HOW TO REMOVE IDS

Beginning at midnight tonight (Eastern US Time), we stop posting on Holla Forums for 24 hours.
Just one day, to let the BO understand what this place would look like if we all left.

If IDs do not get immediately removed after that one day, then we all abandon the board to the gay community and start a new random board with no IDs.

i like spamming better cause i can trigger some faggots and inbreds

REMOVE ID

Nobody is saying you can't continue to do that if the one day abandonment doesn't work. I'm just saying let's give it a shot.

tl;dr filtered lmao!!!

Heh, I leave for 2 days…

ID's are a good idea. This site is a fucking mess, and if you don't think ID's are a good idea, chances are, you're probably part of the problem and should fuck off.

Seeing as all you are doing is spamming the board, I would imagine this place would look better.

It is Holla Forums, it is supposed to be a fucking mess, that is part of what being RANDOM entails, you dumbshit.

yeah it would look so much better when the only activity is in the "love" and pony threads, rest of the board being dead since its already slow as fuck and if op get his way then more people leaving makes it even slower. Real good logic you got there.

explain the problem.

I partially agree with you, but I'd really like the opportunity to black people who just want to inundate the board with spam.

See: above

As long as there are IDs, why don't you check to see if that is true before you go spouting shit you know nothing about. Go on, go check to see if all these threads are samefags or not.
Because this is the only one I have made, so fuck off with your baseless bullshit accusations.

You just want the board to yourself so you can post your waifu faggotry without feeling guilty for being such a fucked up cunt.

So instead of janitors cleaning up spam you want the ability to do it yourself ? Not a big issue just get capable janitors because getting ids isnt worth it just to deal with spam.

It would be nice if we had more diligent janitors, but they haven't been doing a very good job, and it would be nice to have some backup (in the form of ID's).

We tried this about a year ago, and it failed pretty quickly because the spammers and Freeze Peach morons pitched a hissy fit. So, I don't imagine it'll work out this time either.

wat?

i don't care

IDs are great, samefags get btfo.

ids are shit, redditors get out.

that's a good question.
the spam we suffer most from is board sliding and ids wont hinder the board wiper or the necrobumper.
ids won't eliminate samefagging. calling out a samefag is part of ancient culture in these parts and not a problem.
and as for improving conversation by allowing anons to mass-filter posts by id, knowing this board for how it works suggests that -ur filtered cuck- will replace >>>/reddit/ as an insult and nothing more. the dissenters will be excluded from the conversation by the mob. a minority voice would see his free speech and the right to be heard impaired. how is that an improvement?

REMOVE

reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
remove id

I've seen the amount of spam in threads increasing as well.

And if you think dissenters will be excluded from conversation, then you have no idea about the average anons love of arguing.

it failed because the BO was a fucking pussy and buckled like a cuck

How the fuck will IDs help them moderate shit? They can already see whose posting what from their mod accounts, no need for the rest of us to see it.

Who.Fucking. Cares.

Go take a look at the catalog, that's your answer.

I guess that's more accurate

I'd like to know how he plans on addressing the board flooding, tho.

I mean, it would be nice to filter that shit on my own whenever the mod is slacking.

I don't know why this is such a big deal for people who don't simply want to shit up threads.

because Holla Forums is supposed to be anonymous

Filtered

People posting stuff that will get the mods involved use VPNs, so not only will you not block all of the spam as the swap IPs, you will clean up legitimate VPN users in the process. You want the most fringe benefit, which also has its downsides, and you want everyone else to pay the price in the form of anonymity.

These newfag redditors cant understand that.

It still is anonymous, dumbfuck. The ID's change from thread to thread, and if you're afraid of people knowing that a cluster of posts in a thread are "yours" (WE DONT KNOW WHO YOU ARE), then you have some serious insecurity issues, and this would probably be a good exercise for you.

BO's are not known for their high intellectual capacity.
You may have to explain that in more simple terms if you want them to understand.

You are missing the point, Comrade.

Great argument, comrade. I'm not "missing the point", I just don't agree with the premise.

Its not in thread anonymity,dumbfuck. Cant understand that can you?

"you have some serious insecurity issues" wow really? i thought everyone who used chans were sparkling jewels of society and social butterflies. Its hilarious arguing with idiots that support id's because the more you type the easier it is to see how little you know of chan culture and how sorely you stick out.

