Sorry for the unrelated picture, I just have a quick question about the wiki in the sticky. For anonymizing yourself...

Sorry for the unrelated picture, I just have a quick question about the wiki in the sticky. For anonymizing yourself, it talks about things like Freenet and I2P, but neither of those networks seem to be at all active anymore. I have a feeling that the wiki might be outdated, since it still recommends using Chromium. Is there something I might be missing here?

If the government wants to get you it can, and if you want to avoid jews a vpn is more than enough, take your meds.

There's nothing wrong with Chromium, maybe except WebRTC and uBlock hiding instead of preventing the ads.

This. Two things most people don't get is 1. a key part of maintaining internet anonymity is to not do something that the US government would have interest in, and 2. the US government couldn't give a shit about 99% of the people on Holla Forums. The closest anyone could get is if they spammed CP while a cop is browsing, and he decides to file a report.

I'm not 100% sure how this answers the question. Are alternate networks like Freenet or I2P still in active use? I know Freenet is still being developed, which makes it seem like people are still using it. The weird thing is that the newest content on any Freenet site is from the end of 2015, there's nothing more recent than that.

You really believe this? We all know they have bad goy lists, and people on Holla Forums are perfect for these.

I2P is still a thing; they released a new build last month. For you, just use NoScript, a VPN service, and DNS servers that don't log. Seriously, stop pretending someone wants you bad enough to justify using an anonyimizing network.

Oh yeah, there's a massive incentive for the government to keep tabs on a website who's top three boards are dedicated to white nationalist blowhards, vidya snobs, and furries. That's right up there with the guys subscribing to Inspire.

I2P is considered fairly secure by most everyone, followed by Tor and then Freenet.

Using anonymizing services is free. So even if the OP isn't hyperparanoid, it's still a valid option.

He's clearly asking how to download CP you inconsiderate fuck

I want to run all the freedom stuff, like IPFS/I2P/Freenet/GNUnet/Tor/DirectConnect
Link me up fams

The government needs useful idiots to use shit like Windows 10, Linux, OS/X, Android, and other shit with blobs and backdoors.
Otherwise they can'd do shit.

Bumping.

Those pics already got debunked in Holla Forums due to how outdated they are.

I agree, incredibly outdated now that mint now does Xfce and KDE

Holy fuck ad-block what the fuck

AND NO-SCRIPT?!

Mint does them worse. It has terrible packaging and security practice. Since they're the developers of Cinnamon (which is actually good software, and managed to get into other distros) there's an argument to be made for getting it from Mint, but you're much better off getting Xfce and KDE from distros with package peer review and no blocking of security updates.

Holla Forums wouldn't know jack shit about tech even if it came in prostate tickler form.

Thank you for correcting the record

You wouldn't happen to have some copy of the debunkment, would you? "It got debunked, just trust me guise" is not useful.

They could use an update but I don't think they're really wrong yet.

Retards actually believe this

I don't think anyone's saying the government can't do anything. There's an awful lot they can do if you are targeted. But let's assume they own all routing capabilities at all domestic ISPs, own all PCs made in the past few years due to Intel ME and AMD's equivalent, nearly all cell phones due to compromises in the baseband processor and can generate whatever site or exploits they want on the fly thanks to hacks like QUANTUM INSERT.
The question is then are they going to risk exposing this massive infrastructure by using it to go after petty criminals/Holla Forums users? You can talk about parallel reconstruction (though I still don't get how forging evidence is even remotely legal) but it would become pretty obvious pretty fast if something like that was going on on a large scale. Hopefully people would start fighting back because at that point it would truly be a police state.

Being outdated already means you're wrong. Better security and privacy technologies come along. Recommending less efficient shit might be better than nothing but not ideal.

It could've talked about Linux Mint's slow security updates or Adblock Plus keeping some ads on default. A more up to date guide is always better, there's no need to share something like this.

They don't, that's why some dumb fuck posted them in there to begin with. The fact that even Holla Forums recognized the outdateness and you can't, being on Holla Forums, is pretty sad.

protip: if you want to safely browse questionable .onion sites without having to download any software, simply replace the .onion with .onion.to. happy fapping

You're still letting your ISP, the owners of onion.to and quite likely the government know what you're doing. But at least the website owner won't know.

Xfce is considerably more tweakable than Cinnamon or MATE and was probably even more so when this stupid image was made.

Where are the mass arrests of petty criminals and political dissidents? US is one step away from a police state but it's not there yet.

Surveillance state
Not nazi/pol pot/urss
Having information on everyone even especially about opponents you can do things with finesse instead of something more barbaric/visible do be an gullible we governments/politicians/spy agencies know that a positive/no message is better than a body hanging in front of a building.

Believe me, I don't like those numbers any more than anyone else, but there's not much we can do when Jews keep pouring criminals into our country.

I think you meant to say "when our country is full of niggers"

smh