Civil War 2 Choosing Sides #2

Fuck this event. There is no closure for Rhodey.

We all know he got a shit eulogy. So let's see what the people attending the funeral have to say. Tony's not here because of bullshit but, who do we have?

Well America is an indifferent bitch, moving on.

Monica, why the fuck are you making this about you?

Other urls found in this thread:

rinkworks.com/dialect/
strawpoll.me/11048774
archive.is/cy9Fc
twitter.com/TomBrevoort/status/768610454759415808
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Is this the new CWII thread since last one hit bump limit?

They're really not afraid to reinforce the fact that "Rhodey's family" of fellow BLACK superheroes didn't actually know him all that well. Of all the contrived, retarded shit in this even, the concept that Tony wouldn't be there is by far the biggest slap in the face.

user why do you keep storytiming these? It's not a huge fucking travesty to have shitty event tie-ins, people only care about the main book.

Misty? Why her? She barely knew Rhodey. Oh now we're talking about Danny? Thanks for reminding me that I'm never getting a kung-fu baby with puffs. Yet another disappointment.

It was getting kinda length so I opted for a new thread.

Probably something like:

Ay yo dawg, this home fry be cracka-lackin!

YOU FUCKING WISH, Z-LISTER!

Even her (I presume) black mom considers Sam a "fake" Captain America? What did he do to have such a shit public image?

Cap's face sums up alot about my opinion of these recent marvel comics

Have Nick Spencer write him. Seriously though was Sam Wilson always badly written?

The tie-ins give us a bit more background to the main event, that and I hate how in 4+ comics they down play him like he hasn't been around since 1979.

Storm? Okay it's all shit now. A reminder that who ever wrote that break up did a shit job. Storm you probably have the best things to say. Sadly that ain't saying much. Sure he came from a nice place but, what about him personally? Oops they probably should have got someone who knew him better, oh well.

America you're still an indifferent bitch.

That's were the funeral stuff ends, the rest is unimportant. So what did we learn? Jackshit apparently. We didn't even get someone who knew him well.

Nick Spencer is a good writer though, or at least he was.

No they don't you fucking retard, you just want more people to congratulate you on your moronic "commentary". You're just filling the board with bad comics.

Beside that time they retconned him into being a former pimp brainwashed by the Red Skull, I assume he's been written pretty normally.

I can feel the hints of good writing even now, but he's become so preachy that I can only blame his recent stuff on drinking the SJ Koolaid and/or getting old and having a midlife crisis.

Are you talking about the "big reveal" that every casual on the planet overreacted to?

Also I'm pretty sure Marvel is making him write Sam Wilson: Captain America. It doesn't seem like he enjoys doing it, like he did Superior Foes.

Doesn't really sound out of the ordinary.

No, the whole Hydra Cap makes enough sense with how it was explained to me, and the Red Skull speech is perfectly in character with the kinda shit he'd pull. I mean specifically the last 3 issues of Sam Wilson: Cap, which seem contrived to all hell. Maybe the whole "Tony couldn't come to his best friend's funeral and all the black superheroes are Rhodey's REAL FAMILY" was an editorial decision or some retarded Bendis bullshit. But it's an awful real, and I simply can't believe it. And if I can't believe the characters, I can't feel invested at all. The whole handling of John Walker in the last issue was fine until he just decided "but then he was tricked by the businessmen anyway" just to force the conflict to happen. It didn't feel genuine, the reasoning wasn't strong enough.

I agree that people do freak out over little things too much. Someone in a thread was bitching that the Americop businessmen were from Texas, as if precious Texas is being insulted. It's just a callback to the original Americop being former Houston PD. The real problem is that he's letting the plot move the characters along, instead of having the characters move the plot along. And that's just not how an entire universe built on CHARACTERS should be handled. He's not the worst at it, but it's really frustrating because I have the feeling he can do a lot better.

WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS SHIT? An alternate universe populated only by Nigger chicks? I'm not even mad about them trying to add diversity, I'm mad because it's not statistically possible that everyone of these alternates is a fucking black amazonian.

This comic was brought to you by the Philadephia Board of Tourism.

I think it's just a paycheck for him.

What are you even talking about?

Why don't you just shit on the flag 'roro?

I liked that bit, to be honest. Some of the writing in here is good, or at least has the potential to be good. There's just some really weird ass decisions like making this issue entirely about niggers feeling bad about someone dying because he was also a nigger, instead of making them sad because they've been good friends with him for decades and knew him as a person.

