Why do they keep doing this?

So what's the point in this?

Nepotism

Name two times this happened.

Rogue One
Fant4stic Flop

Ghostjusters
BvS

I still can't quite figure out how these kind of projects fuck up the writing so much. I mean, there's millions of dollars at stake, the writer isn't working alone and has people in the corporate chain that have to approve whatever drivel he shits out, so why isn't there anyone with at least some semblance of taste that goes on and calls the fucker out for writing something retarded?

You answered your own question before you even asked it.
Corporate executives are the most soulless, tasteless, retarded, numbers obsessed, bland, and formulaic retards on the planet.
To top this off, EVERY major Hollywood movie has to run through several levels of them before it even gets the slightest hint of approval, and by then the movie is the usual forgettable schlock that attracts hordes of normalfags because the bland retard executives devised a formula that just barely appeals to a wide enough audience to make people go "I have the money and the time, why not lol?".
This kind of shit is why you don't really see any movies taking risks anymore unless it was funded by an obscenely rich cunt like Cameron.
It's a god damn miracle if an actually decent movie idea somehow fights its way through this whole ordeal and comes out the other end as something memorable and worth spending money to see.

But they're human, they watch movies. I can't be the only one that "feels" when a movie simply clicks in place and it all just works out.

How the fuck do you even sign off on something like Cuntbusters? You don't even have to have a human soul to realize it's a complete trainwreck in the making. I don't have a fucking degree in economy or film making and even I could tell the very premise was the height of fucking stupidity.

It's not even about making a good movie. How about the simple business of making money? What kind of retard greenlights a sci-fi movie aimed at women? Don't they have focus groups and female board members that can say they know for a fact they, their friends, acquaintances, family, daughters et al wouldn't watch that shit in a million years? What the fuck is going on here?

How the fuck did so many good movies mange to get made prior to the 00s?

If jews were good at things, they wouldn't need nepotism to get by.

Say whatever you want about the Jews but they don't hate money, so i don't think it's intentional sabotage.
It has to be either
-an attempt to groom a new generation of directors
-some kind of conspiracy where production companies get fleeced to funnel millions of dollars to people who don't deserve it

It's simple; You can pay them less than Scorsese, or who ever. Even if the movie stinks, a lot of the time with the right marketing, shilling and / or social engineering, you can make a buck or two. They don't really understand the Internet, which is why the shilling is so shit-tier (Like that one guy who was invited to Cisbusters). They're still thinking old-media style.

They are willing to lose money in order to push a political agenda.

You're severely underestimating the sheer stupidity of modern execs.
They could have literal cinematic gold in front of them and they will find a way to tarnish it.
They all only see numbers, and the absolute worst of them also see agendas to be pushed.
They don't care how well constructed the story is, the only things that matter to them are
1. will this drag in a fuckload of people to the theaters?
2. does it support our politics?

Excuse me?

You can't underestimate how unimaginative and artless these people are. Higher ups in corporations are like MMO players. They are autisticly obsessed with progression in their one game, which is rising up the ladder at their company. They have no clue what normal people enjoy, because they enjoy being in an office setting and going to meetings. That level of obsession is why the 'win' over sensible humans. They want it more. It isn't like they are necessarily malevolent, they are just totally clueless about what people watch and/or play.

To add to this, some execs are genuinely retarded. The most egregious example I can think of is in Wild Wild West. One producer was obsessed with having a giant robot spider. Any time someone came to him for money, he'd tell them they'd get way more if they put in a giant robot spider. Every single one of those people, bar the ones that made Wild Wild West, said no. There's no explanation given for why he wanted a giant robot spider.

If only we could pit the accountants against the ideologues somehow.

The problem is that the ones above have their head full of shit. It's what happened with Raimi's spiderman 3, but now it's been getting everywhere: "Hey, director, I think you should make the love interest pink haired, that's the rage nowadays. Plus, make it so that the MC is a faggot". I suppose it has to do with execs going old and literally senile while still not quite dying so they keep being full of shit.

Snow White and the Huntsman
Transcendence

They put the entirety of success and failure on one person that isn't known. With a well-known producer it would be a scandal, like with Edgar Right. With a nobody if they fail it's their fault, they'll get rid of that person and move on with the masses satisfied.
They are essentially throwing these people to the wolves.

One thing I don't understand is, outside of high-cost action movies that need a lot of hardware to be purchased and people to operate them, why are films so goddamn expensive to make nowadays?

Provided you own all the necessary equipment to make a movie beforehand and are not renting anything, other than greedy lead actors wanting a higher pay, I do not see how they can cost so much. You can get a fleet of (used) vehicles, arsenal of weapons and closet worth of outfits for less than $100,000, probably even a tenth of that if you were really stretching it. Other things like catering throughout the production process should also only be around another $10,000 - $100,000. So how the fuck are we getting so many films that cost ridiculous amounts of money like 150 million?

Rouge One made $1 billion and was a success.

CGI and hiring hundreds of animators costs a shitload?

They are paying themselves for making these movies.

I think this is a piece of the puzzle as to why Mel is suddenly back in with the kikes. I mean the kikes at the Mouse want to put the final nail in the coffin of DC capeshit and RDJ is their number one draw and is obviously ready to be done with Iron Man but Mel is his bestie and he has been lobbying hard for him to be forgiven. So I can see the kikes telling Mel that if he bashes the DC capeshit, makes Iron Man 4 to keep their golden boy happy, and keeps his nose clean then all is forgiven.

