creation you can point to when you want to disprove the "free software is never as good as the proprietary alternative" argument.

Krita is free software, and it's damn good software; Kiki also happens to be one of the better mascots attatched to a F/OSS project.

Tyson Tan is keeping everyone updated on his Twitter feed. The figurine is likely to cost around 80 - 120 USD, depending if you want it pre-painted or not.

twitter.com/tysontanx

was meant for

(checked)
Thanks, user

Nice Holla Forums thread

You ever complain about any ot the Tux threads?

Not sure why you're bringing the Blender up... But the only real drawback to Blender's VSE is the need to re-encode all videos you're going to use, so that they have a uniform FPS. Other that that, it's an extremely powerful NLE.

Plus, the 'Velvet Revolver' add-on does a great job of mitigating that particular drawback.

blendervelvets.org/en/velvet-revolver/

If you don't need advanced editing capibilities of Blender's VSE or Lightworks, 'Flowblade' is about as powerful as Pitivi, but far less crash-prone.

jliljebl.github.io/flowblade/

SAI is still 20-30 times more popular on FA. A while ago it was the much-have thing for artwhores to donation-beg for.

The Donut Steels era of FA ended long ago. Especially since the IMVU buyout, it's predominately a WILL DRAW AUTISM FOR $$$ site. And one thing a furrie autist loves is Rule34 of cartoon characters.... yet, almost no Kiki.

Did you even bother to check your repo?

Flowblade is basically a front-end for FFMPEG and MLT. That's why it's so much lighter than Pitivi or Kdenlive.

That's because even furries respect the fact that Kiki is not for lewds.

And you expect people to know about some weird furry shit from kikestarter why exactly...?

Because it's one of the best examples of quality F/OSS applications for regular users. For example: If you'd say the GIMP is an actual aternative to PS, you'll rightly be laughed at. Krita, on the other hand, actually is a pretty good alternative to SAI, and it's been getting a fair amount of attention from the usual users of SAI because of that (partly, of account of the stagnation of SAI's development).

Also, you really need to come to terms with your fetishes, user. You're like one of these closeted homosexuals who keeps harping on about how much the hates teh gays.

It's a solid drawing program, and it's FOSS. What's not to like?

I did, even though I knew Void wouldn't have it.

You can always install it from source. And there are ways to extract debs on non-Debian based distros.

github.com/jliljebl/flowblade/blob/master/flowblade-trunk/docs/INSTALLING.md

I think his main issue is that the mascot makes his dick erect.

It's the FOSS art program and a damn good one in general.
Step it up, famalamadingdong

F>>683742

Kiki isn't all that loli-like anymore.

Some things have gone wrong in your life, haven't they?

Hard to believe these were done by the same artist.

japs are god's gift to garage kits.

Would seem that the guy making the Kiki figurine is rather well known in these circles... I guess that bodes well for the qualtiy of the finished product. Also, variants confirmed?

I do like that Krita is supporting appimage; it makes it much easier to keep up to date on LTS distos.

Here, does this trigger you any less?

NOT FOR LEWD!

YMMV, but I personally really like Blender as a video editor: Once you apply the velvet extensions, and learn the Goldmine shortcuts, you can get all your work done very quickly with a fairly minimalist interface.

This was supposed to be a comic but I'm too lazy to draw the other panels.

Pls

Hue, what a cuckold

You should finish what you started, user.

Apparently, Tyson gave his copyright over to the Krita foundation, who in turn made her free culture under CC-BY.

That however only goes for earlier versions of Kiki. The more adult version Tyson has made is still his.

Every drawing he makes of Kiki is different though.

If I were to make a drawing and give the copyright over to someone, and they release it under CC-BY, I still have the right to draw non-free art of the character as long as I give attribution. Since Tyson IS the original artist, that kinda takes care of itself.

TL;DR Anything Krita used officially is probably free; anything Tyson drew that has not been used by the Krita foundation, probably isn't since, like I said, Tyson does not have the same zeal for free culture David Revoy has.

