So… Trump named this Ajit Pai guy the chair of the FCC, who is against net neutrality

So… Trump named this Ajit Pai guy the chair of the FCC, who is against net neutrality.
What does Holla Forums think, be Trump supporters or not?
businessinsider.com/trump-net-neutrality-fcc-chairman-ajit-pai-2017-1

isn't this "trump is against net neutrality" just his stance against isis propaganda and recruitment?

Is that sarcasm user? I am not sure.

trumptard 32D chess explanation.

CNN told me trump is racist so theres no way he chose a guy called Ajit Pai.

Im sure the guy is really called Billybob Redneck and his version of net neutrality is hanging niggers from trees.

net neutrality is stupid. just remove all barriers to entry from the ISP business and the market will take care of it.

What do you maen by that, user?

I guess its like banking where you cant even get a license to enter the industry unless you have friends in high places.

net neutrality is a reddit meme

go back

Well, if that were the case, whydo the small ISP want net neutrality, whereas the big ISPs want to nuke it?

remove the things preventing people from entering.
The biggest barrier would be the high amount of capital required to enter the industry. If the government would supply that, new ISPs would provide all the neutrality you need.

I think (and I cant speak for that person since I am not them) then are saying that an open deregulated internet would solve the problem in another way.

Essentially you could become a micro ISP for yourself and your friends that allows (and potentially blocks) the things you want.

If the companies owning the infrastructure were forced to rent it out by the day for a reasonable market price then capital wouldnt be a barrier either.

You pay the infrastructure holder 20 cents per day for eachaccount and your clients pay you two dollars per day.
If you start out with 20 clients your initial outlay is 4 dollars.

comcast is a monopoly

The Internet backbone is existing infrastructure and it's owned by the government/large corporations.

While it is true that the situation in the US is abysmal, with ISPs being granted local monopolies, setting up an ISP is not as simple as hammering together some plywood and opening up your stand at the corner.

Net neutrality is a great thing because it lowers the barrier of entry for content providers, but you have to look at the big picture here: unequal access to bandwidth is a problem, but millions of Muslims, Mestizos, and Africans flooding the West constitutes a far bigger one. TPP, TISA, TTIP are far bigger problems, with far greater, deleterious implications for the populations of Western countries.

Hillary Clinton would've nixed net neutrality as well, for she is a reliable corporate shill. Trump, at least, doesn't want to destroy fucking Western Civilization and immolate all of us in the nuclear fires of WW3 because Putin didn't respect muh strunk womyn or some shit.

Also this nigga speaks truth:

At a higher cost than the big ones. I mean with the same reasoning, new politicians should better represent their constituency because if the public sees that the old fucks are corrupted, they'll just vote for the new guys who are not entangled inthe corrupt process, right?

And how many people would? You could also do your own farming, produce your own electricity, maybe also do your own fishing. You don't do either of those things. Why would people bother?

reminder that trump got rid of the trans pacific partnership

WOOOOOOOOOOOO

thats part comcast employees not understanding icy/snowy roads and part retards going too fast

It isn't supposed to matter what *he* thinks. He is supposed to be a representative of the will of the people just like every politician is supposed to be. They are supposed to do what the people want, not what they want, not what they think is best, and not what they think is right. If they don't do what the people want, the people are supposed to oust them.

TBH, I do not see it being very much longer before individual private networks take the place of the internet anyway.

Have you seen the number of wireless providers popping up lately? Especially in the rural areas where most of the 24% of Americans who do not have access to the internet live.

It is a lucrative business, the government is providing low interest loans to companies willing to set up the infrastructure in these areas, and the specialized knowledge to learn to know what you are doing is pretty minimal.

Hmm, I see. But then, how harmful is net neutrality if it's going on already?
And what if the smaller providers build up a network (meaning, create customer base), then the larger ISPs buy them off? Like, I don't see where it becomes a positive trait for ISPs to be able to limit your ability to view or put out content.

Only a small amount would need to.

My father grows his own vegetables and has a big solar panel on his roof.
Thousands of people in my city grow weed

People will bother if the ISPs start being cunts. Which will mean that the ISPs wont be cunts.
Right now they know if they all group together and shaft the customers that people will just take it because everyone needs to be able to shitpost on the internet. Its a basic human right.

>My father grows his own vegetables and has a big solar panel on his roof.
>Thousands of people in my city grow weed
And my dad fishes and mushrooms. Big deal. As a percentage of the whole population, it is tiny.
I ask again though:
In what way is this beneficial to allow?

I dont know I didnt claim it was beneficial.

Oh, fair enough then.

Read this guise

https:[email protected]/* */[email protected]/* */6892a6fe7#.9r6ifvti8

Im red in the face. I would have moved the vehicle by force. They created a dangerous situation for anyone on the road by impeding traffic. If someone is creating a dangerous situation it is without a doubt, within reason to remedy that by any means necessary. Beat the fuck out of both of them then just walk away.

In my experience the one comcast tech they had come out to help me was a real nice older guy. Was nice talking to him. Most I would bet are losers who couldn't compete in an open market though.