Pokemon Go - What does google gain from this app?

So what is google's plan with Pokemon go?

How could this app benefit their 1984esque push to survey the world and the people in it?

I can see how this might track people, but surely there must be more to it.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Niantic,_Inc.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gilman_Louie
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/14vq74fPGwHtEyZasgK8Oe2aSRdvCSEg4dlL0JatSwP0/edit?pref=2&pli=1#gid=0
web.archive.org/web/20150829231256/https://medium.com/insurge-intelligence/why-google-made-the-nsa-2a80584c9c1
youtube.com/watch?v=Qe10ExwzCqk
archive.is/7VK1q
archive.is/lXHNc
ingress.com/intel/
phys.org/news/2012-03-virtual-worlds-soft-people-movements.html
archive.is/igsyE
archive.is/FY5pl
archive.is/vWj2Z
archive.is/t2hVT
youtu.be/KIv4s6nzvIA?t=2m48s
archive.is/dgVki
archive.is/KQjg3
archive.is/BPPfR
archive.is/pUzLD
medium.com/insurge-intelligence/how-the-cia-made-google-e836451a959e
archive.is/fbeAl
ixquick.eu/
archive.is/wuIOu
youtube.com/watch?v=MLdWbwQJWI0
techvibes.com/2016/07/13/pokemon-go-overnight-success
ryanmercer.com/ryansthoughts/2016/7/11/pokmon-go-funded-by-the-cia
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

They can track people with autism.

3d mapping of cities and this already has a thread

Oh come on, this is fucking google we're talking about.

First up from wiki:

Then follow "Niantic, Inc."
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Niantic,_Inc.
Notice how the "it spun out" part has more citations than the previous parts.

I smell a cover up.

Bingo.

I want to focus on this app specifically though.

Ingress on steroids. Ingress provided Google with boat loads of free images of locations to play around with.
Go will be more perverse data mining but I'd like to see someone show the app doing anything suspicious.

On the plus side I'm ignoring anyone that won't shut the fuck up about the game so it's helping me weed out the retards in my internet life.

This.

But I also think this is an inefficient data mining resource to a degree - too inefficient.
There HAS to be something else there.

In February 2016, Niantic announced that it secured an additional $5 million[23] in Series A funding including investment[24] from venture capital firms Alsop Louie Partners and You & Mr Jones Brandtech Ventures as well as angel investors Lucas Nealan, Cyan Banister and Scott Banister.[25] While adding more support for the growth of the company, this investment enabled Niantic to bring in strategic industry pioneers including the addition of Gilman Louie to its board.[26]
I'll focus on Gilman for now.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gilman_Louie

Ribbit
—-
Voice related features might be the goal.
Also I don't like how Ribbit tried to secure info about telephone networks.

Same. I think it's ridiculous how ignorant people are with their interactions with technology.

fuck off

Too many people I know obsessed with this.

I wish we can get back to good old comfy days of 90s and early 2000s games.

Come on mods I can understand letting some shilling in but this shit isn't fooling anyone.

Btw the main reason I started this specific thread on P.G. is because I find the release that to be timely to this election.

I suspect connections with the whole thing with this specific app.

no u.

Why shouldn't we dig?

This thread is not that far fetched.

It is only going to get worse from here on in user.

As gaming becomes more immersive people will become more attached, an interactive VR landscape will attract a huge user base, eventually the majority of the population.

Will you submit to simulated happiness or will you continue the struggle, the fight in cold hard reality?

I know which one I will choose.

>>>Holla Forums

Fine I'll do it myself:

Banister created the Submit It! service while in college. He left during his sophomore year in 1996 to co-found Submit It! Inc., where he served as vice president of technology.[2][3] The company's other products included ListBot and ClickTrade. Submit It! Inc. was acquired by LinkExchange in June 1998,[4] which in turn was acquired by Microsoft in November 1998.[5]

also is involved with:

Clearly ALL of these people have ulterior motives if they are focused in on the apps and programs that can obtain significant amounts of data.

kys.

I'd rather fight than be dead inside.

Now I know you're just a teenfaggot obsessed with trendy shit like fucking pokeyman games

I've been playing it and it isn't even that good. Half the time I can't even log in.

Ok I am entirely convinced this is nothing but a data mining scheme.

I'm obsessed with the DATA MINING not the actual game itself.
Pokemon is very crap.

