For Solace and Solidarity in the Trump Age, Liberals Turn the TV Back On

There is a new safe space for liberals in the age of President Trump: the television set.

Left-leaning MSNBC, after flailing at the end of the Obama years, has edged CNN in prime time. Stephen Colbert’s openly anti-Trump “Late Show” is beating Jimmy Fallon’s “Tonight” for the first time. Bill Maher’s HBO flock has grown nearly 50 percent since last year’s presidential primaries, and “The Daily Show” has registered its best ratings since Jon Stewart left in 2015.

Traditional television, a medium considered so last century, has watched audiences drift away for the better part of a decade. Now rattled liberals are surging back, seeking catharsis, solidarity and relief.

“When Obama was in office, I felt like things were going O.K.,” Jerry Brumleve, 58, a retiree from Louisville, Ky., said last week as he stood in line for a “Daily Show” taping in Manhattan.

These days, he is a newfound devotee of Rachel Maddow of MSNBC — “She’s always talking about the Russians!” his wife, Yvonne, chimed in — and believes Mr. Stewart’s successor, Trevor Noah, has finally “hit his stride.”

“With Trump in office, I really feel the need to stay more informed,” Mr. Brumleve added. “You just don’t know what the hell this guy is going to do.”

nytimes.com/2017/03/12/business/trump-television-ratings-liberals.html

Now is the time for pizzagate arrests.

That's so quaint. Wish I was a liberal.

^why do you wish to be literally retarded

So I can watch TV again.

Liberal Status:

Pushed off our Internet.

Whats with the heavy Trump shilling lately?
Influx of redditors?

Implying they're not manipulating their ratings.
Liberals belong into Punishment Park.

tv has been pol's clay since forever.

all of Holla Forums has always been pol's territory
libtards have to go back

click, boom
The last thing a Trumpcuck hears.

Confirmed, Trump shills are thin-skinned SJWs.

Pretty much this, liberals should delete their Internet.

True.
Holla Forums - Hitler
Holla Forums - Goebbels

Reported for domestic terrorism.

that's a fine anology. But pol is more like Ezra Pound because they don't really do anything besides propagandize through words and memes. Holla Forums is more like goebbels because we analyze kino and jewish influence in films.

Anyone else feel the irony of this being such a common sentiment on this board?

lel. They found the like one anti-trump guy in Kentucky to give that quote.

This is actually fraudulent and flimsy as the rest of NYtimes. TV viewership and subscriptions isn't growing, it's consolidating. Ironically this is even worse news for libshits. Here's a few other points:

1. Television subscribers are consistently lower every year. This was first taken as substantial truth when streaming became the norm. What this really means is that the people staying are fine with the overabundance of fake news and leftist cuckoldry being broadcast, and not to mention old people who watch local news and fox news.

2. MSNBC is CNN but even more unhinged. CNN has been the biggest target so it is receiving the most flak. So blind ex-CNN viewers go to MSNBC looking for something new and find even more retarded fearmongering. I could go into detail on what their primetime shows are like for the ones unexposed to ther drivel.

3. Colbert was plummeting early on until he decided to turn his show into Colbert Report 2.0. In other words his show could not survive without asking for anti-trump viewers. Longshot but there's even people saying he's a crypto-conservative and his character is his paycheck. Not sure if I believe but there's been mysterious moments where he wasn't pandering to anti-trump goyim.

4. Trump people have anti-trump people on the run on the internet. There is no safespace available for the anti-trump people. The electric jew becomes a source of repetitive -and I do mean repetitive as all hell- reassurance that their delusions are real. And believe me, the shit you hear on CNN and MSNBC has to he seen to be believed. It's basically brainwashing and I wouldn't recommend it.

There's no safe space for them IRL either, as Shia learned to his eternal humiliation.

A rich, privileged kike was reduced to guarding an empty flagpost in the middle of nowhere with a knife because a bunch of internet autists from the asshole of the net decided it was gonna be hilarious to fuck with him.

God bless.
The age that 2007 brought in is coming to an end. And it's beautiful.

go back to cuckchan, this place is not for you

Makes you wonder if CBS honestly saw Colbert as their answer to Fallon (without the celebrity viral crap covered by the fat British guy)

Hah.

(check'd)
8ch.net - Der Führer
Holla Forums - Ezra Pound
Holla Forums - Goebbels

I remember when Holla Forums despised Trump.
But I can't blame them for changing their minds. He did what none of /theirguy/s could ever do: he won.

You can pretend that there wasn't a thread on the front page every day in the middle of the primary about his jewish business connections. You can pretend that Holla Forums didn't dismiss him as "controlled opposition".
That would let his former critics save some face.

It was half and half
You still get those threads but now they get drowned with plenty of Holla Forums radicals and literal redditors

not really. but then again i don't watch tv i just come here to shitpost.

So the internet is now too triggering for liberals? Is Trump going to make the internet great again and put an end to September?

Christ. she's so cute. I want to pin her down and rape her tenderly.

He did want to shut it down