Board mascots

Can we have a board-tan thread? I need more images for my folder, preferrably fullchan ones.

yes I specifically used Bos/co/ in the OP to be an asshole

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/Ubc6tyx9
myredditvideos.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

so ultimatly who is Holla Forums boardtan?
i didnt know that we at /tg/ finally agreed on using this shitty overdesigned lich fuck. In fact if i remember corectly when some board was throwing an chan wide stream we told them to represent us with shitty kobold.

all these communist made characters look like trash. Not counting christ chan

I thought /tg/ embraced Malal or some shit

Holla Forums board tan is a sith lord.

most of these I have saved from october last year when there was the call to draw the anniversary image, if it's outdated that'd be why

Holla Forums at this point I just like to imagine is some 4 or 5 different universe versions of Holla Forumsnrad sharing a flat.

I've thought about starting a thread to do some board characters. Boards tans and general OCs for drawing practice and fun.

thats actually kind of clever and really comic booky, I like it.

Holla Forums doesn't have a boardtan. Holla Forums will never have a boardtan. When it comes to actual board representatives, the userbase is so divided between "creative" fags who use Holla Forums to circle jerk with other "creative" fags and actual faggots who come here to talk about comics and cartoons.

Thus, making a board-tan becomes a fucking nightmare as you have faggots that want the board-tan to be some pompous OP OC cool-fuck faggot and other faggots who want the board-tan to be something that actually relates to fucking Holla Forums board culture. And both parties hate the fuck out of each other.

That's why the Holla Forums Wacky Races fell apart, why interboard competitions fuck up, and why Holla Forums will never, ever have a boardtan.

SOMEONE didn't fit in well with a board project and is BITTER AS FUCK. Just tell us your story since you're going to blog anyway. Don't hid what you're angry about.

Holla Forums will have a tan when the community here gets along better

Do we really need a board-tan? It's not like anyone here is actually gonna draw it. And is the board-tan comic related or cartoon related? I don't want a mascot being shared with those steven universe fucks.

so last time I recall, there were four mascots going around - Holla Forumsnrad with the infinity glove, 90s Holla Forumsnrad, Bos/co/ who I'll futurely imagine is just Holla Forumsnrad from the bearverse, and a normal, un-caped Conrad, who was from one of the first projects this board tried.

Anyone got references of the latter?

There was a thread about the subject shortly after Holla Forums finally stopped flooding the board and got driven out. It was ultimately inconclusive, since the one drawfag who was helping things along lost interest, but it was enough to lodge the lich design firmly in people's minds as 'the last thing most of us could agree on' when the Holla Forums anniversary competition rolled around, plus it was the design with the most amount of art attached to it.

That said, it's been long enough that you might actually be able to push for a redesign if you decided to make a thread about it on /tg/. Especially if you have any artistic skills of your own to help contribute with.

Did you know that /m/ made a secondary board-tan for themselves? /m/ itself is enough of a slow-moving board that the thread for it is even still up.

No, not really. But it's one of those things that come along when the community is doing well, and we are getting more drawfag activity. I honestly never cared about any of the board-tans for all the boards I've been a part of, but it's nice to have things that are part of that overall board culture.

Does /tg/ have drawthreads going these days?

Lets be honest here, everyone on 8/co/ argues with eachother alot. We can barely reach an agreement on most things that in actuality should take 5 seconds to reach a stance on. We're still pretty much at eachother's throats over the smallest shit.

Guess the bug/m/en need more people

Yeah, but I think things are improving slowly. It's not going to happen overnight, but I think overall post quality has gone up in the last few weeks (though some of that might just be the end of summer).

/tg/ has one drawthread that was started up within the past week, but before that there was nothing for quite a while.

Got images?

I didn't, but they're not hard to get. That thread on /m/ also had a few other interesting art pieces in it.

I was for the first image here, before that was 8 armed crazy lady with corn and before that was colorful punk chick with leopard pants. It ended with everyone just giving up because someone disagreed with something and everyone wanted to take other people's opinions into account rather than consolidating on one design.

We had a drawfag who drew Bos/co/ the Neckbear. I think Bos/co/ was generally more popular with the few drawfags that rolled through here.

