Fuck Avatar and get back to making horror thrillers Cameron

Fuck Avatar and get back to making horror thrillers Cameron

Other urls found in this thread:

extratorrent.cc/torrent/3048749/Avatar - Extended Collectors Edition (2009) 720p BrRip x264 - YIFY.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Isn't he doing Alita?

Man, I was already excited for Avatar 4.

Can you imagine what the quality will be for each plot, since the most ironed out one will be the original? What the fuck happened to Cameron that made him do this?

John Carter>Aliens

He was dethroned by Marvel after getting 2 "highest grossings" in a row and now he's trying to pull a Marvel and make a cinematic universe hoping it'll land him on top again.

You fucking better not. Look how bad GITS got adapted.

Jesus Christ, it's doomed isn't it

I just wanted sum moar blue titties

This is true.

Will anyone even remember Avatar by the time the second one is released?

No. He was going to after Avatar but I think he's handed it off to someone else now. Maybe Robert Rodriguez, I dunno

Repeat divorces. I think he's got like four ex-wives.

What was so special about the tech anyway?

I'm more impressed the tech that 'recreates' young actors. e.g. Tron-Jeff Bridges.

It's been 9 year since avatar was released?

Kill yourself, pleb.

Oh boy. How will humanity fuck up again ? Who will be the next great peace-loving hippy aliens ?

some times the universe is alright

Will the sequel have a vegan message? I wont go see it if it doesn't.

Cameron wanted it at levels he thought was acceptable, same with Lucas and the prequels.

It's a horrible idea from both a business perspective and a creative perspective, thinking you don't need the audience to give any feedback aside from money. Lucas was humble enough to not only cut back Jar Jar screen time, but to to make him the one to give Palpatine dictator powers. If Cameron has any issue like that or the Matrix Reloaded, he's fucked for the next 3 films depending on the problem.

Artists don't. Cameron is making the right decision, you're an arogant fool if you think that you, as a consumer, have anything valuable to add to the making of a movie. Movies that take audience feedback seriously end up as Disney films, as Marvel films, bland soulless and unoffensive trash, that while it may make lots of money, will be forgotten a few years after it was released.

Cameron is making the Avatar films as an artistic adventure, not a financial one, he already has enough money to last him a lifetime.

The consumer is the reason movies get made. Artists are commissioned and their work only has meaning determined by people who partake in art. Cameron's movie would be the equivalent of masturbation if it played in empty theaters. The people get to decide what is quality, not the creator. Thinking only the director gets a say brings us shit like justbusters. Movies are dying because of that mentality and only the biggest blockbusters are surviving at this rate. Disney's Marvel and Star Wars are the absolute flagship titles that would be considered average at best 20-30 years ago. You could consider them event movies instead of regular movies, where people see them based on social reasons rather than genuine quality. Aside from those, they've checked out at this point. By forgetting the audience is why movies are made, directors have ruined cinema. The money grubbing is just a cherry on top.

Good goy

I doubt he cares about making more than Marvel so much as just being able to play with the coolest film equipment.

I wouldn't be surprised if he came upon some new tech that is being developed and is wanting to spend time figuring out how to incorporate it rather than just continuing on doing sequels using the older tech.

What kind of /tech? Some new render-er that has been developed in the decade since Avatar was in production?

Fuck you, that crazy Russian was a gem.

The only good goy here is you.

Am i

yes you are

If you can't wrap your mind around a man being good with some technique(s), doing what he feels or pleases to do, with a clear intention from his part, and then presenting it (or be sought after), then the jew has already possessed your mind
It's that simple, and i feel sorry for you and your close relatives

This one may be good, considering how long Cameron been trying to make it. Pic related, the actress they picked for Alita (Rosa Salazar).
inb4 all anime characters are asian

Yes, Rodriguez is going to direct it, but it is very much his decades long pet project and he is the producer.

