From /fit/ to /fat/ and back

I used to be a relatively fit guy in highschool but I had a little pudge on me. Then I got fatter and fatter throughout the years and now I'm starting to plan out my routine at home to be in better shape than when I was 16.
Any other fatties like me trying to get into shape and/or any /fit/ guys with advice

Yeah man. Don't think you ever too old

Used to have 6 pack and huge biceps back in HS 16-19yo

Then college really did a number on me. Got fat as fuck

Blimped up to around 230/240

Started exercising around 24/25yo but never really stuck to anything. If I just committed to ONE THING I could have lost all the weight within a year

But I did random shit and never excluded anything from my diet. Ate like crazy still

But I just turned 29 and down to 172. 12 more pounds to lose and I'll be back to my HS weight minus the 6 pack and huge biceps

Feel amazing (well amazing compared to being 240)

Yes. Became a real fat ass in recent months. I'm sweaty and uncomfortable all the fucking time. It adds to the depression which caused it in the first place.
Starting tomorrow I'm eating tiny meals for 3 days to kickstart my detox. Also green juices with brocolli, spinach, lemongrass and apple (for some flavour) to get all the bad shit out of my system.
Fruit is okay but eat mostly veg.
Eat your fruit, juice your veg.

Gym is awesome but maybe boring for some so a sport you like would be better. I hate all sports so gym and running are my only options.

I play basketball recreationally so I'm planning on using that when I can't do my routine in my house because I absolutely refuse to pay for a gym membership and have no clue how to use most of the machines there so I'll stick to traditional running and lifting

you do you, fam, but you don't know how to use the machines? Not a big deal. Instructors are always there to help.

Pretty much same thing happened to me. I started lifting about 2 years ago with a little bit of cardio thinking I would be able to lose weight, but didn't change my diet. I got strong, but stayed fat. I weighed myself for the first time in a really long time 6 weeks ago. I was 245. Starting that day I got on a strict diet, not eating more than around 1500 calories. Changed my lifting routine from a 3 day routine to 6 days, started doing cardio every single day instead of every other day. In the 6 weeks since I started doing this I've lost over 12 pounds. I still gain/maintain muscle, but I'm burning fat at a decent pace.

Not talking psychological bullshit. Or mental hardships. Or abuse or emotional trauma. I literally mean what were you eating so much of that made you fat?

1.Chips
2.Cheese
3.WholeMilk/Soda

Those were easily my 3 things. Multiple bags of chips everyday. Adding cheese on top of everything that I ate (even chips) and drinking cups upon cups of soda or whole milk when I ran out of soda.

I didn't even go on a diet. I just stopped consuming those 3 things and the weight just melted off. Hard part is not adding cheese to everything >.

NEET?

chips, pizza, ice cream, energy drinks, candy, alcohol, soda

Yeah

God damn. I rapidly became a fat ass but that's extreme.
My things were

What's really odd is that I lost the will to cook when things got shitty for me. I'm a pretty decent cook actually.

Favorite ice cream?
Favorite pizza? How often we talking about?

Gym is the best thing for a NEET to chase away that feeling of being a useless piece of shit.
Speaking as someone who recently came out of NEETdom.

Would you eat them as a "reward" if you did something throughout the day

Or you just ate them because you were bored?

Nope. Boredom.
Snacking on shit while playing vidya. Escapism.

Whatever ice cream my parents had around. Usually mint chocolate chip, or vanilla with lots of chocolate syrup on top. I used to eat whole hot n ready pepperoni pizzas from little caesers at least once a week. During the summer I was eating ice cream almost every day.

It is really nice to lift 6 days a week, add in cardio every day and it feels pretty damn good. Started taking creatine recently, shit is amazing. Crank out extra sets while lifting easily. Still feel pretty shitty most of the time, but I feel better than when I was doing absolutely nothing.

Since my mom is in need of constant monitoring for health conditions (not life threatening but very painful) and is staying with me, she buys a lot of fast food and pastries with an occasional fruit and vegetable thrown in there only to never be used. I don't like burgers so I opt for chicken sandwiches instead, that or a burrito from tacobell. I used to eat large bowls of cereal twice a day and 4 slices of wheat bread with an 8oz cup of whatever juice we had. Overall I just ate large portions of unhealthy and healthy foods

I can't stand the smell of chocolate and I don't eat candy. Havent had either since I was a kid

wait…

you just eat slices of bread by themselves???

god dam what kinda bread u buy? i NEVER had bread that good that I'd eat it by itself

kek

I used to do that shit too. Too lazy to make a sandwich just grab a couple slices of bread to munch on. The Country Oven whole wheat bread is what I ate. Or sometimes my parents would buy these loaves of bakery bread: sourdough, asiago cheese bread, etc. Just rip off pieces of that and eat bread all day.

Lmfao that's not my reasoning but that was hilarious. I didn't mind making a sandwich or two, it's just sometimes we didn't have all the ingredients like if we had bread and cheese, we didn't have any lunch meats or if we had lunch meats and cheese we had no bread.

Just plain old Sara Lee's

I ate like crazy as a kid. When I was 14 I weighed like 234 lbs then all of a sudden my weight dropped to 212 lbs. Didn't change my diet and the doctor said it wasn't diabetes. When I was 17 I got fatter at almost 240, now I'm around 224 I think, but I'm going to a gym.

In the past 2 years the heaviest I've been is 236 (now) and the smallest I've been is 186 (a year and a half ago) haven't changed my diet, just less days to actually do stuff outside