If the reason we don't get more cartoons with girls is that girl toys don't sell...

If the reason we don't get more cartoons with girls is that girl toys don't sell, why don't we get cartoons with tomboys that are only infrequently pointed out to be girls?

Other urls found in this thread:

voxday.blogspot.com/2016/09/what-men-read.html?m=0
twitlonger.com/show/n_1sp383d
archive.is/K4VCK
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Because then you'll have a disaster like Korra.

Dykes killed the tomboy. You can't have a girl that acts very tough without making her a lesbian now.

Because of social justice, girls can't just be tomboys. Certain insane parts of the audience will be like " This means xe's TRANS!" and "this means shes a lesbian!".

Maybe call it the Korra effect? Combine this with nothing being released today that isnt some twee Girl Power bullshit.

[citation needed]

1. Girls outside of pits in Africa favor femininity for not just themselves, but their self-inserts also. See Barbie, Sailor Moon, and other works directed at females with "mainstream" reach.

2. Sticking in chicks within works directed at males doesn't significantly raise the female audience. See the flop of Ghostfatties.

Have you ever seen how girls treat tomboys? Girls hate tomboys. Tomboys hang out with guys for a reason.

Every tomboy I've ever met has been a massive slut. They couldn't cut it with the girl's circle, so they hang with the boys and have them tolerate her presence with the trading of sexual favors. I've yet to ever meet the genuine tomboy who actually has male interests beyond a superficial level and who didn't sell her body for male acceptance.

so they are like fake nerd girls

But being a slut is the most boyish thing possible. If you were just you in a girl body, you'd probably know all your buddies' cocks intimately. You'd probably let them run trains on you after a night of playing vidya.

Don't even pretend I'm wrong.

That's just manbrain. Manbrain sex is yes/no, womanbrain sex is maybemaybemaybemaybemaybe EW I'M NOT CLEANING THAT UP.
Manbrain is binary, womanbrain is analogue. Slutshaming a woman for not making men jump through hoops, buy them shit, wear a ring to show rivals that they're owned, that just shows you've been indoctrinated by women.
Men fuck for release, for fun, for friendship, women fuck to get money or the things money can buy, to obey a biological imperative to breed, or to humiliate a rival.
If a man fucked like a woman, you'd call him a narcissist, or a borderline personality disorder. That's normal behaviour for women. When's the last time you heard a woman called one of those things?

I don't get this logic, we've had TONS of shows aimed at girls in the past like MLP, Rainbow Bright and Jem yet all of a fucking sudden we're gonna act like it's hard to create children's shows with lead female characters.

Fuck this gay earth.

Well, that is what happens in a social media ridden world. People got to conscious of what others people think and trying to be progressive that they essentially are trying to recreate the wheel that was working well before. They've disconnected themselves from any undesirables and sheltered themselves to foster their very own jaded view of the world and made it their life's work.

I think it was geocities or myspace where I kind of went through a similar thing in the early 2000s. Being the first time I had internet, addiction to the connection of a wider world is what I should have expected but I didn't see it at the time. Always on the pulse of the internet faster than my own heartbeat was what my life was back then. Basically, I went through the smoke the whole cigarette pack as punishment situation to finally scale back on the internet as a whole and not make it a very consuming part of my life. I kind of laugh as I see people going through a similar situation as me, but at a much worse scale, because it shows through their work. You can tell the shit sites they read just in how they express themselves.

I feel that people have stopped learning as a society even though we are more connected more than ever. They don't understand the stories that movies, games and books are telling them and look too deep into the superficial. Entertainment overrides facts or meaningfulness. This digital rot has made people stop building upon the foundation of their fore founders and just made twitter addicted, self-hating narcissist on a misguided crusade.

I'm sure you've seen in many stories how someone is trying to manipulate the world through good intentions and how it went wrong. That is what is happening to people now but they don't realize it and there are many sequels planned. They ain't gonna learn from their mistakes unless through a harsh cultural shock to their own beliefs. Organically and in a way that doesn't manipulate them into it. We could be having discussions without being caught up in the flow of us vs. them in a forever standstill like congress. We need more people to proliferate the spaces of all media that learn from the past and tell their stories from the heart. Maybe it'll break down this wall that social media has built up.

Stop being the youtuber that rallies the thoughts of everyone else and forgets about it in a week or two. Carry your ideals and follow through with it like your life depends on it. Achieve a better world through action and not discord. Accept failure as an option and try again in a different way. If you find fault in others and you do have the knowledge to do it better, then shown them. Make what you want and show them by example. It is a better way to express ideas if they are ignoring your words and they might hit better than on the intended target to those who feel the same way as you.

It's hard to make shows with lead females without having them act femenine without having them just be men with boobs. Making a femenine lead character will get your show nuked for being feminist because the women in charge of determining what girls want don't understand girls.

Fuck off Anita.