I still have no idea why people still want to go with Holla Forumsnrad, when he's cuck/co/'s boardtan and Psudonym is making $500 every month drawing him and the "Holla Forumscreations". It's like you want to give that faggot more money.

I never understood why no one on 4chan Holla Forums is mad about that. Maybe because she's public domain but I've legit seen a pic of Holla Forumslette being sold at a con artist alley.

Who the heck is the tiki guy?

There was a board that was a tiki lounge that made a sweet video long ago advertising the board. It's dead now.

I'd say most of the stupid and petty arguments you see are responses to blatant b8, since even the lowest effort faggotry will still get serious responses and potentially destroy a thread.

well as you say, at best she's public domain, at worse isn't it demonstrable he did the first sketches of her? he's invested enough time into it, makes sense he'd want money from it. Just surprised an entire board'd take this attitude instead of a random user.

really though

grab these three, add the normiefag conrad I've no references to

have each be representative of some Holla Forums aspect- the "Holla Forums is a sith lord" meme'd probably fit well with infinity glove Holla Forumsnrad, for an example

here's your lore- during the exodus Holla Forumsnrad tried to fix everything with some comic book sci fi shenanigan, instead now there's four of him, and they all have to share a small flat, so they run a lousy detective agency to pay the bills because 90s Holla Forumsnrad eats like a bear and Bos/co/ needs his hair products

Found that pic of Holla Forumsnner the 8ch one. Always figured he was a guy that parodied the dark, gritty times of comics.

Like Holla Forumsnrad is Silver Age and the other Holla Forumsnrad is obviously 90s edge.

Actually, a couple months ago there was board-tan thread discussing the possibility of having 4 board-tans.

I feel like Tomo/co/ might be a good stand-in for the local shitposters here. For example, there could be a storyline where she tries to trick people into thinking she owns the whole neighborhood in the same way that that one butthurt Power Girl autist claimed he'd become the board owner, and then Detective Holla Forums, Inc. could get hired to investigate the validity of those claims.

But that would go against the character she's based on. A anti-social, neet, shut-in who says shit behind people's back and breaks down once in an actual conversation.

I say she could be more of a representation of Holla Forums's negatively.

Hope

Despair

Joy

Disdain or reluctance

Did you miss the part where they're a bunch of cucks? That might be an important clue to understanding their lack of outrage.

NEVER FORGET
>>>/tikilounge/

/quests/ has this.

Glad no one wanted to bring back Holla Forumslette, then.

By the way, was it ever really decided what sort of powers or abilities these various mascots have? I know that original flavor Holla Forumsnrad is a detective with no superpowers of his own, for example, but is that Infinity Gauntlet real, or a replica? If a replica, does it grant any sort of phenomenal cosmic powers at all, or is it just a piece of cheap plastic?

Bos/co/ is just a cartoon bear, so he has some pretty obvious powers, but then for extreme 90s Holla Forumsnrad, does the robot arm and the glowing eye in the fourth pic in mean that he's got similar powers to Cable, or is his power just lots of guns and body armor?

And is this guy Holla Forumsnner the new normal detective guy with no superpowers, or…?

Holla Forumsnner was originally from the Infinity-verse.

Ah, so his abilities are already fairly clearly-defined, then. And the other mascots?

we have too many deadboards

Any context on the last pic ?

/tg/ hasn't discussed board-tans in over a year, if my memory serves me right.

There's one now, but /tg/ only has 3 or 4 drawfags from the looks of it.

Holla Forums should have multiple board-tans that form a team as a nod to superhero teams as well a zany cartoon gangs (e.g. Scooby Doo)

Holla Forums drawthread

On a slight side note, the main reason I ask about having clearly-defined powers for the different mascots is because my inner fa/tg/uy is driving me to try and create character sheets for them in the superhero tabletop RPG system with which I am most familiar.

So far, the only product of this autism is a character sheet based around a slightly different idea than the 'all the Holla Forums board-tans live together in a small flat' idea from . Instead, I worked up the mechanics for a single guy who has an artifact of cosmic power that he doesn't know how to fully control and some slight identity issues.

pastebin.com/Ubc6tyx9

The system used is the Cortex Plus Heroic system, better known as Marvel Heroic Roleplaying before the company that published it lost the Marvel license.

interestin