NIGGER WARS EVENT COMING SPRING 2018

It's weird because Monica is the only person who probably knew him a decent amount, because they were Avengers together. Everyone else is literally just "He was black, I'm black, that makes me think about life and stuff…"

Is OP going to do more of the Choosing Sides issues? A lot of it is boring, and there is a plotline with Nick Fury that seems to go nowhere, but maybe some of it is readable. There is also a second issue of the Kingpin tie in, and despite very inconsistent art, the first issue showed promise.

If you want the Nick Fury stuff from this one sure. I'll you the next choosing sides too.

Is the person in the white hood supposed to be moon knight?

Not really. Pretty much nothing happens in it and it doesn't even seem to develop Fury more as a character. I assume in issue 5 or whatever they'll do something, but it really seems like just wasting pages for now.

Next issue has some stuff with Kate Hawkeye and J. Jonah Jameson, if I recall. Those would at least be somewhat interesting.

Ok

I don't know what's happening.

Already saved it before you said something.

You are retarded. He is an over sensitive hack.

Are you really trying to justify this shit?

How did they manage to fuck up drawing Fury's face so badly?

Now the JJJ stuff.

The worst part is Rhodey has actual family (a mother and a niece) who know who he is and what he does and they are nowhere to be seen

that was my thought as well. Monica would be thinking "who the fuck are these lightweights and why are they here"

how many times has fury faked his death now?

wait is that black kid supposed to be the patriot from young avengers?

I'm liking this JJJ stuff.

Me too. It seems like a reasonable portrayal of JJJ who has been through all the stuff he's been through. He doesn't even seem to hate the heroes, but he can see how fucked they are.

Of course, I've also just always like JJJ. He's a good person, who just happens to also be a dick.

I think I found what they used to write the dialogue.
rinkworks.com/dialect/

So, is U.S. War Machine canon?

yeah I like seeing JJJ like this. It always bugged me in Superior Spiderman how much of a cartoon villain they made him.

At this point I'm pretty sure no one is even bothering with pretending to mourn for him. Nick Fury could die from a stroke while falling down the stairs at 123 years of age with four different strains of terminal cancer and everyone would just leave his corpse on the ground for half a year telling it he's not fooling anyone anymore and to stop bullshitting and go do the next part of whatever dumb stunt he has planned.

>Good god, your hair is purple.

…Is JJJ like this all the time, now? Because I think I like him like this.

Also, it feels like there's a reaction image to be found somewhere on that page.

Since this is the new Civil War II thread, then carrying on from the last one…

I could try to defend them not blowing up the facility with the possibility that they might have wanted to keep it intact for later use, but I think that your second point is a good excuse to bring up something a little more noteworthy.

You see, we saw in the first Captain Marvel tie-in for this event that even Carol herself was expecting to be discharged from duty over this event. The story is working really hard to try and make it look like Rhodey's and Banner's deaths aren't her fault, but on some level even she was expecting her higher ups to declare that she was emotionally compromised and remove her from command, and all she wanted was for them to get someone with a clear and level head to take charge of Ulysses and start putting him to use, get him out there saving lives with his powers.

Rather than thinking that her emotional closeness to the situation and nigh-religious faith in Ulysses' abilities would prevent her from thinking clearly and cause her to make stupid decisions, however, Carol's superiors and the backers for her little Ultimates project apparently thought that her up-close, personal knowledge of the situation made her the only person suitable for the job when it came to putting together a brand new arm of law enforcement based around Ulysses' abilities.

And since Carol then went on to start putting Ulysses to use in the dumbest way possible, I think it's safe to say that if you were a five-star general, this event never would have happened in the first place.

Which is the side with the white people on it? They're probably more pleasant to be around and serve foods aside from fried chicken.

Yeah, I don't get what they're trying to do with her at all. If she's a total cunt, fine, just keep with that. If she's trying her hardest but in a situation she didn't choose, fine, go with that. But they want her tossed into a situation she isn't really suited for and then she's a complete dismissive cunt to anyone who tells her that she's breaking laws by the truck load. I mean they even had Banner's funeral with Carol there, and no one seemed to mind that she was in charge when he was killed.

Even this points out that Banner was provoked, and things might have been different if she didn't take an army to confront him. And then she takes another small army to "talk" to Cho afterwards.

well carol danvers is white and she's a colossal cunt so I don't know if you want to side with her.

