==Rattlesnakes and Vampire Bats are better parents and neighbors than niggers==

Recent studies have shown that animals previously considered to be utterly asocial actually exhibit strong social skills similar to humans, bordering on genuine altruism and sense of community.

Q: In your work, you’ve found that some snake species actually spend quite a bit of time together. One of your current studies1 explores the idea that some members of rattlesnake families maintain close ties. Can you tell us more about that?

A:In rattlesnakes well-studied enough to know, families stay together until the babies have shed their skin for the first time – ~7-14 days after birth[old enough to hunt for their own food]. And in the few species we’ve investigated, it doesn’t stop there. Timber rattlesnake (C. horridus) juveniles and adult females tend to associate more closely with their relatives at communal dens and rookeries (gestation/birthing sites)2. In our work with Arizona blacks, we’ve observed that many babies end up at their mother’s den (we’ve never observed one at a different den) and continue to associate the following spring.

Q: You’ve observed3,4 mother rattlesnakes protecting and caring for their young. What are some of the ways in which they do this?

A: Newborn rattlesnakes are much smaller and less wary of threats than adults, so the simplest form of care mothers do is to be present (or watching nearby) when babies are on the surface. When the babies are very young (~1-3 days), mothers tend to keep them very close and will herd them back if they move away. If the nest is threatened, the mother will employ the usual rattlesnake defenses: posturings, rattling, and probably striking/biting if it escalates that far (not something I’ve personally tested ). Greene and colleagues previously documented similar behavior in other rattlesnake species. Like other animals, their behavior develops: babies become less naive and mothers less protective during that 1-2 week period.

Q: You’ve also found6 that rattlesnakes will help “babysit” the offspring of other rattlesnakes. What do the snakes do when looking after these other young?

A: Except for threatening potential predators, we have observed babysitters doing everything we’ve observed in mothers. Whether they don’t defend, or we haven’t observed it yet, we don’t know (haven’t tested it). Unless the babysitter is a male or still-pregnant female, genetic testing is required to determine if it’s babysitting, so this behavior has likely been observed more often than we think.

T. animalcognition.org/2016/01/12/interview-with-snake-behavior-researcher-melissa-amarello/ with additional sources therein

On mutual attraction between parent and offspring

The researchers tested 16 rattlesnake families by putting the mother in one side of a terrarium and the offspring in the other. To see whether the youngsters were drawn to the mother, the researchers connected the compartments with a tube lined with rows of nails. The little snakes could fit between the rows of nails, but the mothers couldn't. By the third afternoon, 84 percent of the newborns were in the mother's compartment, May and his colleagues reported in 2002.

To see whether mothers were attracted to their young, May and his colleagues divided a terrarium in two with a cardboard partition low enough for an adult snake to cross but too high for the babies to manage. In the experiment, more than half the adult snakes climbed over to their young. Eight stayed there throughout the experiment, and four others made multiple trips. Of the 23 barrier crossings, 18 went toward the side of the babies.

Yes, there is a mutual attraction, the researchers concluded.

T. phschool.com/science/science_news/articles/social_lives_snakes.html

Other urls found in this thread:

news.nationalgeographic.com/2015/11/151117-vampire-bats-blood-food-science-animals/
socialbat.org/2013/02/24/vampire-bats-will-feed-trapped-individuals-through-a-cage-wall/
archive.is/d5NGj
archive.is/ABekX
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

(Continued)

Altruism within bat communities

[They] also live in tightly knit communities in which multiple unrelated females regularly band together, perhaps providing their pups—and each other—with body warmth and protection from predation. Vampire bats care for their their young for nine months—a long time relative to other bats, which usually become independent in about a month. (See "The Vampires That Feed on Vampires.")

It doesn't end there. Female vampire bats also help out their friends by sharing regurgitated blood with bats unlucky enough to score a meal. Consider it an on-the-fly insurance policy: If a vampire bat misses two nightly meals in a row, it will starve.

A classic example of what's called reciprocal altruism—helping another so they'll help you—this phenomenon has impressed scientists ever since University of Maryland biologist Gerald Wilkinson first reported it in the 1980s.

t. news.nationalgeographic.com/2015/11/151117-vampire-bats-blood-food-science-animals/

Vampire Bats will feed trapped individuals

After first observing that wild vampire bats will feed unfed individuals inside their roosts, Wilkinson began inducing food sharing by keeping a bat from feeding overnight, first in the wild and then in captivity. For the past couple of years, I have been doing similar trials many times with captive vampire bats at the Bat Zone in Bloomfield Hills, Michigan. This has allowed me to map out the food-sharing network in a group of common vampire bats with varying relatedness but that all know each other equally. One of the things that surprised me is that the majority of the donors approach the hungry bats, not vice versa. This led me to believe that food sharing could not be explained as merely a response to harassment, something which you sometimes see in primates.

T. socialbat.org/2013/02/24/vampire-bats-will-feed-trapped-individuals-through-a-cage-wall/

TL;DR: animals that lack the sophistication of the humanoid form, commonly considered vermin display more readiness to take care of their own kind than the common nigger, even in species lacking a neocortex such as snakes.

Niggers BTFO'd by Nature once again!

Addendum: Kek himself proves to be a superior father.

What a wonderful video. Praise Kek.

Really heartwarming.

upboated

Reminder that cockroaches are also extremely social and family-oriented creatures.

Sing a prayer in their name.

Such an ugly insult to compare them to turks, they don't deserve the association at all.

Fun fact, the majority of SFX used for Yithans in the Call of Cthulhu series comes from recordings of Cockaroach brainwaves, which is pretty freaky, considering Yithan brain projection sent their future conciousness into Earth roaches.

