Cartoons you didn't watch when you were younger and now regret it

I never watched Godzilla TAS as a kid and only started watching it a couple years ago on Netflix. It was pretty good. I feel bad though because I'm a Godzilla fan and it was on when I was a kid but I never watched it. I was too busy watching Pokemon and Digimon.
Do you guys have any cartoon you didn't see but was on when you were a kid and you regret not watching it?

Other urls found in this thread:

kissanime.to/Anime/Samurai-Pizza-Cats/Episode-001?id=34752
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Does Samurai Pizza Cats count? I could never manage to watch it.

Daria, for that matter. I watched some of it but not as much as I'd have liked.

I don't know what Samurai Pizza Cats are. I kind of regret not watching Daria. I was young at the time but hearing about it now it sounds really good. Same with Duckman.

For whatever reason, I barely had interest in any action oriented cartoons as a kid. I missed all of the good super hero shows, Samurai Jack, The Ghostbusters cartoons. Oddly enough I did watch that Godzilla show though.

Kids anime that had a famously hilarious dub which was the result of the translators literally not getting scripts to the show, so they had to come up with dialogue to go with the footage.

Funny I never saw the Ghostbusters cartoon. Then again I was born in 1994 so maybe I was too late for it.

any videos of this?

I've seen all this hubbub and praise about Batman TAS, but since I didn't have a TV as a kid I couldn't watch it.

Did you ever get to watch it later in life?

I was born a little late to watch the original when it first aired, but I remember it being repeated quite often, and Ghostbusters Extreme was 97.

SPC was such a happy discovery for me. I used to get up early just to watch that in whatever weirdass time slot they shoved it into.

If you've got twenty minutes, you might as well just watch one.

>kissanime.to/Anime/Samurai-Pizza-Cats/Episode-001?id=34752

By a happy coincidence, this is one of those shows where the pilot is actually one of the pretty good episodes.

Oh, and sorry about the quality.

Although I've heard that you can find DVDs of the show… And that they're not really that much better. This is more or less the quality that the originals were produced, aired and released in.

But yeah- it's a great laugh. Aside from them almost completely changing the details of the setting and the tone of the show, the writing constantly takes the piss out of the animation itself, is filled with as many puns and pop culture references as the writers could think of, contains some really contrived explanations for Japan-specific things happening on screen that wouldn't make any sense to American children, and the guy singing the intro song is literally drunk as he's doing it (you can even hear him fuck up one of the lines and start laughing).

I have no idea, I haven't watched many cartoons that I hadn't watched as a kid. There's SpongeBob which I saw a few episodes of when I was younger and thought nothing of it, but I don't regret not growing up with it because I feel I wouldn't have appreciated the humour then as I do now.

They were correct about pretty much everything. We're living a lot of the hell that they ranted about in the show.

They did kind of go back on that shit in later episodes and were notorious for knowing jack shit about guns yet getting super asshurt about those who owned them. Same thing with the Critic really.

I also only sat down and watched that when it came to Netflix, and was surprised by just how good it was. Especially since I fucking hated the 98 movie. The cartoon did a much better job portraying the returning characters as adults, and Zilla Jr. was way fucking tougher than the movie Zilla. They even got Monster Island up and running in the series, it was great.

I didn't really get into the D&D cartoon until I was an adult. I assumed it was shit before then, but they started showing it one day on tv again. I caught a few episodes, and loved it. The writing and voice acting all just came together, and the older style of cartoon writing meant all the characters made sense. I found they were releasing it all on dvd for a decent price, so I picked it up and watched it all. I still recommend The Dragon's Graveyard as an episode people should watch, since it deals with the kids deciding to kill Venger so they can finally go home. The part where they breakdown after their opening defeat feels perfect, like that's how they felt EVERY TIME their way home was taken from them at the last moment. Having them written just as the frustrated and angry kids they logically would be at that moment fit with everything and actually moved the series forward a lot.

t. Redneck

eh gays got guns too like the pink pistols.

Makes sense considering that the people writing the english version don't have access to any context for the original. (and apparently no one who knew enough Japanese)

Yes stay away from guns please, god forbid you come close to anything remotely masculine.

A real man would have a sword, cuck.

whatever you say fedora

You really like to be in close company with masculine objects don't you faggot?

A lot of the early '00s Disney shows.

do you regret not watching them?

And the people who own European style swords tend to be even worse. (and even heavier)

That is the topic of the thread.