Turkey: Erdogan out, Peace Council in

Turkey is being run by a 'Peace Council'.

The Turkish military has plotted a well-planned midnight coup. Few shots fired, few explosions, little violence. The military has apparently turned over policy-making to a 'Peace Council'. If true, that's a very good thing.

The military has been enforcing a curfew, but it's night time there, when everyone is at home anyway. Smart.
The military has been in abit of a standoff with some of the police in places, but few shots fired.
Overall, the coup is going well. People are taking it easy, seeing how it will shake out.

Any real changes in a society's policy-making occur during peacetime. The only question a coup answers is who is making policy. This coup seems to be replacing Erdogan with a Peace Council. We will see what that means.

Other urls found in this thread:

incirlik.af.mil/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Of course, the media is still trying to figure out how to spin this. That may be the best part of this entire exchange.

As usual, we can't trust anything that the media is saying to be objective.

Source?

Stay within the numbered threads you niggers. It is much better for archiving.

The sense I get from the media is that they don't want the military coup to succeed. Perhaps (((they))) liked Erdogan, after all he was instrumental in exporting brown-skinned migrants to White Nations.

I'd rather Turkey dissolve as a state entirely, but this is a great start. ISIS is utterly fucked in Northern Syria.

right. makes sense. thanks.

any news on americans at Incirlik?

RT says the USA will defend Incirlik, I'd love so very much to see them flee the place though or get in the middle of a crazy ISIS-NATO-Turkey Secularist battle and get crushed but I assume there won't be too much happening there just yet.

I guess the USA is weighing their options, maybe even accepted the state of affairs with Russia earlier.

Hopefully the "peace council" is better about sending foreign economic tourists / future terrorists back to where they came from.

The Incirlik website isn't mentioning the coup yet.

incirlik.af.mil/

Lads, ISIS and the other Islamists are going to be mighty pissed that their friend Erdoroach has been BTFO. Expect some epic allahu akhbars soon.

A civil war is even possible. This could be a major level happening.

LADS

>>6727960
>>6727960
>>6727960

Also reminder that Turkroachistan is a NATO country. When was the last time there was a military coup in a NATO country?

Has anybody said if the military is more pro-Russian or pro-Nato, if it was in the thread I must of missed it.

Pro-Erdogan forces are starting to make a counter show of force. Small arms fire, nothing major. I s'pose it takes a little while for people to organize a push-back.

Still, it looks so far like the coup is successful/solidifying. I expect we won't truly know what's going on until tomorrow at the earliest - unless Erdogan regains control, which appears unlikely.

As it stands, Erdoroach's best ally right now is the inevitable Western media spin.

Russia has been dropping some serious hints that it was not happy with Erdogan, bordering on outright threats. Over just the last few days, their tone towards him changed. Additionally, Erdogan has opened up diplomatic relations with Syria over the couple of days, and lessoned his attacks on the military powers in his country.

To my eye, this smacks of Erdogan realizing he had gone too far, and was BTFO'ing. But it was too little, too late.

Personally, I'm glad to see him go.

Exactly that's what I thought. At first I thought this was a good thing but I know Erdogan recently apologized to Russia so its possible this might be negative.
Anyway I'm glad to see Erdogan
GET REKT

Going through the online networks:

CBS is layin it on pretty thick. NBC is pro-Erdogan, too.
RT - the channel is dead (again - it happens whenever something important is going on)
WSJ - not reporting on the Turkish Happening just yet. Neither is Faux News.
SkyNews is interviewing only pro-Erdogan people, but at least it's not as biased as CBS and NBC.

If the networks, including RT, are to be believed…

Erdogan appears to be regaining control.

The coup has devolved into violence, and then failed to turn back the country's government from Sharia law. Oh well.

Maybe Erdogan will get the hint that he is just a super-unpopular scumbag who needs to step down, making way for a less-corrupt Turkish leader. I doubt it, though.

A civil war could mean 80 million "refugees" from Turkey

it was over for him once he downed that plane

did he really think he could pull that off with no backlash?

hes got so many 5th columns in his country that russia could arm up any number of them as payback