Deborah Lipstadt: Is Donald Trump’s Inadvertent Anti-Semitism Worse Than the Real Thing?

Deborah Lipstadt: Is Donald Trump’s Inadvertent Anti-Semitism Worse Than the Real Thing?

Is Donald Trump a committed anti-Semite? I don’t think so. This is a man who is exceptionally proud of his daughter, a traditional Jew who is giving her children a solid Jewish education. His son-in-law, upon whose advice he increasingly leans, is an Orthodox Jew. This is not the profile of an anti-Semite. I also think that the comparisons between Trump and Hitler are way over the top.

But he may, in fact, represent something far more dangerous. He may be what I call “the inadvertent anti-Semite” — the person who, while not a hater of Jews, has internalized some of the most pernicious stereotypes about Jews.

Consider Trump’s tweet last week featuring an image of Hillary Clinton in front of piles of money with a six-pointed star next to her; emblazoned on it were the words “Most Corrupt Candidate Ever.” Originating with a group that has a long history of posting racist, anti-Semitic messages, it was intended to associate Clinton with crooked Jews. Some people have surmised that this image was posted by some underling and escaped the attention of higher-ups in the campaign. But it’s hard to believe that a lowly staffer would have access to Trump’s Twitter account.

Notably, both Trump and his spokespeople insist that there really is nothing wrong with the image — the star could have been a sheriff’s star. Why then did they change it to a circle? You don’t change something that you believe is perfectly acceptable.

This incident becomes more disturbing when we place it in context with other developments associated with his campaign. Trump has attracted the enthusiastic support of anti-Semites. Many Jewish journalists and bloggers who have criticized him have been inundated with anti-Semitic attacks. One woman who wrote about Trump’s anti-Semitic followers bought a gun to protect herself and her young children after being severely threatened by Trump supporters. A Jewish reporter who wrote an article for GQ about Melania Trump’s family was bombarded with anti-Semitic threats and images, including one of her face superimposed on that of an Auschwitz prisoner. When asked about the attacks, Trump ignored the question and said he “heard it was a nasty article.” When asked again whether he had a message for those posting these attacks, he said he had none. He was essentially using a dog whistle to signal to them, intentionally or not, that their comments and threats were acceptable.

Trump is like a drug dealer who sells the stuff and urges others to use it, while he never touches it himself. Because he is not an anti-Semite, he fails to grasp that he is engaging in traditional anti-Semitism.

Just think back to Trump’s speech at the Republican Jewish Coalition — a speech that left the audience reeling. “Is there anyone in this room who doesn’t renegotiate deals? Probably 99% of you [do renegotiate]. Probably more than any room I’ve ever spoken in…. I’m a negotiator, like you folks.” And then: “But you’re not going to support me because I don’t want your money… You want to control your own politicians.”

In those few sentences, Trump hit upon almost all the memes that have characterized anti-Semitism for millennia: money, power, control, haggling and deviousness (renegotiating a deal after it is made). Modern anti-Semitism casts the Jew as someone of inordinate power with the nefarious skills to bring down governments, control financial systems and create genocidal myths about their own destruction.

Anti-Semitism is different from racism, which casts people of color as inferior and — because of their supposed ability to “pollute” the race — dangerous to whites. Anti-Semitism is classic conspiracy theory: The Jew is superior and capable of unimaginable evil.

But anti-Semitism’s phantasmagoric quality does not stop it from being accepted as true by scores of people, especially when it comes from someone who does not look or act like an anti-Semite. Were a KKK leader to say such things, we would ignore them as the ravings of a known hater. But when a man of stature and a candidate for president says it, some people are inclined to think there is some truth behind it. Others, who already hold these beliefs, feel validated by the comments.

When confronting racism and anti-Semitism, there is only one acceptable response. It’s not “no comment” or “I don’t know anything about David Duke.” It’s unequivocal condemnation.

Trump may abhor anti-Semitism, but, however unconsciously, he instrumentalizes it and spreads it. Then he doubles down to defend doing so.

Even if a candidate’s fiery rhetoric and more outrageous actions eventually fade from memory, they leave a legacy behind. In Trump’s case, that legacy may well be about enabling and legitimizing Jew hatred.

forward.com/opinion/344435/is-donald-trumps-inadvertent-anti-semitism-worse-than-the-real-thing/
archive.is/MvupZ

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.is/TcISw
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

This is some advanced kikery.