Yeah, and I don't have a problem with it.

It's not a big deal on 4chan, because they have millions of users, a high PPH, and regulatory measures which reduce spam. 8/b/ is the opposite, and if it were to become more populated (4chan might be on it's last legs), then ID's could be dropped.

Right now, the problem is that it's too easy for one single mega-autist to pollute the entire board with spam.

That can still happen. IDs are per thread, not board.

meant for

When I say "board", I mean the threads as well.

The board flooding needs to be reduced somehow too. If we had more users and b& tor, that would take care of a lot of it. So, given that new users aren't exactly flooding in, I wouldn't be opposed to banning tor. Tor users are usually the most disruptive, insufferable faggots anyway.

and i do so i guess this is just an impasse unless you state why you dont have a problem with it.

Thats a janitors job to fix.

This board is slow as fuck already and that is a problem that needs to be tended too not a spammer. Id's dont fix shit a janitor couldn't do himself.

I figured this would happen. All the trip and name fags that browse this place anonymity just keeps losing its meaning when people want to be recognized and crave attention.

4chan banned tor, maybe you should go there.

Perhaps if you check my ID, you'll find I've already stated why.

I've already addressed this

You mean all 5 of them? And personally, I don't even look at the ID's unless I'm confused as to which poster I'm speaking to – sometimes it's helpful.

I do, but 4chan could be going down very soon.

crossposters are the scum of the internet and should be removed immediately

If you are gonna tell me to go through your previous posts then you should realize ive refuted your points already.

here you say to me
thus admitting you think that getting better janitors is a fix to this problem. So instead of arguing for id's and taking its negatives for one small advantage maybe argue for better janitors

you could look through the pony thread itself and find like 10 let alone in others(found 10 just in the most recent one by going a tenth down the page). There is no point in further arguing with someone who is willing to bend the reality of a situation so far to try and make a point. People who are advocating the addition of id's are so scummy its not even funny.
1.Smokey !Meadowx.JQ
2.Jim :(
3.!SCRiP7kTTY
4.Blewberry !Blew.zkBPk
5.Aku
6.Ruby!Sempai.oWA
7.M1racle !PrincessOg
8.⛧ Rose ⛧
9.Reece!OzlN4bD012
10.Solaire!O/Solar/xU

Yes, but I'm trying to be realistic. And you haven't refuted anything; you've stated the obvious fact that diligent janitors would be optimal, but that's just wishful thinking.

Also, in order for the janitors to be more efficient, we'd need to ban tor; in fact, that might be the biggest problem.

They always stay in their containment thread, so I see nothing wrong with it.

Except everyone but you is very pleased with our shiny new IDs. Fun, but within prescribed limits.

This guy gets it.

they're free too so I don't know why everybody is complaining

Not a question

obviously

it will significantly reduce it

lol the worst part is I know you're not trolling and you're a real person who actually feels this way this strongly about something this inconsequential

This is ungrounded autistic paranoia about something that will likely never happen but if it did then we should just get rid of ID filtering. There's no reason to get rid of IDs altogether. The only thing IDs are affecting is ridiculous spastics who need to create the illusion that other people agree with their weak arguments and insults. The fact that you're having an apoplectic meltdown about this is proof positive that you are that ridiculous spastic

Yeah but you've been using that same flag for a while now so obviously you hate the culture of anonymous imageboards and should leave.

feel free to stop posting and go outside anytime

You can do both, it's not like anybody wants to read spam.

Holla Forums made flesh

you illustrate the uselessness of ids yourself, tripfag. they exist already for those who wish to use them. any attempt to rule by decree on Holla Forums without regard to the desires of the userbase must be resisted. use the id function you defend and count the ids for and against: your view is wildly unpopular.
as another illustration of where ids will lead, i think i'll filter you for liking things i don't like. that will greatly improve the discussion and ensure that i get the last word in what i will make into my own personalised thread. don't bother replying because however good your reply is, i won't see it. ever.
happy with ids, now?

Then you're just choosing to focus on people with the same opinion

I think we both know that most anons enjoy spending hours on end arguing about anything amd everything. They could easily ignore the person they're bickering with or leave the thread, but they continue arguing because they want to feel as if they are intellectually superior. Simply blocking the person wouldn't provide the validation that many anons seek, and they would also leave themselves exposed to other anons as having weak arguments. This would simply not fly.