OP is baiting or retarded, or both, we still have tons of those shows aimed at girls with girls as main character and they are literally toy commercials: MLP, Monster High, Ever After High, Sofia the first, Tangled is getting its own show, DC Superhero Girls, Elena of Avalor.

So your answer to the problem is to have boys buy the girl toys?
I don't think that really addresses the issue of girls not buying toys aka liking the show and to a larger extent the medium of animation.
You are also banking on boys not being able to discern that the figure they would be buying is still a figure of a girl all the same.
Considering the basic boy cartoon rout they could go down the gain at best would be the same and the chance of lower sales would be even higher.
They can be proactive but they need to look like a girl and not just any girl, they have to be very feminine looking.
Lets look beyond the progressive ideology faggot crap that would go on at some level with a boyish girl as the lead of a westerner made cartoon.

By the by most girls don't like cartoons and there is hardly a god damn you can do to change that.
They like pretty girls who can sing and that is it.
Boy's on the other hand like a specific writing style and that style is something like physical conflict resolution.
More boys liked Power Puff Girls and several other shows like My Life as a Teenage Robot because they star heroines who solved many problems with physical violence between stabs at comedy, another thing primarily liked by boys.
An accumulation of millions of dollars has been spent on trying to make girls give half as much of a shit about cartoons as boys and nothing has really succeeded or else this thread wouldn't be here.

Are we neglecting that women eat up anime like candy? Technically cartoons but my point is that you can make stuff that panders to them, except if you make it all about "MUH GIRLS POWUR" you're end up in the same swamp as some of the other shit that's come before it. Think Sword Art Online or Highschool Ouran club

Well, America can't have "for girls" shows that involve cute guys being cute on each other because of the moral outrage and LGBTMNT swarm that accompanies the first hint of homosex in kids media.

Anime goes on /a/.

We're talking about the decline of cartoon media, and using the success of Anime as sub-discussion

Did you know that the top selling Manga of 2015 sold 14 million?

While the top comic of 2015 sold only 500,000?

But it's current year? Can't girls enjoy cute guys being cute?

You're talking about anime. The OP uses an anime pic. And, big surprise, you're posting Jojo shit.

We wouldn't be posting it if you weren't so autistic about it.

Actually we're discussing why tomboys aren't as prevalent in western comics/cartoons as they used to be.
Comparisons to anime are part of the topic, and reaction images are reaction images and don't mean shit regardless if they're on topic or not.

Here, have a few non/co/ reaction images.

Every time.

Guess this is why Miraculous Ladybug has become so popular right now
Even if the show has barely any story progression aside from the cocktease between Marienette and Adrien, it has enough of that feminine charm that Sailor Moon had, plus that self-insert element that you mentioned

Yes. Everyone is, which makes this shit so frustrating. It's a like an invisible hand is preventing western media from learning the truth.

We are also neglecting the fact that there are a shit ton of show for little girls and that girls do buy merchandise and dolls.

How much of it is unwatchable uninspired garbage though?

Dont bring that faggot shit to western cartoons. For god's sake it like the last place that I do not have to wade through 300 pages of androgynous girls with cocks just to get to some inkling of discussion about something good. We already have yaoi cunts but they are relegated to the fucking shadows. Dont let them acquire ubiquity.

SJWs have a habit of being hostile to Japanese entertainment.

by far one of my least favorite things about normal fags. Discussions about media arts with them inevitably have them cornered with no excuse, Trucking it all off saying "they make a lot of money off of it." And you know who (((they))) are.
I never understood why it's okay to be a cultural pollutant just because you profit from it.

But it's current year

I demand the virtue of chastity in a girl.

How much do you consider Monster High and Ever After High to be good ?

But das racis so how?

Wasn't there a story of how a Japanese game developer learned english to speak with english-speaking fans on a forum only for SJWs to drive him out?

They can't get too much of a foothold with their social justice horse shit there because the japanese response %99 of the time is, "Shut the fuck up, foreigner."

Seriously.

I think nobody understood this thread, so I'll make it simple:
This is a tomboy thread.

POST CUTE TOMBOYS

No, you fuck off. (((Anita))) didn't coin the term.

What? Please share. I need my daily dose of rage.

That's an apt description of the average user, wether you/we admit it or not.

This
Ripperoni in pepperoni, best girls

god damn you and damn your truth

it's not just them

we are suffering as well

Remember when toys for Jurassic World referred to the dinos as male? I imagine it's something like that

Anime belongs on the board called /a/.

Bumping this up to show a post on Vox Day's blog:

voxday.blogspot.com/2016/09/what-men-read.html?m=0

He's talking books but what he said goes for animation too.

Simple : twitlonger.com/show/n_1sp383d

to quote from this twitlonger:

Smug anime girls are deadly when weaponized against them because it effects them on a non verbal psychological and ideological level. It instantly provokes them on multiple levels of their psyche because for them it is like looking into a mirror of what they failed to be. An idealized caricature that of a female that denotes incredible self worth and extreme derogation of their viewer could not possibly be a more effective psychological weapon on their frail hyper vulnerable minds.