And I want to start linking this to other data mining connections.
We face 2 belligerents:

We need to start knuckling down on BOTH.
And I suspect they are converging.

kek it looks very shit, hence why I initially got suspicious - there was very little effort put into the game itself. I think the whole thing is a data mining ploy.

Doesn't it use your camera?

It could instruct people to inspect places of temporal importance.

For example, "undesirable" public gatherings to record evidence etc.

That caught my eye actually. It uses specific locations to find items and specific pokemon.

In my area, these pokemon were found in odd locations like real powerplants and police stations.

Why those places?
I don't think they were chosen coincidentally.

Actually I have a list of locations used in my city Perth:
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/14vq74fPGwHtEyZasgK8Oe2aSRdvCSEg4dlL0JatSwP0/edit?pref=2&pli=1#gid=0

I think if people are constantly playing this - they are constantly "surveying" the site.

Is this some form of surveillance?

What if there's no struggle though? Technology has taken away our struggles, our sweat, and it's unfortunate. Do we just shitpost in real life then?

Not in space, we explore space user.

But for now we are trapped and furthermore there are prying eyes everywhere looking for "usurpers"

Right now I can see it going one of two ways.
The lazy framework is either because it's a datamining ploy, or because they know they could make pretty much anything and people would buy it in droves.

Honestly it's equally plausible that there really is no data mining operation and the game is just that shit because the main games have been that shit lately.

Of course there's games that got around this whole "finding critters in augmented reality" without using the geotag really easily.
The Denpamen just uses the SSID of wifi networks, you don't even connect to the networks since it generates the critters based on the wifi network's name alone.

Either way the entire thing reeks.

The amount of data that Pokemon Go uses is extremely low. It's not enough for the camera feature to be actively streaming locations to the main servers.

Not everything is a plot to survey you or other people. It's much more likely that these people are just out for your money.

Honestly the paranoia ITT is almost cringe-worthy

Pretty much this, you guys are severely underestimating the amount of shekels this game will pull in with it's little item store

I think you should kill yourself Dilbert.

After these clinton connections you can't help but be paranoid

Also from that thread:
>web.archive.org/web/20150829231256/https://medium.com/insurge-intelligence/why-google-made-the-nsa-2a80584c9c1
NSA - Google connections.

Which is related to this thread as Pokemon Go is connected to Google.

Data mining should be illegal for such broad insidious purposes like this.

The fact that they might exploit an app made for kids infuriates me.

It's clearly being marketed to adults.

exactly.

kids.

ll the stuff in the thread is well and good

but there is always to Option that its just a game, and they just want people to have fun and get some exercise, and that there is no ulterior motive at all but idk maybe there is something more to it, but i have a hard time believing that they'ed used the data for anything more then improving the experience, because maybe they just like pokemans who know, keep digging i guess? will find out

Crowd surfed public surveillance? Hello FBI, yeah phone cameras are better than yours. This is definitely a possibility. They also use Parks(a main congregation point of protests) as 'Gyms'.

You wouldn't need to send streaming footage if you were only looking for specific things like metadata or 'differenced' in the standard environment.

This is another good point and probably something that was on their 'pros vs cons' list but not the actual reason.

I think it is a method of tracking a demographic of individuals while also monitoring 'how' they play. It is essentially the analysis of a generation through some shit app.
I know pokemon was a huge thing but think 'GATE kids'

One thing is for sure, it's going to make people look ridiculous to the external viewer. Can't wait to see videos of people doing this shit in public.

My girlfriend plays it incessantly (she's a trust-fund baby hipster, she doesn't need to work or anything… takes some classes for horticulture science occasionally) and honestly outside the gimmick it seems pretty boring.

I don't think it's even a Nintendo made game, just some third party app company that licensed the pokeymans.

I worry about my privacy a lot and decided to try the app because I was curious to see how it mined and my co-workers were playing it. Data usage is very low, so I doubt it is transmitting images. Really, it seems to be using about the same amount of data you offer when using google maps, so if you ever use your phone's GPS you are sharing the same as pokemon go

I've seen people using it

it jut look like there taking pics of objects or walking around texting

the time for them to look out of place and silly was 10 or 20 years ago when cell were new

We really need to crack down on data mining to at least know how to secure ourselves from it.

This is deeply concerning.

Combine this with the implementation of robotics in enforcement and one thing becomes clear: people are looking to CONTROL all people in the world through this.

It may be game over if it gets to that stage.

Good point. They might be trying to find out how to "quieten" certain demographies or pinpoint which ways to stream their media to people.