I'm just wondering how it's supposed to be possible to differentiate which one is "free" and which one isn't when there seems to be no distinctively official version of Kiki.

Also it's important to know the difference between owning a character and owning a drawing of that character. You can buy/commission/make art and license it however you like, but that doesn't mean you own the characters in it.

It's a bit like what'll happen to micky Mouse when 'Steam Boat Willie' enters the public domain. That version of Micky will be free to use by anyone, but the modern versions are still off limits, until their copyright expires.

Each new drawing of Kiki as to abide by the CC-BY, but that's it.

No, you have it all backwards. The freedoms to modify and copy are included. This means that you can have your own unique girl to tenderly love who is not shared with anyone else.

Everyone has to use the same version of a proprietary girl, since no forks are allowed. That's the real cuckolding. Proper freedom includes the freedom to not share. For example:
gnu.org/licenses/gpl-faq.en.html#CanIDemandACopy

boy i sure want to just throw my years and years of experience with adobe suite workflow right out the window so i can spend months configuring a 3d modeling program to edit video and learn 1000 asinine keyboard shortcuts to get like 40% of the functionality. or i could just keep using an os that has drivers for my hardware so i can like actually render video

also i have BOTH of those videos

Kiki is cute and all, and she's not furry, but Krita is attracting genuine furfags. I have no idea why they decided to interview this autist, click if you want to cringe really hard.
krita.org/en/item/interview-with-danny/

Why is this thread up? this isn't technology

↓

She's the mascot for a FOSS digital art program.

Nobody said anything about it being an Adobe alternative, or the great Windows shitposting war.

A. You literally toggle one thing to set
Blender up for video editing

B. Keyboard driven workflows are more efficient than clicking around in menus

C. Nvidia uses the same OpenGL driver for Windows and Linux (CUDA even works)

If you want to be Adobes bitch, that's your business, but Blender's VSE is a perfectly capable editor that 'can' replace it (especially with the velvet add-ons) for people who realize what a shitty company Adobe is.

The Squirrel is the mascot for Krita; it's one of the better quality digital painting applications today and it's 100% Free Software.

It seems to be attracting a fair number of nips too.

So just how retarded are you, user?

The funniest thing about that image? He didn't even draw it; he commissioned it from some other furfag who can't draw!

I bet that elitism of yours does an incredible job of bringing people around to your point of view.

Not being a corporate milk cow is considered "elitism" in Holla Forums now?

Krita's animation tool is geet better too.

S-Source?

Victorian Maid Maria no Houshi Vol. 1

Wow, I hadn't even noticed the "by ..." part in the image, I was too distracted by the abomination. It's a shame the Krita page doesn't have comments, it would have been a great shitshow.

I have no idea what they were thinking with this... They had it on the front page for months, too.

The one they finally replaced it with was a little weird, but you can tell the artist at least has talent.

krita.org/en/item/interview-with-katharina/

Personally, I prefered the prototype Kiki.

what the fuck. whos idea was this?

gimp masterrace reporting in, gimp still superior in every way imaginable, stay salty butthurt weebs :)

Krita's for drawing, not shooping. It's apples and oranges.

Yeah, so how's 16- and 32-bit channel support in Gimp these days? Or colourspaces that aren't sRGB? Or adjustment layers?

Not to mention that GTK3 port that'll be released right along side GTK4, at this rate.

The next release after Gimp 2.10 is planned to deliver these features. Gimp 2.10 is going to be the milestone release that forms the foundation for all these features while the next versions will actually implement the features.

Come back to me in 2028 when that happens.

Try 2017 for Gimp 2.10 and 2018 for Gimp 2.12

CMYK is not on the roadmap for 2.10; in fact, it's not even on the roadmap at all.

Gimp 2.10 represents the milestone when Gimp makes use of the GEGL engine for all its graphics operations. GEGL is intended to be the foundation for everything so features like CMYK for printing will not be implemented until GEGL is considered ready. For the lead Gimp developers who are not paid to do this work, they consider it low priority work. If you wish, then you can take responsibility to implement CMYK support yourself and submit your work to the team so everybody can benefit.

