Are image boards a dying culture?

Yeah, looks like they are doomed to me.

Ew

Blame Jim for not allowing TOR users to post images

imageboards died in 2010

nextchan.org
if no one bothers to post, no one is interested in staying
it's a vicious cycle

No just this sites kinda gay. 420chan is still pretty good its not fast but its not like it ever was. You get good answers for your posts. And people are actually funny.

Makes me think most of you are new as fuck that it never gets mentioned ever in these endless
threads.

and no problems were had

Josh took $$$$$$$ from 8chans user base and didn't deliver. Fuck infinity next.

Nextchan and endcha both are better built sites than this. And their both effectively grave yards. These create your own board chans are a better idea in concept than reality.

LARPING as a nazi from your moms basement is cringey as fuck. Sage negated, fuck you. You're gonna look back after you get a little older and realisize how cringe all this shit is.

Agreed, I think the best option is to have an active admin that pays attention to the community and makes boards as they are required but hidden boards should remain a thing

True, unless you have a giant user base your user base will get to deluded.

)))))(((((((((((((((((((
8/pol/ is the most retarded group of people I've seen on the internet. Don't you have some praise keks to type out? Or some virtue signalling to do?

Josh plz

He delivered. Blame Hotwheels for his dud captcha, and Jim for trying to close the source

Even pleb tier sites like reddit and voat haven this problem.

I think the idea behind it is to give the community a reason to shill the site as everyone wants to grow their board. This is great for tiny sites trying to get attention but once you hit a critical mass it's a liability.
I think the better option is to stick with slower growth but a more united community.

All I want is what Holla Forums was 2 years ago but apparently that isn't allowed. I know there are imageboards of similar quality but none have much traffic

I'm starting to think intelligence is subjective.
Whether or not you agree with some conclusions Holla Forums anons make, things need to be discussed, not censored.
Give them a chance (at your will), and if you don't like what they're saying, then mind your own business.
Would you really be happy if the 'safe space' mindset were taken to the extreme and Orwell's 1984 came true?

Holla Forums would be great with a huge user base to spread out all over the endless boards and create their own niches. That happened to an extent in late 2014 and through a lot 2015. Then?
As it is Holla Forums is just filled with a lot of fucking dead boards. Holla Forums would be a lot cooler with a bigger commuity and it'll never have it.

pedo detected. you are poison.

If he had delivered, we would be running next.
He failed to deliver. He took the money and ran.
He did eventually finish his web 2.0 shitty Chan that no one cared about and then shut it down.

Then some autist relaunched it for shits and giggles, but doesn't know anything about running a Chan let alone database backups. It didn't take long before it had to start fresh all over again. Now with the major bugs worked out, look at it. Its shit, and nobofy wants to use it.

Holla Forums is the most censored hugbox on the site.
I wouldn't post there if it wasn't
No fun allowed

I never said they should be censored.
8 Holla Forums is unusable if you don't want to just agree with people thats how its moderated. Which is shitty.
Have you even been to 8/pol/? It is one giant safe space that bans and deletes everything it disagrees with. That's pretty 1984 if you ask me. I have a vpn so its not like bans last but its still fucking retarded.
That's e

Jim wanted GPL instead of agpl, both open source. Learn the difference. Agpl has never been tried in court and is too new to put any trust behind when GPL is the current standard.

that was a 0 not an o, retard

I mean that's everything in a nut shell. Fucking too hungover.

They can just use proxies or vpns if they want to post cp like happens to this board regularly. Not allowing tor is just anti user. The only way to stop cp is moderation.

You're talking about safe spaces and 1984, but you don't think of Holla Forums as a giant echo chamber?
Sure, compared to the rest of the internet, it stands out, but within Holla Forums itself, there are established opinions and rules like nowhere else.

finalchan is dead

nextchan is dead

yep

josh was paid chicken feed by catapult to develop novel ib software. he did this. then he was told to give away his intellectual property and abandon the principle of open source software without reasonable reward. he told jim to go suck a pinoy and was sent home. josh deserves better press than jim and the turnip combined. he was never tasked with creating a community. making money for the piugfarmer wasn't part of his brief.

Your typing sucks. Finalchan is a lot more active than nextchan. Endchan and nextchan are dead. Finalchan does have a community.

It dosen't help that infinity next is still pretty much unfinished software.Jim is a pile of shit though. But josh isn't a good guy necessairly either.

new chans die because anons are too fucking lazy to fucking post more than a week on one. once the post a few weeks and see that no one is replying, they go back to the catastrophie that is Holla Forums and since they are looking for actuall freedom, the only place they can actually go on Holla Forums is Holla Forums.

y'now what would solve this problem? if Holla Forums's Holla Forums and other smaller Holla Forums boards that are actually good had an exodus to nextchan.

yeah I fucking know you don't like it because it's josh's original creation but anons have made it better and it's 100x more safe than this piece of shit and the admins actually TALK to us.

FTFY

Holla Forums is a hugbox, now get out of my hugbox.

Incorrect, he was told by Jim that he would have 2ch's engineers look at the code if he could use it under the open source GPL license. Josh was paid $10000 for a working alternative to infinity. He didn't deliver. He pissed away the $ then gave up once the $ was gone.

Librechan dosen't even exist anymore.

8 Holla Forums isn't your hugbox you have your own board for that.

Nextchan is dead. It maybe gets one post a day.
Fuck off Josh, no one wants to use your shitty software that blocks for users from seeing the site.

Holla Forums isn't a hugbox, now get out of my hugbox.

Then Josh spergged out and gave up.
Jim's son had to fix this site, which he did BTW..
It was too late, HW & Josh were huge attention whores and posted a bunch of unnecessary shit about what happened and there stupid excuses.
I think the drama between their love affair breakup drove most of the user base away.

Very effective.

Its dead, the last post made on /b was yesterday

4chan has always been shit
Holla Forums is pretty fucking dead
Masterchan just announced their shutting down tomorrow
Librechan rip

That's exactly what I'm getting at. We need that.

Well, society needs that space. Holla Forums comments are silenced in the rest of society.
So what if they delete disagreements? Even if Holla Forums's arguments wouldn't survive opposition, it's interesting and valuable to see that these sentiments exist.

I also want to point out that there's a difference between censorship and moderation to stay on topic. But then I don't have that much experience with Holla Forums, so I can't truthfully claim that the latter is the case.

Agreed. "Global hugbox" is the idea we need to get rid of.
We need the space for pure Holla Forums, pure Holla Forums and a third platform to juxtapose the two (not that I think left vs. right is the only meaningful dimension).

no software is really ever optimized to the point of being finished.
Holla Forums polished josh's next and launched nextchan. pedos or more likely jim destroyed it in the crib.

Josh had to survive on handouts from the turnip. he was told to relinquish his rights , his principles and the keys to his future (as he saw it, broke and alone in quezon city, surrounded by people who despised him as a tactic to curry favour with jim) to greedy jim or fuck off right now to the airport. he chose to take a taxi. not many users of Holla Forums would have behaved as honorably as josh.

Josh had given up, the honorable thing to do was to let Jim use the software as was the plan all along. Instead he fucked over all the donors and took that taxi. Get your facts straight, we all know what happened. Apparently you read somewhere after the fact what happened, some of us were here when it happened newfag.

let jim close the software. this was never the plan. the turnip and josh agreed to use an open licence for next dev. before jim stuck his greedy snout into it and decided he wanted the product of user donations for Holla Forums to become his personal copyrighted property. it was less than a year ago, ffs.

sure he did