A Leth in Time Saves Nine

Storytime of

Patsy Walker A.K.A Hellcat! #9

I admit that sometimes I think about fictional plotlines to comics. I don't think that's too out there to admit; we all do it once every so often. But sometimes I wonder, what if there was a comic….about nothing. That's right, nothing! Luckily, Kate Leth has been delivering exactly that with her Hellcat books!

And now it's time to kick it into high gear with a comic arc! This one includes Patsy's exes, Damian Hellstrom and Mad Dog! Believe it or not, this cover is actually correlating to the story of the comic book! It's nice to see female writers being able to break this new ground! Shatter that glass ceiling!

If you're interested in more Hellcat, why not check out some of this!

1: web.archive.org/web/20160113031313/http://8ch.net/co/res/492838.html
2: web.archive.org/web/20160130161306/http://8ch.net/co/res/504680.html
3: web.archive.org/web/20160323202008/http://8ch.net/co/res/531344.html
4: web.archive.org/web/20160409195005/http://8ch.net/co/res/549577.html
5: web.archive.org/web/20160523093728/http://8ch.net/co/res/574171.html
6: web.archive.org/web/20160611133028/http://8ch.net/co/res/593605.html
7: web.archive.org/web/20160702131534/http://8ch.net/co/res/608870.html
8: web.archive.org/web/20160801042803/http://8ch.net/co/res/632896.html

Bonus Squirrel Girl - Choose Your Own Adventure:
web.archive.org/web/20160523093537/http://8ch.net/co/res/578827.html

Bonus Mockingbird - Endourment:
web.archive.org/web/20160617224134/http://8ch.net/co/res/600767.html

Bonus Jonesy - Lamer of Love:
web.archive.org/web/20160702131657/http://8ch.net/co/res/602206.html

Before we get into this installment of sitting and talking with friends, we learn that Hedy is now framing Patsy for the attempted murder of Daimon Hellstrom! No way he'd fall for such a poorly thought out plan!

Jubilee schedules another round of sitting and talking, but later tonight! Unbeknownst to our heroes, Hedy is collaborating with another one of Patsy's exes!

I was hoping you'd come back. Because I'm not done contemplating how Marvel is allowing Leth 12 issues when the entire point of the book seems to just be making Patsy and Jennifer a gay couple.

I mean, even She-Hulk getting injured in CW2 issue 1 was done just to help sell this retarded shit, much like how I feel having Hawkeye kill Banner was an excuse to get people to read that awful Mockingbird book. Instead of teaching their new writers to WRITE BOOKS where THINGS HAPPEN, they're just going to use events to try to force people to pay attention to them.

I'm glad there's a few panels of Ian explaining who he is to Jubilee because the audience has no clue who he is!

I'm tired of people saying this comic is 90% filler, by the way. That's not true.

Woah, it looks like Tom is going to sing! You might say something to the effect of "Singing is never good in a comic medium and anyone who writes such a scene is an asshole.", but it looks like the party has been crashed by Daimon Hellstrom!

It looks like Eggman has tricked both Daimon and Mad Dog into thinking that Sonic is really the one after the emeralds! I hope our gang of heroes can turn this around, and fast!

One of you is probably going to say that both Daimon and Mad Dog should be smarter than this to fall for such a simple and stupid framing as Patsy as the villain. I'd like to point out that not only are you a misogynist, but you're probably a super-misogynist.

Oh no, Daimon has sent Patsy to an alternate dimension where she has to come to terms with an evil She-Hulk! You can tell she's evil because she's wearing black! Will Patsy be able to get out of this one?!

um okay wow way to be a bigot

haha okay did someone let some bigot police the news now or

woah excuse me there way to turn on the bigot power machine on the microphone

I haven't read every issue, but is this the first time there has been anything resembling a real fight in an issue?

A loose definition of fight, but yes, I think this is supposed to be an action sequence for once.

I forgot this thing still existed.

