Just downloaded Pale Moon. What is a good search engine that REALLY supports my privacy?

Just downloaded Pale Moon. What is a good search engine that REALLY supports my privacy?

Other urls found in this thread:

startpage.com/
startpage.com/eng/privacy-policy.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I've heard good things about this.
startpage.com/

a friend of mine told me that startpage is like duckduckgo, not really good for your privacy

Use one of the Searx instances (there are many). I'm not sure which one is most secure.

Did he have any arguments to support his statement?

unbubble.eu
lite.qwant.com
searx

No, just like nobody has real arguments against DDG.

I wonder who's behind this post

Its creator really has one of the worst histories you could have for a privacy-friendly service. It's still much better than shit like Google of course, so I do use it when it's the best search engine a browser offers or sometimes through their hidden service.

Owner is a Jew. MOSSAD connects. Etc.

Bing
Startpage

kys ddg shill

Some of that image is fine, but come on now.

If they print your IP address onto the page when you connect to the server, that clearly means they're stealing all of your information!

how the fuck do you change the search engine in pale meme anyway? didnt that furfaggot explicitly not allow that in an attempt to force people to use DDG?

That anti-DDG shit is full of disinfo. It is worrying the owner is Jewish and his previous company seems fishy, but other than that it's fucking nothing. Anyone on this board should know they have to receive your IP and user-agent when you request a page. Guessing the location from the IP isn't hard with geolocation databases, some boards here on this very chan do that.

Oy vey, 5 cents have been credited to your shill account.

Seriously, we have no guarantees that ddg handles our shit properly, why should IT have the benefit of the doubt in the first place, and after so many good points ?

(cont)

searx has a perfect track record so far, a nice hackable spirit and that's what I use.

we have no guarantee that Holla Forums handles our shit properly either. in fact, we have proof that the information is stored far beyond the point in which it's relevant.

which is why I come here by masking my useragent and ip.

StartPage is trustworthy, and far more trustworthy than DDG. I don't know where all of these 'StartPage is bad!' shills are coming from, but there hasn't been any reason to not trust StartPage reasonably.

startpage.com/eng/privacy-policy.html

I'm not sure if this is bait or not, but if it isn't:

No, and Moonchild has never attempted to do such a thing either. Click on the icon or arrow next to the icon in your search bar, then click on 'Manage Search Engines...'.

Third image is almost indiscernible

They only issue with Startpage is that, somehow, if you are logged into your youtube (Google) account while you use it, Google is able to remove the top search items from a query when feeding to Startpage. This can sometimes be aggravating when you're looking up something that should be obvious but the obvious result is nowhere in sight.

i would argue that startpage is still bad, because, even though it allows the anonymous use of google, it is still feeding google *some* information about user behavior. and considering google is already a monopoly, it is probably best not to feed it anymore in any way, when possible

Be afraid! Duckduckgo is a sinister trap. Startpage is even worse. Only criminals want privacy and security. Tor has been compromised! Tails doesn't work! If you have nothing to hide you have nothing to fear. Locking your car door is a red flag for subversive activity.

Fear! Uncertainty! Doubt!
Agent FUD