Keep The Ancient One as an Asian sage for the movie...

You are an executive working at Disney/Marvel, and you are implementing a series of creative decisions that could bring in more revenue for the movie. What would you have done, Holla Forums?

I'd white wash this character for the China bucks, then diversify the cast of Spiderman Homecoming because it's not my fucking money if that's a bad call, but I still get the praise for it.

Go the stereotype route because, I'm Disney and you can blow me if you don't like it, since you'll watch it anyway.

Add more quips and one-liners.

Not as bad as the ridiculous Spider-man Homecoming diversity shit.

Trick question. It seems like a lose-lose situation regardless.

I hire two actors to change in between scenes, just to make everyone really confused.

I would keep making up a new BS justification every once in a while (MS always makes bold reinterpretations of characters, TAO is a magical being who can take any form, she's Irish)

I'm ok with non-white actors, I just hate the girl playing Mary Jane because she's a bad actor. I would prefer Bill Cosby but we all know that couldn't happen.

Treat the Ancient One as a Zordon-type character and never have him make a physical appearance as himself. Use an chinese-American actor as the voice.

I don't mind that Ancient One's actress to be fair.
She can play a androgynous mystic guy/girl quite well.
Except Ancient One in the comics is an old dude.
Bit ambivalent

Maybe they can retcon it he changed dimensions so many times in his life that it changed his gender and race? well it's stupid either way

It's magic. They ain't gotta explain shit.

Make the ancient one no longer human.

By that I mean like have him as an empty cloak or ball or darkness or the like

All good magic makes sense. It doesn't need to be explained for it to be coherent and make sense. I'm sure you have no idea what I'm talking about.

I get you. I'm just fucking with you, and saw an excuse to post that pic.

Obviously I hope the magic in the movie make sense, but I'm also fine with that just being what the Ancient One in the MCU looks like. Becauseā€¦ it doesn't matter much. I mean, the Ancient One teaches Dr. Strange and then isn't all that important after or is dead (I forget).

Asian Woman voices a faceless/bodiless entity.

I read an article that explained Marvel made the Ancient One a white woman to pander to the Chinese. The original Ancient One was Tibetan and the Chinese would not go see a movie with a Tibetan in a large supporting role.

I am impressed

Yes. The movie would probably just not be released there AT ALL if Tibet was mentioned. And if they made the Ancient One chinese instead, everyone else would throw a fit about it. So it's easier to just pick someone who is probably never going to be in a Marvel movie otherwise.

Pretty much. Pandering to China again about as transparently as they can manage.

Wow. What happened to the days when Hollywood made films like Red Corner, and fuck what the Commies thought? Now we're worried about the genocidal mass-murderer demographic?
tfw people who write about heroes try not to upset mass murdering totalarians.

China wasn't worth any fucking money back then. At least not to the film industry.

But pouring our culture onto them only works out well for us, even if they kinda eat up our shittier films.

Leave it the way it was in the source material. That way if people complain you can simply blame the comics or accuse the audience of racism as is the usual response.

And it's not like Disney is sensitive about stereotyping, both the asians they've put in the new Star Wars movie are wise martial artist samurais.

Do whatever the fuck I want that benefits the movie and working within the buget I've been given. People are going to get mad at you whatever you do. I remember hearing people complaining about Kubo and the Two Strings because it wasn't voiced by Asian people. It's like people forgot how business used to work before and got self-conscious about each action that they can't make good decisions based on their own judgement. Segrating people to only play the roles that match their skin is more racist than progressive. Eventually we'll come to a point where every actor has to come out like a "Girls Gone Wild" tape where they consent to be part of the roles they play.

Have actors that look and can pull off their characters and use a script that's accurate to the comics.

Anyone who has a problem with me being faithful to the original stories can eat my ass.

to be fair though there are some actors that are faithful to the character despite not necessarily looking like them. Example Michael Clarke Duncan as the Kingpin. I agree with you they should look as much like their comic book coutnerpart as much as possible but I can forgive them if they do a good performance.

should I post that video from double toasted where they interview Cargil who's a writer on the Dr. Strange movie and explained why they couldn't use a Tibetan?

Sure, I'll agree you have a point there. As long as the actor is faithful to the character and does a good performance, then they're fine in my book. That's what I'd be casting them on first and foremost.

Sure, why not.

I'd have a White Luke Cage. Because, you know, diversity.

Make the Ancient One black again, you fucking racists.

By the brunet bands of bix nood!

JUST

You think the internet is your ally. But you only adopted the internet. I was born to it. Moulded by it. I didn't see the outside until I was already a man.

alright here you go man.

Why do they have to specify? Can't they just say "the far east" or "Asia" and avoid all that?

Come to my senses and realize that SJWs are a vocal minority that I do not have to listen. After that, I'd stay faithful to the source material. Let come what may.

It is still risky, and Marvel really wants all that money. China has a limit on non-Chinese films allowed, and if one of them has to go, it will probably be one that has even a shade of implication that there might be a nation in Himalayas with temples and religious cults.

Casting discussion begins at 18:00 minutes in.

It's such a shame that spill.com gang fell apart and turned into sensitive faggots. Nowdays none of them would dare doing something like Tropic Thunder review.

yeah I miss the old Spill days. Then again after listening to the podcast around 2012-2014 I think thats when Korey kind of turned that way. I mean he always cared about black issues but it was never that prevalent unitl now.

does it also depress you that double toasted liked sausage party?