I wish powergirl autist could delete kate letch

wait, did Vampilee always have the whole gamut of vampire mythic powers? Or did Kate just pull mist form out of her ass

fighting Arcade might count but it was more of a "play my deadly minigames" sort of deal

does
does the baby have hipster hair
did the mother actually get a hairdresser to cut a BABY'S HAIR to look FASHIONABLE
Also would you look at her opening the door and leaning outside
she looks like she's literally 1 meter high
why is the art so amazingly incompetent I swear to god

Why the fuck, every single time there is the slightest amount of actual fucking action, patsy isn't even part of it ? She has to get OTHER PEOPLE to do heroing, EVERY SINGLE FUCKING TIME

And why in the shit would she be able to understand what some dude she hasn't seen in years mean, like INSTANTLY, whose fault it is, etc. ? KATE YOU RETARD THIS ISN'T HOW THIS WORKS YOU DYKE

This was even emptier than the previous ones because at least they tried to tell a story and end it, to actually conclude it
this one didn't even fucking bother
FOR FUCK'S SAKE WHY DOES ANYONE THINK SHE IS A HERO WHEN SHE DOESN'T HIT EVEN A SINGLE PERSON AND HAS TO GET OTHER PEOPLE EVERYTIME TO DO IT FOR HER

I fucking hate this
thanks for posting it again OP

i wanna do arcade up his patoot

You act like Patsy knows how to fight, or has been a hero for decades. That's silly, user.

I wonder if I should post more of this later

i would love a story time of this user.

… this was actually funny and enjoyable. Fuck's sake.
Maybe the reason there is so little action is merely because it'd require artistic talent to be able to convey it correctly.

It was storytimed in the last thread. We don't need to show off this comic every single time.

Saw this at a comic shop the other day and my face lit up because there would be another one of these threads
and another excuse to say I hope Kate Leths yellow ass teeth rot out of her fucking drugged out maw

What are her powers exactly?

Oh, but I only did issue 1 last time!

And if this Patsy book ends at 12 issues (I mean… it can't possibly last longer, right?) then me doing one issue a thread will be a companion piece. So let's take that way back machine to 2008…

Sassy Redhead powers, I'm pretty sure.

Bunch of crazy magic shit going on. I don't know. I don't think Patsy does either, but she doesn't seem to concerned by it either.

A fashion show two pager, but the art is nice, so why not.

Here we actually have a really clear representation of her magically changing out of her costume, so I guess she could do that back then as well. Notice that the change is represented AT ALL instead of just seeming like she's randomly in and out of costume between panels.

I guess this driving shows why Shield had someone fly her here instead of just giving her a plane.

And a letters page.

Honestly, if anyone has some much older Patsy stuff, I'd love to compare and contrast. Because, I don't know why 90% of her life is sitting around drinking coffee these days.

Well… to be fair, it seens Patsy actually started as a girly teen drama comic, so it's not that out of character for her to be dealing with mundane girl stuff these days. Context just changed.

But even then there was humor to her girly antics. Now it's just… she just sorta does stuff. I mean, the only gag in the latest issue is Jubilee cloud having her sunglasses on.

Was Patsy an active character when she became a superhero, or was she brought back after her book died off? I can see Marvel updating her and putting her in books "just incase" so they wouldn't let the copyright lapse back in the day.

Let's look at it for what it is… Patsy is just a disposable character they gave to some shit artists/writer because she is sucking someone's dick.

Wow, its fucking nothing once again. There is not even a single thing to even rage about it. At least with the opening issue, you could rage with the "ugh men are the worst I can't even rethoric" and the obviously anime-style of two issues ago. This is just nothing… I don't know how Marvel can pump out inane bullshit like this.

…Can that even be considered a gag? It seems like the the artist doesn't have confidence in what they're doing, so they went with something silly to kinda cover it up.

It's been so long since I've seen an attractive Patsy Walker.

with as much mascara as he was wearing even Gary Buscey would be fuckable

It's at least an attempt at a gag. I even kinda smile when I see it, but I'm not sure if that's because it's funny or because it's so very much NOT funny. It's like a visual dad joke.

I'm curious about how many of these non-superhero (or in some cases, not even comic) writers Marvel currently has going now. I know they have this, Cain working on Mockingbird (which I'm also surprised is still around) and that 80 yo woman they announced to do a book about Black Panther's warrior women (the Dora Milaje). They are all inexperienced with what they're doing, not being taught shit, and given books about characters no one overly cares about. Which would be fine, I guess, if they didn't give Bendis all the characters people DO care about, meaning we end up with shit books all around.

The fill tool is not an appropriate method of coloring.

wew

Is this your first Hellcat storytime? This is the fucking highest point of the comic's artwork. It was much worse in the previous issues.

I legit forgot this shit existed. Its so bland and worthless it might as well not exist

I can't help but notice how we are, what, 12 episodes in and we still don't have a well defined central conflict. I still don't know why any of this shit is happening. Someone wanted her life rights, did we ever hear why or properly resolve that? It just seems like things just happen, but not in a funny comics book way. It's more of a Friends way.

