Remember when you were in your mid thirties and found these guys funny?

remember when you were in your mid thirties and found these guys funny?

No.

Try, ever.

More like late teens-early 20s. I was a late bloomer.

I got into them when I was around 14 or 15. Grew out of it after my first year in college.

I recognize the guy who reviewed "The Room," Exploitation film reviewer, Final Fantasy let's player guy, Seven Dollar Sanchez, Musket Autist, some poor soul who killed himself, and Abortion Girl. I stopped watching this stuff nearly a decade ago. While I did find some of them funny at the time, in retrospect I see how they intentionally overlooked good elements of the things they reviewed for the sake of promoting their character.

Many of them were fine in their earlier days or have their moments. Doug can pull off goofy when he's got the right material and his earlier stuff like Follow That Bird and Double Dare were great. Think of him like a loony tune.
Linkara takes a huge history of a comic and makes it bite sized so you can understand the context of what he's currently reviewing.
Phelous is better when he's laughing at how stupid something is rather than doing the angry reviewer shtick. Some of his best is Triangle and Man's Best Friend.
Brad was usually a fun watch, but sometimes the films he had just weren't good material.

The problem is over the years they've all come bogged down with their own luggage.

It's easy to hate them now because they're all past their prime. They lacked the professionalism and experience to build a network. Over time none of them innovated, instead getting stuck in the rut. They started doing something they're passionate about and not many of them still have that drive or energy. You can see it in their videos. With one or two exceptions of course. Brad will always be a treat and Linkara will always sperg on comics. It's what makes them who they are. But it was an inability to adapt and grow in a world that gobbled up their kind of entertainment and reproduced it, sometimes at a better quality. Now they're more of an old shame.

I'm 21, I thought these guys were funny when I was like 16 dude, I realized they were cringey as fuck by the time I was 19. TGWTG is literally for children

No. I don't even know who most of them are and the ones I know are not funny. But the internet culture around movies has always been shit, shock full of frustrated movie director wannabes.

In fact, frustrated movie directors are such a cancer, they are responsible for the fucking up of most of the gaming culture as well and a lot of the game development.

Why are frustrated movie directors such a cancer, Holla Forums?

Never watched them, but checked out a thread on cuck/tv/ and started following them as lolcows.

Because they try to make their own movies but suck. So they become film critics instead. There's an old saying that those who can not do teach instead. These internet critics don't teach much other than basic story writing and even then its done by bashing the most lowbrow thing. Better off watching Every Frame a Painting.

kys grandpa
I've never watched their shit entirely but they all seem like people who try too much to be funny. I'm from frogistan so the only person I know from that group is Benzaie and he's not funny, most of his jokes are low-brow.
I've been lurking the CA threads here and I have a question about Doug Walker: Why does he make that creepy face? Is it supposed to be funny?

the answer to any and all question regarding CA is autism
autism
autism
autism

At one point I found Spoony funny, that was it.

I tried watching the others and hated it so much I had a realization that retroactively made Spoony unfunny.

"These people aren't funny at all, these videos aren't even reviews. They're just summarizing the entire film, and the humor comes entirely from the stuff they're watching, not them. It's like a combination of reference humor and reaction video. Why are these stupid skits and plotlines in every fucking video? They're unbelievably cringy."

What killed it is the ego, these people all act like they're brilliant, talented film makers.

I'd still totally fuck Marzgurl and thatgirlwiththegoggles, though.

I am in my mid-30s and I've never found them funny.

Why is she so perfect? Why didn't you save her?!

I guess she's kinda cute, she just sucks at videos as much as everyone else

how fucking old are you?

Probably in his mid to late 50's, judging by context clues.

I browse Holla Forums and am 43 years old. I should be fucking shot in the head.

Queen of THICC

Hmmm.

Does he have an estate or something?

There was a time when someone still had auto pay set up and even after JewWario died 50 cents would be given every month.