What Mozilla have to do to make you reinstall Firefox?

What Mozilla have to do to make you reinstall Firefox?

Other urls found in this thread:

seamonkey-project.org/
support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/enable-drm
blog.mozilla.org/blog/2014/05/14/drm-and-the-challenge-of-serving-users/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

learn English for a start, faggot.

I think you're demand unreasonable!

what mozilla's developers have to do to make you reinstall firefox?

At least offer a slimmed down version.

what mozilla developers have too do to make you reinstall firefox?

Impale all their SJWs in front of Mozilla headquarters. Not that Google Botnet is better in this regard.

Ban all the shills in Holla Forums who shills for inferior goygle chrome and its derivative botnets.

Oh, I already use firefox. Nevermind.

Personally uninstall my copy of icecat

you just reminded me that icecat is out there.... palemoon keeps crashing and firefox is slow for me, should i switch to webkit user? i am not talking about google chrome, i mean midori or some wrapped webkit shit but with noscript addon

There's qutebrowser. It's made in python, but the heavy lifting is done by webkit anyway.
If you were to use Chrome at least use the free version, Chromium. There's no reason whatsoever to use Chrome over it.

Qt? ooh gosh, isnt there any lighter stuff because i dont have time to wait for Qt to compile. anything like surf or dwb? I am not into chromium stuff, even chromium takes up too much memory.

I like dwb. I use qutebrowser too, and it's heavily modelled after dwb. But it segfaults a lot (it crashes immediately if I try to start it in a Debian Wheezy container for some reason) and it's almost unmaintained. qutebrowser will keep getting better and dwb will keep getting worse, and qutebrowser is a lot nicer than dwb already. If Qt is too much of a problem dwb is still worth a try.

surf still exists and still works. It's simple enough that it will probably stick around as long as webkitgtk exists and won't change much. In the unlikely case it's enough for you it's a good option.

Qupzilla is a nice webkit browser that works similarly to Firefox. It uses Qt.

Midori is also a nice webkit browser. It's similar to Qupzilla, but I prefer Qupzilla. Midori uses GTK.

None of these browsers have (proper) script blockers, as far as I know, but both qutebrowser's main author and a lot of its major contributors would like something uMatrix- or NoScript-like, so although there are no concrete plans for it there's a good chance it will be added at some point.

Can't you get a pre-compiled Qt build? Why don't you have time to compile it? You can keep doing other things while it's compiling.

Midori actually has good no script... I like surf alot but its without no script... i cant get qt prebuild because im on gentoo, and have capable cpu for compiling but as i said i dont have time, goind to work, when i back home i have home stuff to do and so on.. only one day in week with 100% free time and i dont want to spend it compiling Qt xD

Set your system to compile Qt when you leave for work. Keep it running while you're away. It sould be done by the time you come home.

And does it take any manual interaction? Can't you just do other things while it's busy?

There are pre-built packages for Gentoo. I'd guess they don't work properly if you do something silly like using musl for everything. Do you?

nowadays i don't think chrome is actually faster than FF. only if firefox is badly configured, it will be slow - e.g. clogged up with too many heavy add-ons, etc.

midori is a magical crash machine for me, it's unusable. maybe it's my fault

Nothing, it's already installed

They took the poison pill with DRM. There's nothing they can do after disgracing themselves by failing their promise to users to support a free and open web.

And they did this for what, to stop bleeding users to Chrome slightly slower? It's dead to me.

The speed I get in my old laptop are unacceptable, and I use Chromium anyway.

i compiled surf and its perfect for now... low mem usage just works... i will probably compile qt i doesnt need manual interaction , just set USE flags and fire up...

midori works great but only with poprieatary shit like gstreamer-plugins-bad and ugly and flash, then it doesnt crash, sometimes but rarely

try surf if you are on gnu/linux

But I still have Firefox installed. Unfortunately, it's still the best.

Make it possible to compile on 2GB of RAM again.

I have it installed right now and I'm using it along with Chromium and Gnome Web

Speed things up. By a whole fucking lot. Using FF feels like browsing on dial up

Unfuck literally everything.

Make version that works in terminal.

Eradicate their SJW culture, and return to a meritocracy.

Nothing, the salt they generate is enough for me to have it installed.

seamonkey-project.org/

It's impossible to do that which has no meaning.

This. Same with GNOME stuff. Spending donated money on "diversity outreach" programs instead of fucking developing free software. I'd demand a refund if I had donated to something like that.

Kill the gay and stop sucking dick.

Firefox is fine. Quantum in 2017 will make it even better.

They don't force DRM on you and there are DRM-free builds. If they didn't offer DRM support, they would lose even more users.

They're a non-profit organization. They shouldn't care that much about users. Instead, they should care about advanced users and developers. Cut off their spendings on advertisements and meme positions in HR, "developer evangelists", unnecessary redesigners and other hispster crap.

Well, Mozilla is going to remove the Battery Status API due to its privacy implications. They are still doing what we expect of them.

I'd rather go with a browser that will never have any form of DRM. First it's for playing streaming content and next thing you know it'll be required to view webpages so you don't block their advertising or modify the page.

The precedent has been set and the one organization that was supposed to fight it promising that they'd keep the web open and free capitulated. What happens when a major site like Facebook starts requiring DRM extensions to be usable? What's stopping them now?

support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/enable-drm

DRM in Firefox = Google Widevine CDM and Adobe Primetime CDM plugins

If you disable DRM, these plugins are removed.

You're the only person in this thread defending firefux.

Yes I know how it works, that it's sandboxed and entirely optional.

It still doesn't make it right. They didn't start their announcement about this with "Today at Mozilla we find ourselves at a difficult spot." because this was a trivial issue.

blog.mozilla.org/blog/2014/05/14/drm-and-the-challenge-of-serving-users/

If it was something like Flash or Silverlight done by a third party it would be a trivial issue. Instead they're working with Adobe to implement it and help make it part of the web.

They could have have stood their ground and say Gno, Firefox isn't a normal product and our users aren't mindless consumers who should abide this affrontment. They'd rather be known as a shitty Chrome ripoff instead.

safari-level of smoothness when scrolling on mac

Nothing, considering Pale Moon keeps stabbing itself in the foot each update.

Pale Moon being cancer and not supporting Youtube or even the MTB-News Bikemarkt properly.

What CAN you do to make me uninstall it?

Serious answer: Give users the ability to prevent websites from taking over keyboard shortcuts. There's no goddamn reason that drooling webdev monkeys should have that kind of power.

I really don't like Firefox but where else will I get uMatrix?

Only alternative I know is Chromium and that's even worse.

Strip all the useless garbage out of it. At least turn them into add-ons like Icecat does.

>>>/oven/

IT'S "WHAT DO MOZILLA DEVELOPERS HAVE TO DO TO MAKE YOU REINSTALL FIREFOX" YOU DUMB PAJEET

AND EVEN THEN THAT IS A TERRIBLE QUESTION BETTE PHRASED AS "HOW CAN MOZILLA DEVELOPERS CONVINCE PEOPLE TO USE FIREFOX" YOU BROWN STREET SHITTER

mp4 support

Since Autismfox aka Palemoon updated and permanently removed support for a shit load of addons including my login extension for sadpanda, I may just have to go back anyway.

Be faster than Brave.

I use a fork of firefox.
Want me to install the original one ?

Stop adding non free software.
Stop adding/promoting DRMs.
Use GPLv3
Learn to code in C, lisp/scheme/guile.
Stop promoting javascript it's a security menace.
Promote freedom.
Be the the godfather of extension that one: free/libre software, two: promotes freedom and privacy via their functionality.

Fix your font rendering you Qt