Womyn and by extension their beta mangina white knights, have a hatred of anything pure, womanly and girlish because it directly provokes their own insecurities. Most notably their failure to thrive as a female. Feminists denounce things that are pure and womanly by insinuating that being womanly reinforces "toxic Patriarchal" conformities and other regurgitates BS they learned in women's studies from a leg bearded cultural Marxist. They do this because they constantly need the affirmation that their choice to fail as a woman somehow possesses merit.

"The Leftist's tendency to blame things on others in order to cover their own inadequecies is also why they want other people's rights to be removed. Because if a Tumblrina knows in the back of her mind that she should not be within ten meters of a firearm, why would she want that priveliged White male across the street who works every day and provides for his family to own one? That would mean he is more mentally stable than her, and she must at all costs avoid admitting that. So naturally, he is a dangerous time bomb to her and everyone like her, because again, admitting that he can be trusted with a weapon would force her to admit that there is something wrong with her."

Case in visual point the current Pokemon Sun and Moon fan art that's been popping up. Wicke for some reason seems to be popular with Tumblrites and SJW non gamers than Lusamine who looks more feminine and is liked my Asians. Coincidence?

leave

Relevant: archive.is/K4VCK

Yes, because white people demanding that the Japs change things for them is soooo respectful and progressive.

"As a woman keen to see increased representation of female characters on screen, I find moé alienating. Moments of cutesy clumsiness or misunderstandings only believable from a five-year-old are so far away from anything I experienced as a teenage girl with female friends my age that it is impossible for me to relate to those characters. Such moments have the same effect on me as sexual fanservice: I get yanked out of my immersion in the story, roll my eyes and either switch off entirely or wait for the anime to win me back over again. If we can acknowledge the genuinely positive aspects of moé while also criticizing the ways in which it contributes to a long-standing problem of female representation, perhaps we can build a more inclusive anime culture together."

In other words "WAAH CHANGE IT I DON'T LIKE IT!"

The lady on the right actually isn't shaped too bad if you ignore her hair and problem glasses.

You sound like a real faggot.

god that is funny fam.

Oh yeah? You want some of this boypussy?

No can do son, the backdoor is already blocked by the finest booty in all of the Pokemon's son. I get it if your jealous and you want to tap that sweet Wicke ass, but Kayne's already on that 2D excellence faster than the total number of rap albums put out by Master P in 10 minutes in 1999.

And Bugs, ain't the law after you since the Loud Family found out you where leering over their daughters as a tranny at a Target in Albuquerque? Because if that's true then you get the fuck outta here your pervy rabbit!

Sorry OP, wrong on all fronts. The reason toys of girls do not sell in the west is because the stupid marketing tries to make guy toys for girls. They need to make toys of girls for men. Think the toys of scantily clad women selling for hundreds of sheckles to men is a coincidence? Had the marketing been less prudish in the west, the toy companies would be making bank.

On contrary, user. the problem is over-learning. We live in a really comfortable society where we sent kids to college to "follow their passions", and because the only things kids are exposed today are entertainment they go and get an education in liberal arts - fields of study that has been completely devastated thanks to post-modernism (although people swear it's progress in the field even as they become more and more useless to society each passing day) and only care about what's subjective and relative.

So we end up with loads of people with useless degrees with no technical skills in things that are completely subjective who need to differentiate themselves and make their work "meaningful", because they both need to satiate the empty void that comes with knowing that now gives a shit about you and that what you studied is useless for the big world, has no demand and won't pay the bills.

In order to avoid being seen useless, these people resort to the easiest way to give your life meaning: activism. So they get a cause, any cause, what's the cause of the day? Doesn't matter, they're on it. So now we have a bunch of people engaged in social causes and their art/art criticism isn't just meaningless - and this goes everywhere, so every type of "art" doesn't seem an waste of time.

But hey, we live in the age of social media, everybody has a voice, everybody has a platform - what are you gonna do about it? Post about how much you love Frankie Foster? That shit doesn't give status! But hey, if you problematize her relationship with Mac so you take the attention of your useless hobby and show deep and virtuous your narcissistic self is by being a slactivist, because everything is not about who you are, but who you are perceived to be! Now everyone is deep, smart and engaged in meaningful things, yay!

And that's how no one can have fun now, because everything is srsbsns.

8 years too late, Tumblr exists and already created a generation of depraved rotten woman. And this is not counting the shitty romance novels of the 80's and 90's full of disgusting faggotry in written form.

It's because anime is usually loved by the fans and makes loads of money there and world-wide, while the leftist-infested entertainment industry of the west is mostly hated, struggles to make profit and is always fighting cancellation because few people care about the politically correct shit-show. And the Japanese couldn't give a fuck about what filthy gaijin think, for better or worse, and won't change their shit to suit people who aren't their main audience (the Japanese) so people who don't agree with their agenda end up having a place to escape.

I'm pretty sure that's wrong as fug.