DON'T. TALK. SHIT

DON'T. TALK. SHIT.

Why is he so based?

CAH'L YOURE AN IDIOT

So why did they always shit on Karl so hard anyway?
I get some of it was for comedic effect, but a lot of the time it just came off as condescending and malicious for no real reason.

Karl has a legitimate perspective, but the way he communicates ideas is so different from the other two that Ricky gets impatient and yells at him. At least Steven tries to let him finish.

How come he never makes fun of islam, just christianity?

pretty much this
example:
carl is trying to explain that when a person dies, his life energy causes another person to be born
but the way he's saying this is that there's a baby that comes out of an elderly person's head once they die
and of course ricky fucking shits on him, even though the idea is perfectly reasonable

But why?
It's not like Karl is obnoxious about his perspective like you'd expect some hardcore SJW to be.
How can some regular guy just saying how he sees shit in a calm manner be so irritating that you have to interrupt and berate him for it?

People unironically watched this?

karl is enjoyable to listen to

This.
Is it true Gervais stopped talking to him when he got his own show?

He clearly does that though, you ignoramus. If you weren't so "special" you would have noticed that yourself, wouldn't you? He mocks the concept of a "god", by doing that he mocks Christians, Muslims '"and''' Jews.

Watch this video if you actually want to educate yourself and expand your mind, follow the true path. Don't be a fucking sheep (like your "god" would want) free yourself from your mental cage.

>>>Holla Forums

That was the whole show, karl acts all autistic and autism, they just take every single thing he says in derision.
It worked apparently.

You really are the dumbest autist to have ever graced this already retarded and autistic board.

I guess it did,but wouldn't they have had more success if Gervais hadn't acted like a reactionary cunt constantly?
Unintentionally or not, Karl is a funny guy if he's allowed to speak his mind. Some of the shit he says is actually thoughtful to an extent.

cartoons go on Holla Forums

BASED
A
S
E
D

The pope wears funny headgear.

Pathetic. I prove you wrong and you simply move the goalposts, he mocks ALL religions. I thought the Muslims were supposed to be the religious bigots…Guess I was wrong.

It was before. Pilkington decided to part ways with Gervais after the recording of Derek

How hard does this video of Mr Gervais and Mr.Dawkins discussing atheism in an abandoned church trigger you?

They didn't. The XFM show talks were perfectly friendly and reasonable, it wasn't until the animation and the podcast that they cranked it up to the point of intentionally misinterpreting Karl in the most petty ways possible.

That's why the 100 or so hours of XFM show will always be infinitely superior to the podcast and animations. Even though parts of the animation are directly from the XFM show and others are simply re-enacted due to the shit quality of the original broadcast.

I guess not, then we'd just have another generic "guy says funny stuff, supporting cast say other funny stuff" like big bang theory.
Sheldon is autistic there but nobody makes fun of him, I guess karl would have been sheldon 2.0 if gervais didnt bully him.

No, what the fuck, that's not what I'm getting at at all.
Gervais would often interrupt Karl and start flipping shit before he even had a chance to get anywhere.
It would be funnier to let him speak and then poke fun at him instead of constantly interrupting with autistic screeching.

Karl plays it up a bit because he knows what part he plays.
Ricky doesn't really get comedy. He's funny as that one character but his stand-up is lackluster. He thinks screaming over people he disagrees with is comedy gold.
Ricky ended up getting mad that Karl was the star of the show. It's like that old Archie Bunker thing. The guy you're supposed to hate ends up becoming the most beloved.
Stephen Merchant is funnier than Ricky Gervais. He's still a bit pozzed but he's not on the cover of a magazine in a fucking crucifixion pose with ATHEIST painted on his mantits so he's ok.
Anyway, Liam Neeson's the best of them all.

Muslims are an oppressed minority, while Christians are the majority in control of 99.999999% of the planet.

except he has made fun of Islam you fucking orange

It's banter.

I think Rinky states it in some podcast. Karl is unable to state his thoughts verbally and what comes out is complete nonsense.

Fair move. Derek was shit.

Ricky and glasses guy has a radio show. Karl was just a producer that the two of them talked to now and then. His point of view was so different it always threw the other two off.