But it's not a clear intention, Cameron has such an insane ego at this point that he thinks shooting four movies back to back like this will work out in his favor. He's purely wrapped up in his own world with little regard to what people actually want. He's already assumed the movies will all be huge hits without taking into account that the people seeing it will disagree. Cameron HAS to be number one. Lucas got jealous of Titanic, but he accepted that he wasn't top dog anymore and still pursued his dream of the prequels. I accept Lucas for doing his best in spite of all the shit thrown his way and always keeping the people who made him in mind, but not Cameron for thinking he's god's gift to cinema and throwing out all these movies at once.

Nigger, you've never met James Cameron, you have no fucking clue what his mental state is. You're like Pleb Leddit Media trying to psychoanalyze George Lucas. Critics, you included, don't know what makes good movies, you're out of your fucking depth. The Force Awakens is what you get when you listen to the audience, absolute shit.

The thing people like you don't realize is that every asshat who watches a movie thinks he knows what would make it better, it's impossible to please everyone. When a director goes out and makes something "for the audience" "for the fans" you know you're gonna get shit.

Well then fucking tell me what the mental state is of someone making all those films at the same time, because history has proven it's a horrible fucking idea to do that. Show me where Cameron had an idea for Avatar 2-5 like he did for the original. He announced after it was a success he wanted to do a trilogy. Then he wanted to shoot them back to back. Then he added on a fourth film. Then a fifth fucking film. It's like when the hobbit movies were getting made and jackson kept announcing shit like an additional movie, the fanfic elf, and other crap. Cameron has no studio with a gun to his head, he keeps adding on all this shit. We may never know what's going on in his head and I could be wrong, that's fair. But there are a ton of warning signs popping up.

I'm not a critic, I'm just a pleb like you and everyone else here tired of getting fucked by movies. What I'm doing is looking at past experiences with directors that tried this shit and how it went down, and making comparisons. If anything, I've realized how something supposedly as simple as Star Wars storywise seems damn near impossible to make.

That is bullshit and you know it. There wouldn't be a ton of shit in that movie if they thought about what audiences wanted instead of their personal politics and lack of talent.
TFA was what Disney, Kathleen Kennedy, and J.J. Abrams wanted to the detriment of everyone else. Disney is paying the price in toy sales and China potentially banning VIII due to forcing a gay couple. They are in it for reasons other than the audience.

You could always watch the X-Men movies for that.

The first one was a peice of shit anyway. Fucking anti-humanm anti-western civilization drivel.

If the man has the money to do it, and he wants to, and he's not going to severely harm anyone while doing it… what's the problem? he might be a retard, then again most artists (not calling him one but he might want to be) are deranged. Let him choke in his own dream
Lucas went full retard with his movies too, he managed to pull beautiful scenery and compleling arguments, but his direction, production and actual plot elements were retarded and he crash and burned for it, values-wise.
His LucasArts managed in the end prove the man had no clue in plenty of aspects and selling his dream for money says it all

Jackson was forced by the Studio to do a trilogy. No one is forcing Cameron to make a saga. Also, critics = plebs, your misplaced admiration for critics shows you to be a pleb yourself.

Maybe you should just exercise caution when watching movies. I saw 4 films in theaters over the course of 2016, I enjoyed all of them. They were: The Neon Demon, Hacksaw Ridge, Nocturnal Animals, and Silence. I selected three of those movies because I was a fan of the directors' previous films, Nocturnal Animals I watched because the trailer looked interesting and I liked the actors in it. Out of all of them Nocturnal Animals was my least favorite, but I still enjoyed it.

Movies are just like books or paintings, the viewer/reader/audience brings the baggage of their life with them to the piece of art. Once you get past a certain level of technical quality in the creation of the piece of art itself, the viewer's experience is entirely subjective. I am by no means a Cameron fan, I like Aliens and Titanic, but I hated Avatar when I first watched it. Still, I salute him for attempting to create a saga for his own reasons, I don't know what those reasons are, but I guess it has something do with him wanting to leave a legacy, similar to Lucas with Star Wars, and Tolkien with Middle Earth.