It looks like the black people are pretty evenly split between the two sides, unfortunately.

Editorial's gonna let Bendis do what Bendis gonna do. So all the stuff on Captain Marvel's title is basically their attempt to salvage the character. I think during the first Civil War, they basically tried to explain away all the supervillain stuff Stark was doing by saying that he'd partially lobotomized himself trying to keep a psychic villain of his from taking information about everyone's secret identities out of his mind, to bring up a similar example. Saying that Carol's judgement is compromised from losing both her boyfriend and one of her old Avengers friends in quick succession and she never should've been given the job is Gage's attempt to do the same.

wut?

jesus christ I'd have to work at it to write a character so vapid.

So, all speakers are black because black lives mather or some shit?

Fucking Marvel and having SJWs in their human resources infiltrators just bringing people of their kind inside. Also, I can't help but think the artists don't even know black people seeing how they behave.

I hope Carol gets dimensionally raped again.

I think I prefer the hamhanded attempts at relevance of Brave And The Bold Olly and Hal's road trip, or the middleaged white geek in the 70's idea of a cool urban black guy Yellow Shirt Power Man or pre-Wesley Snipes Blade.

At least it isn't 90's thug gangsta Luke Cage, somebody needed a good hard kick in the frontbottom for that.

Ugh, where are the Dakota creators when we need them? They already did this COMIC HEROES TACKLE RACE ISSUES crap a lot better.
Lord, I miss Dwayne McDuffie, I bet he'd have something intelligent to say about this singularity of clusterfucks.

Let's do a check up on Herc shall we?

Shall I expect enragement here?

Probably not.

Targeting laser powers, sweet.

What are they suppose to be? gods of the internet?

I'm gonna get a LITTLE upset if they are to be honest.

Words of power huh? Shazam! Nope, nothing.

What the fuck Marvel?

Get this retard speak out of comics, for fuck's sake

They didn't say or do anything "problematic" and have pretty generic names, but I can't avoid thinking they are the male dominated tech industry, gamergate, and unhealthy beauty standards.

The hooded guy is just an usual random villain, but teaming the bikini model with the internet dude stereotype… What else could be the theme here?

So do I. He was a damn good writer and exactly how we all wanted diversity to be handled. He just made NEW CHARACTERS, that didn't need to part of the legacy of another. I should look up some of his old Milestone stuff, I only really know his characters from the cartoons.

Why they gotta beat up the snake? Why not bring him with?

The thing I'm upset is that they treat the modern wonders like if they were worshipped. People don't worship twitter nor have faith on youtube, they just use them as tools.

For fuck's sake, by that logic there should be at least two or three gods of cars or bikes.

The only thing I don't get is why they would refer to things as a Civil War at all. Before Tony's talk to everyone in issue 4 (which swayed Cap and many to his side) it would really look like the only conflict was Tony not being happy. In the Sam Wilson book they even have a point where Tony sends out a call for help against some ninjas and everyone but Sam IGNORES HIM because they don't want to deal with his anti-Ulysses speech (which makes all the heroes sound petty as fuck, what if Tony actually needed help?). So do they just start calling anytime Tony is disagreeing with someone a Civil War, just in case it gets out of hand? Like if Tony disagreed with the direction the rest of the Avengers faced their toilet paper rolls, would Steve just mutter "We got another Civil War on our hands!"

The only people who I know of fighting before the big throwdown in CW2 issue 4 are the X-Men, and no one in universe cares about them because no one cares about mutants.

I hope I did this right.

strawpoll.me/11048774

so the hooded guys powers are essentially him using an aimbot?

wait if they're gods of the internet how come slender man or any of the creepypastas haven't shown up. Kind of seems like they would fit in as a new mythology.

this artists talents are wasted at Marvel.

Oh my God Max Landis is the bad guy of this story.

So whats the story behind The Storm so far?

Are they really essentially personifications of modern things or are they actual characters?

I don't remember. Was it this much of a black thing when Giant Man got killed?

No one cared about Giant Man. No one showed up and said "We're his FAMILY!".

They killed that black guy in CW1 because no one cared if he died, but it would add weight to the story. They killed Rhodey in this one because people DO care that he died, and they are monumentally more desperate for sales.

And despite killing Rhodey and Banner, Rebirth is outpacing them by a solid amount. Who knows how many characters they'll kill off next event to try to get attention.

