Pale Moon v27 finally released

palemoon.org/releasenotes.shtml
Pale Moon is now objectively the best web browser.

Other urls found in this thread:

addons.mozilla.org/de/firefox/addon/cookies-exterminator/
github.com/JustOff/pm27-sdk-addons
netsurf-browser.org/
torproject.org
addons.palemoon.org/extensions/crush-those-cookies/
pouet.net/prod.php?which=56761
github.com/clbr/fifth
blackflag.bbsnexus.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

That's not qutebrowser.

For most of their users this is a major improvement but all I'm interested in are the security patches and updated libraries. As a user that browses the web with images and javascript turned off this isn't all that exciting even if this is a huge milestone for the project.

It's an odd browser, due to obscure technical issues relating to poorly made websites it can't be recommended to beginners who are sick of Firefox becoming worse and pros are already stuck on another platform. The FLOSS crowd have their own Firefox spinoff as well.

Call me when qutebrowser has tree-style tabs
yes, that's a deal breaker

Palemoon does not support self-destructing cookies, now. Any alternatives?

palemoon is the best browser

fuck.

good grief, I only needed reading this to be certain I will never, ever, install this piece of crap

Yeah great they traded functionality for some performance improvements that dont make a difference anyway

Fuck, seriously? I'm just not gonna update then.

How hard is to make a browser from scratch? I don't mean Holla Forums, but a collaborative effort of a lot of people, like Firefox is.

Firefox is a fork of Netscape Navigator though.

welp isn't that something

Super hard. A Javascript engine will take some time while a web rendering engine will take even longer.

Does it run Infinity Next though?

Infinity Next did run into the ground

THIS

Infinity Next templates faster than Lynxchan.
hell, it templates faster than vichan.
All it needs is a document cache.

Everything is fucked now

smh

It's a successor of sorts, but it deliberately didn't use any of Netscape's code.

Pale meme is Failmoon.

On Nightly it's cool even with rendering issues, but on 50 it's more like a memory hog.

The extra memory usage is more than a fair tradeoff for not lagging when doing anything at fucking all.

With any major overhaul of a system, growing pains are to be expected. v27 seems snappier than v26 and some video playback issue work more smoothly, but apart from that the end use experience isn't markedly different a good thing btw.

By all means hold off upgrading yet if it doesn't suit you. But, please do bitch and moan in the forum about it so Moonchild and the other team members will know about the issues quicker.

I am not to keen on setting up yet another account for another forum so I can hear what stupid rationale the furry and his folks came up with to justify moving this browser further into the limbo between snappy, fast stand alone browser and the rich addon base that keeps FF interesting for some applications.
I cant just revert either because according to other users it will forget any settings for the addons.

Then don't. We don't care what browser you use tbh.

As it should be, still a terrible update though.

I'll be working on it in the weekend and hopefully commit something by Next(TM) week.
something Josh couldn't do in 10 days :^)

hey how's it going m80?

All's good. I'm going to sleep now. I made some progress in the Varnish department.

addons.mozilla.org/de/firefox/addon/cookies-exterminator/

github.com/JustOff/pm27-sdk-addons

There is an add-on made for PM27, and it seems someone patched some add-ons to work with PM27 as well. It seems a lot of add-ons are broke. What the fuck did they change?

lmao

From the release notes:

yeah, manchild pretty much just fucked himself right there. special snowflake browser.

well shit. at least my choice of addons work fine with 27

allright im done, whats a firefox based browser that supports add-ons and respects my privacy on windows7?

i dont want to use tor browser for my daily browsing.

oh for fucks sake

Firefox. Look up a list of things to change in about:config, install some privacy add-ons, and you're good. Firefox has its problems but at least making it privacy-friendly is still easy.

no thanks.
another suggestion?

icecat

netsurf-browser.org/

here is a more accurate changelog
> no longer crashes half the time

that's not a thing. kill yourselves

You can disable the DRM. If you have an objection to code that's touched by SJWs or whatever it is you're looking to avoid you shouldn't be asking for something Firefox-based.

if you care about privacy, self-destructing cookies is a must

How about Cyberfox?

Oh man, looks like Moonchild took a hint from Mozilla and invested in some shills.

May as well start dropping support for Firefox add-ons now since upstream is moving to webkit anyway.

why not? who stops you?

torproject.org

are people that stupid? why do they do that?

Finally. I'll be glad to go back to it now, this temp browser I'm using sucks ass.

also, can no longer press alt+c in the download list to clear it. looks like they got rid of the "old" download list and now you can only use the Nu-Firefox one which is slow to load. you can literally see it render its 5 or so rectangles when you press ctrl+shift+y.

also: pressing ctrl+s too many times too fast opens multiple download windows, especially when you have some hipster bullshit website open to make the race condition more likely. that's one of 5237528357235 bugs ported from Firecuck

Frankly, any reasonably decent browser that doesn't suck google's proverbial dick--for example, firefox--is ok by me.

Palemoon just happens to be the best one atm, and hopefully the PM team will keep improving on it.

why am i cursed

There is a person that browses Holla Forums that should be finishing his super cool browser but DOESN'T.

