What's the consensus on fury road?

what's the consensus on fury road?
i initially didn't bother watching it due to everyone shitposting about feminist propaganda in it and how little mad max himself was in it
now i'm seeing all these cool scenes with the war boys and i'm wondering if it's worth watching

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=9_2sPkfPKwc
youtube.com/watch?v=ggkyN6pmVEg
youtube.com/watch?v=dWfFpdI4aaU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I didn't enjoy it. The action scenes were quite good, but the plot is utter garbage and it really spoils it. You may as well just play a video game.

max is relegated to being a side character in charlize therons story. He is just an object but the entire movie is a bait and switch. The movie initially makes you believe that max is the main character and then pulls the rug out from underneath you. Besides the plot being total shite the art style, action, and aesthetics are good.

I didn't see it either, but the action scenes looked enjoyable, and the memes were quality.
#JoeDidNothingWrong

The only thing the movie had was its visuals. As mentioned, the plot is garbage and the whole thing is a feminist project masquerading as an action flick. It's trash. Pretty-looking trash.

its decent. but considering how contrarian the board is, many said it was shit.
Then there was the whole Holla Forums spamming at the time forcing their shit memes that it (and along with Dredd) was feminist propaganda.
That said, it was made in a pretty unique way. I enjoyed it and would recommend it to others.

Nice meme, yourself. The script was written by a feminist. The whole movie was about le stronk crippled woman rescuing other women from le ebil patriarch.

Dredd, on the other hand, yeah, that was shitposting. Dredd was done right. But Furiosa: Max Road was a propaganda piece from the first day of inception.

I concur even though the movie itself revealed the fact that under female rule everything turns to shit. The old ladies turned their land into a radioactive swamp……. Then they brought these same fucking people to rule over immortan joes highly organized civilization to once again turn it into a radioactive swamp.

the game was better.

It was extremely enjoyable.
also doof warrior and his music is the shit

yeah but she completely failed and had to have max rescue her i dont see how thats propaganda in the slightest

What pisses me off more is how the movie is suppose to have kicked off. Not once was it ever explained or shown how Furiosa got those girls out of confinement, past all the guards, and into the tanker. The whole story falls apart right from the start and never once redeems itself.

Yep, nothing questionable there.

Its a fun light-hearted watch with friends if you don't take it too seriously

Stop this shitty meme, get off the board if you're too much of a pussy to handle your favorite movie being called out for what it really is:
Shit.

its not a meme if its reality

That's my point it's not real it's just a defense ass ravaged people use to defend their favorite movie after they get told it's shit because they have no real argument to defend it so they say "Hurr durr contratian."

You sound contrarian tbh

You sound retarded lol.

Atleast I didn't get trips

Solid effort, but it's no Mad Max 2.

Great visuals, nonsensical storytelling trying to push a retarded agenda. Also, Max is a side character.

Leftists are not known for their self-awareness. In their minds she doesn't fuck up, those old crones didn't ravage the green place, it was and always will be the fault of men.

For example, pic related is supposed to portray what a deranged, genocidal lunatic would sound like. See where I'm going with this?

There was a good image floating around with "Take what your enemy says - Parrot it - You win"

I never get it, but they do it all the time. They took the (( )) shit and just ran with it…for who knows why. To show pride? John Oliver even called his show Cucked Tonight or something. It's fucking weird man,

Well, why do you ask if you already know the answer?

They're mentally ill, don't look for logic in their actions, there is none to be had, it's all emotions all the time.

It's like when the fat kid makes fat jokes. The point is to take away the power, and encourage other people to stop doing it because you're already doing it yourself.

well it seems to fail for them.

reminder that jews in germany voluntarily put those armbands on and put signs up on their businesses showing everyone that they were jewish as a way to show solidarity and to "fight back"

These people can't help themselves, that take the gun out of your holster, put it in your hand and then stick it in their own mouths just waiting for you to pull the trigger

Remember that Cap is supposed to be the bad guy here.

great in the action department, i really don't think anyone can deny that. overall i would put it at either 2nd or 3rd best, here's my power rankings

road warrior > fury road = mad max > thunderdome

now as for all the WAHH FEMINISM shit, lemme be clear on this before all the other retards drop their one-sided bullshit (which i'm already too late on).

first, yes the accusations of feminism are 100% spot-on. pretty much the entire cast and crew acknowledged it. furiosa does a lot of shit. some lady from the vagina monologues did a bit of coaching to the five brides to give them an impression of rape/slavery life. george miller himself even states it's feminist.