I can also program a graphics program myself, but that doesn't help making GIMP any better in this regard.

Full GEGL internals were promised for 2.4, 2.6, and 2.8. Gimp development can be charitably described as "glacial" and "never meets a promise date".

I'll believe full GEGL in 2.10 in 2017 when I see it. Until then, I'll assume it'll be in 2.12 or 2.14 in 2020 or later.

Really, we should just scrap GIMP and use Krita as a base for a F/OSS photoshop-like application.

If you want to speed up the development of Gimp, then you should really be investing into the development. As it stands, the main developers are not sponsored by anybody so if you're content with sitting around doing nothing, that's the pace you're going to get.

Who are you quoting?

What does GIMP even have that Krita doesn't?

More filters that literally nobody uses, and that should in theory be the easiest thing to port over from a program to another?

Better text tool which is one of the next big overhauls coming to Krita along with vectors?

Unfortunately unless you're a richfag you won't be able to fund any meaningful development. What would really be needed is either a lot of people to chip in a little money, or for some business to have vested interest in Gimp and fund its development.

I think of of the big offputs to Gimp is the interface, it looks like something bolted together as an afterthought, and it feels that way as well.

Syndicate - A syndicate is a self-organizing group of individuals, companies, corporations or entities formed to transact some specific business, to pursue or promote a shared interest.

The Linux Foundation is an example of a syndicate that supports the development of Linux. There's no inherent reason why people can't form a syndicate around progressing the interests of Gimp. It simply hasn't happened because most (potential) users of Gimp do not understand that we can pool resources to make work happen. Most people only understand life as a helpless victim under the rule of proprietary software. In this mentality, the only thing they can do is sit around and whine about the technical (in)capability of the software and that the developers should do more work.

That's generally the trend for F/OSS, when compared to proprietary software, which often has the opposite problem. Still doesn't mean you can't get a project which strikes the balance well enough and where people get together to make a real progress.

KIKI A CUTE

CUTE

Well, yeah. That's what makes her better than most other FL/OSS mascots. She's cute; she's marketable, and she's visually interesting.

This is changing though. Krita's interface is fairy sane.

KDE in general seems to be getting it's UI shit together.

Yeah you are the perfect example of not being able to view the forest for the trees.

And you have autism; that was the joke.

How unfortunate.

oh, god yeah. For some reason krita doesnt exist in debians repositories. at least not full freedom mode, maybe theres a nonfree dependency somewhere so it wont be listed.

It was uninstallable for a long time because of dependency version constraints. Now it's gone.

I use an AppImage now:
krita.org/en/download/krita-desktop/
You just run it as an executable. There's some kind of filesystem mounting magic in there that bundles all the dependencies and such.

Chances are that they'll adopt Flatpak and Snap at some point, but for now appImages will do.

It's just not on Sid, I think

Well, that makes total sense. FOSS is typically made by programmers with functionality as a first concern. Proprietary software is designed with a business use-case first and given to the programmers as a set of specifications to complete. Most programmers know that they aren't very good with UI design.

I always have audio issues with Blender's video editor. When I've got an audio track, it refuses to seek, and instead just plays audio from wherever I paused it.

Only furryshit I can tolerate.

And it seems furfags don't care much for Kiki. Perhaps there is some correlation...

Weird, I never had that issue on any of my Linux boxes...

I am on Gentoo with most of my media stuff from testing, so it might be some library issue. Maybe I should switch from ffmpeg to libav.

I'm using FFMPEG... Are you using the version from the repo, or the tarball from Blender.org? I use the tarball because the version in most repos lacks full codec support for legal reasons.

That could be it. I'm using the repo version.

Don't. ffmpeg is the superior one. mpv also doesn't work well with libav. How I normally build ffmpeg is through the mpv-build script, and with the following options:
--enable-libmp3lame
--enable-libx264
--enable-libvpx
--enable-libopus

Also with ./build uncommenting libfribidi

(by the Emperor)
HERESY

Yeah, never use the repos version; especially if you intend to use the VSE to editit videos. The official tarball has worked for me in Arch, Debian, and Fedora based distros, but I've never tried it on Gentoo.