LOL they will cling on to this nonsense for how many years? It's ridiculous. If you had told me they would freak out like that over a red six pointed star I wouldn't have believed it because it's just too ridiculous.

my thoughts exactly

Haha, Trump is worse than us now?

Maybe this is good news?

this isn't your average everyday jewishness
this is
ADVANCED JEWISHNESS

Does she look like Marlon Brando in a wig to anyone else?

Lel, Trump is worse than Holla Forums!

These kikes are desperate now. I knew it would only be a matter of time before they used Holla Forums's support against Trump. But doing it this early in the race? They must be desperate.

Oh look the Jewish tranny that is getting her own film thinks it makes her relevant.

Gloating in plain sight like a real Jew, listing the crimes perfectly as if she knows the truth. And then telling it while presenting it as a lie in the context of the article

And again.
It's like they're addicted to their own superiority.

And the translation: If you are reading this Mr. Trump then you should really really stop being a popular uncontrollable figure [spoiler]with no please!![spoiler] becouse you could crash our whole system of kikery [spoiler]with no survivors[spoiler]

Oh the useful idiots SJW label.

(((They're))) even forcing the lie that kikes are superior into (((their))) lie of what le ebil anti-semites believe.

The resemblance is uncanny.

It's amazing how they've managed to make sure Jews are the least likely people to understand why Jews are hated by making serious investigation of antisemitism itself antisemitic.

Straight from the Jew's mouth:

It's better to be openly Antisemetic than not and just say Antisemetic things without meaning to.

FUCK OFF UGLY JEW FREAK

I'm pretty sure they fully believe 6 million jews were gassed and burned in ovens. They truly believe we are waiting to holocaust them again at any moment.

They really do believe they are oppressed minorities that have suffered worse than any other people in the history of the universe.

Superior at unimaginable evil is historic fact.

huh?

kek

That sounds like a spell in heroes of might and magic.

I think that's us fellow goy.

Micro-shoah-ggressions are a thing now?

"We know you didn't intend to throw that man in the oven, but you accidentally did so anyway."

Not knowing who David Duke is, you are still required to condemn him.

That is some theoretical physics level kikery.

What the fuck… I swear kikes someday will say that non-Jews existing is anti-Semitic. Also is that a man in drag?

Hey that's good. Even (((they))) admit that's a reasonable excuse. I can't wait for my court date with my defense laid out for me.

kek

Their cult is completely based around that. It's already said and believed.

Gee thanks kike, I guess the simplest response to Jews like any other grievance-mongerer, is to just tell you to blow it out of your diseased rectum.

I mean admit it publicly, not only saying it in their circles.

is Semite = Jew ? Semitism is just what they refer as White Privilege that is just.. JEW PRIVILEGE

It's a tenet of "Holocaustian morality" that doing nothing in cases of "oppression" of jews is just as bad as being an oppressor yourself. I'm sure Elie Wiesel (who has been in hell for [8] days) had some quote similar to that. In other words - if you don't actively take the side of the Jew, you are evil!

That's a man, baby.

A small fraction

So.. didn't the real jews got fucked in ww2 while the fake ones worked with Hitler?

Is that a guy?

It's just newspeak.

Like the definitions of the words "terrorist" and "therapeutic mouthwash", it appears that the majority of people know what exactly they mean at all times, even if the definitions seemingly change overnight and most people are updated on the changed definitions through something like a video game patch.

Superior in the context of exploiting the kindness of the white race.

Oh, you are afraid you will lose your privilege over the goy when someone with as much power as you jews, competes with you?

And the translation of the translation: If you are reading this Mr. Trump then you should really really stop being a popular uncontrollable figure with no please!! because you could crash our whole system of kikery with no survivors

THIS IS WHY YOU NEVER BACK DOWN. DOUBLE DOWN!

Is it a surprise that a religon based on deception towards out groups end up backstabbing "fellow believers" to get ahead?

No jews got fucked in WW2. You must be new here if you think the holocaust happened.

There aren't "real" or "fake" jews. There are jews. It's just that the majority of jews aren't semite yet they use the label semite on themselves a disgusting amount of times.

judaism IS NOT a religions. It's a Satanic cult and it's related sect is islam. jews and mudslimes are best friends.