Disney wanted to get people to sit in the theater and pay the price of admission then leave feeling like they were ready for another dose of (((Star Wars))) afterwards. They did this by listening to critics and audiences who didn't like the Prequels, and by listening to focus groups who told them that they needed more diversity. Originally Finn was going to be a blonde haired, blue-eyed, Nazi looking guy, they changed that because of focus groups, Jew Jew no doubt stacked the focus groups with niggers to get the intended result.

Maybe the Avatar Saga will be shit, but at least if it is shit, it will be shit on Cameron's terms, and not because of the will of the masses. Art is not like food, when it comes to art, the audience is always wrong. They think they know what they want in a movie, but they really don't. Maybe that's snobbery, maybe that's elitism, maybe I'm wrong, but it's my opinion. And that's the thing, out of the millions, or perhaps billions, of people who saw Avatar, they all have different opinions, different changes they'd like to see. Trying to please everyone will result in a soulless and theme-less roller coaster ride, that's at best. You'd probably like a more complex story, others probably want a bunch of niggers in it, others still most likely would like the humans to be portrayed as more sympathetic in the story. Personally I thought the "evil colonizers" bit was overdone and I didn't sympathize with the Navi, then I watched the director's cut. In the director's cut they start out on Earth, and you see that Earth has become an overpopulated shithole that resembles Hong Kong, essentially in the Avatar universe humans have wrecked Earth, Earth is ugly and human beings are overpopulated, multicultural, grey, insect like people. China essentially. That added a context that the movie was missing before, that made me understand why Sully went native, that made almost like it. The only reason that wasn't in the film is because test audiences thought the movie was too long. Mull that over in your mind a little bit, and here's a link to that version. It may change your mind about audience feedback.

extratorrent.cc/torrent/3048749/Avatar - Extended Collectors Edition (2009) 720p BrRip x264 - YIFY.html

almost made me like it'

stopped reading there.

Of course he can do whatever he wants. I still have the right to shit talk what I see as a disaster in the making. It's not him fucking over a beloved franchise, but it's really shaping up to be his personal titanic.
He fucked up, but it didn't kill star wars or cause it go go hibernation mode like batman & robin. At least with the next two films, he tried to listen to what people were asking for, but he couldn't deliver because he was trying to do too much by himself. Lucasarts was fucked regardless of darth icky suggestions due to the HD generation destroying most studios and letting Free Radical fuck them with Battlefront 3 being a mess.
Money that he gave to charity immediately afterwards.

critics=shills, audience=plebs. I already admitted I was a pleb, but I don't admire critics. I can't even enjoy reviews for fun due to all the current year crap. The comparison was another past example to show how Avatar's sequels can end up fucked like the hobbit films. I said in my post it was for different reasons with Cameron, but the same red flags are there.

I exercise caution with movies, but I end up taking others to movies for birthdays, so I get second hand fucked I guess. The only movie I saw last year I wanted to was Hacksaw Ridge and I enjoyed it. Even though I don't see some movies, I do feel robbed because I would want to see them under different circumstances. I haven't seen a Spider-Man since 3 and I want to, but Sony can't get their shit together. So my reaction is to say as a former audience member why I don't see their movies anymore. I just hate the idea of leaving the audience out, because they give up hard earned money so Cameron can make films. Art isn't in a vaccuum. Museums are meaningless without people in them. Don't patronize and shit on them like you're Paul Fag. I don't begrudge Cameron for wanting to leave a legacy, I somehow enjoy Avatar despite hanging out on Holla Forums all the time. Maybe it's the fact that (in the movie's internal logic) I can somewhat sympathize with why Jake does what he does. Cameron also made sure Quadritch was a badass villain that was cool in his own right. So I do give a shit about Cameron not fucking up the sequels because I want them to be good, rather than the hobbit and matrix pre/sequels.