Kinda wish there were more chibi style Kiki art.

The Almighty Pepper

It also has filters. Filters are important.

You can never have enough filters.

Any bipedal creature with a squirrel tail is qualified cancer. Filters can't stop cancer.

You've alreadly lost this argument, user. Kiki is 100% not heresy.

errm

Did you really have to use THAT fucking song, user?

Anyone know if the current Krita 3.1 beta is running any better on MacOS? 3.0 was kinda laggy for me.

3.1 is the recommended version for mac.

How horrifying...

From the fourth beta announcement:
krita.org/en/item/krita-3-1-beta-4-released/

Mac support in 3.0 was still experimental, 3.1 should get it right.

Is that mostly because OpenGL supposr on Macs is so shit these days? What is Krita going to do if Apple stops updating OpenGL altogether?

Wouldn't that be an amazingly dumb move?

Yes, it would be an amazingly dumb move, and that's why it's likely to happen. Reminder that Apple is developing their own proprietary Metal graphics API instead of adopting Vulkan.

You mean like dropping out of supporting Vulkan in favor of Metal?

Apple's modus operandi is to ditch open formats and univerally accepted standards in favor of their proprietary garbage that is incompatible with any non-apple products. It's an amazingly dumb move and the eternal appledrone will applaud it, praise it and reach for its wallet.

Which is an antithesis to "it just werks" if I have to always buy some very specific piece of equipment. It's almost a decade since I bought my first Mac and I was amazed at how I could just connect any standard-compliant device and it would work flawlessly. The operating system was a Unix and if there was something I didn't know how to do something on the CLI I could just search on how to do it on Linux and most of the time it would work the same.

But fuck that, after Jobs's death Apple became arrogant again and they believe they know better than everyone else. Jobs was no believer in Free and Open Source software, but he knew that there were great engineers not working at NeXT or Apple and that it would be foolish not to stick to standards.

Larry the Cow would like to have a word with you.

Shame I don't have all day to wait for him to compile his question.

Is that a default krita pencil brush?

Trips confirm

Looks like it. But you'll have to ask the artist to be sure.

Kek has spoken!

Gimp could have really taken a lesson here. They've got a stupid, ugly mascot for an art program.

Shame MediaGoblin shot down my pitch for it's new mascot...

I've never understood it either. The character isn't bad per se, but why did they go with such half-assed art?

Larry is cute, which is part of why Gentoo > all.

I'd give you a promotion, user.

That's a bushy-tail cancer.

The developer of MediaGoblin is one of the sjw faggots who pushed for the current safe-space policy in the FSF. So it's no wonder he's opposed to lewds.

I'd use Krita if it supported my Ugee pen display.

Furfaggotry aside, the Krita mascot is over-designed. Not as complex as some other tans I've seen, but still.

Depends on the mood Tyson is in. Sometimes he keeps it simple and cute. other times he puts in tons of detail.

That's always been my beef with the concept. It can't be a 'real' -tan type character because it relies on too many flourishes to identify itself-- leave out a few for the sake of artistic licence, and it because a generic donutsteel. So, less creativity.

Another high quality Holla Forums thread

why is opensuse making me install 2.9 version from their page?

Another great post.

The figurine is just about done from the look of it.

The figurine is just about done from the look of it.
Mascot =/= Tan

Are those NES consoles or something?

Looks like a paper flower in the drawing this is based on.

First they ignore you.
Then they laugh at you.
Then they fight you.
Then you produce figurines.
Then you win.

I am so happy to have been part of the Krita team.
You will eat our superior product and like it, proprietyfags!

I wonder if any of the profits are set aside to go to Krita? Not that they have to, but It'd be nice.

I don't know. I haven't been in touch with the team for a while.

