Destroying Twitter One Email at a Time

What's that, FTC? You don't like anticompetitive practices?

ftc.gov/enforcement/anticompetitive-practices

> It is unlawful for a company to monopolize or attempt to monopolize trade, meaning 'a firm with market power cannot act to maintain or acquire a dominant position by excluding competitors or preventing new entry. It is important to note that it is not illegal for a company to have a monopoly, to charge “high prices,” or to try to achieve a monopoly position by aggressive methods. A company violates the law only if it tries to maintain or acquire a monopoly through unreasonable methods.

So when you block people on Twitter from posting links to a competing product, you are breaking the law! Just like you are doing with this competing microblogging site:

twitter.com/search?src=typd&q=sealion.club

In that case, dearest FTC,

I would like to make a complaint!

ftccomplaintassistant.gov/Information#crnt&panel1-1

Other urls found in this thread:

sealion.club/main/all
sealion.club/,
gnu.io/social/).
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Sad, sad, self bump :-(

This is very good user.

Kek wants us to do this goys, just look at them Hitler dubs.

Never a bad idea to either force them into eating their own or, if fail, prove their double standards.

Someone else pointed out that if this is successful against twitter, then this could apply to other places.

For example, 4chan filters out links to Holla Forums, who is a direct competitor…

YES, I THOUGHT OF THAT TOO

I wonder if this can even be applied to people, like twitter people blocking certain personalities. I wonder if that would work since some people make money based off their "personalities"

idk

I believe that some infographics, and spreading them on Twitter (oh, the delicious irony!), is the next step…

Just remember that Twitter does not allow you to post "sealion.club" and people have been shadowbanned for having it in their Twitter description.

No one remember you weird fascinations. Why don't you explain it like a grown up, kiddo

is there anyway to find out if you have been shadowbanned? I don't have twitter or anything and that seems like a bullshit move

If this were to go through potentially, how much shit would twitter get into? Would it be a massive fine or something?

That may well be the defence that Twitter uses in order to legitimise filtering competing platforms, and I suspect that that is what they are going to say about sealion.club.

I would fully expect an onslaught of articles in the vein of "This new Twitter clone is populated by the worst people in the internet; Conservatives!"

sealion.club/main/all

Is a Twitter alternative. Twitter is filtering people who tweet "sealion.club", see:

According to the FTC, "'a firm with market power cannot act to maintain or acquire a dominant position by excluding competitors or preventing new entry" "Through unreasonable methods".

Sealion.club is a competing product, and Twitter is unreasonably not allowing people to post the words "sealion.club". Therefore illegally preventing a competing product from gaining market share.

Did you actually file a complaint?

DO you have a format/copy of the message you sent.

If you provide me a template I will send this from three real accounts, changing words and sentences around in each one to personalize it.
Yes I am lazy.
Yes I want to be spoonfed.

but it's the only way I am going to actually send it in.

It would work better if you word it entirely yourself. Too many e-mails that are close in wording would probably be written off as trolls/illegitimate. So for things like this, it's better if you just write the e-mail yourself.

Where's your copy/screenshot?

So you need to click through the options on FTC complaints website:

Twitter Company Info:

1355 Market Street
Suite 900
San Francisco, CA 94103
USA
Twitter.com

——————

Dear Sir or Madam,

It has come to my attention that one of the social media sites that I use, Twitter.com, is acting in an unfair, and in my opinion anticompetitive manner.

I also use a similar microbologging platform called sealion.club/, which is based on the GNUSocial (gnu.io/social/).

I am unable to posts links to sealion.club when using Twitter (I am told by twitter that they consider the link to be spam).

I believe that Twitter is acting in an unfair manner against a competing social media site.

I would urge the FTC to look into this matter.

Kind regards,

———-

Have a look here: twitter.com/search?src=typd&q=sealion.club To find examples of what happens when people try to post links, and therefore evidence of Twitter's wrongdoing.

———-

I believe that an FTC investigation and fine may well go a long way to helping to bring down Twitter.

It appears that people are posting under the #twexit

(get it, Twitter Exit)

(Checked)
I am not trying to discourage you, but fighting them inside the system isn't how you win.

You win by destroying the system.

Just savour the thought of these headline:

"Twitter fined by FTC for Anti-competitive practices"

"TWTR stock falls following FTC judgement"

"Celebrities desert Twitter, as allegations of political bias emerge"

This is within the realms of achievable outcomes.

Where this plan breaks down is that the law is not executed impartially by uncaring automatons.

Far from it, the law is executed primarily by corrupt kikes.

4chan filters out links to r/4chan, which is a direct competitor

Another example of how to use the laws against twitter:

Unruh Civil Rights Act:

Applies to all (online) businesses.

Bans all "arbitrary" discrimination.

Has even defended Nazi's at bars.

It is a piece of California legislation.

Could it be applied to Twitter?

Could it only be brought to bear by someone who lives in California?

wait, what?

I don't think you'll get the FTC to rule that it's an "unreasonable method" for a company to ban advertisement of its competition on its own servers.

this

I've been doing the same with the SEC over shadowbanning.