I can't understand why they think this is a healthy option - it might stop real solutions to greater problems if they cloud minds like this or distract them. People will stop "fighting" and just indulge to the point where we let problems slip under the radar.

Focus on behavior though. There's a link to certain behavior and their location on the map - what are looking for? for what purpose?

Gamefreak did the gameboy games, I don't think they had anything to do with this app.

And it's boringness highlights why this app seems so suspicious. Apart from money reasons, the only reason why they would use this app is to data mine.

I used to love pokemon as a youngin and I hate to see it being taken away from the future generations.

anyone check the data usage of the app to see if it could be streaming video feed or images?

see
data transmission is low, too low for that.

But I think the main form or mining involves:

I think the app may be less vicious than other apps, but I still think there is something there.

I might play it to see what could come from it.

kek

The reviews are all 1-2 stars. It's a shocker apparently.

Infact I think behavior is the only thing they are tracking:

The whole thing is behavioral based. It's trying to find more about how you act.

tl;dr It's finding how to MARKET to certain people

Think in a way they would, 'they have the camera's, let them do the work' + 'There are certain people we would like to track, get more info from those individuals phones'.

Seems to me the entire thing is a ploy to increase state monitoring. Some in this thread have said that it uses very little bandwidth but it is not ridiculous to say that it is possible:
1. Their phones are 0wn3d.
2. That certain phones are sending more data upstream than others.

Finding how much time people are willing to spend to find a Scyther?

Based British Nationalism tbhq

Well let's break it down -

All of this is VERY useful for marketing.

??

Another thing, they might store that data on the phone, then retrieve it at once.

Anyone checking if there is any data "bursts" when starting the app and closing it?

M8, I'm only 'avin' a giggle. Moreover, this can be used for psychiatric and psychological purposes if they aggregate the data by "people who tend to like pokemon X will likely like, do, or believe A, B, and C respectively.

Ahhh the ol Apple trick. Good point. TBH most people who are into forensics didn't get the app because they thought it was shady to begin with. Sadly, the demographic you are asking would most likely be blue testers and that margin is incredibly low.

Yeah I agree with that. To be honest I'm sure this is going to be used as a massive data-mining ploy but so is basically every single other free 3rd party app.

And this is why I keep an old flip phone for my contacts/phone and a Samsung smartphone with no sim or personal data as a mini tablet / camera I can use when I'm away from the computer.

I also find it weird, as a long-time Pokemon player, that GO doesn't interest me that much. On the other hand I had a friend stop by yesterday who I would never see as someone to play Pokemon games showing the game off to me. So in some way I can see this as a trick for Nintendo to reach out and attract new people into the franchise while profiting off the massive amounts of user data they'll be able to collect world-wide.

TLDR; Nintendo's motive is profit/increased fan base and Google's motive is the data collection (and whatever sketchy things you could imagine they do with this data is likely being done).

Fuck off

Nice.

Which is exactly what the other thread was about you fucking retard.

DEHUMANIZE YOURSELF AND SUBMIT TO BLOODSHED

Why do I hear the sounds of rubbing hands coming from your direction?

POKEMON GO IS A GIFT FROM GOD

There are already reports of people getting shot at and getting run over from this game.

This game filters out the retards in society. Darwinism at its finest

Please tell me that was farce just for the video and not real.

true I'm way more excited for Sun and Moon. even when they announced it I wasn't that excited and after I've seen pics and gameplay I lost most interest

it's just bait for poorfags and nostalgiafags, the hardcore game fans will probably skip it (maybe). I mean it doesn't even have any pokémon beyond Gen 1.

this FF video has nazi mentions and a happy chink merchant? wtf

It's probably real; at least I trust him.
Joji's videos often contain weird shit that happens in public spaces.
Also nice dubs.

He's a shitposter - what do you expect?
Also more nice dubs.

despite frank's autismo videos I never actually thought he'd be a lurker

No it isnt. Its going to look like people looking at their phones. They already do this already.

Never has Frank made such a sensible video.
That is legitimately scary.

Nobody cares about your data. They arent trying to spy on you because youre worthless and uninteresting.

PIDF detected

God I hope you are wrong but if not, I guess you could say we have a 'storm' of our own to wheather.

Pokemon GO is being pushed way too hard to not be shady as fuck, the fact that the 40+ demo is playing it makes me lose faith in humanity… just a little bit more.

There is no plan. It's just another cookie cutter "game" that they churn out and hope to make some money from.

