Black Panther 1998 Storytime

As promised Christopher Priest's Black Panther aka the best Black Panther run. You will not be disappointed, hopefully.

Other urls found in this thread:

readcomics.tv/comic/black-panther-1998
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

First we start with half truths of an eventful evening from our likable loser character.

Criminals are a superstitious cowardly lot. Also if someone wants to give you the first shot it's usually a bad idea to follow up.

Wakandagate?

We now have Mephisto ladies and gentlemen.

What third world country do I need to invade to correct this mistake?

Does he really seem like he would bowl?

The price of pants have really skyrocketed over the years.

No respect for authority these days.

Interracial tag-team on bikini babes in mud pit. Nice.

Remember if you're a superhero that wears black you're also a ninja who appears without a sound.

Jesus Bob, you a crazy motherfucker. But I guess it's really the parent's fault for raising such a whore of a daughter.

Pants-ception.

Those pesky laws. I'm not saying he needed to die but, he needed to die very painfully.

The cover now makes sense.

Does he speak in the voice of the person he's imitating or his own?

Was BP better with or without the cape?

Toaster fish sticks.

Never ending pants.

I wouldn't call myself a fan of Black Panther, in fact I was never really that into the character at all.

But this book is fun. No race politics bullshit, no virtue signaling. Just pure cape comic fun.

This Ross character would normally irk me for being the poor little white boi, but Priest has him as a fully realized character and not a stock stereotype to put down as a middle finger to the white man. It's refreshing when an author puts the story and characters ahead of politics.

Remember when humor in comics was actually good? Remember when writers didn't fall back on memes and lolsorandom?

Anyway, topkek.

Killing the devil huh. I'm no expert but, wouldn't that require some holy relic or something.

If he puts the heart in the pickle jar does that make them deviled pickles?

You have no power here witch.

You'll be fine you're just surrounded by freaky shit.

The first of many attempts to steal vibranium.

Take it, take it all.

It was all an illusion and this is where I stop.

Welp, this explains a lot.

Fuck yeah, Tagalog!

Did a 10 ft tall Wakandan just tackle a half dozen women in a mudpit?

This book is fucking brilliant.

Where is Yakub?

Tricked into making out with an underaged girl… story of my life.

The "We Wuz" meme would normally piss me off because of how uppity the afro-centrists are, but their bullshit is so absurd I can't help but kek.

Yakub is love.

Where you stop for now… right? I mean, just taking a break, right?

Sorry but, here's a link to the full run.

readcomics.tv/comic/black-panther-1998

I wonder who is more batshit insane, the Black Muslims or the Black Hebrews?

And if the Jews were black, and so were the Egyptians, does that mean they kicked themselves out of Egypt?

First off, super glad you did this. I read Ross's wiki entry b/c I was investigating minor named characters in the Civil War movie for connections and references, and it sounded so bizarre.

Can anybody summarize how this turns out? She's not really evil, right? That'd be a pretty big retcon for the post New52 Secret Wars Panther series.

It turns out that Black Panther knew that a coup was going to happen all along and so had his Mum pretend to join in the coup as a double agent to try and keep things in Wakanda under control or something like that. Achebe eventually gets bored of things being somewhat stable and bashes her over the head so he can get control of Wakandas giant Panther robots and use them on the populace.

do they explain how all the other races were created and how this fits in their worldview?

Yeah, Yakub bred all the blackness out of black people and created whites, all the other races were early models, except for gorillas which were whites trying to breed themselves black again.

Of course there are UFO cultists who say that blacks are the result of aliens fucking gorillas.

I've been seeing this Yakub guy posted a lot lately… is he public domain, and does he already have comics?

The great thing about both conspiracy nuts and religions, is that by passing their OCDONOT STEALs off as reality, they effectively negate any claim they have to copyright.
So, Yakub, Xenu, Deros, they's all public domain. Knock yourself out, but remember what happened to Malcolm X when he tried to remove Yakub from Black Muslim dogma.
Yeah, there's a reason currently-worshipped gods are exempt from having Marvel Comics like Thor.

Of course, Nexus had God Con One, with Jesus, Buddha, JHVH, and even Mohammad, but no-one reads good comics, so no-one cared.

Isn't Priest the guy who insisted on Black Panter and Storm getting married, despite them having no contact for like 30 real-world years?

And then had them quote some godawful hip-hop "song" to discuss their relationship?

So the little research I did (which was just to wiki him) says he was a ancient scientist who created the white race. Now, I have an idea of how to work that into a few short comic ideas, but are there any other things I should know? Obviously I'm open to changing things up as needed. But since he created whites, is he the "bad guy" to the Nation of Islam?

If I make the comic, I'll share it here, it won't be long and I'll half ass it anyway. Not like I can take credit for it without some zealot killing me anyway, so it would just be a fun project.

You should read this amazing book so you can appreciate the way sports represents racial politics. I can't remember if she involves the Yakub theory, but she well might.

Nope, that's Reggie Hudlin.

Fuck Reggie Hudlin.

I mainly just want to know about Yakub as a character. I have a very specific reason for him creating whites, and how it relates to another character.

the art is so much fucking better than what marvel is coming up with these days.

Storytimer?

Can we please have more put on here? This is glorious.

I wouldn't mind seeing some Jungle Action, or the Kirby run, or the one where Panther fights the Klan.