Let's laugh at Kotaku

So apparently Kotaku a quote and quote "video game" site decided to write an article about how much western animation has changed over the years.

Let's read along and laugh
archive.is/xtI75

Oh god, they headlined it with Harry Partridge's pisstake image

(checked)
I thought they were already dead.

No, just bought out

This entire "article" is just a small paragraph shilling for Harry Partridge.

Evil never die, user

It's just one paragraph headlined with an image that's been posted to hell and back. Nothing to see here.

Gawker, the website, is dead. Gizmodo, Deadspin, Jezebel, Kotaku, Lifehacker and Jalopnik are apparently under Univision now.

Also notice how the examples used in the picture are wrong? Like he drew the 90's version like an animated Disney movie yet he's using shows with talking animals as his example.

Learn English, nigga.

I can still write better than Kotaku, so that's good enough for me.

The company that bought them closes most of the stuff they buy

コタクはもう死んでる

Oh, I heard of him and I saw the image before but I had no idea he made it. Neat.

They get it wrong on purpose to incite controversy, best thing is to just ignore them and anyone stupid enough to actually read their shit.

It seems more like the quality of entertainment journalism nowadays: 'this guy made a comparison and I'm not gonna bother building upon it or make the reader actually think about the subject', just a copypaste of HP's comparison and the bare minimum text.
Or that's at least the sense I make of it, HP is one name I didn't expect to get shilled at kotaku. Vid related.

You shouldn't be content with mediocrity user, that has driven to the current state of entertainment.

I'm pretty sure these idiots don't even watch his shit and just shilled him out because they thought his picture would make a good "article".

isn't that the faggot beaner company owned by the singular most corrupt mexican shit to walk the earth that actively exports tacos to the united states to work shit jobs for shit wages and import monnies so that they can maybe call their familias on telephone lines that he also owns?
fuck.

It doesn't seem to be very Mexican now days.

western animation has indeed changed, but i wouldn't call it "evolution"
Around the time of Shows like Jhonny Bravo, Dexter's Lab or the Powerpuff Girls designs could simply be considered as a "simplyfication"
they somehow remind me of Hanna Barbera cartoons wich were made like that so they could be easyer and cheaper to animate and didn't5 banckrupt the studio like Tom & Jerry fucked up MGM
But current year cartoons seem to have simplyfied the designs waaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyy to much
Dexter's Lab looks as realistic as a Davinchi painting compared to stuff like Adventure Time.The current year art design for cartoons simply looks horrible

I think we Westerns aren't cut for drawings, nowadays the charaters ar designed to be more rounded, but in the past thy were just as simple, but more angular.

Just check this pics, cartoons arent any worse than what they used to be, and Anime character design has always been much better even in shitty Anime, good Anime, whatever.

I want to get a hairjob from Yami-chan

Hell, in fact Cartoon Network were the ones more angular, most cartoons where the same really.

yes, because impossible hair, giant eyes, test-tube thin arms, knees that look like she's consciously trying to give herself a leg condition by bending them inward, legs that look way too goddamned long for her body. all indicative of a great character design

you wanna compare someone that's trying and failing at human anatomy vs someone that isn't even trying? that's fine if you need that kind of handicap, but how insecure are you that you need this? you gonna try comparing it to 12 oz mouse next, nigga?

Cartoon designs have gotten more simplified and abstract probably because CGI has been sucking up all of the money.

That and they used to do more 'realistic' designs in the 80s, which turned out to be expensive and difficult, especially on the low budgets most of them had. (He-Man and GI Joe era)

You're that faggot from a while back that tried saying that anime is anatomically incorrect because they have big eyes, and that Samurai Jack is just as incorrect because his chin is literally square?
Have you ever so much as looked at a video about character design in your life, much less read a book or taken a class? You read like someone who probably draws stick figures.

anime IS anatomically incorrect 9 times outta 10 and it's just sad because they're actually trying to be anatomically correct

you can cry while masterbating your 2 inch dick all you want to inferior japanese art. it doesn't make it any better

Kill yourself

found the kike

I'm not sure you are quite understanding what you are saying. Dexter's laboratory's animation was terribly simplistic, just like the one found in old PPG. It was not bad, it did the trick, but fuck you if you want to use it as an example of anything good. Just look at the way Dexter moves his feet, it's terrible.

In comparison, Adventure Time has a "worse" art style, being uglier and simpler, but its animation is much more fluid even though they just have noodle limbs. Art is worse, but animation is better.

Compare it to Steven Universe, though. Despite being cited as an example of bad animation because muh cherrypicked examples of line of action and muh cherrypicked shitty offmodel shots, it's miles better than AT or RS. Only a single character has noodle arms, but the rest are quite thick. They are not as easy to animate, and even then, they manage to make it more fluid than Dexter's Laboratory. After all, when SU is put as an example of bad animation, it's being compared to Tom & Jerry and the likes, which are pretty much the animation gold standard.

Basically, Dexter's Laboratory was, animation-wise, as bad as what we have right now. Let's not get nostalgic about it in that aspect.

You're seriously comparing a show that was animated using cel animation to shows animated digitally.

Ah yes, we all remember the time and effort they put into make sure Dexter looks like he's walking properly.

I wonder who could be behind this post. :^)

Today I will remind them.

All those shows are hand-drawn Koren sweatshop, with the later show being digitally colored

I feel those are really only noticeable when they wiggle around SpongeBob-style

AT's look isn't so bad if you consider it to be somewhat more elaborate notebook doodles

Err, intentionally goofy expressions/poses

Sarcasm is lost on you, isn't it?

Translation: Oh shit I better back peddle to not look like an ass.

Hah, alright user, if that helps you sleep.

The 2nd and 4th pic made my blood boil out my asshole.