Who's the african witch? She's cool. A lot of these guys look cool, actually.

then who would the gods of the modern world be?

is it wrong I'm liking the Hercules stuff. Is the rest of it good?

The one worshiped by the cult of social justice and the cult of the alt-right. It would be one god with two heads that bicker and ultimately gets nothing or worth done.

I get the symbolism on the lady, she's got cosmetic surgery marks and her name plays on horoscope, so she's the god of media or something like that.

Is the hooded guy a god of war? Like how warfare has become orbital satellites and drone strikes?

Clearly Landis is the god of the internet. I don't buy being able to search google for words of power, though, there should be some element of ritual and faith behind them (see old dracula comics), otherwise otherworldly mysticism is just another form of technology, and that's boring.

I guess their goal of destroying everything speaks to modern nihilism? Gods born from lack of belief in the divine (odd in the Marvel-verse, or maybe even more appropriate), a sense that there is nothing beyond our lives on this earth?

Because that would be creative and interesting, so the editors would put the kibosh on it. Although urban legends don't necessarily equate to gods. Maybe they can be minions?

Well, on the new gods, it makes sense, and the fact that you hate it makes it even better for a villain. I get that the oracle is a lover of fashion, but "on fleek" is such a stupid fad, barely memetic enough to survive it's gestation. They should have been a bit more forward thinking than to have her use it.

Well, we don't "worship" them in a conventional sense, but that's only because open faith is frowned upon. We still have the trappings of religion, but we don't sacrifice cows or congregate in a prayer house. We do receive sermons, ascribe power over the unknown, and perform rituals with only intrinsic value. People believe Google can answer all questions (like an oracle) and you can observe the godlike powers hackers are believed to have over electronics since the 90's. It's a pretty fair comparison. You are absolutely right about some sort of automotive god, that'd be pretty cool, probably.

Did someone say Ulysses? No? Too bad.

If he can touch things, can he grab a boob in his vision?

He used the piss bucket didn't he?

Fuck em, they're just humans with hopes and dreams.

…..Is Marvel trying to give Tite Kubo's the heart a run for his money?!

They were both piss buckets.

That's my secret, Cap.. They're ALL piss buckets.

Ah, so he's watching DotA 2 with his visions. To be fair, I'd do the same.

ugh, this middle-school tier philosophy is making me gag. Also Karnak's figh club hobo design, but mostly the philosophy. You'd think he'd be able to see the obvious flaw in his own reasoning *rimshot*

these faggots really can't into art

Also since when do they o Luther Strode comics?

and look at all these fucking reused cells

jesus christ how lazy

It's a digital comic, so all these "pages" would be one page that changes as you read. It's weird to read in a traditional way.

To be fair, it's a bunch of screenshots of what's supposed to be an interactive digital comic. It's less a matter of reused cells, and more that we aren't getting the comic as it was intended to be viewed.

Of course, you don't need to see the visuals as the author intended them to be seen to realize that the writing is shit, so…

it's shit

I don't think we ever took a look at this one.

Civil War #0

Isn't Loki running for President?

Then why did you side with Carol who will do away with that through the use of Ulysses?

I thought he was in the airforce?

would Tony be a worse president than Loki?

Oh, look the T-mist. So basically it makes people mutants 2.0?

Do we have more reason to side with Carol now?

Was he really gonna repeat robbing and killing without his costume?

I never really read Inhuman stuff, so is that demonic creature transformation normal.

Buy these comics.

From what I've read from Wikipedia, during the early history of the Inhuman civilization, they used to expose every member of their society to the gases generated by the Terrigen crystals, and it wasn't that unusual at all for people to transform into strange and monstrous forms as a result.

Doing that wound up causing all sorts of long-term genetic problems that required centuries of selective breeding to fix, though, so modern Inhuman society is kind of screwed if they're stuck relying on the Terrigen Mists for new members. Or they would be if modern Marvel cared about their own continuity.

Anyway, you all remember the two issues we've seen so far of the Spider-Man Civil War II tie-in, right? One of Peter Parker's reformed ex-supervillain employees slipping back into supervillainy in a fairly predictable, but well-executed self-fulfilling prophesy plot?

Anyone want to see issue #3 of that story?

wow bendis loves to repeat his dialogue a lot.

sure

Fuck you, Carol. If you won't fuck a drunk Shi'ar THERE ARE PLENTY OF US WHO WILL!