See Friends and Seinfeld are 2 sides of the same coin, to me. Friends was always popular with women and Seinfeld was popular with men. Yes we all know members of each gender that like the other but the trend seems to be defined. What I noticed is that Friends has no real conflict. It's relationships, hanging out, dating each other, will-they-won't-they, and misunderstandings where most of the time it works out. Seinfeld on the other hand is ALL conflict. It's almost exclusively this group of people in conflict with society, finding conflict where others wouldn't.

Aside from that, what I find interesting about Hellcat is it's written like any typical Millennial blog. Kate doesn't know how to make a beginning, middle, or end. Things just seem to happen in no particular order and just stop. It's like a Vice reporter tried to write a comic.

The first hack crutch of a writer who doesn't know anything about the genre, format, or environment they are writing is to just write about themselves. I wouldn't be surprised if Patsy started writing a comic about herself in the next few issues.

we had what could have been a pretty good conflict if Cassiolena hadn't been thwarted in one issue. I mean, for fuck's sake she even got a decent amount of ominous foreshadowing considering the writer.
Could have built a nice little story about Patsy having to convince superniggers to not be evil magical girl-style every issue but we couldn't even have a shoujo plot

There was sort of a resolution to that plotline. The woman who sent Patsy's ex-husbands after her in this issue did so because Patsy and Jessica Jones broke into her apartment two or three issues ago and found evidence that they then used to get the rights to the Hellcat comic book back in Patsy's hands.

Ironically, that wouldn't have happened if the villainess hadn't hired Jessica Jones in the first place to dig up dirt on Patsy, so like most other conflicts in this book, Patsy only really won due to the villain sabotaging herself.

oh god i forgot that.
this really is gonna end with patsy writing her own comic isn't it? this really is like someone's shit girlfriend "playing superhero" but all she knows how to do is take selfies and eat brunch.

Nine issues in and finally something resembling an actual fucking plot happens, kinda…..okay not really.

Why hasn't this book gotten cancelled yet?

As we figured out in the previous version of this thread that got deleted, they probably need a few more issues to fill out a trade paperback.

Since I have nothing to say that hasn't already been said, I'll leave you all with this.

What annoys me is that this series actually DID set up a conflict and drop it. A famous celebrity who is trying to lay low starts a temp agency for people with powers. There's so much you can work with, a different mishap or circumstance. And every issue could be standalone, you wouldn't have to stretch it out over lack of material. But Kate completely forgot about that to write a bunch of panels where people have drinks and talk about things the audience already knows. This book is either 100% nothing or 90% nothing.

This is another problem I have with modern Marvel comics, they're padded out like crazy. Seriously if you're that much of a lazy cunt and you can't be bothered to write monthly single issues, then don't write single issues! Go back to your shitty webcomic Leth.

If the BP book is going to be about what I think it is then it will include two lesbians revolting against BP's rule. I story timed the both current and old BP stuff.

Again, since last one got nuked. Is Jubilee a lesbian? And Marvel has too many single moms.

I assume it will be those two, with maybe with an expanded team. I have no idea how it'll turn out due to it being an untested writer, but since Marvel doesn't know how to give her any advice, I can only assume it'll be horrible even if she can write.

And Jubilee should only be a lesbian with X-23, no one else. I don't think they have too many single moms, I think it's that they made all their single moms in the last few years. Like a lot of things they do wouldn't feel as forced if they didn't do it all in such quick succession.

Spider-Girl babysitting super-babies

I should be writing for Marvel.

do you mean mayday parker?

also didn't squirrel girl babysit for luke cage at one point?

Yes. That's when Bendis began the process of ruining her.

wait Bendis was the one who ruined her? I thought it started with that new squirrel girl comic?

Nope. As with most Marvel properties falling to shit, Bendis has his fat cuck hands in it. Ruining and molding it to something terrible.

Well, quads, I recall a lot of people not liking bringing her into major book. Like a lot of other comedic characters, it's hard to transition them into comedy and into a more mainstream book, where you have to say "Oh, by the way, she's beat up Dr. Doom, a man that has kicked this entire team's ass, but she's just here to babysit". There was the weird sex tension between here and Wolverine alluded to in the pic I posted (not that I know how far that went) and it seemed like a big waste of time for her, when she was doing more in smaller books by better writers.

So yeah, she was super ruined by her ongoing, but I think by this point people were already mourning her.

