>>>/rel/

>>>/rel/
1. God exists. He exists not as a theory and not as a concept of the universe as a whole, but as an actual thinking real individual.

2. God communicates directly with every human being. You've been doing so your whole life, but you don't know it because you hear him as the voice you hear in your head.

3. When you first learn to listen, it is very easy to convince yourself (and for others to convince you) that you are insane.

4. But God will offer undeniable proof to you if you ask. But, and here's where it gets kind of funny… the proof is not transferable. The proof will absolutely convince you of the truth, but will not be anything that can convince others.

5. The bible, aside from all of the stories and moral lessons, is primarily a guide to prepare you for what I say in 1-4. It mentions it directly a few times, but it gets lost in everything else. But when read in its totality, it is a guidebook for the self-discovery of God within.

6. Once you have a personal relationship with God, that supersedes all other teachings, the bible, your pastors, or history.

7. The religion that most closely recognizes these facts is the Quakers. Their entire philosophy is based on these things.

8. Protip…. there is no such thing as a random thought in your head. If you didn't think it, someone else did.

GOD BLESS YOUR HEART

Your board exists for a reason, stay in there.

edgy, but ultimately futile

true

No, and even if he (he isn't literally a he, we just call him that) did, he wouldn't pick female or nigger.

stfu bigot

Come forth unto me, Thou that art my true Self: my Light: my Soul! come forth unto me: Thou that art crowned with Glory: That art the Changeless: The Un-nameable: the Immortal Godhead, whose Place is in the Unknown: and whose Dwelling is the Abode of the Undying Gods. Heart of my Soul; self- shining Flame, Glory of Light, Thee I invoke. Come forth unto me, my Lord: to me, who am Thy vain reflection in the mighty sea of Matter! Hear Thou, Angel and Lord! Hear Thou in the habitations of Eternity; come forth; and purify to Thy Glory My mind and Will! Without Thee am I nothing; in Thee am I All-self existing in Thy Selfhood to eternity!

O send forth Thy light and Thy Truth, let them lead me, let them guide me unto Thy Holy Hill, to Thy Dwelling-place!

I stand before the Beautiful Gate: before the mighty Portal of the Universe: at my Right Hand a Pillar of Fire; and at my left a Pillar of Cloud. At their bases are the dark-rolling clouds of the Material Universe: and they pierce the Vault of the Heavens above. And ever upon their summits flame the Lamps of their Spiritual Essence!

Thou that livest in the Glory beyond that Gate: Heart of my Soul; Thee I Invoke! Come Thou forth unto me, who art my very Selfhood; mine Essence, my Light: and do Thou guard me and guide me through the Manifold Paths of Life: that I may at length become one with Thine Immortal and Imperishable Essence!

Unto Thee, Sole Wise, Sole Mighty, and Sole Eternal one, be Praise and Glory for Ever; Who hast permitted me to enter so far in the Sanctuary of Thy Mysteries. Not unto me, but unto Thy name be the Glory!

Let the influence of Thy Divine Ones descend upon my head, and teach me the value of Self-Sacrifice: so that I shrink not in the hour of trial; but that my Name may be written upon High, and that my Genius may stand in the Presence of the Holy One: in that hour when the Son of Man is evoked before the Lord of Spirits; and His Name in the presence of the Ancient of Days. O Lord of the Universe! grant Thou that upon me may shine forth the Light of my Higher Soul. Let me be guided by the {} help of my Genius unto Thy Throne of Glory, Ineffable in the centre of the World of Life and Light.