She could have ended up a lot weirder. Though Inhumans tend to consider their gifts beautiful, even if they are disgusting by human standards. The gifts determine their place in society as adults, it's the ultimate rite of passage.

Repeat his dialog a lot?

that was cringy.

Goodnight, sweet prince.

…Damn, that sounds like a much more interesting story than the one that he wound up dying in.

A lot of fun things can be done with these mostly unused villains, but guys like Bendis just consider them logs to toss on the fire. It's a shame that so many things are about heroes fighting heroes, because there are a lot of great villains through Marvel history. Hell, the Spiderman story is refreshing because there is a badguy who is a credible threat and not just a joke they fight while having a conversation.

It's a really good thing Bendis thought to put Jen in a coma right from the start, or else there might be some real conflict here!

Of course they want to 'reboot' any minor female hero because they want more representation, then do nothing heroic with them and then expect they join the avengers, but they can't even take Z list villains and make them interesting or rise up in ranks without needing to go edgy or give him bullshit powers.

Anyway… how many minor villains have been killed just for shock value in the last 10 years?

>beowulf decorates his cellphone like an asian schoolgirl with a Spartan, probably Leonidas', doll
>fucking heye voltage only seen in fucking Princess Trainer between Jasmin and Iris

Bendis tears off his mask, revealing the Scourge Of The Underworld.
"JUSTICE HAS BEEN SERVED!"

oh god it gets worse…

I can't keep reading this. This is childish, vain and absolutely disgusting. The only good this I can say about it is that the art is pretty dang nice. Other than that… jesus.

i feel for clash. I hope he will do smart think and run away to some shithole and start his own business

You missed one:

Beowulf was king of the Geats, an indigenous scandinavian people to Sweden who appears in an English epic named after him. Even ignoring the fact he shouldn't be an immortal super hero because he was never a demigod like Heracles, I don't have a problem with a character being in Ireland, but the obvious intimation is that he's going to be some super UK character, meaning they entirely skipped over the equally awesome and more thematically appropriate Cú Chulainn. That's both inaccurate - which irks the fuck out of me - and racist, which would piss off my friend in Ireland.

The thing is that this isn't even an original idea at all. Already done 20 years ago in many stories involving mythological heroes.

Sisterhood, yo. Girl Power.

So long as the patriarchy stands, we womyn gotta stick together.

It's almost as if the writer just got done reading pic related and thought, "boy howdy, I sure do love me some inspiration! Good thing modern readers can't actually read, or I might get called out on this!"

or they could use king arthur if they want to go for english heroes.

I would love if herc called ivan the fool into his team. a retard with stupidest ideas and all the luck in the world to make them work

Generally i would love to read about european superheroes.

Ah but if they did King Arthur how would they support having Captain Britain?

Oh wait, that's right, no one gives a fuck about Captain Britain anyway.

isnt captain britain muslim women?
At this point i believe you can do whatever you want with any character and editors wont care.

I think they actually haven't used Captain Proud Muslim Woman Britain since the "introduction", atleast not in anything "prolific", and i use that term loosely.

Im sure that we would seen shitposts with scans if she was and that some SJWriter would used the book to whine about Brexit which Holla Forums would been all over.

If they had an anti-brexit story starring muslimg captain britain it should be so amusing. The strawmanning on it could feed stables for years or scare crows all over the country.

European heroes?
There's always Union Jack or Black Knight. Also who the literal fuck is this and why the fuck does she have the ebony blade?

forgot pic

Why.

That explains why this isn't painful drivel like most of the others.

Christos Gage, Greg Pak… Any other writers at modern Marvel that can write worth a damn? Their talent pool seems to be rather low.

I think we know what to do with that picture.

KINGPIN TIME

Business as usual. Tombstone… your face has seen better days, man.

InB4 someone throws a fit about the mixed race couple.

Not getting a gay domination vibe off this handwashing scene at all.

Ya think it's gonna be the Dark Knight scene, but they mix it up on you.

Does a lot of this count as dating?

I love that he takes him right to AIM. Because this kinda shit is exactly why criminals rely on AIM, they're the best in the business at criminal science. I guess I also just like AIM and Marvel having a consistent, logical criminal structure makes the world feel real.

The dating comment was for this first page actually.

And next issue, someone who doesn't rely on Ulysses to hunt criminals comes around.