The Amazing Spider-Man
Superman II (Theatrical Cut)/Superman III

Because movie execs are retarded, they have big massive egos, they don't know shit about creating anything and are, nine times out of ten, the reason so many movies end up being shit in the first place.

Last month there were rumors that DC were scouting Mel to direct Suicide Squad 2. Even if they were untrue, so far that's been the only thing that piqued my interest with regards to the DCCU.

WB may not be able to make a capeshit movie that can meet even the nonexistent standards of plebs but they recognize a power play when they see one. It will be interesting to see how it pans out.

Often times the people investing in these movies think of it in terms of what demographics are being appealed to in order to decide how well the movie will do.

Look at the recent Cisbusters movie for instance. It involved a wildly popular property, a fairly popular comedy movie star who has carried her own movies repeatedly, several up and coming stars, as well as involving some nice eye candy in the form of Thor. Problem was, the women weren't appropriate for the property, the director had no experience handling a major movie that involved special effects, and the marketing campaign largely depended on the notion that their politics were popular.

They misread the situation likely out of complete ignorance, but a recurring theme is that people meddle in the production of the movie making process because they think ticking off certain demographic groups will somehow help them.

Check out the documentary on the making of The Island of Doctor Moraeu (sp?), they had a similar issue that they remarked on about how they thought it was a good idea to bring on some Hollywood star simply because they thought if you have a Hollywood star then you get audience members that come just for them.

They had to reshoot the entire fucking film to turn down the retarded girl power, and in doing so literally marginalized the brown people in the movie. It was critically panned. Don't confuse revenue with profit.

They won't be able to keep doing it indefinitely. Disney can still get away with this shit because people still have faith in Star Wars as a franchise, but two more movies that are as shit as TFA and RO and the disillusion will start to set in.

Another problem is going to happen when people finally get sick and tired of comic book adaptations, which seems to already be happening as each new Marvel movie resembles the previous brown slog, all bunching up and becoming indistinguishable one from the other (because they're all the same movie told over and over again).

And what does Disney have then? Live action adaptations of their old cartoons, but with a shitload of leftist propaganda injected? Leftist propaganda that will lose them the international market?

They sure as fuck aren't gonna produce anything original, the Jews have made sure to scorch away any shred of talent or originality from Disney when they took over.

Rosebud…

Nah dude, VIII will be the nail in the coffin when its basically a commie version of Empire with mary sue and nignog saving the day without effort and insta-learned force use. Its amazing how they took a plot hole from the OT and misunderstood it. If the force is so easy to use and wield that a actual nigger janitor is able to use it, how are they so few lightsabers and jedi left in the whole fucking galaxy? What's the point of a jedi council or even its destruction that anyone can pick up the stick without training?

I thought the only reason the lightsabers were viable was because forceshit let them block blaster fire with them. Nignog couldn't do that could he? He can't use the force right?

It's not even a plot hole, Luke spent three fucking movies getting his shit kicked until he finally managed to overcome his fears and doubts and fight against Vader as an equal, and even then he wasn't the one that dealt the death blow to the Empire, but Vader who sacrifices himself to save his son.

TFA just shits on all that with Rey and the nigger scraping by thanks to stupidly obvious plot armor.

I think the idea behind lightsabers and Obiwan calling them a "weapon for a more civilized age" is that they aren't meant to be viable weapons, they were a status symbol during a period of peace where you wouldn't always resort to violence first.

But yes, it takes a force sensitive and a lot of training to use a lightsaber without running the risk of hurting yourself.

Are you silly? Nignog faced tr-8r and Kikelo ren with luke's saber. You're supposed to NEED force training, not just an affinity, to be able to turn one on, but both he and mary sue use them recklessly.

The plot hole in question was the fact that han solo used a lightsaber to cut something in the last film. Luke's training is critical to the overarching story.

Capitalism.
Waste resources, kill & starve the world, drive industries into the ground, all for profit.

A normal person can pick up a saber, activate and use it, it's a tool like any other, you push the button and it will turn on and work as intended, the issue is that you aren't likely going to be able to fight effectively with it if you don't have force power bullshit to stop you from chopping off a limb or two.

Someone needs to watch the OT

Why do they keep writing shitty original scripts when they already paid billions of dollars for the rights to the entire universe? Just copy the story of the excellent comics. How hard is that?

Mel Gibson making a superhero movie? That's not gonna happen…

Anyway, which hero would you give Mel to direct? Black Panther?

They couldn't even do that. They declared the almost decade's worth of original content as "non canonical" then proceeded to plagiarize all subsequent plot points from them and expected no one to notice.

OP here. That's my point…

I know a guy who collects all of these movies on blu-rays. So as long as these "geek" people are around, Marvel movies cannot fail

Today I saw a person driving a Fiat Punto that had a Guy Fawkes mask attached to it's middle rear view mirror

But how does wasting money produce profit?

Captain America.

Red Skull.

Are these real?

seriously dude?

No, user, they're not real. I spent 9000 hours in MS Paint to make them.

Holy shit it's Farrage!

No, user, that is purely a coincidence. This is fiction, not reality, stop confusing the two, comics are a serious artistic medium that has no time to wallow in the gutter of current politics.