Making IDs optional would make them useless for decreasing samefags

Personally I think ID filtering isn't a great idea

lol aren't you the little revolutionary. You can't resist. Making hundreds of posts throwing a tantrum about changes will change absolutely nothing. Mods can do whatever the fuck they want and they're mostly doing a good job

Yes

I've gotta disagree here. People do this all the time when they're losing an argument. They get in one last blow and then they block the other party. It'd be exactly the same on here

You need to leave now newfag

But we live in relation to other people, and the only person that those tactics hurt is the person who's covering their ears and going "lalalalala". This gives the user who's being blocked the advantage by essentially giving THEM the last word.

This bullshit may work in an exchange between only 2 parties, but in this case, it doesn't matter if the user who's blocking doesn't see the rebuttal. Other anons can can clearly see that one party capitulated in a weak attempt to get the last word. I think most anons recognize this, and as a result, are reluctant to block.

It's apmost always just a war of attrition anyway.

This goes against everything firetires stood for.This is blasphemy

There's an option to disable IDs, why don't you use that?

Everybody looking would see the blocker as a chump most of the time. That doesn't change the fact that the blocker would feel that he won the argument and that he's intellectually superior. Nothing about this being a public setting would stop people that have a tendency to block from blocking, especially considering that IDs change from thread to thread and your reputation wouldn't be harmed at all. If I pulled that shit I would be in trouble because I use the pikachu flag

Every time I've seen the blocking scenario it's been in a public setting with multiple people

good points user. the fault-line is that the level of debate here rarely ascends above getting the last word and nothing on Holla Forums supports your faith in an intellectually honest userbase under the cosh of shills, samefags and spam. if you want balanced discussion in a safespace with ids and experts on hand to refute your every word, hey, that's reddit's business plan.
REMOVE THAT COCK FROM YOUR MOUTH
only brutal internecine sodomy threads will make Holla Forums graet again. chop, chop, mods. we're counting on you.

because if i disable ids i can't see them but everybody else can…durr
why don't you put your brain in gear before accelerating your mouth?

So your problem isn't that you can see the IDs of everyone that posts on a thread, the problem is that people can see who is shitposting and who is contributing to discussion? Disable IDs, your motives are purely selfish. IDs do nothing to inhibit anonymity. In fact, most of the "problems" it causes can be solved just by using a proxy.

You don't agree with the poremise, so instead of offering some logical objection to it you call people names?

Yes, you most certainly ARE missing the point, and your response is proof of that.

Then go somewhere else. Why come here and start shit? We liked how it was before you fuckers started coming here. We had no need to even consider shit like IDs before you came in and started acting like this should be like the site you just got done shitting up to death. Fuck you, you are a nigger who does nothing but destroy every place you go and then bitch that nobody cleans it up. GBT4 and live in your own shit, but DON'T come in here spouting off about how you think it should be because you are a fucking halfbreed.

That may be true, but it doesn't matter what that kind of person feels, as people like that are intellectually dishonest and not worth my time anyway.

Well, obviously kek

I'm saying I don't think most anons are like that. And for those who are, ID's will be great for cutting down the amount of time I spend bickering with them.

For me, when I'm arguing with anons, I'm always competing with myself. It's not so much about proving anons wrong, but rather reinforcing my principles, readjusting them, or renouncing them altogether. And if the person I'm debating doesn't feel the same, then I'd gladly invite them to block me.

I like 8/b/ for the following reasons:
1. It's more spontaneous than reddit; therefore, it provides me with a sense of social connectivity that I don't have irl.
2. Reddit's upvote system (along with profiles) is a double edged sword. On one hand, it does improve content; on the other, it causes people to worry more about being clever than being natural.
3. I like the small community
4. I hate most special interest boards

I think you underestimate 8/b/. I've had some really great debates and discussions on here. Now, if we can only cut back on the spam…

REMOVE ID! REMOVE ID! REMOVE ID! REMOVE ID! REMOVE ID! REMOVE ID! REMOVE ID! REMOVE ID! REMOVE ID! REMOVE ID! REMOVE ID! REMOVE ID! REMOVE ID! REMOVE ID! REMOVE ID! REMOVE ID! REMOVE ID! REMOVE ID! REMOVE ID! REMOVE ID! REMOVE ID!