AR is a self-defeating idea. Games where you monetize play time (like mmos) instead of just selling it rely on getting people addicted. If people are not getting sucked in and playing your game for years like crack addicts, you're not making money. People who play it for two weeks and give up don't spend real money on overpriced hats, they need to be emotionally invested for that.

But when your game relies on going outside to have fun adventures, two things happen: (1) a lot of the sad sacks that get addicted to vidya don't want to play your game because they are depressed and hate going out, which is why they play games all day in the first place (2) the ones that do go out and have fun will stop being depressed, and they'll start just going out and having fun adventures without playing a shit game.

Skinner box doesn't work when it's right next to an all you can eat buffet that gives up the food without the drama AND it's better tasting.

Also lol at Frank's muh pedophiles

The moment a kid gets attacked with this the cops can immediately dive into the game logs and find the pedo right away. It won't even be seen as an invasion of privacy, unlike just using GSM positioning data, since it's just a stupid game and normies will think "just don't play the game and your privacy is safe lol".

Are they using it to probe security for weaknesses? Or to make security become complacement about idiots on the phone walking into cop shops or powerplants so that when Mohammed walks in with a backpack full of C4 they ignore him?

>>>/poltech/

They want to get more data on asukafags, waifufags, ggfags in general autists. And guess what a lot of autists are pokefags.

I think the app goes through your phone and searches for pepe, wojack, "stars", shlomos and that colored in jidf shekelberg

Crowdsourced surveillance for alphabet agencies, obviously. It is also extremely lucrative, Google stands to make a pile of money from in-game purchases and from businesses paying them to lure customers to them with super rare pokemon. Basically more money and power for the elites, less for you. Treat all pokemon GO players as ZOG surveillance drones, and kick them out of IRL meetups.

This happening is actually an important plot point in the story Blindsight.
It was a vr called heaven, and though people were told they were free to leave at any point if they joined, no one ever did and their bodies probably wasted away.

youtube.com/watch?v=Qe10ExwzCqk

Here you go OP some more nightmare fuel..

Still believe its just a game anons?

Spread this shit

Niantic, Inc. is a software development company best known for the augmented reality mobile games Ingress and Pokémon GO. It was formed by Keyhole, Inc. founder John Hanke in 2010

Keyhole, Inc., founded in 2001, was a pioneering software development company specializing in geospatial data visualization applications and was acquired by Google in 2004. Initially launched as a spin-off of Intrinsic Graphics, first round funding came from a Sony venture capital fund and others, additional capital came from an NVIDIA bundling deal, from the CIA's venture capital arm In-Q-Tel, with the majority of In-Q-Tel' funds coming from the National Geospatial-Intelligence Agency, and from angel investor Brian McClendon (who later came on as a board member and VP). Keyhole's marquee application suite, Earth Viewer, emerged as the highly successful Google Earth application in 2005; other aspects of core technology survive in Google Maps, Google Mobile and the Keyhole Markup Language.

The name "Keyhole" is also a homage to the KH reconnaissance satellites, the original eye-in-the-sky military reconnaissance system now some 50 years old.

John Hanke, CEO – previously worked in "foreign affairs" in Washington DC, Myanmar & Indonesia.

they need a way to track aspies who have no social media presence.

It's just a distraction. Same as niggerball or miley cyrus or whatever.

Jesus man, another botnet propping up.
This kills the Stallman.

t. Holla Forums

Absolutely tedious and moronic. Bunch of normalfag hypocrites.

POKEJEW

POKEJUDE

Alsop Louie is a front for American intelligence. Mr Louie is the former head of In-Q-Tel, the venture capital arm of American intelligence. Sauce: I worked at a company which was funded by both.

This.

This game is definitely used so the government/corporations can get a accurate mapping of your home. I love how normies think nothing of it. I wonder how much these photos of the inside of peoples homes are selling for. Some corporation must be dumping money toward the photos and videos.

Honestly why should they? Normalfags almost by defining actually have nothing to hide.

*by definition

That's legitimately horrifying.

Which countries banned/stopped it?
Russia and China is usually a good indicator if this is a kike's plot.

But you still want to know where their kids lay their heads at night. You know, just in case you have to raid them.

Like in Palestine

Niggers have been using the game to rob people too. The white guy in the picture thought up of the idea obviously, cause niggers ain't smart enough.

archive.is/7VK1q

archive.is/lXHNc

ingress.com/intel/

all of the pokestops are ingress portals on this map

wow really everyone in the comments is a total good goy cuck.

they seriously just expect this to be used only for happy dandy purposes yet little do they know this is a conspiracy to map every detail of your life and send it to the government.