Oh, and if you're wondering which Crime Master just got killed, it was a really recent one who was never even named. I guess we need a new Crime Master not that it seems that lucky a title since everyone who had it is dead

And of course another Z-List villain just killed for the sake of edge.

And now I'm fucking affraid they bring Punished here. Also, who the fuck said this art was ok? It makes Squirel girl look good.

I like the energy it has, but it's insanely inconsistent. There are times pages look good, and other pages look terrible. There are times quality fluctuates wildly from panel to panel. Hell, the guy from the last page is hilarious looking.

I also got the feeling the artist would prefer to be drawing a book with some bitches in it. Instead he's got to prove himself with all these guy on guy undertones.

So, when are we going to be horrified by the gay relationship between Kingpin and redhead jew faggot with contextual powers? I'm seriously worried they would kill Frank because he is problematic or some shit.

They'll never kill Kingpin or Frank longterm because they fulfill very specific roles that any other character would be monumentally less interesting in. And they certainly wouldn't kill Frank without it being in the main crossover book, they'd need to make sure everyone saw it and how hardcore they were. I do expect one more retarded, major death in CW2's last issues, but it'll be someone everyone cares about (or is supposed to care about) and Punisher probably won't show up in the main book at all.

Politically though, people have tried to change Frank into other things, like a demon killer or whatever, but it never sticks. Because, regardless of politics, Frank being just a guy who kills badguy is more compelling.

It didn't stop them to kill Bruce Banner and War Machine in the most retarded way when we KNOW they are going to bring them back, at least Banner.

Still, I don't know what is preventing Marvel Comics to die besides Disney and what would take for them to stop doing this shit.

Remember that time they killed Frank instead of his family?

I would read the everlovin' shit out of that.

art might be bad but it is still much better then in squirell thing.

I get the feeling he was drawing a figure on his desk.

You know, just for once I wouldn't mind if they bring Frank's family back to some magical bullshit and give Frank some peace. That would be the only way I would accept them to get rid of the punisher.

A villian tried to do that with black magic.
Frank torched them with a flamethrower.

By them, I mean his family and pretty much everyone else in the room.

I saw that, but let's be honest, who should trust black magic in the Marvel universe? I mean some villain free magic deal that gives Frank his family back. For fuck's sake, the Hood is working for Normamu, and he wanted to release the virus zombie into the world.

Huh.. Yeah, looks that way. Good taste in waifus on his part.

Related enough to CWII (and I didn't think it was worth another thread), here is the cover of Invincible Iron Man 1 in November (how many issue 1s do books get every year now?)

Riri's name is Iron Heart, with the reasoning explained in this article: archive.is/cy9Fc My first guess was that Bendis's daughter thought it up, but I was wrong, it's even more pathetic

I'm more curious if Dr. Doom's Iron Man suit will look much different, and if they'll have some dynamic together. Of course, none of it matters, because it's written by Bendis and thus will be shit. I honestly think they could make this character work if they had a good writer and an artist who actually appealed to what girls like. But, like when they had Millar write a romance book, Marvel is fucking retarded about actually expanding their readership.

NOOOOOOO! Clash, if you fight the law, it's all over but the crying!

I concur, somewhat. However, Cu Chulainn is well regarded, right? It seems they wanted a somewhat unlikable character to keep the group from getting along too well.

There's literally no good reason for them to get rid of Tony and they've already shown in the first couple issues that she's a bland character with no depth and no motivation beyond "AAAYY BLACK GIRL IS IRON MAN NOW BITCHEZ SUCK IT FUCCCBOIZ"

That's true. And I don't really mean "this" in as the character they presented. Not only are the Iron Man issues she's in so far BORING AS FUCK, the art is shit (because why bother pairing good art with Bendis's shit writing). I could have sworn this guy knew how to write a character at some point, but Riri is bland as hell, she has nothing that distinguishes her personality, especially as they have plenty of teen heroes now.

But if you gave a decent writer the core concept of "Young black girl wants to be the new Iron Man" it's not really something that's impossible to work with. But as is she feels so empty, either just due to incompetence, or because "she's the black Iron Man, don't give her any flaws or people will be angry!".

I was expecting more distinct armor though. I mean, her prototype armor looked like a shitty gundam knockoff, but this is just a suit. Nothing about it really stands out.

I honestly don't think Marvel gives a fuck about expanding their readership. Sure, getting some vaginas to read your book is great, but I believe they far more interested in keeping superhero genre alive.

