Pokemon Go larger implications

I would like to draw your attention to pic related in the past 10 days nintendos stock price literally doubled to be valued 4.5T yen or about 42B dollars
at this level of total valuation an uptake of this magnitude is pretty amazing and would have to be the result of them releasing the next best thing after smart phones

however all of this is based on Pokemon Go, on here we have discussed in detail the privacy and spying applications of this, so no need to go in detail about this
just pokemon go has a reported daily income of 1.6 mil of which maybe 1/3 goes to nintendo
so in short pokemon go is now valued at 100 P/E, for info 25 would be considered very overvalued all of this income based on petty ingame purchases and advertising sales

this is an impossible high valuation that is only going to end badly, of this three conclusion could be drawn:

first the straightforward, nintendo stock is going to crash soon and badly once the hype and novelty wears off
so if you want to make some profit short the stock

second: this type of highly bubblelicious behaviour is only seen at peak insanity right before the economic crash
so we are watching a tulip mania unfold before our eyes in a time frame of days, even the bitcoinbubble was slower then this and that was one of the most liquid trades

third the worst interpretation: no sane person would value nintendo at this level, so this leaves no person is buying this and we are seeing japanese central bank direct intervention in the nikkei 225 by buying stocks with printed yens
which would imply the nikkei is so fragile it is only held up by central bank intervention in insane stock picks

tl;dr keep a look on nintendo stock price it could be the harbinger of far larger chaos
Comments?

Other urls found in this thread:

bloomberg.com/news/articles/2016-07-25/nintendo-set-to-plunge-after-saying-pokemon-go-s-impact-limited
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Bumpan for interest.
never short a stock jesus fucking christ the potential downside is unlimited

Pokemon Go is worth a shitload of money.

People are willingly giving access to all of their private information, and marketing companies are going to pay billions to acquire that information.

Even my friends are acting like retards now. That fucking game regresses grown ass men back to kids again

How do I short a stock that is in the japanese stock market?

Nintendo has other products/sources of revenue than Pokemon GO.

Never change Holla Forums

Pokemon GO is about getting you to Map out every inch of the planet for Google Maps.

Including the inside of buildings.

normally i would agree to never short a stock
but when the valuation is this insane the risk is acceptable

other than pictures of places the google cars can't reach what new information is shared, google, microsoft and apple already have access to all of that

most online brokers allow trading in foreign markets, just check the brokers available in your local

pokemon go is the only new release of any significance in the last month so the surge as seen is attributed to pokemon go

true threads have discussed this, but how will that result in money for nintendo when the mapping aspect is part of niantec not public traded and google
nintendo only holds the pokemon license it is not directly involved in the spying aspect

Picked up Brother Stair talking about Pokemon Go on the radio the other day, saying it was a satanic plot to turn kids into pagans, the mp4 won't upload because this site is ass, was pretty funny though.

Buy a put option

The market is anticipating Nintendo will release other products for smartphones in the future hence the increased valuation.

which releases are worth 22B USD
metroid federation force, dragon quest 7 or paper mario color splash

name 1 thing nintendo has done or will do shortly with any significance besides pokemon go
i do not think it stands to debate that this is related to pokemon go

Me again. If you wanna get real professional you can make a synthetic short: buy 1 put sell 1 call for the same strike price. I think buying 1 put is better though because atleast then your risk is not unlimited.

yeah what releases, go 2.0?

This has fad written all over it, and fads only end sooner nowadays. Sell sell sell.

Super Mario GO

More stock fear mongering? Nintendo isn't going to crash the world's economy, user.

This assumes Nintendo was priced properly before. It's priced at what the market says it is. Direct revenue of Pokemon Go is not the only variable. They now have leverage over what to do with this phenomenon next. Marketing. And the market is valuing that aspect into the demand of stock.

Using your example, Apple's stock price didn't go up because they invented the smart phone (the debate of that being a valid idea aside). It went up because they created a market for themselves.

Revenue opportunity is more important than real time revenue in stock price.

REMINDER THAT THE MARKET CAN REMAIN IRRATIONAL LONGER THAN YOU CAN REMAIN SOLVENT.

Please trade responsibly.

Much of the surge in Nintendo's stock is doubtlessly due to Nintendo reactivating their pokemon brand and getting the (now adult) fans of the original interested in it again. People are anticipating A LOT of more pokemon branded shit in the next few years.

Whether or not that materializes is something we don't know, but as long as investors think it might, that stock price could remain high. It could remain high for much longer than may seem rational.

What will you spend your windfall on?
Body-pillows?

Does Nintendo.co Ltd has ever been this high in market cap ?

I screencap'd this stock graph starting january 2016. I find this troubling.

microsoft is waaay off the rest of the world btw

Interesting bread, have a bump

Pfff, that would be hardcore-degenerate… no, I think I'll buy sume Tsuyu figurines for 500 bucks.

yes user the crash is pending. This US election cannot go through, so expect the world to end in 6 months.

Nope. What is a margin call.

Start losing a ton on a short position and your broker is going to demand more money, and if you can't or won't pay, they'll close out your position. They don't want to be left holding the bag if you can't cover your losses.

Yep. Look at other internet companies There was an article somewhere that an internet company got sold for 1 billion dollars.
1 billion dollars
And look at value of Facebook or Uber compared to f.e. Ford.
It's another dot.com bubble with many more others stacked like dominoes against each other.
Real estate.
Derivatives.
Student loans.

They have to unload their 0% interest rate loans somehow.

Hope you've got some lead, silver and gold saved up becouse when shit hits the fan you'll be a proud trillionaire in no time.

If I had money to invest, I'd invest in the companies surrounding Youkai Watch on Nikkei. There's no way they won't make their own clone of this game with moderate, though nowhere near GO's, success.

let's rob some whitey using this game just saying

shit

bloomberg.com/news/articles/2016-07-25/nintendo-set-to-plunge-after-saying-pokemon-go-s-impact-limited

NINTENDO ADMIT TO ONLY HAVING 'LIMITED INVOLVEMENT' WITH POKEMON GO, SHARES TANK AS A RESULT

So if Nintendo, the people who make all the Pokemon games and own the Pokemon Company, didn't have anything to do with this beyond licensing, doesn't that all but confirm this is some kind of psyop or population control experiment?