( and now the project has advanced too much and it would take too long to get into it again)

They might get a share, but even if they don't, they still have things like patreon or kickstarter or something, on top of private donations and support subscriptions.

(The GmbH (form of company in Germany) behind it offers professional support, a bit like redhat and stuff. Or, at least, used to. I haven't checked in a while)

Still, I'm happy that the project went this far.
And since I did some of the interface for it, I always see my work laid out when anyone uses it.

It's not very important, the guts guys are doing the real heavy work, but mine still shows the most. Heheh.

I thought the Krita guys said they were through with Kickstarter for now?

I'd prefer that too, fewer people would complain if we used Pedos for target practice.

The sustainable development.

wasted opportunity/10

Possibly, as I said, I haven't been in touch for ages.

Good point.

To be fair, that would only work if the pen were the right size, And nearly all my Wacom pens, over the years, have been a little different.

Cool idea

You could just rest it onto her arm, and use the same kind of hole at the base that the wacom pen holders have.

a real hero

I want to give money to this man.

I asked on #debian a couple days ago since I couldn't find Krita either, and they said some version was scheduled for inclusion into stretch (but that seems iffy since release freeze will be soon). So the issue isn't nonfreedom.

Not yet he isn't. He needs to finish what he started!

Pretty sure you'll be able to. He sells his models for a living after all.

Even if they don't include it, the appimage makes things fairly painless.

blog?

Good idea, missed a trick there, maybe next time.

This.
Krita almost made me leave Slackware behind because of Qt and KDE discrepancies.

At that point I haven't used Krita for some time, and, on a whim, checked out the website again.
There I saw the appimage and suddenly all my woes were gone.

I am a staunch supporter of shared libraries, but having an options like this sure is amazing. I love it.

They'll likely drop Appimage for Snap and Flatpak at some point; it works well enough for now though.

Looks like she actually can hold real styli. It also seems to have optional accessories.

fuck
now I'm going to need one

Just need Ryu to announce the final price.

pls email [email protected]/* */ if you're a cat named sakamoto and want a cute furret to lick your paws
Because how else would I post on /g/ since it doesn't have networking support?

ign: Alice
deposited: level 13 pikepek(m)
msg: please trade pokemon with me. Thanks in advance.

Gtfo newfag!

Oh great, somebody set their Merkov bot to post in Holla Forums...

Theater and Rei.

I shoot Nikon you dipshit, I'm just genuinely wondering what Canikons plans for the entry level market is

I still say Kiki would look better with more normal eyes though.

I NEED THIS
WHERE DO I THROW MY MONEY?

So this dude, Ryou-ichi Itou, doesn't ship to anyone outside of Japan apparently?

en.wikifur.com/wiki/Ryou-ichi_Itou
bmwweb3.nobody.jp/mail.html

Anyone have experience with him know how to purchase his goods?

Will he mass produce this and sell to people outside Japan?

Has he gotten in contact with the Krita Foundation to setup some sort of official shop merchandise or something?

Last thing I wanna do is have to go through the tedious hurdles of having to navigate nippon pages and buy it through a middle-man Japanese dude service.

You mean peppers and uhhh skunks?

tfw the ONLY thing I don't like about Gimp is the text tool (which is inferior to Jasc Paintshop Pro 8 which has a far better text tool)

I'd try talking to Tyson Tan on his Twitter account. Likely that would be the best guy (who actually speaks english) to ask.

twitter.com/TysonTanX

Why do people keep buying wacom drawing tablets instead of Huion? Huion works on Linux, works in general, has many options, and does not have the insane prices that Wacom has. Much cheaper for a higher quality tablet.

Wacom is known to have decent FOSS drivers and gui utilitities. Hows Huion on that?

It just werks: huion.com/

muh huion giano works fine on linux

Even cheaper when you buy the rebrands.
Works the same, afaik.

Debian are filthy Gnome faggots, they hate KDE with a passion.

You should use Opensuse Tumbleweed like an adult

Wasn't it supposed to come ~August-October? I just want my Krita pencil case man ;-;

That's real cute.