Hows the weather in Moscow Ivan?

They've been tracking people for years with Ingress, a game by the exact same developer using many of the same assets including all of the locations of these hotspots. It's nothing new.

Take video and image data they can use for mapping and can sell to the feds or anyone else who might want it, lure children to spots to be abducted for child sex trafficking, data mining for marketers, espionage, all kinds of sinister shit.

What the hell is "pokemon"? Chinese cartoon?

Just imagine it. Entire areas losing property value & becoming ghettos due to lack of Pokestops.

This is much bigger than you guys realize.

are you being fucking serious m8

Businesses pay Google in exchange for pokemon showing up outside or even inside their locale. The more you pay, the more rare the pokemon hanging out inside your store. The more people flooding in to capture it, the higher traffic flow and chance of people buying something. Same for gyms, which encourage people to hang about.

Seems likely considering google makes its money manipulating results and targeting ads

Oh my god he's one of us

It's that thing from the dark knight made flesh!

phys.org/news/2012-03-virtual-worlds-soft-people-movements.html

archive.is/igsyE

Came across this somewhere. People were calling out Ingress for the CIA ties, and Pokémon Go is essentially just a reskin.

It's convenient that you can't do anything in the game without traveling to specific locations. Apparently EULA states they can log details about your phone usage while using the app

I am a prototype for a much larger system

Pokemon is going to make america great again

archive.is/FY5pl

Sh*t if you wanna catch them all you gotta risk it all so I put my car in park and started tossing these balls

SHEEIT

Not for long.

what the fuck man

Yeah now you just (((act your age))) and watch jersey shore

By giving detailed, and depending on the location constantly, imagry of the insides of various buildings not readily accessible by CCTV cameras or satellite lens.

Places like your house or the house of your friends. Your favorite place to chill and do drugs. Any place put up on a watchlist for surveillance by any agency.

The list goes on. Use your head and think about what else. There is a good chance a think tank for a government agency has thought about it regarding this app.

I believe the CEO did Foreign Affairs for Washington DC before he stepped into his new role. Avoid this shit like the plague.

*constantly updated imagery

goddamnit

But the government could have already just hacked into everyone's phones and used their cameras. The government doesn't need you to download a game to get you to give permission to use your camera.

Also, Pokemon Go doesn't require a camera to play. Just put tape over the lens and don't use AR mode.

ok here is the deal, guys

tptb want us to be like minions

ever worked at amazon as a picker?

you are running around a warehouse picking stuff from shelves and it is all like in a computer game. You get a scanner with a display that tells you a shelve number and lane and then you go there and pick the item. Once you have done this you are a Minion. Congratulations.

And that's what the game is about. People follow their smartphone and become programmable like digger.

fuck you and fuck pokeman

The game is only available in North America.

Ausfag here, I saw plenty of kids and manchildren playing it.

Well fuck.

POKEMON GOY HAS YOUR EMAILS

archive.is/vWj2Z

post yfw you never touched this shit

If that isn't asking for it I don't know what is at this point

I'll just leave this here

archive.is/t2hVT

Holy shit my sides

OH FUCK

I think their ability to determine what is and is not a common gathering site for things like "pokestops" and pokemon spawns will be where the action is coming from.

Lets say they have a bunch of pokemon spawn in a particular area, they'll have lots of cam footage of said area as a result of players wandering about looking for pokemon.

The launch pokestops all seem centred around public landmarks, providing surveillance and foot traffic info.

But these could all be changed in order to say harass someone or provide cover for a surveillance operation.

:
Shit, if you wanna catch em all you gotta risk it all

Their autistic employees can play it.

I sincerely hope they'll place some rare pokemon in the middle east war zone or in an active volcano to remove retard from the gene pool.

I got one

youtu.be/KIv4s6nzvIA?t=2m48s

I don't have time to read the thread to see if this has been mentioned.

+ They have been working on a search engine for the physical world. This is why they use your android to take phones constantly.
+ They want to perfect mixed reality / augmented realty so that they can sell physical ad-space in the real world through people's phones. i.e. You take a picture in-front of the Eiffel Tower and you get a big Goldman Sachs Logo at the top.

I just watched game play footage, what a disappointment.

You just walk around catching pokemon, you don't even fight them.