Sorry, a bit confused because of how you said it. So does she only eat tacos and not hotdogs?

That bastard, implying a former relationship between my buck-toothed beauty and that short hairy Canadian douche. He could never love her like the short only slightly taller not-as-hairy American nerd that I am.

Logan is 5'3 I'm 5'6

She's straight until someone retcons her not to be. Her close friendship with X-23 was real cute though.

For fuck's sake, now she is tainting Jubilee? what happens with hack female writers and their bad habit of tainting all the female characters I like? Who would do something so horrible and cruel?

Is she still a vampire?

No, it isn't, I've been here since the first one, but at some point I'd expect even a BASIC sense of proportions.

That's the point with the very audience it's aiming for, user. The purpose is that the main character never actively has to DEAL with anything; things happen through her, but never to her. She is never responsible, never has to actually get involved, never has to feel like she has to do something : other people do stuff for her.
Why ? Well, because she's cute/famous/respectable/funny/whatever, the point is that she doesn't have to do anything to warrant who she is, she just is and we're meant to understand that she has a fuckton of friends, lovers, a great job, etc., even though she hasn't accomplished anything herself and got out of all situations thanks to other people saving her ass… other people who have no reason to know her, to like her or to support her.
The audience in question is specifically people who are terrified of responsibilities but still want "work titles". You know, the kinda shit you'd see in buzzfeed or whatever, "creative consultant", "staff writer", etc., NAMES, that mean absolutely nothing and require from you no effort nor knowledge, get you barely even paid at all… but that way, you can go outside and state loudly what ROLE you have in your company, and everyone is to assume it's important and very necessary.
Hellcat is a comic for people who want to be respected for being worthless.

Fuck you I swear to god if you're right I will goddamn kill myself don't you fucking dare

Reminds me, haven't seen any squirrel girl storytime in quite a while. Did the series finally stop ? It was my first entry into cape comics of this latest generation, and it wasn't a pleasant one.

No, I'm pretty sure it's still going. I just don't think anyone cares enough, even to get angry about it. It's the same level of ugh writing the book has had since the start, and people probably would focus on remembering when they enjoyed her as a character.

I think we can handle Patsy every month because few (if any) of us were all that attached to her to begin with. I'm sure she's had plenty of good stories in the past, just most of us never read them. But Squirrel Girl not THAT long ago, so 4/co/ existed when she was on the rise, and when she was on the decline.

One day Bendis will realize Gwenpool exists and ruin her, so enjoy her while she lasts

Squirrel Girl is just boring, it's like any Steven Universe writer was given a hero and you know all the dumb shit they're gonna do. Big problems are solved with spunk and friendship. It seems lie it's written for children but with just enough nuance so you know the target is 30 year old autists.

But Hellcat… Hellcat is like an onion of awfulness, there's just so many reasons why it's shit. Aside from the fact that Kate can't write or tell a story for shit, you have her emotionally unbalanced and preachy Twitter presence. And then the real core of it, she's put *herself* in the place of Patsy. So not only is she a shitty creator, she is a bad human being. She's just a shit person and the reason her stories suck is cause her life is boring, shitty, and useless.

So as her comic fails it's like watching her life fail, as if thousands and thousands of people are saying her whole existence is garbage.

In the last thread, we came to the hypothesis that Leth can't get her stories in on time, forcing the artist to just shit work out to meet deadline.

Yes, I also think they made a weird 90 degree turn when she joined a gang of other vampires.

Also
When the fuck do vampires turn into clouds? I don't remember that shit being a part of her power set.

Sums up this current generation quite nicely.

what shite,

mist form is one of the traditional vampire powers, present even in Elder Scrolls and Castlevania

I just don't think they were ever a part of Marvel vampire powers, let alone part of Jubilee's set

addendum:
just looked up mist form and marvel vampires. Turns out old ones could do it (notably Lenore was kept imprisoned in a jar in mist form by Dracula), so at the very least it's an available power

Why does Marvel shove a whole bunch of their big books to Bendis? X-Men, Guardians, Spider-Man… It's like they think he's their Geoff Johns.

What the fuck does that even mean?

Means this was a lot of kids' first age gap fap.

She's a drag queen?

So is this a gay comic for kids?

I have to assume it's not 365 days of Holla Forums related drag, and the rest are not 90s superheroes.

No, it's a gay kids comic for adults.

It means Patsy Walker is an anti-mutant bigot.

Notice she didn't hang out Jubilee until she was a vampire. Patsy is a fucking mutant hater!