Lovecraft knows some of his shit.

Link please, that's fascinating.

Infact I think Roach brainwaves were used in one of the Half Life Games also.

It's that clickity clack noise and that noise that sounds identical to those magnets that were advertized as alien pod things douring the 2000's when advertisments were fun to watch and made me go to argos.

But as for the Roach brainwaves, you could probably fidn a recording on it just by looking for it, failing that, hunt for those control the cockaroach's movement with your iphone guys.

Call me when niggers are lower than cockroaches. Only then will I be surprised.

NEVER FUCKING MIND

I never would have expected that of rattlesnakes.

Misunderstood in current culture, that is.

I-is this what kek does with us?
He sees what is happening in the world is slowly killing us, so he digs a "channel" for us too swim trough and survive.

That was beautiful

Fuck.

Cute.

It's our peoples' biggest genetic flaw. It, and creativity, are the biggest difference between us and East Asians. It's the reason why we're infested with third world filth, who we protect and defend them at our own demise, while they lead genetically pure nations. It's the worst thing that ever happened to our people.

Altruism is literally any action you take for the sake of a community, a culture and the future of your race/nation/etc. rather than yourself. To forsake altruism altogether is to forsake good altogether.

A lot of the tadpoles ended up dying in the process

I'd say natural selection, but they were all over the place and some got more or less buried.

Do frogs build walls?

Oh, but don't you remember, niggers are a part of our community and race. The human race! A global community! One thing Holla Forums did was make me hate most white people. Especially white women (and Swedish people in general, I hate them as much, if not more than niggers now). Overly empathetic filth, damning the future of my family and the good white people. It is most definitely a genetic flaw to be altruistic to this drastic extent. It's like white people get high on destroying the future for white children so they can secure it for black and brown children.

Even the vast majority of primates care for their young, if not communal young. Niggers devolved from apes.

Yes. Pathologic altruism must be killed.

A lot of people won't take the red pill

You know every idea a human has isn't necessary genetic, infact not too long ago the swedes were big fans of racial hygene. Even practicing eugenics.

Holy fuck boys.

PRAISE KEK

Blame Christians . No seriously.
During the Christian conversion eras the early Catholic Church had to struggle against the prominent practice of serpent worship.

Shhhhh you'll trigger the christfags.

Easter was a pagan holiday for the goddess of fertility who's name was Eoster. Took the form of a rabbit.

Christmas was Yule, the time of fornicating and sacrifice to breathe life back into the forest.

Nooooooo they'll be coming running! Maybe next you will mention solstice too? Oh my god that's too problematic for christfags. You'll kill us all!

Guys, guys, this may have already been discovered but
In Malaysia there is a temple called: Kek Lok Si
this translates to "Temple of Supreme Bliss".
KEK IS SUPREME BLISS

archive.is/d5NGj

If faggots cant handle facts its their problem. This is a comfy nature/science thread. I miss the science threads

That is where we of asian blood can come in. Lack of empathy is a useful thing.

hes a pretty big guy

Ay man, dem rattlesnakes ain't even do nuffin. People just be hatin becuz dey afraid of a strong rattlesnake

Feel free to make some. I'm too stupid to look for that stuff myself.

Snek mom is of course best mom.

There's no reason why they'd only stick to one side, you know.

We're in Holla Forums of all places, anyone who's been here for a while should've grown immunity to triggers and banter.

How 'bout that.

PRAISE FROG
REMOVE SNEK

But why not both?

Must I remind you?

Leave the self-pleasure for elsewhere, please.

You can't so that, Kek's wife Keket is a snek.

Kill urself.

Holy shit watch out everyone, we've got the master of rhetoric in the thread laying down some hard persuasion.

Who are you quoting?

archive.is/ABekX

The site glitched.
I got a 'server took too long' error and the page hung on 'updating', then when I reloaded the page, the No. was doubled up, with the second having an additional '>'.
I didn't notice my post had one, too.

My original question still stands.

Polite sage for off-topic.

It links to Moesgaard Museum's wikipedia page. I use archive.is because links from here get tracked.

Cool: Something to add to the list for when I visit Denmark!

Its a pretty good place to be honest. A ton of pre-christian information too. Which of course is very rare.

The "chan" actually does come from "channel".
The thing that inspired chans was 2ch, and the "ch" in that stands for "channel".

Eerie, isn't it?

KEK LOVES US ALL
EVEN THE CHRISTARDS

The beginning is the ending and the ending is beginning, that's what it means to come full circle.

DONT CALL THE STUPID CHRSTKIKES
they will derail the thread again with their endless rubbish

There has to be at least one in the wreckage, user.

fuck man, you are so obvious with your false flag shill. stupid kike

Niggers being shitty parents thread?

Apologies for lack of webm.

PRAISE KEK

Yes, Kek is digging the 8th channel for us so that we may swim into the pool of eternal memes.

Have we started the fire?

YesThe fire rises!

Pretty roaches thread?

Is it wrong for me to love the animal? Not in a sexual way, just no. I just do because I find them to be cool. The mother nature is amazing.

Rattlesnakes are literally better creatures than niggers.

Allot of great people loved animals

Capped for posterity.

Kek'd, and indeed.

use the grab feature on the site nigger.

comments

Never thought would feel bad for stomping a cockroach. Feels bad man.

Comments never cease to amuse

YES
PRAISE KEK

(KEK'D)

Snek is Kek's wife, so of course she is best mom

Go deeper.

Bumping with more frog videos.

Notice how quickly he attacks the brown filth?

i cri everitiem