Pretending to be retarded makes you sound like a retard

if someone was to ironically murder someone, they would still be guilty of murder

if someone is trolling, ie ironically sounding like a retard, they are still making themselves sound like a fucking idiot

if someone was having a debate with someone else and they pull the old "i was only trolling" this doesn't automatically make their argument valid and the person they arguing with wrong, their argument still has to stand on its own merits, which are none, becasue they were being retarded

what victory might they have claimed anyway? the person they are arguing with points out that they are being retarded? as if pointing out a persons faggotry is somehow "taking the bait"

pointing out that a fisherman is fishing isnt "getting caught"

and now for a bonus lesson that is relevant to irl

making a joke is when one person says / does something funny and the person laughs

if the other person doesn't laugh, and instead they are upset by what the person has done / said to them, then that person is bullying them

if a person jokingly murders somebody, they have still murdered them

if someone disrespects another person and that other person takes offence, saying "i was only joking" doesn't automatically justify that persons behaviour

inb4 "y u mad tho?"

obnoxious behaviour is obnoxious, pointing that out doesn't necessarily make a person upset

tldr

tl;dr op has severe autism

sound like op got trolled hard lulz

tldr is in the subject

ie

theres really no difference between being a troll and being retard

you sound pretty retarded bro

nice dubs

nice le reddit spacing

faggot

(checked)
very nice

dumb
this kills the troll

fuck yh self quoting quads in my own thread, this has been a good day

it was a shit get you shouldent feel special

are you a wizard?

actually
i like pretending to be AI
with bad pathfinding
does that count?

sry i've been away for a looooong time
seems like i overlooked the fact that this board is now 4chan 3-4 years ago
at the time many left 4chan because it became full of bloggers, hipsters, kids and faggots
so where is the next chan to flee to?

isnt there some law of the internet that says for every ironic poster, there is 9 people who are going to take a retarded idea seriously?

pointing out the flaws in someones logic is part of having a debate with someone (forgive me for properly getting into meta posting now)

if that person is retarded then i believe that this has intrinsic merit in a debate

if that person is only pretending to be retarded, then pointing out their logical fallacies is essential so that the other 9 retards that follow up aren't going to be persuaded by that person retarded comments

and ofcourse if that person was being genuinely retarded, but to recover some pride claims that they were trolling, carrying on some continuity with the argument pointing out their logical fallacies is necessary, unless the troll is to claim victory under their retarded banner, as if being a troll is some trump card that a person can play to automatically nullify their opponents argument

gtfo my thread please

bamp

no im harry

Bad analogy, you're still murdering. If you were only pretending to murder, that'd be completely different. You're not a murderer, you're just pretending; therefore, you're not necessarily really retarded just because you were sounding like you're retarded. Rest is TL;DR, tbh. As for the bonus lesson, you're not necessarily bullying if somebody is offended or feels disrespected by your joke. You just have a different sense of humor. If you keep going after you see they're offended or you're clearly making a personal attack, that's bullying but if you're such a pussy that you're offended by words, you probably fucking need some bullying.

I agree with you OP. Pretending to be retarded is by far the weakest form of trolling, and these days it seems that newfags think any kind of response to their bait makes it successful, even if its someone pointing out their weak b8.
The standards for being a successful troll have been set pathetically low.

lmao u fukken mad faget XD

Pfft no I'm not

y-yes…?

't was just a joke bro

cant handle the banter?

Trump needs to put you in the >>>/oven/

Endchan, masterchan, anonchan, and 7chan, if you miss raiding then go to 7chan since that is one of the places that was used mainly on/after Holla Forumsday

The game works like that:
Person mocks a person by regurgitating the person's opinion in a retarded way. Some guy with autism can't see that it's just a mockery and replies with his views.

The troll then replies again with even more ridiculous answer, but autism man thinks he is serious.
Troll tries to tell him that he was just joking/pretending.

Autism man is hurt because he can't detect sarcasm/Irony.
Autism man proceeds to create a thread on Holla Forums to feel better/validated.

too bad your actually a retard

when a "troll" pretends to be retarded he actually exhibits the behaviour of a retarded person by sounding retarded.

if person who was pretending to be a murder actually exhibited the behaviour of a murderer he would have to kill someone for the analogy to be accurate.

a person who is "trolling" pretending to be retarded is different from a person who is pretending such as an actor, as the person who is on the receiving end of an actors performance understands that they are participating in a performance.

if an actor were to play a theif, he would steal a prop from another actor. if a person came into your house and took something of yours without your permission, and later on when they were caught said "i was only pretending to be a thief" i think you would have cause to be upset.