Hmm. Patsy "the only good mutant is a dead mutant" Walker did turn down membership in the Avengers at a time when Beast was on the team, way back in the beginning of her superhero career. Has she ever been on the same team as a mutant for any lengthy period of time?

Also, her roommate Ian is an inhuman, and we all know what the Terrigen cloud does to mutants.

How can a superhero book about nothing fucking happening can still be on the shelfs?

It's a long story, but basically Kate offers blowjobs and anal to Marvel executives. She also has friends on the inside to make sure she can keep making this book.

Oh wait, that wasn't long at all.

It's not that. It's easy to blame Leth, but the real blame is with Marvel's editorial, namely Wil Moss. He's the genius that brought us Whore, Howard the Cuck, Intolerable Squirrel Blob, and this book, the pathetic life of Kate Leth.

How? And more importantly WHY? It'd be one thing if he was unjustly abandoned to the wastes, but why would they fuck him up in the modern age of bullshit?

What the fuck has Thor been doing since he lost the hammer? The fucking premise of it from what I remember was "No, I don't want to be magically cured of my ailments." Where's Thunderstrike when you need him?

I have to wonder what the numbers are on any of these books. I know they don't really have to sell shit because Disney just hands them money and doesn't care, but you'd think something would be cancelled by now.

I know most if not all of these types of Marvel books are in the low 20 thousand range. That's not good at all. I heard somewhere the cancellation window was if a comic goes lower than 15 thousand, but I really doubt it.

Hey, OP, you didn't happen to do letter for the other pages, did you?

I'm honestly really happy with how both the Marvel's turned out, don't tell anyone

Remember when comic books didn't need endorsements for you to pick them up?

Well Jubilee has had no serious romantic relationships aside from Tim Drake (and Marvel vs. DC is canon remember) BUT has had multiple crushes or hinted at romantic relationships with exclusively male characters (Wolverine, Synch, Skin, maybe a few I'm missing).

So that would mean that she's undoubtedly bisexual (lesbian).

Not really though then again maybe I'm too young before it happened.

When I was a kid, comic journalism was pretty much just Wizard magazine.

nice

not to be a slowpoke, but Kate Leth is obviously an eldtritch horror named Kateleth (I don't know where the apostrophes go, if there are any).

what is her True Form?

She doesn't do mundane girl stuff, she does boring pretentious hipster stuff because Leth writes what she knows and that's it.

Wow. These sales numbers are abysmal. How is this book staying afloat?

If she did mundane girl stuff while still acting like a superhero, that would be hilarious. Think Adam West Batman or Jack Kirby's Orion going to buy socks. It's money in the bank.

But of course, Leth can't do that, because then SHE would be the butt of a joke.

I'm not sure. I would assume it's a mix of editorial favoritism and TPB sales.

are there any comics that do the whole mundane girl stuff while being a super hero right?

I don't know if Marvel is going down the manga (well, Shonen Jump, anyway) route of running a story, no matter how shitty and unpopular, until there's enough to publish at least one TPB, and then cancelling it… or if they've backed themselves into a corner and SJW sales are now the only thing holding them up. If they cancel this, Leth will be straight on Twitter calling for a boycott of other titles.

Not western, for sure. But look towards the Orient, there's a whole anime genre about that.

The Spider-Girl series that ran under the M2 imprint did a fair job of it.

Why is Patsy looking at his knuckles instead of her phone or the guy holding it?

There was Why I Hate Saturn, Cheetah Torpeda, Ultra Girl, Young Heroes In Love, William Messner-Loebs' The Jaguar, the Amanda Conner Power Girl, the Peter David Supergirl, Rocket from Dwayne McDuffie's Icon, Sailor Moon, Twoflower's Sailor Nothing, and Vicky Grant in the 1980's Dial "H" For Hero.

They're trying to put She-Hulk into a lesbian relationship? In THIS pile of shit!?

I'm pretty certain I've never been more depressed. An idea that should be pure hotness being drug down by SJWs in their worship of lesbians.

Yo, OP, when is that next issue? I've road this shit train long enough, I want to see it pull into station.

Working on it now.

This guy looks like Mike Stoklasa if he became a bluepilled normie instead of a bloated, bitter alcoholic who hates everything.

Bu bum bum
Yellow ass teeth
Drugged out maw
Hellcat hellcat
Worst I ever saw
Can't get enough of those declining sales
As I bob my head to sjw wails
9 lives 8,7,6,5,4,
3,2,1, your comics soon to be done