Other urls found in this thread:

vimeo.com/3750507
waifu2x.udp.jp/
jpegclub.org/losslessapps.html
inatsuka.com/extra/koroshell/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

flif

I've felt that autismal pain.

this is what high quality looks like 600 shoops later.

vimeo.com/3750507

fuck me dead!

.jpg and then keep both you faggot.

If you expect to edit it again, save the GIMP .xcf file so you won't lose layers or anything.

The very first thing to do, if the picture has any noticeable compression noise, and/or it is too small: you run it through the glorious upscaler waifu2x. Only then you start work on it, and only save as something lossless.

waifu2x.udp.jp/

Find a high quality source or limit editing to jpegtran commands.
/thread

Save it as png and xcf, and export to jpg only when the situation makes it preferrable. Because your master copy is lossless the quality won't degrade more when you re-edit it.

Lossless editing. Many simple image editors are capable of performing simple edits such as cropping, rotation, and tinting for lossy formats such as JPEG without actually recompressing it and introducing new artifacts:
jpegclub.org/losslessapps.html

Alas, while theoretically possible, I'm not aware of any still image editor capable of detecting which macroblocks in an edited image have changed and applying video-style delta compression only to those regions.

glorious upscaler very yes.

you don't /thread your own post you stupid faggot

Nice try

Okay, have a standalone version. inatsuka.com/extra/koroshell/

Hahaha, oh wow. My meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeemes!

what is it?

More like, what was it.

Off yourself for using GIMP in the first place.

wasted dubs

huh

But thats what the future is all about
what a time to be alive

*Any* filters cause loss of information. Any lossy save causes loss of information. The very best you can do is edit the alread mangled image as little as possible and save it lossless. But your OCD will probably get triggered regardless.

Krita have it in their filter too

Can it decensor too?