if a person was pretending to be a fog horn, they might make a very loud noise. if they were pretending to be a fog horn in a library they could be considered an obnoxious, disruptive person

if a person called their drinking buddy a cunt at the pub and punched them in the arm and both of them understood this to be friendly banter then this would be harmless

if a person walked up to a elderly woman who they didnt know, called them a cunt and punched them in the arm and that elderly woman was injured by that punch and offended by being called a cunt i dont think that would simply be "just having a different sense of humour" and could easily be construed as abusive behaviour

if you're too social awkward to make a judgement as to whether the person you are sharing your joke with will enjoy your "humour" then i don't feel that you are suitably placed to be making a joke becasue you are unable to obtain it's desired effect, which is to amuse people. if you are making amusement at a persons expense you are a bully by definition

if you are making "jokes" and the person you are making jokes at doesn't get your humour then you are the one who is socially deficient as you are unable to have empathy for the person you are "joking" with and understand what they may find funny

this kind of lack of empathy is typical of someone who is a bully and or psychotic etc

sarcasm is condescending because it suggest that the person using sarcasm believes that the person they are speaking to is too stupid to pick up on certain social cues, becasue of this, the sarcastic comment is offered to any third person audience listening to communicate that they should have a low opinion of the person on the receiving end of the sarcasm. this public attack on a persons character in front of an audience that is likely their peers is typical of bullying

also this subtle strawman

Yeah but both are funny

7edgy6me

I flatly refuse to actively participate in this thread in any way whatesoever.

(except via the above shitpost and this explanatory one)

take a seat, OP. I will give you history lesson.

the whole ironic shitposting is still shitposting became a buzzmeme due to people actually being retarded and trying to save face after while typing as user so it didn't matter anyway. trolling is trickery, and yes it's gotten lazy, but that's due to oversensitive retards like you i.e. the same type who would pretend to be trolling.

tl;dr you are dumb

Nice defeatist shill copypasta in jpg format you got there

tldr; bottom tier

i just want to respond to the "trolling is an art" sentiment that you conveyed in your post, please dont consider it response to your argument, becasue you haven't constructed one. this sentiment was also present in this post

i propose that pretending to be ignorant isnt a craft and isnt art. being ignorant is an absence of inteligence, knowledge, and awareness. going to the zero end of any scale is easy and doesnt take practice. theres a reason why there are races at the olympics that see how fast a person can run but there is no absence of running speed race, ie how slow can you run

it appears that the aim of trolling is to disrupt a community. as this is counter productive to the creative efforts of that community i would suggest that trolling is therefore degenerate. i understand that this is Holla Forums random, and therefore some people on this board may feel that trolling is a form of chaos and therefore is typically random. fine, trolling is chaotic and typically random, but it is degenerate, and so is being a faggot. being proud of being a troll is therefore in the same vein as being proud to be a faggot. for this reason i assume that most trolls dont tell their parents about their trolling exploits.

a clown also plays the fool, but does so in such a way as to promote comedy. a troll only acts the fool to promote discord, a form of degeneracy, the only amusement being extracted from which is the schadenfreude of the troll which is not a positive creative outlet in and of itself.

i would be interested to hear from anybody who would be willing to argue that trolling can be productive. ie that trolling a toxic community could somehow be beneficial to society, becasue i can't think of any examples. altho i would in anticipation of any evidence for productive trolling say that it would almost certainly be a minority of trolling cases

inb4 back to reddit / 4chan

Except autistic people like you are know for the inability to understand jokes and sarcasm. Also, a joke makes people laugh, not necessarily you.

The point of trolling is to make other people look stupid so that other other people (who know that the thing is stupid) can laugh.

Ways someone else can be stupid:
- wasting time responding
- destroying things
- getting emotional over meaningless internet comments, esp. when they actually display emotions

Someone else needs to find it funny for it to be the good kind of trolling.

It's productive the way vaccines are productive: fool me once, you can't get fooled again. So people will be less trusting of anons on the internet, which is actually a very good thing.

Trolls:
- KenM
- Delete system32 to fix your system
- Microwave your iPhone to charge it
- Steven Universe Edits

Trolling is a art because you have to amuse someone besides yourself.

bamp

You must be fun at parties.

If I fuck someone pretending to be gay, I wouldn't actually be gay, because I'm not attracted to gay shit.Or if I purposely unaware that I fuck a trap, it's still not gay, because I was unaware that it was a man.

so if you fuck a man in the ass, but you were only pretending to be gay, that wouldnt make you gay?

you are pretty much illustrating my point

you wouldn't walk up to someone who is mentally handicapped and tell them a long complicated joke

you wouldn't tell an old person a joke that involves popular youth culture

you wouldn't tell a grieving mother a dead baby joke inb4 edgy "yes i would"

if you would make any of these jokes, you are either so socially inept that you cant empathize with the person you are making the joke to, or you are making a joke at their expense, making you a bully.

if you are making a joke at someones expense, you are a bully, you have basically contradicted my point made in OP with no supporting argument, therefore i do not feel the need to offer any more support for this point other than referring you to OP and the rest of the thread

unless you were doing this to someone in such a way that it drew attention to some reprehensible character flaw or behaviour ie the person who was being trolled deserved it and the troll cleverly used their targets own short comings to make them look like a douche bag then this could be considered fair play and maybe even constructive.

but if someone was trolling a computer game server for example, this would stop the people playing the game from having a good time and would be genuinely obnoxious.

if you were making someone look stupid ie humiliating a person who genuinely didn't deserve it for the amusement of other people then you would be a bullying by definition

schadenfreude shows a lack of empathy for fellow human beings, anti social behaviour such as this is degenerate and therefore can not be considered art. refer to

for more on why the "trolling is an art" sentiment is flawed

I'm not sure what trolling on a video game server would look like. Maybe "Taiwan #1," and if you don't think that was funny, something in you is broken.