In the actual games you're suppose to battle them and lower their health before you can catch them. And you're suppose to level up your pokemon by fighting other pokemon.

In this shitty game you level up your own character by catching more pokemon.

This is some cheap gimmick, how is it possible for (((them))) to fuck up a pokemon game this badly? Its like (((someone))) who never played the game bought the rights to make this crap for (((unknown reasons))).

Literally revenue from tracking where people go. Businesses want to know consumer behavior when it comes to their brands/products/ect. Google already does this with their search results.

They took it back with a Jigglypuff iirc

SHIT IF YOU WANNA CATCH THEM ALL YOU GOTTA RISK IT ALL SO I PUT MY CAR IN PARK AND STARTED TOSSING THESE BALLS

What color is Team Holla Forums?

Nothing they don't already have if you have a phone at all

Last night was creepy.

I am deeply concerned about this, guys. One business apparently had their patronage go up 75% because they used in-app purchases to lure Pokemon to their restaurant. If being live surveillance cameras for the government and Google isn't their only goal, it is this: to make super-consumers out of mindless sheep.

archive.is/dgVki

archive.is/KQjg3

From Forbes:

archive.is/BPPfR

If the ability to become a PokeStop or Gym does end up being something you can buy, I don't imagine only local businesses will be using it. If you really think about it, the hype seems artificial. How long has it been since a Pokemon game, or a Pokemon-anything, been shilled as much as this objectively shit game has? Now even my local Christian radio station was hyping this shit, with the host (typical Facebook-only normie who had to have been in his mid-thirties/forties) saying how he leaves his house at random periods to catch Pokemon, letting his wife wonder where he went. Pathetic what people do to fit in.

Oh now thats gonna make some serious wonga

Inside the secret network behind mass surveillance, endless war, and Skynet

archive.is/pUzLD

medium.com/insurge-intelligence/how-the-cia-made-google-e836451a959e

Part 2:
archive.is/fbeAl

red

10,000 hours in paint.

Embed related

This game- it can be something of amazing potential for us. How?

Why simple. We return to the old ways.

For about ten bucks you can lure a bunch of idiots to the wrong neighborhood to get mugged. You can have SJWs literally walk dangerously close to horrible intersections. Or train tracks. Or other "fun places"

Put a pokemon lure in a strip club in the bad side of town. Put a pokemon lure in a bar that normies or sjws should never even walk in. All you have to do is spend a little bit of money, and you get hours of humor and potentially anally annihilated sjws.

this

mindless masturbatory fancy. nice excuse to play pokemon, fag

my phone can't even do it. I would make a pokemon dead drop. But you discouraging removal of the SJW kebab makes you seem awfully suspect.

Big meetup of idiots + gsm/4g jammer == FUN FUN FUN

Awards

2006 National Geospatial Intelligence Agency medallion for outstanding service and support to the National Geospatial Intelligence Agency while serving as CEO and President of In-Q-Tel

2006 CIA Agency Seal Medallions (2) for his service to the intelligence community

2006 Director's Award by the Director of the Central Intelligence Agency, Porter Goss, for his service in creating In-Q-Tel and providing service to the intelligence community

The first CEO of In-Q-Tel – the investment firm of the CIA – is on the board of directors of Niantic, Inc. the company who created Pokémon Go.

I don't even have a "smart" phone.

I though most of you knew the implications of having kids/teens wander off by themselves. Just make sure they don't visit your local synagogue assuming the Blood Libel shit is real.

Saw at least 200 people playing pokemon go with a lot of nerds among the crowd in the city yesterday night. Best part? They were all white and many of them were stopping at bars and such.

We're being tracked 24/7 anyways. If you have a smartphone you carry the jew with you. Right now I just enjoy a lively inner city with plenty of nice albeit slightly zombified people.

Kinda beautiful how the world's population has fallen head over heels for it, Jewgle's got it easy

Having my giant schnauzer referred to as a "rare pokemon" got old quite quickly though.

I love how people ITT think it's best to opt out of these kind of technologies.
Apart from the fact that the entire fucking internet has google analytics built into it you'd just be raising suspicions by not participating.

If you're smart you participate in normie activities but feed the system irrelevant and non-sensitive data so you don't attract unwanted attention.

WUT?

ixquick.eu/

I don't use Google except when I need to translate a page.

impressive logic skills you've acquired there, fam

>not having a permanent sign-in error for [email protected]/* */ in your phone anyway

Go learn Hungarian, Chinese, and Russian.
Three languages worth learning.
Duolingo is pretty newb friendly, also go search for 1000 most common words used

You're an idiot

kill yourself

I use Google Translate because I don't know other websites that do pages translation.