however, it isn't feminist in the regard you might be thinking. the film simply treats its damsels like damsels, and its competent folk like competent folk. there is no crazy PATRIARCHY SCUM except for the "who killed the world?" line, and that gets swept under the rug because it isn't important and everything else going on catches your attention more.

now, here's the twist. for as much furiosa is seen doing on her own, max is constantly there to help her out and the two effectively form a symbiotic relationship. there's a bunch of furiosa saves max, then max saves furiosa scenes all the way to the end of the movie.

as for the "max is a side character in his own movie", first lemme say that this type of story is not new, and it will be done again in the future. second, and this is where fans seem to clash, is that max is somewhat of a side character in road warrior and thunderdome as well. he's an essential part of the story that's told, but never the main player, or at least not all the way through. the only time max was 100% the MC was the first film. this is not a debatable fact, this is pretty much straight from miller, who describes the 3 sequels as tales being told around a campfire more than actual legitimate events in the wasteland.

overall though, your best bet is to disregard Holla Forums and just watch the fucking movie. if you like it, great. if you don't, great. you're allowed to have your own opinions, don't let these cocksuckers berate you for that.

oh and i forgot to add, if you want fury road but without all the feminism and max as 100% mc, play the video game.

I see we're dealing with a special kind of retard with you. What exactly was Immortan Joe and his quest to get his breeding harem back? You know, the whole fucking plot of the movie?

Like the family patriarch gathering his army to get his female slaves back? Female slaves that got freed by his best warrior that just so happens to be the actual main character and a female?

Silly me, oh silly me, here I thought the movie was titled Mad Max: Fury Road, not Mad Max and Furiosa's Epic Road Adventure: Smash The Patriarchy Edition.

Confirmed for not watching the movies.

And here is where you cover goes away skinwalker. Did you honestly think your "it's totally feminism and do I fit in yet?" was fooling anyone?

3/10 you put on a good show

Consider suicide.

nah.

You can screech all you want, the movie is feminist drivel and you selectively ignoring evidence for it and misinterpreting this and the past movies does not change this fact.

i can see you missed the part where i wrote that the movie is feminist. gg and kys.

Is Trump uncucking Marvel? Whatever happened to #HailHydra?

Not that user, but here goes;

Joe is the despot his people need. He rations the resources, and makes sure the healthiest women are available to help build the human race.

Furiosa and the breeders want to be STRONK WOMYN but are by and large fucking useless and make things worse for themselves, and in the end, everyone else.

They escape, are nearly caught because Furiosa didn't have a plan beyond driving in one direction, and they are saved by, ta da, a man. Without Max, Furiosa would be dead immediately.

They get to that utopia, with the help of Max, who then points out they're walking into a trap. Then, surprise, the women in charge have completely ruined the utopia, and nothing grows there any more because the land is poisoned. Instead of doing something about it, or trying to find somewhere else and learn from their mistakes, they sit in the sand and whinge about MUH PATRIARCHY.

In the end, Furiosa is in her tower, looking down on the populace, firmly in control, and her first action dooms them all, as she wastes the last bit of water left in a torrent. Her, the breeders, and the old retards who fucked up utopia, all smile down at Max, believing that what they have done was completely correct. Does Max stick around? No, he just walks away, because he is the viewer, who realises that there's nothing worth staying for now these stupid cunts are in charge.

Yeah, the film has a feminists message, all about how feminists ruin everything because they're too fucking stupid to be in charge of anything or see that changing the delicate balance at all will result in complete failure.

The director clearly deflected all of the squeeling feminists early on in production, and they're too fucking stupid to realise what actually happened in the movie, sort of like you. All they saw was a woman in the cast and that was that.

Last point, you need to rewatch Road Warrior and Thunderdome. Max says a total of eight lines in Road Warrior, and all of them are "I just want some petrol."

And again, as people have said, leftists lack self-awareness. Just because you see the retarded plot holes in the premise does not mean they are there intentionally. For all intent and purposes the plot treats Joe as an evil tyrant that subjects his people to cruel misery, and not like the kind of ruler people need in such a savage age.

Same shit with Furiosa's first act as ruler. You see something completely different from what the people making the movie intended. It's meant to be an uplifting scene for the leftist zombies watching it. The women triumph over the patriarchy and usher a new age of plenty. This is a scene written for people that think the West can take an unlimited number of migrants from the Middle East and Africa.