Despite what the mainstream publishers might tell you, superheroes aren't particularly popular with the comics reading audience and haven't been for a long time now. All of these empty changes are desperate gasps to stay relevant.

Modern?

Smartphone
Starbucks
Fastfood, aka McD

Disney

Is that Tombstone a racist caricature? Is that Kingpin based off Bendis?

Someone finally pointed out to Bendis that Marvel haven't had the rights to Optimus Prime's likeness for a long time. I'm reeeeeally disappointed there's no black or grey on her suit. I know the iconic Iron Man suit is now red and gold, but I really wish there was something evocative of IRON in the various Iron Men.

Due to them putting too much faith in Bendis and friends, I think people make sure not to point out that shitty writing is why superheroes have been in such decline. I got the feeling Rebirth might give DC an edge over Marvel for a while, and I hope they keep it for a long time. Because it's going to take a long time for Marvel to fix the problems they allowed to grow due to bad writing and shitty cash grab events. The characters just don't make any sense anymore, and that means the entire setting can't get people invested. They're sinking because they aren't respecting the strengths of the shared universe, and instead drawing out all the weaknesses.

It's not an original concept, but if they wanted a Teen Iron Man expy, then have her being a teenager working out of her garage. Have her doing crazy shit like running into super hero battlefields to grab scraps of tech to build into her armor.

I'm fine with a kid hero who watches Iron Man and says, "I don't have powers and I'm not strong, but I'm smart and brave and I want to do that!" But you've got to literally build them up. Just dumping this character on us and literally starting her story with "and now she's done with her poorly photoshopped Optimus Prime Iron Man Suit" is just jarring and lazy.

A lot of Civil War II has been skimming over the good shit. The kind of shit we want to see. Fights and crazy shit going down. Instead we get to see the aftermath where everyone is musing about "profiling" and crimefighting.

Remember Avengers vs X-Men? You know what that event did right? IT FUCKING GAVE US AVENGERS FIGHTING THE X-MEN.

SHOW
DON'T
TELL

Fuck's sake.

I gotcha!

TELL
DON'T
SHOW

I'll keep doing it that way, because people love my books so much. I mean, if people didn't like my writing, they wouldn't buy my books, right? Has nothing to do with me writing all the major books and basically holding characters hostage!

Please tell me when they say take over they mean Tony will still be Iron man and Riri is just working with Tony as a mentor. Iron Man is not a legacy character. Rhodey stood in as Iron Man for him sometimes but he became his own thing with War Machine. He wasn't there to replace him. Shit man, Rhodey is looking deader every fucking issue.

Also who looked worse after dying?

I feel like it would be too retarded to try and kill of Tony now. The guy has scanned and duplicated his brain, loaded his body with a dozen different kinds of nanomachines, and transcended humanity more than any other Marvel character.

There's no injury, method, or means to properly kill Tony Stark that would keep him out of superhero business. Hell, his armor was essentially 24/7 lifesupport for the longest time, anyways.

See, you're both trying to look at this logically. This is Bendis we're talking about. That shit don't fly with him.

I assume they're sending him to space or something for the time being, or something else retarded so they don't have the completely obvious ending of the CWII be "Tony dies". But they know he's too popular to even have gone, because Riri's AI will be based on Tony's brain. Even when they steal the Death of Superman by introducing a bunch of replacement Iron Mans, they can't do it without Tony being around in some form.

URGH. This is vomitous. DC going all redpill and winning is just a symptom of the malaise afflicting Marvel.
You know how I'd Save Marvel? I know we've heard that movie writers turned comic writers were going to Save Comics, and before that it was graphic artists, and before that it was novelists, but let's face it, they have skill unsuited to the medium, the real writers just fill up every panel with extraneous dialogue and the arty farties don't know how to tell a story. I think the saviour won't come from outside the industry, and every time e trot old the Old Masters they just publicly crap themselves and seem primarily concerned with erasing their enemies work from continuity What I'd do is raid the top tier of webcomics, fanfiction and fucking Deviantart. I know, I know, but I'm talking the top 2% percentile, the ones who consistently confound you by actually being able to write and/or draw, despite being complete trainwrecks as human beings.
Jack writing Ghost Rider. Dresden Kodac on Iron Man. Penny Arcade on Nick Fury, etc. Use your imagination. You have to admit it'd be better than all this bullshit SJW pandering, Greg Land pornface, and rehashing old comics, but with no empathy for the characters that we see year after year. Just giving it to the next generation could get us out of the Plastic Age at last. As long as we can bully the little shits into meeting a deadline. The threat of real money should take care of that, as long as they don't self-destruct like Evan Dorkin and Uncle Ghastly, on the cusp of success.

