Is there any anime that isn't harem or moe trash? Things like One Punch Man, Attack on Titan, most OVAs...

Is there any anime that isn't harem or moe trash? Things like One Punch Man, Attack on Titan, most OVAs, and Drifters were/are popular for a reason: because people watch anime for the fighting and action, not retarded waifu/high school bullshit no one can relate to. Slice of Life is cancer and so is psedo-hentai stuff like HSotD.

It's like japs can't make a good series that doesn't focus on tits and ass and little girls. Are they autistic or something? I try to get into anime, I really do, but the good ones are so rare that it's folly.

Is OPM, AoT, and Drifters the only things you've seen? Is this a thinly-veiled anime recommendation thread?

I will note that Trigger mad Kill La Kill and Little Witch Academia. The former has TNA while the latter has a veneer of almost being moe-shit. However both these shows stand on their own regardless of these. I feel exactly the same as you do about shit like HSotD, but KLK is still far and away my favorite anime.

Vampire Hunter D

Golgo 13

Genocyber

Anime in general is trash. Japs simply do not have the same culture to draw from, the same depth to feel and the same passion to explore as westerners do. Japs who are actually good at story making are few and far between. The major problem is not knowing when to stop. Stories go on and on, ultimately making a shitty, drawn out product. I've stopped watching anime, I've gone into manga, and now that my resources are almost exhausted I've moved onto light novels. I'm already moving onto western stories, I've find more enjoyment in their characterization and worlds than I do with my eastern equivalents.

You're comparing a country with what like 150 million people in it to "the western world"? Even if you're loose and consider Western Europe, the US and Australia the western world that's like several hundred million people (depending on what constitutes western europe).
And aside from that large swathes of japanese stuff has never been translated even if it does have some cultural prominence (like the Saga of Guin).
And then there's Natsume Soeseki who's on par with any literary figure from any country at any time.
Not saying that Japanese people are the most creative people in the world, but if you're fair in making your comparisons their cultural contributions are solid, even anime/manga aside.

I watched the original OVA in 2006 but Holla Forums's memefaggotry turned me off to the entire series

I consider all Europeans and European-derivative people to be the western world. It may not be fair to compare Japan to this, but it is they way my mind discriminates.

Don't know much about the original OVA other than it had a few departures from the source.
Just give it a shot OP. Anything with a degree of popularity is going to have memefaggotry. You should just filter it out and judge the show based on it's own merits.
Like, I don't NEED you to like what I like, but I'd rather you hate it for reasons of your own and not just because "it made people on the internet act like idiots."
Gif related is shit quality, but a good scene from One Piece.

same

Fairy Tail

go back to the gay "love" thread you faggot its where you belong.

Based.

Ha!

Kill yourself.

Watch ==Baki The Grappler== if you're looking for those fight scenes. A bit dated but awesome as fuck.

smoke weed and watch the original dragonball

let it take you away to a world of happy

Agreed

And then after that, realize how much potential was washed away with Dragonball Z. That transition I think gave way to mediocrity for all visual entertainment in general.

How to create a successful form of media and ruin it with catering to a mass audience:

Dragonball made anime, Dragonball Z ruined anime.

Z is still awesome, and the change isn't as abrupt as you think. I've been marathoning the whole series recently, and you have to remember that in Japan, it was one series. The manga is just called Dragon Ball, and the last episode of Dragon Ball even ends by saying something like "the next episode is five years later!" Z is the same story. As for having different characters with their own purpose, Z does this very well at first. Arguably better than it did before. Hell, Goku is dead or stuck in a hospital bed or spaceship for like 60 of the first 75 episodes, which gives the other characters time to shine. That's why everyone was pissed when Gohan got shafted in the Buu Saga, because up until then the show did a good job at making characters like he and Krillin and Piccolo still feel very important. And yes, I say the show, because the filler is actually good, especially the filler with Gohan training with Piccolo, which is very glossed over in the manga.

I agree that the series got worse over time, and I'd say the Red Ribbon Army arc is probably my favorite, but it's still good all the way through, and it's not like it drops steeply after Piccolo. If anything, I'd say it drops steeply after Trunks shows up.

Dragon Ball is the best, OP. Just watch that. Even the movies and GT and Super get a bad rep, but are still pretty good. Watching the entire series will give you hundreds of hours of fun material to go through.

Pretty much this. Pic unrelated. Been wanting to post this dj for a while. It's one of my favs.

Z was shit after the Cell games, it was good up to that point sure, but anything after is only good due to nostalgia feels. I watched Super and it's just overall shitty quality, terrible animation, terrible style, terrible everything and STILL relying on nostalgia to make it watchable.

There is part two and three if any user is interested.

(checked)

Your page numbers don't add up fam. And yes please post more.

If you don't mind mecha, try Knights of Cydonia and Aldnoah.Zero. They should be right up your alley.

Super fucked up majorly by adapting those two movies for the first 30 episodes, especially since only one of those movies was actually good in the first place, and the other was just another generic anime "movie" like usual. Super shines in the "filler" episodes. The Mr. Satan episode after the Battle of Gods arc, or the baseball episode, are perhaps even better than the legendary episode where Goku and Piccolo learn to drive.

My bad. I have a lot of djs on my computer. It's hard to sort through it all. Here is the missing pages. Posting part two shortly.

If you want a cool anime with a lot of action, check out Hellsing Ultimate

Doing god's work user.

This guy is correct. I assume you liked Drifters OP? Well the guy who made it got famous off of Hellsing first. Be sure to go with Hellsing Ultimate though. There was another, lesser, adaptation of the source material that you should probably avoid.

End Part 2