I actually marvel you people are so fucking retarded to not realize your own biases despite the people making the fucking movie coming out and saying it's feminist.

fuk u mysoginist go bakc too /r9k/ u piec of shite

The movie would be better if they took the designs and ideas of The Citadel and applied them in an actual Mad Max movie.

History is written by the victor, user. These are camp stories.

I think you're just too triggered and bought into the hype. I went in ready to pick it apart, and the end result is so obvious that the fact you didn't pick up on it is distressing.

Achmed says he's Swedish, I guess he's Swedish.

my nigga

this guy was the whole movie

feminism: the movie

Good aesthetics, average action, boring plot

Feminists are pretty shit at propaganda tbh.

You got a source for that claim?

It could have been good, but it's really not. I was skeptical about Tom Hardy casting, but when movie introduced him, he was pretty great as Max. Max also had pretty great chemistry with Nux, to see him being wo pissed about being chained as blood bag, while Nux having time of his life, finally having an opportunity to give his life for a cause was a delight. When Max fought Furiosa and Nux helped him, I rooted for them way more than I would have rooted for Furiosa and the rest during theirs journey, because that moment of sudden teamwork felt way more genuine than all of the "stoic" boring dialogs paired with awkward silence between Furiosa and Max. Visuals are better than most of the popcorn shit that came out around that time, but they overdone it, "Road Warrior" and "Mad Max" grit look is better.

They may not be able to argue against your point, but if they can repeat it in a silly way, they can make you sound silly.

Nux is the only decently developed character in the movie. People go on and on about Furiosa stealing the show, but I thought she was pretty shallowly developed too.

Nux waking up and helping max in the fight even though at that point there would be no reason for them to work together was a really great moment. It's like Nux didn't think lowly of his bloodbag and happily cut the chain and gave him his jacket back. Even talking about how joe will probably reward him and max for returning the war rig.

The movie really should have been just nux and max being chained for the first quarter with them attempting to find any sign of life for assistance with them getting involved in a conflict in a small town or something.

That's because she did steal the whole movie, mostly because she has a vagina and the director is a cuckold.

She's a shitty, nonsensical character that serves no purpose. You could have replaced her whole role with Nux freeing all the slaves because he fell in love with one of them and then figuring out he hasn't got any real plan what to do with them.

This is not true, and won't be regardless of how many times people repeat it.

Also, Miller can try and revise history with his "campfire stories" crap, but when all you got to go on to assume that is *him telling you so in an interview* (as opposed to, say, the Narrator in RW), well, that is called *bad fucking writing*.

And has 95% of all the screentime.

Fucking witnessed!
The best scene out of Mad Maxi Pad

The framing device for Thunderdome was the grown-up head girl LITERALLY storytiming to the younger kids.

Not even trying / 10.

havent seen it yet lol

Yes, exactly.

And in Fury Road… what was it, again?

Yeah. That's what I'm saying.

See above.

The director can say whatever he wants; if it's not something that's in the actual move and the only way you could possibly know is him outright telling you, then he fucking fails at storytelling at its most basic.

Never mentioned feminism, don't give a shit either way. Fury Road's shit on several levels even without getting into that.

Oy vey. There is no pozz if the Marxist cretin pretends there's not.

Lolno. Try again.

No, genius, invoking Writing 101.

We're not arguing intent, we're arguing execution; and if it being a "campfire story" was something that was supposed to be a part of Fury Road, instead of a fucking cop-out because Miller couldn't be arsed with things like a timeline or a script that made a lick of sense, there should be something in it that indicated so, like RW's intro or Thunderdome's ending.

Pretty fun movie. Any feminist shit the media pushed wasn't really noticeable, although it was a bit off-putting that Max is basically a side character.
It's also the first and only Mad Max movie I've seen, so I wonder if that impacted my opinion at all.

congratulations, you passed the retard test, you got a score of potato and a half!

And how exactly would you structure the plot in a way that would leave more room for action?
Isn't that true of every Mad Max movie?

You do what Mad Max 2 did.

DO YOU SEE ME NOW TOECUTTER, DO YOU SEE ME.

