Max Gilardi (pony.mov, etc) has launched a new series of animated movie reviews...

Max Gilardi (pony.mov, etc) has launched a new series of animated movie reviews. Great to see him making regular content again.

The first ep trashes Zootopia: youtu.be/Ii7q2IZXM2Q

Zootopia's racism allegory doesn't make sense because last time I checked, Blacks, Hispanics and Muslims don't have the instinctual urge/need to eat white people

Wasn't really targeting specific races. Just racism in general.

But carnivores were supposed to represent non-whites right?

No dude. It's racism for the animal world meant to represent racism in our world as a whole. It's not supposed to be so literal and specific.

How the mighty has fallen.

He was slightly entertaining at his best.

That was stupid.
I agree that the moral of a story can ruin a movie if it is not done well, but fuck the rest.
Dr Seuss made the Lorax and it is considered a classic but the moral was not subtle at all.
Besides Zootopia pointed out many times that animals were still animals at many levels, but the animals changed, they evolved and now the differences are less notorious and less important.
And that was the message, that Zootopia was above of all the differences between animals and fear was breaking it apart. They only had to trust each other or some shit like that.
Sure it was preachy sometimes but the movie had 2 characters slowly learning about each other and their prejudice and their mindset changed because of that, and that was a big part of the message and it was subtle enough.

Seems like he's saying more stupid shit than intelligent shit, and putting a ton of effort into doing it just so he can he can maintain his tryhard edgelord persona.

I liked this one. Even though I've never played Animal Crossing.

Since this is becoming a Hot diggety demon thread here's one of his lesser known works that I liked.

how about some fnaf stuff?

wait so is he going to do a suicide squad review?

Note the link stubs at the end of the vid: September 9, assuming he keeps to his schedule. A lot of the art he's been sharing online for the past month or so has been used in his new show; his social media would be a good seam to mine for clues on upcoming show topics. I'd wager a Sausage Party review is on the cards. He's been shilling hard for that one.

Fuck off back to tumblr.

I know, like he totally ignores the city itself which is build for the convenience of every animal and he totally ignores Judy getting shat on by her co workers because she's a rabbit.

Totally doesn't bring up the predators vs prey aspect of the movie (which is the basic fucking plot of the movie) and doesn't mention the villain or her motives.

Plus way to take the scene of Nick asking Judy if she's afraid of him out of context, because that scene was meant to show that despite all the crap that they've been through together, Judy is still bigoted towards Nick.

Sure the movie did get preachy at times but it still told a good story and hell Judy is still a better written character than Rey was in TFA.

Seriously his entire argument is "This movie is popular and I hate it because it's popular"

And can we please stop pretending Mr Fox was a good movie? It was a bastardized American version of a British classic with a pretentious hipster director making it.

"i dont like something, therefore it's bad. stop pretending it's good, i really don't like it"

Saying someone is an edgelord is tumblr now?
Are you retarded or just new?

Mr. Fox was an example of how to make an adult animated cartoon unlike this film.

Dude, fucking Reddit and Morty is better than Weed LMFAO the movie.

You first, uninitiated newfag.

His deadpan reality writing was something, until he tried to copy Oney and psychicpebbles' humor.

Yeah I do remember homeless AVGN.

Adam Sandler vampire is still a fucking thing.

Is "small-minded" PC terminology?

If you have to ask if something is 'pc terminology', you're far too paranoid

Edgelord is a derivative of shitlord which got its start on tumblr because of faggots obsessed with Homestuck.
You call me a newfag but don't know where things come from yourself.

Sure thing, Mr. Internet Historian

Acutally edgelord adn ashitlords is a derivative of the term "Faglord" used in the early days of 4chan. Trust me I got a PHD in saying shit that can't be proved.

Actually edgelord was being used before tumblr came up with shitlord.
So you're both new and retarded.

Such "quality" animation and writing.

okay

truly a genius of our time.

This is one of his best work, honestly.

Where the joke?

The joke is that there's CEOs who read this script, who saw this scene and still published the film

The joke is Hollywood is still stupid enough to give Seth Rogen money to make movies with his retarded stoner friends.

Stick a stake up your ass, faglord. Make sure to cut your tiny benis into bits and eat it too.

While I'm not saying you're advertising your own channel, I'm saying that you're advertising your own channel.

yup

no, prey are non-whites.
for instance the "you can't call us cute" scene.

fuck off

Not eat. Kill, rape, conquer and subjugate, maybe.