Spam really doesn't happen, and when it does, like this remove ID shit, it's pretty hilarious to watch Holla Forums go up in flames and lose it's shit. I really do hope ID's get remove though. It's just a matter of trying to force the BO to do it.

No, it won't. Look at it. Right now. We have Ids and samefagging is actually WORSE than it was before.

And you are resorting to name calling again instead of offering up legitimate points.

TBH, it doesn't matter what "benefits" or "detriments" having IDs bring to the table. The point here is that this is a dying board and most of the people here don't want IDs. Keeping them will drive those people to other boards and this board will fill up with ponies and SJW fags, and won't be random anymore. If that is what the BO wants, great. But it isn't what the majority of the people who post actual good content on this board want, and if it doesn't change they will leave and take the good content with them. It is that simple.

Get out. No one wants you here. You're ruining my board. You're a parasite. You're cancer. You're disgusting, moronic, and depriving. Get out.

Because we can see it.

Except Holla Forums is clearly categorized as a "shitpost-friendly" board. There is SUPPOSED TO BE shitposting here! This is shitpost Central Station! If you are so bothered by shitposts that you want IDs to identify who is doing it, you are on the wrong fucking board and should GTFO.

You're making quite a bit of assumptions.

First of all, I started using imageboards right after Holla Forums went online, and Holla Forums was the ONLY imageboard I used until it started going to shit with the constant floods of spam.

So, when you say """we""" liked it the way it was", that would be inaccurate. I liked it the way it was in 2014-2015, and I suppose I'm still hanging onto that.

testing something

No, because there is more of it. That is what it being worse means. I didn't say it "appears" worse, I said it "is" worse. Try not putting words you want to hear into my mouth and just accept what I say as being what I mean.

Holla Forums is for random discussion, not for random shitposting. There is a clear difference between the two.

Is there any proof of any of your statements?

You are making assumptions as well. Like assuming that your personal history is relevant to anything, or that I care. You are a crossposting shitbird trying to turn this site into what halfchan failed to be. That is inappropriate. So fuck off.

Shitposting is included in the package, it's literally a tag on Holla Forums.

False.
First, it isn't a discussion board, it is an image board. Second, by definition, this is a board in which random images get posted and shitposting is allowed. So you can not legitimately form any argument for IDs which has "decreasing shitposting (including samefagging)" as a premise.

but user, how is Jim going to monetize the board without the IDs? After all, he's made an investment. ne user-kun?

If you haven't realized yet that he's destroyed this board, I can't help you. Recently the mods deleted 2 threads for no good reason : the bailey jay thread which was harmless and the "Post whatever floats your boat". Meanwhile, this left the first page with 2 data-mining threads, a Josh hate thread (how convenient) and a lot of reddit material

List reasons they shouldn't be used.

I'm curious

Ok, you're obviously too concerned about acting like this is your speshul widdle cwub, and you're posts are fucking cringeworthy.

This. ID's are literally mini-tripfagging for threads.

I'm not sure if the new BO has made it worse or not, either way I miss dysnomia. We need a BO that can organize and keep the mods in order. I'm not saying no funshit, but people should not be permabanned for dost and spam, or just because of some other stupid shit.

[citation needed]

Most of my post was legitimate points. The name calling must have affected you deeply if you're focused on it

Sure it does. Benefits make the board better and detriments make the board shittier

[citation needed]

[citation needed]

[citation needed]

This is the kind of autistic mentality that's behind Holla Forums going to shit.

Shitposting is allowed, a lot of posts on Holla Forums have been shitposting for years, and it's stupid to suddenly change that and it's stupid that you think IDs will effect that.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying shitposting should be b&, but the faggots who just post variations of the same image over and over and over need to be gassed. It's not funny and it only serves to annoy the absolute fuck out of everyone.

I agree, but it's part of Holla Forums. I also think we need to re-cycle the pony thread and this new anime general thread so we can re-hide them. New BO fuckin shit up here.