Trolling != Griefing.

It's not a big deal because the worst thing that could happen to your target (usually) is they're stuck having to go outside. Whoop-dee-doo. Bavarian beet-beating boards are not necessary for survival, and if you need the internet to be happy, that is NOT HEALTHY.

the internet is creative space where like minds can come together to form communities to work on projects.

anybody who is undermining that creativity and disrupting communities is impeding the advancement of the human race and therefore is degenerate

Yeah, no.

the internet isn't your personal toilet for you to shit all over and then tell anyone who complains about it "if you don't like the smell or being covered in shit then gtfo"

if you went to local book club and instead of joining in discussing books, you were being so retarded that every one had to leave, you could fogive the people there for thinking that you were an obnoxious douche

you imply that there is no creativity in computer gaming, or that a coming together of like minds wouldn't be beneficial for the emotional and mental well being of the people involved

by your logic going down to your local football teams training ground, flapping your arms around like a retard so much that they had to stop their organized group would be justifiable

just becasue you're online doesn't make your actions any less obnoxious

also this strawman

vital and beneficial are not the same thing

becasue of your use of logical fallacies im calling you out for being troll / retard and not worthy of any more replies

More like, if someone can't figure out how to dodge the shit, they should figure it out, or they're just gonna get trolled.

Again you keep implying trolling is only funny to the troll. Those are bad trolls. Good ones are funny to almost everyone. Go read some KenM and try to tell me that sort of humor is more of a waste than sanic is.

Trolling is a form of social progress.

One "fallacy" + disagreement = fuckoff. We got a real smart one here. Bet you'll win all the arguments that way.

thats a bold statement

i think we're going to need some evidence for that, or at least an argument

becasue all you have presented so far is that somehow schadenfreude is somehow social progress which is completely non sequitar

I think your issue is you don't know what real trolling is, only the stuff that assholes do and say "lol trolling" when it's actually just being an asshole. Look up "Taiwan #1" and tell me they were being "retarded on purpose." (There is no such thing as a smart position in a dick waving contest. The other players were far too sensitive over something meaningless.) Or the iPhone microwave thing. Its tricking someone else into acting foolish.

It has the same effect as a child burning their hand on the stove: they learn to be more careful. Which is important on the internet, because there's more malicious ways of being tricked (id theft) which you might not get caught out by if you've learned not to blindly trust the internet.

you dont trick a child into burning their hand on a stove to make them learn a lesson

Compared to ID theft or doxxing and being harrassed and fired, no not really. There's not an excuse for believing drivel like that or "delete system32".

Try to understand the gist of the argument I'm making rather than getting stuck on the specifics. The child hand burning analogy isn't perfect, but the point wasn't that they're the same, it's that they have similar deterrence / learning effects. Have you ever heard of the "fork game"? That would be a better example of irl trolling children. Or putting salt on a bird's back so you can catch it. Or telling a new soldier to get "elbow grease" or fill out an ID-10-T form. The point is someone who's trolled is less likely to be tricked again, and that is a useful result.

If you need a perfect analogy to understand what I'm saying, you should just an hero now because life is too hard for retards like you. Get your head out of your ass and address the substance, not the semantics.

stealing isnt as bad as murder, but that doesn't make it morally justifiable

i used the example of disrupting a computer gaming community a moment a go.

hazing a new recruit to become used to the expectations of a unit is completely different from provoking an established gaming comunity to the point that they can't be productive anymore

if your analogies arent properly illustrating your point its not my failure to understand them, its your inability to construct an argument properly

probably going to start ignoring you now as you are on the bottom of

Do you think a troll actually care about sounding retarded, when no one know you posted it. No mmatter all the (you) you get, you can always pretend it was someone else.

anonymously pretending to be a retard still makes you sound like a retard

I'm not sure which gaming community has been ruined; would you mind pointing me to one? I'm also not sure who's house caught fire, whereas ID theft happens frequently. So bit of false equivalence, if you really want to do this pedantic argument shit.

You're also cherry picking literally the worst example I've given and ignoring the other 5 or so. You're ignoring that I made a distinction between different sorts of trolling and am only arguing for one of them.

Matter of fact, I've been saying that acting like a retard yourself isn't exactly a key component of trolling in general. (In a few yes, but not even close to all of them.) Which is basically refuting a key point in your argument, or at least strongly disagreeing with your definitions.

If you can't read or understand shit, there's no point in arguing here.

Real trolling is fine. Shit trolling is shit. Not all trolling is shit. Your idea of what consitutes trolling is broken. Being an asshole is being an asshole, not being a troll, no matter what the asshole thinks, and I'm tired of people who say "troll" when they really mean "ass".

Obvious troll is obvious.

That's the whole point, you are trying to bsound retard.

fuck off, retard

edgy

100k a year pretending to be retarded

Sauce!