US being demoted from a “full democracy” to a “flawed democracy”

Almost one-half (49.3%) of the world’s population lives in a democracy of some sort, although
only 4.5% reside in a “full democracy”, down from 8.9% in 2015 as a result of the US being demoted
from a “full democracy” to a “flawed democracy” (see Table 1, Democracy Index 2016 by regime type).
Around 2.6bn people, more than one-third of the world’s population, live under authoritarian rule,
with a large share being, of course, in China.

pages.eiu.com/rs/783-XMC-194/images/Democracy_Index_2016.pdf

Barth

this

Democracy is bad when women's political opinions are valued as much as that of men.

All democracies which are capitalist are flawed democracies by definition, because democracy and capitalism are fundamentally incompatible. The fundamental tenets of capitalism are precluded by democracy, and even though the fundamental tenets of democracy are not necessarily precluded by those of capitalism they have historically always ended up in conflict.

dubs

Just stop.

No, not that.

periods are not everyday you know

You totally don't understand the value of capitalism do you?

tru

I know, it's agsausting reading that shit after a while.

Barth

I swear some of you don't comprehend the concept of overreaction.

quads?

I am OP so I am allowed to derail my own thread.

You can literally do whatever you want there, until you get shot in the back a rival pirate gang who also celebrates democracy.

Come on now.

Also, the word "democracy" does not appear in the US Constitution, because the US is not a democracy.

Instead the word "republic" is used in the Constitution (Article IV, Section 4)

So the US is not a flawed democracy or a democracy at all. It's a republic. Saying the US is a flawed democracy is also like saying the US is a flawed monarchy because it elects their version of king and doesn't have a royal family.

yeah nah ur a cunt

I wonder who could be behind this?
right again.

US has unelected bureaucrats too
Is it normal to elect bureaucrats?

also
>ignoring the fact that most of the countries with a top "democracy index" per the map have ceded control of their laws and borders to the EU
kikes belong in the >>>/oven/

Do you understand that the European Union only makes laws over a very small range of issues?

like how many somalians to accept into your country or precisely what sort of cow you're allowed to have?

Women brains womening happens everyday.
They seem to have no regard for anything old and destroy it, whether this is on purpose or by there nature.

It doesn't do either of those things.

lmao EU pushes for gun control nigga how can your shylock ass keep lying
t. viper

There is literally nothing wrong with having a free trade area with a well defined set of rules

Not to mention
America has a fuckload of problems, but it's still better than europe

America was NEVER a full democracy. Nor was that the intent of the founding of the country. A Republic by definition is NOT a total democracy. A pure democracy does NOT work. Whoever wrote this should be shot and taught American history

Plenty of representative democracies that aren't shitholes. Hell Switzerland is a direct democracy and that country is doing great.

Where do you ignorant, lazy, burger fucks get the idea that the entire world is falling apart except America? Have you even left America?

They get it from Holla Forums and the right wing media

Is this a burger finally acknowledging that we aren't overrun with 300 billion Muzzlims?

Democracy is dictatorship of majority and majority is stupid, and controlled by gibs me dats and media owning oligarchs since media controls the public opinion of the masses.

Totally called it

Switzerland is not a democracy. They are a federal republic which includes the right for nationals to petition and initiate referenda.

How can you call something a democracy when they have mandatory military conscription for male citizens?

democracy is a soft form of communism

fuck democracy!

anarchy 4 life!!!

Should we also exclude France from the democracy club?

You already life in anarchy, "government" is just a gang name.