Oh God I'm too drunk to post. Thak you spellchecker. TAXI!

EAT ME YOU CUNT!

wow love these superhero comics

Storm, you do know that he witnessed the man get punched so hard that it's difficult to explain what the hell happened to him.

Did his spine break? Did his organs get squished? Did he die within seconds? Was he unconscious while he died? How much protection did the armor provide? There are definitely broken bones in there, How many ways could he have been dying?

Yeah, but that doesn't mean she can't still have a good day!

I miss the days when people had a sense of humor

It would be cool to see a group of demigods and heroes from mythologies from all around the world teaming up to fight something done right. Is there any book like what I'm describing?

this is an actual medeival themed superhero? I thought this was some cosplay?

I want to see how the Brits would react to that since as far as I know the writers at Marvel are American. It'd be funny to see some ignorant American Marvel writer lecturing the British on their own politics.

I guess they were ok with Storm being the bride of Black Panther.

Here's a question that's been bothering me: Why is Riri always shown in the covers with a glowing circle on her chest? She doesn't have an arc reactor in there. I'm not even sure that present-day Tony has his arc reactor anymore (unless they retconned him not needing it for life support)

So it's either a transparent, desperate attempt to try and sell this character as being similar to Tony from the movies, to lure in normalfags who don't read comics.. Or they are going to cook up some bullshit excuse for her to need an arc reactor in her chest to really hammer on the "SHE'S JUST LIKE TONY (but better)" shit that they will inevitably do.

Villain actually.

In my opinion it wasn't a bad idea but, it was done very poorly. The break up was done even worse. Things when downhill after Priest's run.

Choosing side #4

I don't remember a lot about Power Pack but, was Julie always this much of a mom. Also what happened to Alex?

I guess you could say Cap went apeshit

You gonna storytime it, yo?

Don't worry Katie all you have to do is not be a lesbian and save yourself for marriage. Then you'll be the purest of all the Holla Forumsmic waifus.

End.

Next issue: CANADA!

Marvel's Canada is a lot more action packed that real Canada.

so its called choosing sides, but after reading this i dont have idea on which side is anyone. They are just sitting there, talking and doing irrelevent things

So to conclude, the Punisher doesn't give a shit, Power Pack don't really give a shit and Fury might be anti-Ulysses with Black Widow pro? I don't know, having a textless story in an issue that's supposed to tell us which sides people are on and why is kind of self-defeating.

Tony got his shrapnel out of his chest a loong time ago. He just uses the arc reactor to power his suit.

Because she was trying to win the case, user!

Jeeze, what's wrong with you alt-right shitlords, trying to hold people to what they say. Don't you know that words are for the now? What you say in the past doesn't matter because its in the past! It's in the past and old and stale. yesterday's news.

The exciting things are what you say NOW and holding people accountable for what they said in the past is RACIST and SEXIST. you just can't do that!

Remember, it's HER turn and what she did in the past didn't matter, its what hillary is talking about now that matters! there is no such thing as accountability you pissbaby manchild.

ironheart is, ironically, the name of a JAV porn parody of iron man.

yes you should only read what views and opinions the journalist feeds you. never read any kind of rebuttal or retort, you might be in danger of forming your own opinion.

were the powerpack always such dicks?
They destroyed somebodys hard work for no reason. Seriously, fuck them

That's what I meant. Unless they retconned it's removal, there's no reason for the Arc Reactor-ish glowing circle on the chest, which means they only reason they have slapped that on every cover is because they want to trick fans of the movies into buying their shitty forced diversity character.

Why isn't alex here? Why have they made julie a snide bitch? Why is Jack Justin Beiber? Why do they keep ruining the power pack?

Is it bad that I felt something was off even though I've never read Power Pack and only ever read a couple unrelated panels from their older comics?

Why is this comic so bad? What is the mindset of the people at Marvel these days?
twitter.com/TomBrevoort/status/768610454759415808
…. you gotta be fucking shitting me.

The odds of that being a joke are low aren't they?

This is probably the closest we're gonna have to a black Batman

I've never seen more copy and pastes in my life.