Silent Interlude

Silent Interlude

Daily reminder every one, flashy no name ninjas will never win against grenades.

Fuck yeah Larry Hama.
Your daily reminder to read Nth Man, The Ultimate Ninja on the Volafile.

Damn good user. Pretty much a perfect example of show don't tell.

Here is a video another user shared a while ago. Larry Hama goes through Silent Interlude, page by page and explains the reasoning for each panel and angle. Sound is a bit shit, so you might have to pump the volume to hear him.

Any new word on the new cartoon or the next movie? I saw some stuff about the Twins and a few MASK characters being in the 3rd movie, but that was 2 years ago, so who knows if any of it will still happen. But I'm amazed that I can't find anything on the next cartoon yet.

The new comics cross over Joe with Transformers, Action Man, Micronauts and Rom in a shared universe.
They're talking about new cartoon and movie deals, I don't know if this means a reboot or crossovers for the movies.

Even though G.I.Joe 2 was MUCH better than one, I hope they just reboot. The fucking killed off or ruined so much of the Cobra inner circle, it seemed like terrible script decision after terrible script decision. In the video above, Hama even talks about how they only thing he was able to keep fighting for in part 1 was how much the execs wanted Snake Eyes to talk. They wanted to treat him like he was Silent Bob or some shit.

If they do reboot it how should they go about it. Should they make the Joes gritty operators that /k/ would jerk off to or keep some weirder elements from the comics and cartoons?

Grenades are pretty useful.

Ill always prefer Snakes Eyes 80s design its a nice mix of soldier and ninja compared to the new design that always had a metal visor thingy.

To bad GI Joe unlike Transformers hasnt had a good show in a while Renegades was meh

Gi Joe XTREME fucked it to much

Man you just couldnt compete

It is unfortunate that GI Joe hasn't gotten as much attention as Transformers, but I would rather watch Renegades over the somewhat new TF shows like RID and Prime.

Have some more Snake Eyes grenade shenanigans.

Are Snake Eyes and Scarlet a thing? That penultimate page is some touchy-feely bonding right there. Sorry if it's well known, I don't really know anything about GI Joe except for the original animated movie and some VHS tapes I rented when I was a kid.

Yeah in the comics Scarlet and Snake Eyes are a couple.

Yeah, Scarlet is with Snake Eyes in the comics, but they have her and Duke as a couple in the cartoon. That is why in Resolute she has a past with Snake Eyes, but is now with Duke.

I forget what they did in the movie, since I try to block it out.

This was really good, thanks for sharing user.

Pretty good presentation, and the details in the panels that would then be used in future panels is impressive. And admitting where the coloring went wrong in certain panels.

Just passing by and saw this webm, looks great. Can I get the show name?

Resolute. It wasn't a full series. Just a bunch of shorts combined together.

Yeah, he really outlines a lot of things that I think you only really think about when you're throwing a book together really fast. I once helped an ex with a school project, that ended up being a short comic. It was short, drawn on regular printer paper, uncolored (but inked). And it had to be done in like a week. I pulled every bullshit trick I could to get out of drawing more than was needed, and got it done just in time. It's a rush to churn out a book, a lot different then the process now when I agonize over details for days because I'm doing something on real comic paper and want it perfect. It's interesting to look back on as well, because I honestly forgot a good deal of it.

You know what G.I.Joe thing I never hear anyone talk about? Sigma 6. All I really remember is that all the characters yelled almost every line in the first episode.

didn't Cobra Commander have weird power armor in this show?

CUCK

Yeah. I think everyone had some sorta gimmick. I wonder if it was aired in Japan at all, since studio Gonzo did it. Hell, I wonder if Japan gets any G.I.Joe stuff.

What was the first G.I.Joe related thing that made you think "wait, that's a retarded"? For me it was in Operation Dragonfire, when Cobra Commander starts shooting snake DNA into planes.

I thought the fact Cobra Commander was a snake man all along would be the dumbest thing ever.

Yeah, it always made more sense that he was just a guy. Everything about how he acted made him seem like a very angry American (which he is in the comics) not some weird snake dude from a retarded inner earth society or whatever Cobra La was.

I didn't really watch most of the DiC stuff after Operation Dragonfire at least turned him back to being humanoid instead of a snake (and got rid of Serpentor), but I assume Cobra La was NEVER MENTIONED AGAIN.

Hasbro meddling is always bad.

That's just Hasbro meddling reselling recolors of old toys and new ones.
They did the same fucking thing with Transformers Generation 2 at the same time.

Cobra Commander's original bio was that he was a used car salesman who created a paramilitary cult with a motley band of cultists, mercenaries, war criminals, and hired killers …and a ninja.
Cobra is essentially Scientology but with gear provided by Destro that was paid for by a number of shady civilian businesses run by the twins Tomax & Zamot.

The whole Cobra-la and Serpentor thing was an ass-pull made for the movie, just like Unicron for Transformers; they even originally had Duke die in the first edit of the film just like Optimus Prime did. (polite sage)