Hey Anons, any recommendations of slow-paced, atmospheric films such as "The Ninth Gate" and "The Others"?

Hey Anons, any recommendations of slow-paced, atmospheric films such as "The Ninth Gate" and "The Others"?

Don't Look Now
The Inkeepers

Amer
The Strange Color of Your Body's Tears
Hidden
The House of the Devil

Shutter Island another Jonno Deppo film

Barry Lyndon

Up until the end of the movie, yeah.

Holy crap… I just watched the trailer of this film. Absolutely amazing, very intriguing.

It's a lot less exciting than you think but they did a great job with visuals.

Bump, the movie list so far is great. Let's make it even bigger.

Marebito

In terms of spookiness less similar to e.g. The Ninth Gate, but in terms of esoteric and occult symbolism very interesting.>>679359

It's a shame it went too far with the fucked up imagery and became indulgent, if he wasn't such an edgelord Jodorowsky would be much better.

Fuck this movie, man, in my country's translation the title was the same as a children book I loved as a child, I bought this thinking it was an adaptation of that, you can imagine what happened when all I found out it was about satanism and gore.

That was honestly an 8/10 or 9/10 film yet it's so rarely discussed. I think it was a failure of marketing rather than anything else.

Looks interesting, good tip!

Night of the Demon

Neon Demon

I mean it wasn't marketing as much as it was a small film that was lucky to even have this much recognition.
I hope Pano's next work gets better recognition though.

Demon thread now.

I watched this and holy shit the symbolism was awful after he found the alchemist it just went to shit because it was no longer fun.

No image but a similar yet better film is Eraserhead, which is Lynchshit but entertaining none the less.

Suspiria might fit the bill.

bump for more because I love this kind of movie

Agrred.

Name of the Rose.

I strongly recommend this one .

one of my favourites of neo-film. panos needs to do more work like that.

also, see pic

dont know if this fits the criteria or not but great movie

Wanted to watch this film but actually forgot about it. Thanks for reminding me, lol.