1. God exists. He exists not as a theory and not as a concept of the universe as a whole, but as an actual thinking real individual.
2. God communicates directly with every human being. You've been doing so your whole life, but you don't know it because you hear him as the voice you hear in your head.
3. When you first learn to listen, it is very easy to convince yourself (and for others to convince you) that you are insane.
4. But God will offer undeniable proof to you if you ask. But, and here's where it gets kind of funny… the proof is not transferable. The proof will absolutely convince you of the truth, but will not be anything that can convince others.
5. The bible, aside from all of the stories and moral lessons, is primarily a guide to prepare you for what I say in 1-4. It mentions it directly a few times, but it gets lost in everything else. But when read in its totality, it is a guidebook for the self-discovery of God within.
6. Once you have a personal relationship with God, that supersedes all other teachings, the bible, your pastors, or history.
7. The religion that most closely recognizes these facts is the Quakers. Their entire philosophy is based on these things.
8. Protip…. there is no such thing as a random thought in your head. If you didn't think it, someone else did.