Here's how every discussion about why the thread plays out:

-How can you say the movie wasn't feminist propaganda?
-They specifically say "men killed the world" like five times.
-But she's one of the protagonists, and it was spraypainted on their walls, and all the women said it, and they also say shit like "our sons will not be soldiers.
-They met a colony of hippie feminists in the desert whose entire mode of operation is luring men to their death.
-Eve Ensler was brought in as a fucking script consultant.
-The author of the Vagina Monologues. The feminist who specifically wrote "the little coochie snorcher that could" about how rape was bad if a man did it but beautiful, good and transformative if a lesbian did it.
-She gave an interview with fucking Time Magazine where she outlines how the entire fucking film is feminist propaganda. The studio chose to have her advertise the movie this way, and none of them have come out to disagree with her since.
-Here's a picture of the god damned article you autistic halfwit. Fucking Movies.com had a positive review of the movie titled "death to the patriarchy"

Only fags from Holla Forums bother to think about and mention Holla Forums. The rest of us have lives, shitposting.

When this meme will end?

It's excellent. People praising it or slamming it for feminism are pretty much just projecting their own bullshit on it.

All I hear is "reeeee" and butthurt.

Underrated post

There are better movies to watch, but it's also more enjoyable than a lot of the bullshit that Hollywood comes out. Action scenes are great, not so much on the storyline/strenk wymn narrative.

Everyone complains (or praises it) about it being a feminist movie but in reality it was antifeminist. What first tipped me off to this was how in the end, when the women are victorious they literally spill the entire nationstate's water supply into the dry desert sand.
The escapees say they don't want their children to become warlords so they instead opt for a short, harsh existence in the wasteland (if they're lucky) and one of the pregnant women + fetus die in the process. The "Green Place" that's run by women is pathetic. The entire population appears to be crusty 60+ year old infertile women.
I don't see how anyone could think this was a feminist movie. If it was meant to be then whoever wrote it must be extremely mentally deranged to portray their ideology this way.

I don't get it either. Claiming the movie was feminist was part of the marketing, but in the movie, leaving the traditional female role only leads to misery and hardship for women and everyone else.

I'm genuinely not sure whether you're just so painfully retarded you don't get it, or you're just a feminist yourself unwilling to acknowledge that your ideology carried to it's logical conclusion is fucking retarded.

I'm leaning towards the latter since your retarded defense of the movie is "They can't be feminists, THEY WERE DUMB!"

Go back to school. Maybe they still teach basic literature analysis for first graders. You might pick up a few things.

Well, you've just confirmed you're autistic, and as we've demonstrating feminists have autism, so… feminist apologist confirmed?

You have some serious reading comprehension issues.

First of all, I wasn't defending the movie. I was only telling it how I saw it. If you read my entire post you would have read the part that said

Secondly, I never said the characters weren't feminist. My entire point was that their feminism only lead to death, pain and destruction for everyone involved. The fact that you actually think I am a feminist for pointing out flaws in feminism is pretty amazing.

you are underestimating how braindead people are. The tact in hollywood has always been dual appeal. To overtly appeal to the rabble and covertly signal those with the wit to notice. Thats the kinda movies they've been releasing lately. Yet we tend to self isolate from other outgroups so most dont get to compare notes anymore.

I feel like more people should have noticed this by now.

So ? I know you have issues and can't state it directly, but this is an anonymous shitposting forum, so no need feel shy about your autism.

Well, let's go back and check.

So, this is you saying the movie can't possibly be feminist despite what the writer and director say. But wait, what brilliant reasons did you give?

Feminists doing something dumb and thinking short term.
Feminists being unrealistic and oblivious to the world they live in.
Feminists being unrealistic (and don't forget, the reason for the world being infertile is repeatedly stated to be "men killed the world")

Or… a feminist.

So maybe it's not so much a reading comprehension as a "your argument is terrible" issue?

You're saying that your personal interpretation is more valid than the hundreds of people actually involved in the project, and suggesting that you learned about film study in the first grade. Any way you slice it, that's a retarded thought.

You really are raging retard.

Who said anything about a character? You keep saying dumber and dumber things. Eve Ensler wasn't a character in the movie, she was a writing consultant brought in by Miller specifically because she's an insane feminist.

We're back to that "no matter how many times you repeat it, it's not going to get less retarded" thing. Do you have an actual argument, or are you just going to autistically stomp up and down and pretend your views supersede those of everyone involved in the production?

At this point I think you're being intentionally obtuse.
and were able to understand my point fine.

You pretty much reinforce my point for me when you relist my reasons and agree with me on each of them.

Usually when a movie has a political agenda they will portray their ideology in a positive way. Fury Road portrays feminism in a negative way. I am simply saying that if it was intended to propagate feminism, it did such a terrible job the creators must have something seriously wrong with them.

