The ID system is a potential exploit vector

I believe I have successfully written an algorithm for calculating IP address based on poster IDs

The algorithm essentially involves 3 variables
1.) The IP address itself
2.) The Thread number
3.) An unknown cryptographic key (this is to make IDs board specific to deter tracing)
Now we do not need to know they key because we can just do a bit of reversing
1.) Take note of your own IP
2.) Take note of the ID number you receive when making a thread
3.) Take note of the thread number
4.) Continue doing this until you have a large table of IDs and thread numbers corresponding to your IP
5.) Find the matching correlation, break the ID system, discover everyone's IP address

have you found the address of the gay's?
we need to eliminate them permanently

good luck im behind 7 proxies

REMOVE ID REMOVE ID REMOVE ID REMOVE ID REMOVE ID REMOVE ID REMOVE ID REMOVE ID REMOVE ID REMOVE ID REMOVE ID REMOVE ID REMOVE ID REMOVE ID REMOVE ID REMOVE ID REMOVE ID REMOVE ID REMOVE ID REMOVE ID REMOVE ID REMOVE ID REMOVE ID REMOVE ID

We need to ELIMINATE IDS!

Triggered.

They all live in San Francisco

Geiz, these IDs are not encrypted. They're hashed, so no key. It's virtually impossible to unhash a hash, especially if the original data was salted. I say virtually because, if you've got the aptitude, you can reverse engineer anything, but your typical basement-dwelling pleb on Holla Forums couldn't hack their way out of a wet paper sack, let alone a hash.

Stop being faggots, everyone. I've been hoping for IDs for a long time. Cuts down on samefaggotry and also presents the opportunity for me to create the Holla Forums rpg I've had in mind for a long time. Might start in it this weekend and have it ready for a dry run in a few weeks

KILL YOURSELF
REMOVE ID

bullshit grasping at straws.

Holla Forums rpg
Sounds gay
You're not a member of the Gay Community are you?

what's the bet that the salts are the same as what the default is on the github

fuck you tripfag

i hope u get hit by a car

oh you! 😘😘😘😘 😂😂😂😂😂

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

ROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
😂😂😂😂😂

Hey OP,
If you're such a smart cookie, what's my IP address?

REMOVE IDS FOR SECURITY

Trolling taken to a God tier level

Neat.

Tell me more about this rpg.
We could use trips for it, no need for IDs.

let me tell you about this instead
REMOVE ID

REMOVE IDS

When we remove IDs there will be a massive rpg to celebrate.
REMOVE ID

possible if Holla Forums gets rooted, which is getting more and more likely as time goes by.

Step 5 would be the algorithm. So you have not written an algorithm. You have proposed one way IDs could work. That's probably not it. It is probably randomly generated based on milliseconds, and mapped to the IP without the IP being a basis for anything.

I'll write a program that periodically scans a thread and scrubs all the IDs and post bodies. Fagets could post commands like "attack" or "parry" when a battle is in session or make a trip to town to buy potions or weapons/armor. I would use IDs to track each player's activity and experience. Each player would also have stats that serve as modifiers to their attacks. I've seen these before on other image boards, but I could make a better one

remove id