The Ricky Gervais show was made from clips of yhstcradio show as well as a couple specials they did afterward where they solely talked to Karl and are obviously friendlier.

Stephen Merchant was the main cunt really. He was always trying to be a pompous shit to Karl yet Karl could let it roll off his back and make comments back which seemed to make Merchant's blood boil. Ricky had genuine misunderstandings and would just be bulkshitting usually.

Ricky and Karl even seemed to be friends off the show unlike Karl and Merchant. So there was clearly some disconnect.

Because Gervais is an abrasive, self-important twat.

Livin' life on the edge…. well played, fellow gentleman!
:::tips fedora:::

I think I dislike Merchant even more than Gervais. Gervais at least owns up to his persona of being the school bully. Merchant is the kind of guy who'd pretend to be your friend until he got of the good side of the bully, and then he'd join in kicking you.

Is that true?

That's how they discovered him during XFM. At first he was just sitting in the corner, working the dials. Then they decided to start up a segment where they'd ask his opinions on things, and slowly, he took over the show.

That's great.

When?

The whole thing about doing the specials was purely Ricky wanting to help Karl with a career because they became friends.

It's what made the travel show off that you suddenly mad Merchant pretending to be friends when they sure as fuck weren't. A couple times on the radio show it seemed like Merchant was ready to sperg out on Karl like when Karl commented on Merchant's goofy eyes (Merchant has made fun of Karl's head or whatever so probably seemed fair game).

The radio show is on some torrent sites without the music it had and is pretty comfy listening. It's also kinda cool hearing Ricky and Steve go from "the fuck is that guy doing" to full on including him on the show (which I imagine has to have pissed off Steve).

Well in the XFM, Karl was a co-producer along with Gervais

Karl seemed to be the guy actually doing producer work like setting up songs and doing the work of the actual show. Ricky and Steve just showed up and chatted. Ricky even commented on this to the audience at times to make clear that Karl really is a capable guy and hard working. The odd outbursts they had when chatting were mostly the oddball times when Steve and Ricky would be talking bout one thing and maybe make a comment to Karl that would throw them for a loop since it was from such a different perspective.

I think this is why Ricky is as popular as he is. He just genuinely seems to get along with people even if he can seem a bit of an ass at times. Which also makes it more obvious seeing how their careers have gone why it is that Steve's career hasn't been 'as' fantastic since he doesn't seem anywhere near as charismatic as he thinks he can be.

Still Gervais overblow it. Somehow he spread the meme Karl = Stupid and Pilkington had a limit. That's why the new show of him without Gervais' shadow is a very enjoyable show.

Ass is not enough. He comes across as a self important and abrasive asshole, especially when he tries to be funny and "edgy." His stage persona is insufferable. However, when he talks about things seriously, Gervais comes across as a reasonable and even nice.

I heard that there was a behind the scenes clip made for The Moaning of Life where Karl said that he and Ricky weren't talking anymore since Karl made his own show without Ricky's involvement. I haven't actually seen it and I blindly believed it since I thought it sounded like something Ricky would do, chances are I'm wrong. Karl and Merchant definitely hated each other though, I distinctly remember Karl calling Steve an invalid one time and seriously triggering him.

Steve constantly got legitimately triggered on the radio show, I think he considers himself "above" Carl and doesn't like it when he mocks him back.

Merchant had some serious bizarre grudge going with Karl. With Ricky you could tell he was just taking the piss or playing it up for the sake of the show but with Stephen there seemed to be genuine malice and spite when he addressed Karl.

Maybe it's just because Stephen is a lanky as fuck beta and his tone of voice just comes across as whiny, but he doesn't really come across that way when he's talking with people other than Karl so I'm leaning towards Stephen just plain having something agains Karl on a personal level.

Karl and Ricky stopped talking to each other after the making of Derek. Karl was uncomfortable with acting and since then he declined to be involved with any project made by Gervais.

You can listen to the early XFM programs and you see that Merchant was trying to insult Karl just like Ricky does, but Karl was able to respond to him and make him upset (always calling him Steve). Somehow Steve thought that was going too far.