D:

I'll look into one when my current tablet is worn out.

I recommend the Huion Giano or the Intuos Large if you have the coin for people that are interested in freehand drawing. Screen tablets are physically uncomfortable and typically very costly.

A screen tablet is certainly preferable to any tablet short of the larger conventional models (1:1 screen to drawing surface area), but as someone that's used a wide variety of tablets myself I can attest that the Intuos Large or Huion Giano are not only adequate in comparison to a Cintiq but superior in some ways

suffering.

LET ME POST CUCKMONKEY YOU USELESS NIGGER FAGGOT KIKE

Do you think they have Danny's amazing dragon art in here as well?

Who?

The furry artist autist from

Libre Sonichu

someone over there must have a screw loose or something

is no way to explain it; all the other interviewees had some degree of talen... Spoke too soon:

krita.org/en/item/interview-with-jabari-dumisani/

There is*

This is almost as bad as the shit Danny's commissioned from that other furry.

Maybe they have a sort of schedule of one artist per month and they just take whatever is available. The interview questions are always the same, so it looks like it's automated. I think it would be better to skip a few months than have these weirdos on, they make the software look like shit.

I wanted to say it looks like generic vector clipart you would get in a huge collection to pad it out, but after looking at the guy's website I think that's giving him too much credit. If he wasn't using vectors his drawings would look like Linkara's Lighbringer
guardiansofthecloudgate.blogspot.de/

People say "follow your dreams", but you should also be competent at what you are dreaming of. I read the interview, how the fuck did this guy even manage to be homeless, sleep on the street and still have a laptop?

Which is honestly the number one reason why I still use GIMP.

All digital art applications attract those people. Besides, if you're using GIMP for painting instead of Krita, you are either a masochist or a moron.

It is also likely that they are limited to English speaking artist to interview.

A lot of people these days speak English. If you're at least in you thirties you are pretty much obliged so speak English well enough that you would be able to answer those questions in text.

The vast majority of their interviews are of some degenerate/sjw shit artist. There's no way it's accidental. Whoever picks those interviews is either a cuckmale or a feminist or something.

There is definitely some SJW garbage here, but not all of it. To me, it looks like they interview whoever asks to be.

krita.org/en/features/artist-interviews/

Krita 3.1 is out. Looks like Macfags have a lot to be happy about.

krita.org/en/item/krita-3-1-released/

Appimage link:

download.kde.org/stable/krita/3.1.0/krita-3.1.0-x86_64.appimage

Do they have a roadmap anywhere?

New text tool better be a part of 3.2, I'm getting pretty impatient with that.

I assume english is your first language? Because, believe you me, many people with "lower formal education" are pretty shit at english. I'm talking people who did not attend / finish .
Like store clerks, hairdressers and so on. Especially in smaller towns where people don't have to deal with foreigners often, english might not get you very far

Funnily enough their email said, "We'll also be publishing a roadmap soon", so Soonâ„¢

No, English is my third language. Maybe it's the people I surround myself with, but from my experience everyone who is at most thirty knows English well enough for everyday use. Even if they can't pronounce it flawlessly they are able to express themselves in written form.

What I have noticed about myself is that it takes me a few moments to switch my brain from one language to another. If you came up to me and started speaking English all of the sudden I would only be able to stutter some simple words before I get to switch my brain over to English.

Some assembly required...

pssh, piece of cake

post moar krita

Can you git gud at drawing with onyl a mouse?

You can, but it would be extremely painful.

Can you envision a large contingent of fascist or traditional value artists using a FLOSS digital painting program? While the free software community would neither turn them away or make them feel unwelcome they must be an insignificant minority.

This sort of absurd over representation and inclusion is what Holla Forums typically complains about. You can't have it both ways.

Wait the fuck a second.... Just wow much cash this idiot gave him for that commission?

Welp! This explains it all!

Their roadmap was released a few days ago.
krita.org/en/item/looking-forward/

Nice work! Though, Kiki isn't all that loli-ish anymore.