1. What you think of as REALITY is a collection of ideas and beliefs about
REALITY. Many of the ideas you have about REALITY come from the
culture in which you were raised and have accumulated haphazardly over
time.
2. This, in itself, is not a problem. The problem is in forgetting point number
1. When you forget point 1, you mistake your ideas about reality for being
REALITY itself. Of this, it has been said ‘the menu is not the meal’. Please
refrain from eating the menu.
3. People who ‘eat the menu’ frequently become confused and annoyed when
other people insist on seeing REALITY in a different way. All that truly dif-
fers are their ideas and beliefs about REALITY.
4. Beliefs are just thoughts you keep having.
5. No living being is capable of perceiving all of REALITY, as all senses of
perception are limited. Humans can only see, hear, smell, taste and feel within
certain parameters. Information entering our senses undergoes compression,
filtration, and distortion, before interpretation. Interpretation is what happens
when information meets your ‘beliefs’.
6. For no good reason, we call this composite of Belief & Biological Limits THE
BLACK IRON PRISON and is a metaphor about existence. It means that
there is very little you can do about biology; however, you can choose what
becomes part of your beliefs. (Always keeping point 1 in mind).
7. Each person exists within their own, unique BIP ‘cell’. The cell is composed of
the following:
a) Biological limits – these are largely unchangeable. b) Belief systems –
these are highly changeable. Because of (a) the BIP cell cannot be escaped.
Because of (b) your life experience, your ‘cell’, can be altered drastically.
This is what we try to call ‘reconstruction’.
8. A life long commitment to continual reconstruction is known, ironically, as
‘The Jail Break’. Reconstruction is HARD WORK.
9. The collection of beliefs, thoughts, notions etc that form your cell are all
equally VALID, though none are TRUE in the sense that they “are” REAL-
ITY. However, some beliefs and ideas are more useful than others in specific
situations. It is up to the individual to decide which beliefs and ideas they
should employ in a given situation.
10. Some people believe that the term BLACK IRON PRISON is dark, bleak,
depressing and even frightening. If you prefer, use the term GOLDEN
SPHERE of POSSIBILITY (GSP) instead. It means exactly the same thing
as BIP and all points still apply.
11. BIP (or GSP) can be philosophical antidote to dogmatism.

Wich god are you talking about?

Don't you know how many god they are?

>>>/rel/1383

J'ai toujours fait une prière à Dieu, qui est fort courte. La voici: Mon Dieu, rendez nos ennemis bien ridicules! Dieu m'a exaucé.

I always made one prayer to God, a very short one. Here it is: "O Lord, make our enemies quite ridiculous!" God granted it.

Letter to Étienne Noël Damilaville (16 May 1767)

Voltaire's account of meeting the Quaker Andrew Pit

I opened with that which good Catholics have more than once made to Huguenots. "My dear sir," said I, "were you ever baptized?" "No, friend," replied the Quaker, "nor any of my brethren." "Zounds!" said I to him, "you are not Christians then!" "Friend," replied the old man, in a soft tone of voice, "do not swear; we are Christians, but we do not think that sprinkling a few drops of water on a child's head makes him a Christian." "My God!" exclaimed I, shocked at his impiety, "have you then forgotten that Christ was baptized by St. John?" "Friend," replied the mild Quaker, "once again, do not swear. Christ was baptized by John, but He Himself never baptized any one; now we profess ourselves disciples of Christ, and not of John." "Mercy on us," cried I, "what a fine subject you would be for the holy inquisitor! In the name of God, my good old man, let me baptize you."

The History of the Quakers (1762)
Being of opinion that the doctrine and history of so extraordinary a sect as the Quakers were very well deserving the curiosity of every thinking man, I resolved to make myself acquainted with them…
You have already heard that the Quakers date their epoch from Christ, who, according to them, was the first Quaker. Religion, say they, was corrupted almost immediately after His death, and remained in that state of corruption about sixteen hundred years.
The viceadmiral thought his son crazy; but soon discovered he was a Quaker.

"The History of the Quakers" in The Works of Voltaire (1762), Vol 13, as translated by Tobias George Smollett, Thomas Francklin, et al., later published as "The Religion of the Quakers", in The Works of Voltaire: A Contemporary Version with Notes (1901), Vol. 39, as modernized by William F. Fleming

I was baptized. does that mean I'm a christian?

who told you that?
god does not exist
god is everything and everything is god

God is a circle whose center is everywhere and circumference nowhere.

you tell me

no

god might not have a human gender, but whatever plane he's on, he has one.
Kind of a law, user

God's got some fucked up ideas man