They do, it's called feminism. That was the entire point of the post you're pretending you didn't understand. Your entire argument reinforces that it's a feminist film.

Read reviews of the film by feminists, they all say it has a happy, hopeful ending. Read up on amygdala development, feminists can't think long-term. They just see the water as being freed to the people, they can't think about it running out, they just assume there will be more or live in the moment.

Your entire argument proves it's a feminist film.

I almost thought you were serious with the raging autism shtick. This is pretty much on the level of claiming that American History X was advocating neo-nazism.

If one of the writers gave an interview with Time in which they said it was a "secret pro-nazi drama film" then what you just said wouldn't be completely dishonest and retarded.

Your argument is that marketing decides what the movie was about. Do you think the director claiming the movie is a masterpiece means it is a masterpiece? Deal with your rage issues and try not to get perbetually triggered by the existance of feminism.

No fuckwit, the people making the movie decide what the movie is about. You didn't make the movie, you haven't provided anything in the way of a counter argument. You're wrong, you lost, grow the everloving fuck up and deal with it. Your every line is a strawman.

"Writer of the film" reworded to "just marketing".

"people who made the film saying what it's about" rewarded to "describing it as a masterpiece".

So you're admitting you're a feminist and your real issue is that the movie serves as an example for how dumb your ideology is?

You have no coherent arguments and you get triggered like a pissbaby. I'm going to use tumbler insults to trigger you more, you cis shitlord.

You're the one pretending not to understand my post. I don't even disagree with what you're saying and yet you continue this hostile attitude. Feel free to reread my posts in order to fully understand them if you really wish to. You obviously get off on angry internet arguments when you're trying so hard to make this into one.

And yet you've lost every single one, and you're reduced to "Waaah, waaah, I'm gonna say mean words and make this all about you!"

I'm sure you're very familiar with them.

Hostile? You mean like…

That seems pretty hostile to me. If you're not disagreeing, then why all the butthurt?

Like any microdicked male, your masculinity is too fragile to accept the existance of equality advocating ideologies even when potrayed negatively. Time to leave your mother's basement and man up.

Uh-huh.

Feminism isn't even the biggest problem with Fury Road.

You wish he was… As points out, Captain is supposed to be in the wrong because said comic ends with him planning to tear down American society and install a fascist dictatorship in its place. Sounds like Holla Forums's dream, but Cap is not supposed to be viewed in the right by the libshit writer or the average normalfag.

How does it feel knowing your president is a beauty pageant owner who trades in wives for newer models when they get too old? How does it feel knowing there will never EVER be another degenerate faggot mongrel in the white house again? How does it feel knowing your pussy pedastal ilk are already consigned to the dustbin of history, lolcows for literally every demographic except fellow beta males and fat dykes? Guessing it feels pretty shitty.

Can't make this shit up.

I don't think you know what words mean…

Holla Forumstards throw the crypto-kike label at pretty much anything, but when it's their favorite orange octogenarian, everything is just 4D chess.

Looks like rulecuck just cannot abide any threads that aren't bitching about Trump and Holla Forums.
For someone who hates these things so much, you sure do like talking about them.

Crypto-kike is a kike that pretends not to be a kike, dipshit.
Trump isn't a kike, he's a goy.

You have no idea what you're talking about do you

Trump is doing a shit job keeping his kikeness hidden.

This.

There's all of this before even getting into that:

youtube.com/watch?v=9_2sPkfPKwc
youtube.com/watch?v=ggkyN6pmVEg
youtube.com/watch?v=dWfFpdI4aaU

Trying to twist words that have well established meanings makes you look like a retard tbh

Worshipping a well established Jew is pretty retarded too tbh

He's not Jewish though.
Why must you act retarded?
There's so much shit about the man you could make fun of and here you are telling lies that nobody buys.

Was a misogynist film, Mad Max beat 5 females with Nux as a dead weight and fix everything to then.

Personally, I found the entire film to be very dissatisfying. The action wasn't violent enough, they took the world too far from reality, the villain wasn't really in the wrong except for when he used Max as a mobile blood bank, and the plots where way too generic. It had terrific world building, and some great cinematography, but if it wasn't for Mad Max 3, I would rate this one the lowest.

the cuck in the white house is the most embarrassing thing to happen to this country, ever.

It lacked Mad Mel.

And it took itself way too seriously. Even the original had it campyness.

Thunderdome was way better.