Russia banned Holla Forums so theres that

No, I was just arguing how retarded you are to think that they don't have your account and password already

>not having a permanent sign-in error for [email protected]/* */ in your phone anyway
Then you can't get any apps, why even buy a smart phone if your going to do that?

I know i am late to make this joke but… Pokemon GOyim anyone ?

archive.is/wuIOu

POKEMON GO CONFIRMED MILITARY-GRADE MEME APP DESIGNED TO SUBVERT LIBERTY

Evidence like this, yet the jew-haters still deny that the Shoah happened.

shouldn't they be more ashamed to be playing a game in such a somber and educational memorial?

Gen 1 now, imagine slowly releasing all gens man. Keep the autists going for potentially forever.

Which JRE is this from?

Nevermind here's a full clip of it at JRE they made.

kys reddit

And it hurts me extra considering they are fostering morons to do this sort of shit.

Did you guys here about the person who found a Coffing in the Holocaust Museum?

"Perhaps even more insidious than a seizure inducing ray gun, however, is an app that citizens pay for to unwittingly spy on themselves for the state — all while having fun."

Not really a revelation but still powerful notion. And the company can spawn Pokemon to wherever they want to collect more new data.

So pratted about with this game a bit.

Not a terrible amount thanks to a combo of old phone and the UK's 3g network being shoddy thanks to free market bullshit in infrastructure.

But enough to get the basic idea.

Those saying it doesn't take pictures?
Thou art wrong. It takes a picture at the moment of pokeyman capture as the screen image goes still.
And there's an opportunity to upload the image as it "updates your profile with the new pokemon"

Right now however the value of the images is dubious.
As the pokemon appears wherever you happened to be pointing your camera and is quite happy if your finger is covering the camera.
So expect this to change in a future update. Perhaps the pokemon integrate themselves into the environment more? Crawl up walls and such. That way they can more easily direct where you point the camera.

It is also frequently sending information on your whereabouts to the game servers. Provided by your phone GPS.

Pokemon seem to spawn randomly around you for the most part. Though there is no doubt a serverside determined locational element to it.
My area seems full of pidgies, ratattas, drowzees and such. With the odd tentacruel floatin in the nearby river.
I would imagine they could easily determine manually, pokemon spawns in a particular area.

Pokestops provide free balls and eggs in considerable quantities.
But along with gyms it is clear these are derived from google maps. A location listed on google maps and maybe some other services has a high probability of being a pokestop or a gym. My money would be on it being a combo of google maps and facebook.
These while auto generated for the most part could be set manually with no effort. Probably a service they can charge for.
Also they require no photographing but do require you to "check in" to confirm your proximity. Just click on em when you're nearby. Providing a confirmed time and location for the user. Who gets free stuff in exchange.

The pokestop and gym density will of course be much much higher in urban areas.
Perhaps they hope to encourage further urban migration?

Overall I would say pokemon go is not the end product. This is a prototype that will be improved over the next few months to years depending on its popularity.
Pokemon was used to judge how much the presence of a popular well known IP affects user uptake as similar games already exist.

Also it is possible to buy pokemon lures that effect everyone who enters the area of effect. This is clearly intended for businesses to attract extra foot traffic.

In closing. Watch this one to see where it goes.

This is absolutely insane.

WebM

What about that racewar? You don't feel like preserving the white race is a struggle?

Or, you can turn AR mode off.

So does just having your phone on you in the first place.

These while auto generated for the most part could be set manually with no effort. Probably a service they can charge for.

They use locations from the company's previous AR game, Ingress.

The ultra rares are in the FEMA camps.

The elites are definitely going to do something with this Pokemon Go. I guarant-fucking-tee it.

Isis probably knows what the fuck it is, if they're not playing it themselves. Mudshits still have access to smartphones and stuff. All they have to do is drop a lure or a legendary pokemon, and round up a bunch of what looks like mostly rich white kids.

Open fire, drive a truck into them, explode a suicide bomb, car bomb, mass stabbing/machete attack.

If I can think of this, and I suspect it, they would have too.

For those who aren't familiar with filthy Franku.

If you don't know that Pokemon Go will be used to generate flash mobs, then you are not paying attention. There are absolutely strategic uses for this.

