Did I ever tell you how I cut your father in half stole his light saber, which meant nothing to him by the way...

Did I ever tell you how I cut your father in half stole his light saber, which meant nothing to him by the way, and left him to die melting next to a sea of lava? He was a good friend.

BRAVO LUCAS

Explains the Hayden Christensen situation?

Of coursh

People post this meme like its some negative point towards the prequels. Obi-wan was treading lightly on the subject because if he didn't approach the situation with finesse he'd end up with another Anakin Skywalker. Luke needed to believe his father was a good man who was killed by an evil man so that Luke would travel the Light Side of the Force. By the time Luke finds out the truth he's invested enough not to go straight Sith-Edge-Lord, but also to begins wondering if the Jedi were something he'd actually want to reinstate, considering their dogmatic nature. And that's all implications made by the OT, Yoda doesn't want Luke to leave to help his friends because that wasn't the Jedi way. Obi-wan was willing to lie to Luke to use him against the Empire. Luke realized that the old Jedi way was what led to the Empire in the first place, and realizes that a less dogmatic fusion of both aspects was a better path to walk.

Obi-wan is just as evil as Darth Vader, he's willing to manipulate his best friends son against him in order to win a war he was in because his flawed religious ideology prevented him from mercy killing Anakin on Mustafar.

This here.

The whole point of Luke Skywalker is that he is a true hero. He's a person who can actually make the world better. Unlike the Sith, who reacted to the Jedi way by turning their passions to a darker path, Luke could tread the path of light while still allowing his love and passions to guide him. With the last markings of the corrupt Empire and the Old Republic gone, Luke and his companions would spearhead a way to a new tomorrow.

… but that all changed when Disney came.

Is pilot really the correct word to use for one though? It's a land vehicle. Essentially just a futuristic sort of car that goes super fast. You wouldn't say he piloted a car.

Also Obi-Wan didn't say he was the best pilot, he said he was the best star pilot. He was specifically talking about flying ships in space.

But it was all true from a certain point of view

Don't know if he's as evil as Vader but he definitely isn't a completely righteous heri as people make him out to be and you could see some of that in the OT. In prequels, especially in TPM, he was a bit unlikeable, especially with saying that meeting with Anakin was pointless and he blindly trusted the Jedi Order despite Qui Gon teaching him that they aren't all good.

Sequels fuck with continuity all the time. On Cheers, Frasier was an only child and his Dad was a deceased research scientist. They made a joke out of it in an episode where Sam shows up.DX

frasier was not a sequel to cheers, it was a spinoff of cheers. jesus, man, take some pride in your shitposting.
spinoffs change shit all the time.

What did Obi Wan tell Ponda Baba's son?

He is as much of a hero as the Somalian Warlords that overthrow their government every year or so. But instead of a shitty government it would've been a stable one they were overthrowing.

Wait a minute, Ben cut that guy's head off? Was that one of the scenes that was removed after Lucas' original cut of the film?

They edited it to be less violent in the final release.

It was never filmed, just an idea that was cut last minute.

yeah the prequels really gave that scene some real weight

I always thought it would have been cool if the big bad in the prequels had been called Darth Vader and Anakin went off in the end to fight him and never returned. Everyone would have thought he had died when instead he became the new Vader and the old one either died or took his place as the emperor.

That's my fanfic at least

TOP. KEK.

Or, there could be rumors of a new sith apprentice named Vader. Anakin is sent off to fight him, but it turns out there is no apprentice. Sheev confronts him and convinces him to become Vader, and everyone else thinks he died.

There shouldn't be blood to begin with. A lightsaber strike cauterizes the wound because of its high temperature.

These are both much better than the origin we got in the prequels.

This is what prequel fans actually believe.

I always wondered about that, why didnt he just put anakin out of his misery instead of letting him suffer for DAYS?

It's true. He took a slave kid away from his mom and put him a cult who trained him to kill and forced him into celibacy, then he wound up dismembering him and leaving him to die a slow death. What could be more evil than that?

He didn't want to but it was Qui Gon's will to train Anakin. Qui Gon was a gray jedi, he would have done a much better job at training Anakin. Obi Wan was a padawan who would only recently have turned into a jedi knight that could take up Anakin as an apprentice.

This is what disney fans actual believe.

When did I say that faggot? Obi Wan was an inexperienced Jedi that took on an apprentice he didn't want to train and because of his poor teaching, he couldn't prevent Anakin from falling to the dark side. It's the total opposite of "obi wan dindu nuffin" but I guess having a pea sized brain couldn't allow you to comprehend sentences.

Funny how Trumplings hate Ep VII because there's a scary black man in it.
They're so afraid of everything!

He freed a child from slavery and gave him training in mental discipline and martial arts. After Anakin betrayed not only the Jedi Order but the galactic republic and murdered a bunch of children, Obi-Wan fought him one-on-one, pleading with him the whole time to stop fighting. It's true that he shouldn't have left him dismembered and burnt, but you also can't say that Anakin didn't deserve it.

Also, nothing in the movies says that Jedis have to be celibate. Anakin says they're supposed to avoid become attached, which is what you do when banging twi'leks and royal slampigs on every planet.

We know that the jedi were releasing their sexual frustrations on the younglings for 'jedi training'

DON'T DO IT OBI-WAN, THE JEDI ARE EVIL

FROM MY POINT OF VIEW CHANCELLOR PALPATINE IS EVIL

THEN YOU ARE LOST

BZZ, BZZ, SHWAM

What did they mean by this?

Luke's failure to effectively train new Jedi or destroy the Empire for good must stem from Obi-wan's faulty teachings. My hope for the sequels is that Rey will be able to redeem Luke, and he'll pass the torch along and help her to become the Jedi he should have been.

Samefag

Seriously nigger? They took him because he did well on a blood test while his mom was left to a life of bondage ending in rape by sandpeople (which btw is why he hates sand you fucking retards). Then Yoda basically tells him "don't worry about your mom that's just some stupid attachment which I suppose fits in with your disney jew commie definition of "mental discipline."

Two corrupt organizations that needed and deserved destruction. The jedi were prescient enough to know he was bringing balance to the force but too stupid and arrogant to realize they were the ones out of balance.

In his mind they were mercy killings, saving the poor things from a lifetime of apathetic servitude as bureaucratic assassins. Again you pleb leddit disneycucks fail to see the nuance woven into Lucas' master storytelling.

After emotionally manipulating his pregnant wife and bringing her into a highly dangerous situation yeah, I'd be pissed too.

Did his mom deserve it to? And for what? Dealing in absolutes? Assassinating the wrong people?

In other words the choice is either be celibate or be a pozzed degenerate screwing out of wedlock, okay Mike.

tbh obi-wan was a legit sociopath

He manipulated anakin his entire life, cut him in half and left him for dead when anakin had ceased to be useful, manipulated anakin's son (who was thinking about joining the imperial army) into going after his own father by lying and saying that Darth Anakin killed luke's father, let anakin kill him FOR THE SOLE PURPOSE OF MAKING LUKE HATE ANAKIN

OBI-WAN IS A FUCKING CUNT AND A SHITBAG

You want to go home and rethink your life.