Didn't said the Holocaust happened. But jews died too.

Debunked.

archive.is/TcISw

No. Heard Saudis want to do the same with Islam for a new holocaust victim status.

Very few and due to the allies.

The Khazar theory is most likely wrong and was originally spread by Jews. It also does nothing for us. How is Jews being Eastern Europeans preferable to them being Semitic trash?

That's a pretty stupid criteria for what constitutes a Semite. Abraham probably never even existed.

Even if Abraham existed, how do you know he looked like Bin Laden? Why would Bin Laden even have to resemble an ancestor who lived 3000 years ago?

k

Image deleted.

Replace religion with "group of people who follow the same rulebook" then. It really doesn't matter whether you consider it a religion or not.

What does this have to do with Jews fucking Jews because of how they're programmed exactly?

KMac also claims the Holocaust happened, he's hardly the last word on anything and I don't even believe in the Khazar theory.

that's probably bc it did happen, just not in the way and in the great numbers that the kikes claim

No it didn't, there was (unfortunately) no plan or attempt to exterminate the jews.

Zero jews. ZERO were killed by the state of Germany in WW2 with intentional means of "killing a jew for being a jew".

There were Germans who killed jews and they were punished severely. IIRC some were executed for doing such.

HA HA HA OH WOW

Yes, think of all those shoahed Jews relocated to Palestine up until 1943. They were in Europe at one point, then all of a sudden they weren't.

The horror……the horror…..

She should get a 100k dollar price for that thesis.

Disgusting hypocritical old kike.

A lie can travel all around the world before the truth is given a chance to see sunlight.

FUCK Deborah Lipstick, she's at the top of the totem pole of people that are persecuting heroes like David Irving and Ernst Zundel, it's because of her and her ilk that there are so many problems in the world today. If anyone deserves the death sentence, it's her. What a despicable human being.

This is why you tell them to fuck right off as soon as they start kvetching.

Yep. Never give them an inch, or concede anything. Trump said they shouldn't have changed it to a circle.

I CANNOT UNSEE IT
WHY

Awards: National Jewish Book Award for Holocaust

Lipstadt was born in New York City, the daughter of Miriam (née Peiman; 1915-2013) and Erwin Lipstadt (1903-1972).[3] Her mother was born in Canada, and her father, a salesman, was born in Germany. Her parents met at their neighborhood synagogue. She has an older sister, Helen, a historian, and a younger brother, Nathaniel, an investor on Wall Street. She studied at the Hebrew Institute of Long Island, and grew up in Far Rockaway, Queens. She studied with Rabbi Emanuel Rackman at Temple Shaaray Tefila. Lipstadt spent summers at Camp Massad. She spent her junior year of college in Israel during the Six-Day War, where she stayed as an exchange student at the Hebrew University of Jerusalem.

Ready to enhance Judaism?

Jesus Christ you're right…

Antisemitic enough for everyone?

Fuck you shills are getting worse and worse. Applied Memetics should at least hire one company that specializes on Holla Forums.

Kek.

That kike is a tranny, right?

Just jewish quotes and one of gods chosen is all.

Absolutely
DISGUSTING

There were no extermination camps, only labor and transit camps, because of Allied bombing of major German industrial centers and cities, no food, water, or medicine was available to any of the camp prisoners and about 300,000 were killed from disease and starvation. Considering WW2 killed about 50 million, Jewish oligarchs killed over 20 million whites in the USSR, etc. ~300,000 deaths from disease and starvation instead of outright violence is negligible and does not come close to being an excuse for the political carte blanche that they have today, so the kikes exaggerate casualties, invent myths of gas chambers, torture, etc. But yes Jews did in fact die during WW2, but their casualties are peanuts compared to the millions of Germans who perished in bombings and Eisenhower's extermination camps, Holodomor victims, war casualties, etc.

(checked)

WEW LAD IT'S A DUB DUBS TRIPS SANDWICH OF TRUTH

I forgot it was red!

The correct term is transgendered, you fucking shitlord

There isn't a big enough oven

Where does this end?

Internalised heterosexuality?

*DIED not KILLED

DIGITS OF ABSOLUTE TRUTH!=

Sauce delivery…

is that a trap?
i'm really asking