Because we're living in a cia nigger prison, where only the normies are happy because they don't know any better.
Web should be browsable with Lynx on a shell account you connect to from a Commodore 64.

Have you tried dillo? It doesn't have js or vim keybinds, but other than that it's pretty cool

This. 99% of browsing does not require JS. So palemoon with uBlock and uMatrix is more than enough for them.
Palemoon is based on Firefox and fixes security issues.
You have practically no vulnerability if you disable JS and only use trusted addons.
Use SJWfox for the secure ones.

I'll use brave or edge before I use any goygle chrome or something like that.

I know the feeling very well. Dark times we live in bruh

Blog entry:
I once switched from palemoon to qutebrowser for fun, but I got so attatched to it's keybinds it was too comfy to leave.
However, everything is breaking on webkit lately, and webengine is literally chromium, is broken af right now on qutebrowser, and debian won't package it for reasons so I won't do it either.
This means that qutebrowser pretty much has been strangled by the angry god of API deprecation and I'm unsure of it's future.
So, I want to switch back to palemoon, since I can't stand firefox or chrom*, and IceCat will follow the footsteps of firefox. But, I want to keep the comfy from qutebrowser: Separate window per tab (using i3's tabbing is really sweet), comfy vim keybinds.
/blog

What do you guys use for getting vim-like keybinds in the browser? I've tried installing a few but everything seems incompatible with pm 27 for now.
I'm also interested in pterosaur because it's the only thing I missed in qutebrowser. How can I install it?

Yes, it's called Crush Those Cookies, it works the same way, i've been using it since when i started using Palemoon.
addons.palemoon.org/extensions/crush-those-cookies/

Pic - all addons you actually need, so stop bitching, Palemoon is a great browser in the middle of them mainstream peaces of shit (chrome, opera, firefox) and autistic ones (links, qutebrowser, etc.). It's hard to find a balance between those two categories, and Palemoon is closest one we've got.

I wish.

I don't know if I'd put the bar that low. The Commodore 64 (and most home computers from back then) only supported 40x25 text mode as opposed to the common modern 80x25 text mode. Requiring websites be easily useable in 40x25 text mode is a bit much due to the small amount of information you can fit on the screen at a time.

Once the WebEngine port is done there's almost certainly going to be a AppImage or Flatpack or some other kind of portable package that bundles WebEngine.

C=64 could do 80x25 with a 3 pixel wide character set and some hacks.
Teraterm best browser.

I suppose you could if changing the font like that is possible on the Commodore 64. It probably wouldn't be to enjoyable for regular use though going by my past experiences with 4x6 fonts

Palemoon breaks Coincidence detector.

How am i going to blame the jews now, firefox?

The screen size wasn't so much a problem in the early days of web, when most people used Lynx running on a shell account they connected to over dialup. Unlike now, the websites didn't make major assumptions about how the browser is going to render the content, so at most you'd just end up hitting PageDown or Spacebar twice as often if you had only a 40x25 display.
But anyway, I'm just saying it's an ideal situation for websites to not assume what the user is running, or try to control his output. I know the web 2.0 is a lost cause. But then again, so is the entire modern computer industry. I would much rather use a Commodore 64 as my main system, and only have some cheapaas ARM SBC with Unix to act as my shell account for fun browsing via Lynx (on non-retarded web sites or gopherspace) and only login at the Unix console to run X when I have to do online banking or such.

Amstrad CPC had a native 80x25 text mode, but some tweaks could also extend beyond that. The most impressive example is the terminal sequence in Batman Forever demo:
pouet.net/prod.php?which=56761
I love all these old 80's computers, so much more fun than anything recent.
Pic is nice adventure game for CPC made in 2009.

Filth github.com/clbr/fifth
I have nothing else to say.

Maybe I'd give it a try if its website weren't full of epin maymays.

Greasemonkey version until it's fixed?

My point was that webengine == blink == google ~= botnet. At least it's packageable now (since 5.6 apparently) by linking to system libraries, but it still phones home, it's fucking humongous compared to webkit and literally any other browser, and qutebrowser still sucks on it.
My autism doesn't allow me to use fancy "Look at all my copies of libliterallyeverything" "portable" packages. I use slackware with 133 homemade package scripts, and counting.

That was not the information I was trying to get with that post however.

I guess it depends on what you're doing. News articles and other static pages, search engines, and forums (where any information related to exactly what is being replied to is given in the post if it isn't the OP or discussion happening immediately around the post) wouldn't be a problem, but I can see trying to read posts on an imageboard being annoying when you can only have a post or two on your screen at a time and can't easily tell where in the thread you are by the post numbers so following discussion occurring between others around posts in a chain of replies could be a problem (going to per thread post numbering could probably fix this). I can also see websites with tree style replying (which is pretty much necessary on more popular sites due to the volume of posting) running out of room on the screen as you go down a post chain.

Do you have a source? I already know about the other problems, but this could get me to not use it.

But I wont wanna do it manually...

Does Cookies Manager+ work? That's what I use.

