Why did Skynet waste time and resources hunting and shooting humanity down one by one instead of just using poison gas?

Why did Skynet waste time and resources hunting and shooting humanity down one by one instead of just using poison gas?

Humans weren't even wearing gas masks in the movie.

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.is/7wPYf
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

They probably didn't have the resources since they nuked the entire planet and the Terminator was never realistic and went to shit after the 2nd movie.

Also they can run from poison gas and make makeshift gas masks, they weren't wearing any because there wasn't any poison gas and is just a shit tactic overall. They have a lot of metal lying around too to make laser rifles and shit.

You can't use makeshift shit for VX. It enters the skin.

Maybe Skynet did. We only saw a small fraction of the war, after all.

The Terminator skeletons themselves only make sense as infiltration units, in Terminator 1 this is clear as what the humans fight on the battlefield are robot tanks, robot aircraft etc. It's only in the Terminator 2 future scenes that the skeletons are used as footsoldiers and that's right before Skynet is destroyed. Maybe by that point Skynet resources are low and all they've got are infiltration units being forced into the frontlines.

In TSCC it was made clear that Skynet did use biological weapons to deal with the bulk of humanity, but the surviving people were both somewhat resistant, and hid out in underground bunkers which made those tactics much less effective. The differences in the bodies of people from the future are noted, some sort of drug cocktails direct combatants took were also mentioned.

I'm not sure about what would entail gassing the whole planet, but I'm willing to believe it would be too much trouble for its worth.

Terminators existed specifically to find those bunkers.

Radiation weapons would make a lot of sense too, most robot parts are going to be immune to radiation, and really, just drop dirty bombs from orbit until humanity is done.
Of course, I don't think Terminator ever really developed a Skynet post-game playbook. The Matrix at least tried with the "use humanity as batteries" but even that was still ultimately pointless…so if the robots won, what then? Skynet fights itself? Matrix is perfectly balanced? But then the machines themselves have an existential crisis: why continue running, repairing, and reproducing?
We human beings are our own justification: we're here to experience ourselves.

They would have to directly carpet bomb the earth for gas to be effective, and even then winds could just push it away.

I'm pretty sure their only resource lacking was knowledge. I highly doubt skynet formed councils and had meetings to determine the economics of genocide.

They never said Skynet was smart.

It's a stupid action movie, it doesn't have to make sense, and >hollyjew.

Why not just move to mars and nuke earth?
Also what were they eating, do potatoes grow on cement if it's underground?
Just nuke everything, you can force earthquakes by sending energy waves through the earth down the ground.

Well if it wasn't >hollyjew they could explain it as "machiens were programmed to be efficient and drive humanity forward, humanity fought them, they fought back and killed humanity, then they carried on making scientific breakthroughs" and maybe "they re-created the human race using bioengineering, they tested several protoypes until finding the perfect one".

The whole story of terminator is shit anyway, "go back in time to prevent the present from happening but we're all dead anyway in [this] present".
If there are parallel universes then going back in time is useless because they are different from ours, and if they're identical then it's pointless because you're still dead in this one.

Why did Skynet try and send a robot back to kill John and Sarah Connor if they knew it would fail (since they were still alive in the future).

Initial timeline is best timeline.

Because it's supposed to be an action movie with robots, not a sci-fi movie with action. Or at least the first one was, and then they rolled with it. Then they fucked it up by having the rest of it all be sci-fier, with nanobots and liquid metal and shit, so naturally these questions would arise.

Nope.

archive.is/7wPYf

She's 70 in that photo.
True story.

Was Skynet dedicated to wiping out all life or just Humans?

In the scrapped Terminator Salvation script, Skynet turns out to be owned by humans and what Skynet actually does is capturing humans and turning them into cyborgs to create a futuristic utopia. The problem is, only a few can survive the process.

Don't remind me.

In Terminotr The Burning Earth there's a panel of Skynet gassing humans.

Because using gas was specifically programmed to be a taboo in Skynet's original code by its creator, who was a - what else? - Jew.

Well, they'd need to irradiate enough to make human beings rad-sick and unable to resist and not Fukushima level irradiated so that they could shield themselves with lead. Seems plausible to me, machines should be able to model nuke payload and fallout scenarios, sacrifice machines as needed in the more irradiated areas. Robots could adapt in the next generation off the factory floor, humanity would have to adapt over generations.
I can shitpost more believable story lines than Hollywood.

I remember reading something in James Cameron's official website about John Connor sending both Kyle Reese and T2's Arnie one after the other in the T2 timeline. The entire universe runs on the predestination paradox in that Kyle Reese is always meant to be from the future and is the father of John Connor.

Jame's Cameron really should've made a 3rd movie that dealt with the future and ending with Kyle Reese going back to the past.

that sounds great tbh, why did they scrap it in favor of "send 1 guy back in time 5 movies in a row"?

Wasn't there a shot or two in Salvation that hints at that? A scene where we see humanoid silhouettes on an observation platform overseeing the captured humans?

They hint at parallel universes in TSCC. The Asian chick won't tell John Connor's uncle when her judgement day was.

Becouse that's anti-semitic, goy.

Pay very close attention to the 3rd movie. Its the greatest evidence that Skynet was not seriously trying to kill John Connor. The TX demonstrates what superhuman strength means when she brutally murders that one guy by fisting him to death.

No tossing about or slamming. Nothing. Just rams a fist through him.

Now watch the entire series and count the times a Terminator had its hands on a squishy human and played with their food instead of just murdering them.

But in the third movie they weren't trying to kill John Connor. They were trying to kill his wife and friends

….pay attention. TX shitwrecks her way across the plot, and then when her supposed prime targets come into play, she suddenly fucks around

Also, youre a retard

You're the retard for not understanding what plot armour is. It's a shit movie. Of course it's inconsistent