What is the best programming language for machine learning?

Hey Holla Forums, what is the best programming language suited for machine learning/A.I. research and development and why? I've heard LISP, PROLOG, R, Python, and MATLAB are used for this type of work.

Other urls found in this thread:

machinelearningmastery.com/best-programming-language-for-machine-learning/
github.com/AtheMathmo/rusty-machine
github.com/tensorflow/tensorflow/tree/master/tensorflow/core/kernels
ccs.neu.edu/home/matthias/BTLS/
youtube.com/watch?v=2Op3QLzMgSY&list=PLAA97f8v5JX5WRZ6DUBSsogXlG4biWinL
mitpress.mit.edu/sicp/full-text/book/book.html
gnu.org/gnu/rms-lisp.en.html
gimp.org/tutorials/Basic_Scheme/
community.schemewiki.org/?emacs-tutorial
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

rust

Why?

So if any GPL meets those three criteria you specify, then they are considered good tools for machine learning purposes?

yes

I've often seen Python (with appropriate libraries) be used for neural networks, though I'm not sure I would call it the best language for A.I.

I'm pretty sure OP asked for languages for A.I., not Mozilla's pathetic meme language.

No.

written in rust

No, the libraries I recall were written in C++, and/or possibly some GPU language like CUDA or OpenCL.

c++

rust > c++

Nice meme, but nothing to do with current practice in A.I. research. Researchers just don't give a fuck about your rigid SJW-driven language. Deal with it.

OP here, I did a little research and found this 'article'. Basically this guy goes over some languages that are used for machine learning. Do you guys agree with him?

Article: machinelearningmastery.com/best-programming-language-for-machine-learning/

I think we can all agree that Rust is a meme language. Even when I was looking on the web, I couldn't find any instances of Rust being used for machine learning/A.I. The article I linked even mentions Java and SQL being used for this type of work and I would rather use Java even though it is full of poo.

github.com/AtheMathmo/rusty-machine

For the engine? C++ hands down.

For the scripting? Python hands down.

github.com/tensorflow/tensorflow/tree/master/tensorflow/core/kernels

Judging by jobs ads, Python rules supreme in this domain.

LISP and PROLOG are two very good choices, I'd recommend one of those two. I think I remember Pascal being good for that kind of stuff too, but I don't remember enough about it.

If you use anything else than C or assembly for anything you should get out of Holla Forums.

Java

Go with lisp/scheme:

Read the little schemer
ccs.neu.edu/home/matthias/BTLS/

Watch the lecture of Harold Abelson and Gerald Jay Sussman:
youtube.com/watch?v=2Op3QLzMgSY&list=PLAA97f8v5JX5WRZ6DUBSsogXlG4biWinL

Read SCIP
mitpress.mit.edu/sicp/full-text/book/book.html

RMS about lisp:
gnu.org/gnu/rms-lisp.en.html

More Lisp/scheme:
gimp.org/tutorials/Basic_Scheme/
community.schemewiki.org/?emacs-tutorial

Also use emacs your life will be less harder after learning how to use it.

why does every pajeet under the sun want to get into machine learning, machine vision and neural nets

MMIXAL

Go ask Codemonkey why, he's another pajeet who thinks neural networks can solve all problems, trying to train them to automatically ban CP images as they're uploaded.
We sure have a great engineer working on this place.