You going to color this, user?

I think it's dated 4 march 2015.

GOD DAMN IT I JUST WANT TO CLEAN AND TRANSLATE LEWD CHINESE CARTOONS IN KRITA
JUST ADD THE TEXT TOOL ALREADY SO I CAN STOP USING FUCKING GIMP

So what kind of investment have you made into this feature? Nothing but posting shit that other developers who aren't working fast enough for you?

At least we know it's coming; that's more than you can say for the GIMP and features like CMYK.

I do this shit for free. Do you expect me to spend weeks programming shit or donate hundreds of dollars so I can improve my workflow a tiny bit? Plus there's no excuse considering they had a whole kikestarter for this feature.

Hundreds? How about a dollar a month?

Do you honestly believe that the cost of writing software is trivial? If you're not hiring a developer to work to your demand, then you have nothing but to wait and hope that other people invest that effort. This is the cost of writing software.

Can I buy this?

Maybe. The artist does not usually ship outside of Japan for cost and legal reasons (some of his work could be considered loli). But it may be possible to work something out with him.

What Tux threads?

god dammit I wish this was official merchandise

I want to cum inside kike

D-dont say things you don't mean goy!

Agreed!

How to use it?

youtube.com/watch?v=fZ9sZVNjXqs

"Well...This was made with
Paint
Gimp 2.6
Windows Movie Maker
Camstudio (for teh end)"

Does the artist at Krita actually use Krita to produce the images? Bonus points if it's only Krita and no Photoshop/GIMP.

That level of production is not particularly high. All you need for that level is something along of MS Paint + Layer support.

kek

did you mean to reply to

If you mean Tyson tan, he has been known to also use Inkscape and Mypaint.

More Kiki/Krita swag...

Any idea where to buy this?

These were kickstarter rewards. You used to be able to buy swag like Kiki mugs from their store though.

Hard to believe both of these artists are using Krita... I guess the one who wields the tool is just as important as the tool itself.

Indeed.
Rembrandt, after some time of getting used to it, would probably be able to draw something really great with a brush stuck up his ass.

Drawing is in the mind, not the tool.

nice drawing you should be tattoo artist

one of these artists got an interview by the devs themselves
can you guess?

To be fair, the one that actually has talent doesn't speak a word of English.

The tool doesn't make you a good artist.

Having a good tool never hurts though. The reverse isn't true, granted.

Having a good tool sure helps though.

Not sure what to make of this...

Konqi is the best FOSS mascot.

How many of these is this nip planning on making?

is this a cancer?

The artist doesn't make you a good tool? wut?

Having a good tool never hurts, but if you're a bad artist it wont matter whether the tool is any good or not.

Sad but true. I should really start trying now I have my X200T hacked up and working.

I hope it's a lot

Humans can also move on four limbs, you pilfered pustule. A cat standing up doesn't mean it's bipedal.

I don't give a shit about this thread. I only came here to insult you.

:O

3.1.2 released
krita.org/en/item/krita-3-1-2-released/

Nothing very interesting in it, mostly bugfixes.

From what I understood you want your tool set on lock so there's nothing to get in the way of you and your though-put.
Does Krita have a stabilizer yet?

Agreed. But you could have used a better picture.

That shota trash remake isn't the best anything

hnngg!!

Shouldn't you be dead by now Hisao?

And she's finally ready for the hot glue!

Not the worst paint job. The colors might be a tad TOO vivid, though.

Looks like the cost is around 110 USD.

The blue wash on shadowed surfaces looks like someone got permanent blue marker on their hands and then handled the figure.

The nips know not to paint in shadows, because they fight with real world lighting and only look good in a perfectly illuminated display case.

Where the fuck else would you keep your high quality hot glue magnet?

WHERE DO I THROW MY MONEY TO GET THIS?
HOW TO BUY??

I want this.

Pre-painted probably costs more. I'd guess between 150 and 180 USD.

Look, fully wired up IKEA Detolfs are great, but some of us make do with ordinary bookshelves.