Disney is also heavily pushing propaganda alongside their desire for more money, so it's mixed signals at best. Abrams may pay lip service to shit like Empire, but he only knows how to ctrl+c other people's material with subversion caked on top. I liked how one user referred to him as D.J. Abrams, hence the nonstop remixes. I think he actually ignored everyone auditioning for Finn and went out of his way to pick Donkey Kong Jr. I don't think it's elitism to think the audience is wrong. Customers don't know what they want, so you have to learn how to translate what they bitch about into something concrete. It's like with the Paper Mario series. Super Paper Mario had way too much dialogue compared to the previous two and people complained. Nintendo took that criticism the wrong way and removed the fucking story from and rpg in Sticker Star. It's issues like that where I'm advocating for audience feedback. I get not wanting to please everyone, but I don't want to go the other extreme with an emperor has no clothes situation. I'd prefer audience pandering shit any day over what Amy Pascal wants to push on me, but ideally there should be a middle ground where the director keeps the audience in mind while doing his thing.I just don't want to see Cameron fuck up Avatar because of the way he's shooting it, because those four movies are all going to be roughly the same quality. If one is a mess, then it becomes a domino effect. I already like Avatar, but that was Elysuim levels of shitty Earth and should've been in. To counter, I want to bring up how Jackson removed Arwen from Helm's Deep based on people shitting on the leaks and changing the RotK Aragorn fight against Sauron due to the possible audience reaction.

Now I sympathize with you, that's gotta be awful with the current state of cinema.

That's the thing, though. Amy Pascal isn't a director or a screenwriter, she's a studio head idiot who forces films to pander to female audiences. I have a feeling the back-to-back Avatar films will actually make them feel more solid since we will be getting Cameron's full undiluted vision. One of the reasons you said you liked Avatar was because of the badass antagonist, Cameron made that character like that because that's what he wanted to see in a villain. If he listened to audiences, some would probably have told him that the bad guy was too likeable, because there are idiots out there who want Kylo Ren and Loki as the villains because they hate depth, they hate shades of grey.

You may be right that Cameron is biting off more than he can chew, but for some reason I feel inclined to trust him on this. But I could absolutely be wrong, I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

A game a week short of being completed, if anything by a year over deadline, is not fucking someone up. most especially when it was a literal 10million copies insurance title
Especially when LucasArts was just a side-show at that point

That doesn't make the ordeal any better, if anything i now feel sorry for him as he was left with nothing but people riding in his work
I would've done another franchise or any dream work with that money like Cameron

I agree with this, it just that it seemed to me you were angry at him for enjoying wasting his money to do his own, personal projects

I think Cameron has the writers of the Planet of the Apes movies, Amanda Silver and her husband, as part of the writing team. I am skeptical of the sequels.

No he wasn't. Avatar and Titanic have still made more money than any of Disney's shit

Yeah, it sucks major dick to pay money for movies you know are shit. Thank god Beauty and the Beast is this month.

Yeah, but then both of them select like minded directors to do their bidding, so it trickles down. Maybe Cameron can pull it off, I've been sitting here bringing up LotR and I forgot how the majority of those were shot back-to-back. I'm just used to modern everything dropping the ball at this point. I won't get hyped or pissed anymore, I'll just reserve judgement until Avatar 2 is out.

I remember right after that article came out about Free Radical versus the monsters, an anonymous Lucasarts employee said they pulled a Gearbox with the funding to get Haze out the door, so that casts doubt over my mind. Remember, the corporate cocksucking press gave them the limelight on every site rather than bury the story, so I'm inclined to believe the opposite, as almost every underdog developer the press looks on favorably seems to be crooks in the end. Tim Schafer is a good example, he took Lucasarts for a ride, got the press to suck his dick when Brutal Legend got dropped by activision, then became the 3.3 million dollar man. Lucasarts did stupid shit, sure, but I'm not ready to take Free Radical's word when they got such favorable coverage.

It doesn't make the ordeal better, my point was that he wasn't in it for the money, he wanted his legacy to live on. Too bad he chose the wrong friends.

Cameron is free to spend his money on whatever, I just want good Avatar sequels and don't want him to fuck it all up by trying to do some elaborate boyhood-style shooting schedule.