Exhibit A: youtube.com/watch?v=MLdWbwQJWI0

Not true. It's here in the UK too.

Subsidized and oursourced legwork, chummer. If I wanted to go on a 'run at a powerplant, this is EXACTLY how I would do the preliminary legwork.

Weaponized Autism

Capped and (Checked).

Me too, theoretically, but goddamn it's hard fight sometimes. The porn; the video games.

so you're the smart one,huh?

The jews are using autist consumer retards to train their 'defense' drone combat/targeting systems, and test the portability and public's reception of their (fringe) military tech

they get your information from your phone. ……all of it

Except for all the degenerate cannabis and other drugs and drug paraphernalia.

FUCKING HELL

Google CEO here. It's an experiment. In the future when jobs are all automated and the government has introduced UBI we will use similar software to control and disperse crowds by penalizing their next months income should they refuse to move to location XYZ. If you have a mob at location D, our algorithm quickly gathers data on everyone, splits them into 10 even groups, and commands every group into a different location within a perimeter of location D. Refusal means no basic income for you next month.

Humane crowd control predecessor. That's all pokemon Go is. The terrain fotodata is fairly worthless.

DICKS

Or maybe it's just a GADGET. You know, a thing for a company to make money? However idiotic and unsafe it appears, majority of data collected is not even being processed, let alone used for any malicious purpose.

If you believe in these big theories, try to run them through human incompetence test - if a likelihood of a human fuckup and incompetence is higher than a devised plot as a base reason for X - congratulations, it's likely to be human idiocy again. We call that test The Occam's Razor.

You are completely naive to the extent in which tech companies are involved with the CIA and the NSA.

Fuck I hate normies.
I used to hate them for a lot of reasons but now I can't even remember them, all I know is I have an innate desdain for these fucks.
FUCKING NORMIES REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

I think main task of this game is to distract people from what's going on and just add some chaos

Overnight Success? Hardly. Pokémon Go’s Meteroic Rise Was a Long Time in the Making

techvibes.com/2016/07/13/pokemon-go-overnight-success

ryanmercer.com/ryansthoughts/2016/7/11/pokmon-go-funded-by-the-cia

The real purpose behind the 3d mapping is for skynet's robotic goyim killing software. SHHHH

Game looks pretty fucking good for 64

Obvious slide, can tell from the way the OP frames his words. He does these shitty, pointless question threads about any topic. Please, go ahead and take a screencap right now. You'll see the same writing style, shitty thread with no substance pop up within two weeks maximum.

The OP is such a shitty shill that he doesn't even realize that to know what pokemon GO really is, you don't even need to resort to kikes. It's literally out there, in the open, on kikepedia. Two, three clicks and you'll see names and individuals connected to "intelligence agencies".

Gas yourself, you shit shill.

I got the game out of curiosity and because my friends were into it.

Basically it's boring as fuck, and the entire core gameplay is centered around grinding your pokemon by catching more of that pokemon.

It's stupidly repetitive and not even in a novel or interesting way.

The 'game' was created/produced by Pokemon Company/Nintendo and developed by Niantic. Google is just a conduit for the 'game'. Google is in it for the shekels.

WHY POKEMON GO IS THE MOST DANGEROUS APP ON THE FACE OF THE EARTH

1. It assigns a GeoTag to your home location.

2. It assigns Gyms to high concentrations of the population, ensuring masses gather at common focal points for extended periods of time by letting people duel each other.

3. It keeps track of your notifications, effectively letting you know who or what is in your area.

4. It records and reports an indestructible history of all the places you've traveled by calculating map routes, distances, times and hours played, then reports this to Google, not Nintendo, as it was designed to be.

The public is being desensitized and herded for the purpose of accepting Martial Law and being docile while you do it. Find a rare Pokemon at a shopping mall that's conveniently and strategically designed to be an urban detention center.

If you have played this game or have this app, it's too late. You have a profile at the Alphabet company.

Do not subject yourself to this kind of disinformation and public safety threat designed to coddle you and make you ignore the fact that the world is on fire. People are losing jobs and money and homes and are completely OK with the idea of running around their fucking neighborhoods and into traffic trying to catch shit that doesn't exist.

The funniest thing is that after Pokemon Go went online is that most of these people just searched for "gps spoofer"

at this point in life, i don't even give a fuck. I won't use the app, myself bcuz as soon as i downloaded it I was like, well….. this is obviously some sort of data mining effort. But who cares. Within the next 20-30 years someone will try to kill us all anyways.