It does have above average detail work...

Doesn't look THAT bad with regular room lighting.

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

EEEEWWWWW

ARGH YUCK

blendervelvets.org/

GIMME ;_;

Are you just angry he used the wrong name, or are you saying the extensions are shit?

Was furry for Krystal, now I'm furry for Kiki.

I looked it up not knowing what it was and wanting to install it (I make some videos in Blender VSE), found that page, and vomited in horror. It's like the concentrate Milo was diluted from.

The theme is pretty weird, not denying that, but the extensions are really useful.

If you can't stand the site, just download them from the projects git.

There is nothing lewd about Kiki; she's a cute mascot and nothing else. Now Wilber on the other hand...

jesus christ how horrifying

Burgers rejoice!

Japanese furry

Says the user posting in a Kiki thread.

Furries pay more just for their fursona to be on a drawing getting violently fucked.
I say it's a fair price for a 3d printed painted kiki.

speaking of which, anyone have the screencap of that one furry paying $1300 for his fursona to get fucked?

YYYYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

😚

Soon.

M I D
I
D

M A R C H
A
R
C
H

can't wait, will check once a day

More likely early April if we take shipping into account.

16-bit Bump

where can buy?

Here.

bmwweb3.nobody.jp/mail2.html

is it under a free/libre license ?
I can't seem to find the source of the add-on.

Did you look here?

I asked them about that and they told me they'd interview anyone but nahzees.

Which you can't fault them for, from a PR perspective.

Hail Kiki!

Considering how low their standards are, I'm surprised no one used the opportunity to banepost yet. I'm considering creating an artfag persona for this purpose.

So is Krita better than SAI yet, or are we just fapping over it because of the mascot and "Muh freedumbs"?

I would totally understand if they interviewed some very young people just getting into art. But that certainly isn't the case with Danny.

What's so great about SAI?

Lack of freetard ideology and furfag mascots?

fapping cause of the mascot

Kiki is a nice bonus, but Krita actually is a pretty good paint app.

Are the non-Windows version of Krita not dogshit yet?

Spotted the Macfag. Krita on Linux runs fine.

Yeah sure Kritadev.

Nigger, Krita on Linux never had the problems the Mac version had because Apple lags so far behind with OpenGL support.

OP here. Damn this thread really turned into a wild ride... Anyway, the Krita team has an interview of the artist who made the figurine.

krita.org/en/item/interview-with-ito-ryou-ichi/

Why are the Japanese so bad at making websites?

They seem to use a lot of personal websites like this, so you'd think they would learn to do it properly.

The nips are VERY set in their ways when it comes to some things.

640x480 was mandated by God.

i want to cum inside kiki

also can someone draw a top_kiki hat?

When I see the proliferation of anime degenerates, I don't mad anymore, because I take solace in knowing that you weeaboo faggots won't procreate. God is just after all.

Still getting triggered by Kiki all these months later.

Where exactly do you think you are, nigger?

Still better than 64% of western mainstream websites.

Can OS X run Doom 3 yet? :^)

$120? That's too expensive for a paperweight.

But it's a steal for a paperweight/Stylus holder that also functions as a magnet for hot glue.

Since twelve years ago.

Krita must be doing this on purpose just to fuck with these autists.
krita.org/en/item/interview-with-dolly/

Can GNU/Linux run Doom 3 yet? What kind of stupid question is that? The OS can run anything that's ported to it.

>krita.org/en/item/interview-with-dolly/
what is this crap?

Oh thank god, I thought they were going to be like 23 or some shit like that.
It might be a 'Look, even kids can use this software, so quit being autistic faggots who complain about it being too 'complicated'.' thing.

This isn't how 11 year olds talk

Congrats OP. The furries have found out about Kiki. I hope you're proud of yourself, Faggot.

What the ever loving fuck am I looking at?

That's what the furfags are going to turn Kiki into now. I'll try to remember Kiki as she was. A cute.

That isn't Kiki; that's a fucking rat cosplaying as Kiki.