This is the kind of autistic mentality that's behind Holla Forums going to shit.

this thread is full of them and so is the whole of Holla Forums. what is missing from the debate is a good reason for implementing ids against the userbase's wishes. do you have any these rare pearls to add to the discussion?
REMOVE AND DELETE

anyone who has a account registered here needs to PM NewFag and REMOVE ID

I really couldn't care less if you believe me. I've been here from the beginning, and I've spent enough time on this board to know that the exponential loss of users was mostly due to endless floods of spam.

Flooding really only happens like once a week, you guys are acting like the shits going to be the death of Holla Forums.

and IDs prevent that… how exactly?

yes. i can't work out if you're a retard or a sarcastic intellectual. either way, ids don't help. keep it up.
IDS GO OR THIS PLANE CRASHES INTO TUMBLR TERRITORY WITH NO SURVIVORS

But ID's helped us catch a lefty faggot out in the act.
He made a thread, and started fighting with himself in it.
It was hilariah.

It happens every night.

They don't. But they WILL allow anons to filter the spastics in threads.

Honestly, if we b& Tor and the janitors would just do their fucking jobs, we wouldn't need to worry about id's.

It happened last night, before that it didn't happen for about 5 days before.

And instead of enabling ID's to somehow magically stop spammers, I have a better solution. Board Volunteers should have access to enable captchas at will when spam is happening.

That's not true. I was here 3-4 days ago and witnessed it.

That's actually a great idea

Im gonna make a thread on /sudo/ about it

dude jim and his wifes son aren't going to do anything making a thread on sudo is pointless as can be

Probably true, but couldn't codemonkey do something?

codemonkey (jims wifes son not even trolling) has refused to step in on boards his entire reign. he could but he won't and has repeatedly shown this.in other words its pointless.

It would be really great if we had some kind of alert system where a siren went off and a red light started flashing at the bottom of the screen.

EMERGENCY ALERT! Brace yourselves, we're experiencing a surge of autism and the mods are currently working to address the problem.

oh my fucking god, I didn't know that. Sounds like he's only useful for fixing bugs. Cause that's all I've seen him do.

No need for that, everyone would know what's happening when the captchas came on.

How old is he?

Heh, I was joking.

this software still breaks down when a bunch of people are all posting at once Holla Forums just isn't fast enough for you to see it
their basically trying to hold this code together but it still fucks up

somewhere in his 20s jim has kids of his own too

I wasn't aware that was still happening, god I miss hotwheels.

he was a cool guy but you want to know the truth? its his code corrupting over time thats the problem with Holla Forums and all the sites based on this. josh messed up a few things under the hood but it was hotwheels code itself that corrupts you can see it on the other sites using this codebase too.

He also damned his community to be ruled over by irc circlejerking. Hotwheels fucked a lot up.

I can't help to give him some slack, he hand coded a lot, and he point a lot of work into this site. Didn't Josh fuck up infinity next? I was kinda excited for that.

Also I kinda like the IRC, I've played games on steam that I've met on there.

Idea: make IDs selectsble my OP

problem solved

It still is. If you're being a namefag for either a legit reason or just to be that attention whore is just another contrast.

I believe you fail to miss that one important issue to what the other user replied in which makes perfect sense. Of that one special sperg just shitting up the board either because he's a retard or just his jimmies got rustled in that special kind of way.

30 off from 4 4s. that just about fails to not sum up your post.

I love the influx of redditors and their creative insults like "GET A LIFE LOSER".
You know what friend I'll talk your advice on one condition. Go back to Reddit and I'll get a life k?

I can't help but think that would be a significant improvement.

You know what the solution to the ID "problem" is for the 70%+ of you chucklefucks who don't bother posting images on this imageboard is?

Use Tor and post through the hidden service. Then you get this neat-o ID and you get to be really anonymous implying you care about actual anonymity. The only reason not to do your faggy shitposting through Tor is when you have an image to post, but as you can see, most of the posts in this thread do not contain images, so that's a moot point.

diaf

Very cool. At least, for a little while. Then he got less cool. Then he became very uncool. Then he got fed to pigs. He turned this place to shit, then got turned into pigshit, and now this place is run by a pig farmer. It all seems fitting.

reducing your board traffic to some newfags and the pony thread is not a significant improvement.
And using tor is a shit idea cause i feel like posting images sometimes so fuck off with your half baked solutions.

>>>/reddit/