The stuff like tree display of discussion was working fine on 80x25 terminals I used in the mid 90's to read and post on Usenet. You can get similar threading for mailing lists with good client (mutt, for example). Dialup BBS also had similar ways to show discussion thread. In most cases you could even download QWK packets to grab all new messages and sort with offline reader of your choice (those also let you reply to messages, and sync next time you call the BBS).
Imageboards are not as nice, because you're stuck with how the server software implements everything. Same with other WWW forums stuff. But at least generally the text is viewable, which is more than can be said for a lot of sites that shove everything behind JS code.
Some sites have gotten worse over the years. Slashdot for example, used to be nice to read with Lynx (in late 90's and early 00's), but then they added all this moderation crap and hidding anonymous comments by default, and all kinds of JS that makes it very tedious to follow a discussion in Lynx or other JS-free browser. That's why I never bother going to that site anymore, it's just not usable.
Pic is from here:
blackflag.bbsnexus.com/

Well, mostly my ass on that one. Since it's literally chromium I expect it to have things such as safe browsing and page preloading, which phone home with the former, and load all available hyperlinks on a page (distributing your data) with the latter. I just don't trust it unless there's evidence it doesn't do anything of the sort.

Grepping through the source there's a few strings that look suspicious:
src/3rdparty/chromium/jingle/notifier/base/gaia_token_pre_xmpp_auth.cc: "google.com/talk/protocol/auth");src/3rdparty/chromium/chrome/browser/spellchecker/spelling_service_client.cc:const char kSpellingServiceURL[] = "googleapis.com/rpc";src/3rdparty/chromium/chrome/browser/spellchecker/feedback_sender.cc:const char kFeedbackServiceURL[] = "googleapis.com/rpc";src/3rdparty/chromium/chrome/browser/spellchecker/spellcheck_hunspell_dictionary.cc: "redirector.gvt1.com/edgedl/chrome/dict/";src/3rdparty/chromium/mojo/shell/fetcher/local_fetcher.cc: GURL url("storage.googleapis.com/mandoline/");src/3rdparty/chromium/content/browser/geolocation/location_arbitrator_impl.cc: "googleapis.com/geolocation/v1/geolocate";src/3rdparty/chromium/content/browser/speech/google_one_shot_remote_engine.cc: "google.com/speech-api/v1/recognize?xjerr=1&client=chromium&";src/3rdparty/chromium/content/browser/speech/google_streaming_remote_engine.cc: "google.com/speech-api/full-duplex/v1";

And I could quote the entire src/3rdparty/chromium/google_apis/ directory, as it contains Google Cloud Messaging, Google Drive, and Gaia(?) APIs.

Then again, I don't know how much these urls/functions are actually used under qutebrowser, but it has all the numbers for being a home-phoning piece of shit.

>blackflag.bbsnexus.com/
neato, thanks!

Also I believe (or at least would love that) people would still think of those who have a 80x25 terminal and stopped using unnecessary formats like pdf for all text, html for emails, and GBs of javascript for web content. There are but a few people out there still doing it, so the information is scant. RFC is an example of a format that respects your plaintextdom.

And into the trash it goes
I thought it was a typo when you said "Filth" but now I see it wasn't.

switch to opera you fucking plebs

The speeds nice but jesus fuck, that Palemoon based Script addon is garbage, it doesn't even let you configure the files, you just drop them into this folder it tells you nothing about and it sort of just works without letting you configure it.

After using it for the past 3 days i must say that it runs remarkably well. It is fast and stable.

Yeah, i almost forgot how fast websites load without 20 addons.

That's not Iridium! Team 314chan (it's literally just me, unfortunately ;-;) fully supports Iridium.

It's Chromium but without sending the data to Google. And it's German! What more could you want? :^)

Literally nothing wrong with that. There's tons of browsers on other platforms, you're not alienating anyone from anything by making one linux-specific.

She can't take much more captain!

If you're going to use a proprietary browser, at least use a good one like Vivaldi.

pls email [email protected]/* */ if you're a cat named sakamoto and want a cute furret to lick your paws

pls email [email protected]/* */ if you're a cat named sakamoto and want a cute furret to lick your paws
_, ___

you won't feel much difference to getting one where you're from

You ass might burn a bit more from the spicy food though

Didn't know the new singular for vertex was vertice.

Just use the hitch as your hot wire and connect the vehicles that way. No long wires needed.

Mr. "I get all of my news from facebook, cnn, msnbc, fox, cbs, washingtonpost, nytimes, etc"

Seriously, that is like the dumbest way to die. Literally so many ways to miss a vital artery or organ.

this x100 except in cases where there's not really any market value.

its no wonder they are all lowkey communists.

Did they finally get around jewgle hiding other video options from the browser if you are using html5?

Oh fuckdicks, they actually did

What?

There's a spammer in Holla Forums at the moment.

user, originally Mozilla was literally Netscape's internal "Navigator Next" project. They later open-sourced it and built a community around it, but it was started by Netscape and used as core for later Netscape versions (6 and newer).

Tell that to my 800g ARM netbook.

god fucking damnit everything is broken now

really pisses me off that some of my favorite add-ons, especially the security add-ons, are completely fucked.