RIP Regular Show

twitter.com/HamillHimself/status/765340925086269440

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.is/y8C5c
anyforums.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Get fucked, Quintel

maybe we'll get something good to replace it.
please let it be something with lots of fluid druids

To be totally honest, I hadn't even realized it was still on the air.

I suppose it's for the best, last I saw they were absolutely floundering for any sort of direction to take the show.

I thought it had already been canceled. How long until Adventure Time is next?
If there's one thing SU did right, it's strangling both of these shows to death while they were on their way down.

The cycle is truly coming to an end. Cancellations, endings, firings, and banishment all around. The hipster cycle has ended. The SJW cycle has ended. Perhaps this next cycle will see a proper revival of comics and animation.

Maybe they'll hire a reverse Stuart Snyder next?

They already attempted that with Christina Miller

That's actually worse.

Eh, "classic" CN was run by a woman

Yea but in this CURRENT YEAR being run by a woman is essentially a death sentence; you have socjus pandering all over the place and generally low standards, especially when she greenlit trash like nuPPG, nuBen 10, and clumsily handling program airings with TTGO all day and other shows only airing new episodes in "bombs" before going into hiatuses again (and I don't even like SU).

More likely we're going to see a torrent of more shit

Thank fuck! Seriously this show has been stagnating for how many seasons now? Nobody cares about the romance and I hated how in each new episode Mordecai would somehow turn into an even bigger cuck and beta then he already was.

I actually forgot about this show. I thought it was already cancelled since I watch CN at weird times and never see it playing or even mentioned there.

Not really upset about this at all. I thought the show lost its charm around 2013.

Yeah. It was stuck in a cycle that even betrayed it's own original premise; something crazy happens in the end, and normalcy complaint as the punchline. It rarely got as crazy as it should have and a lot of the time, it was just repeating stuff they did in previous episodes better then.

I expected it would end since they were going this Dome gimmick route for this season and how they ended on that last episode. It was clear they ran out of ideas and should have ended many seasons ago. They already got a similar premise with We Bare Bears so I'm expecting that to fill the slot until they accidentally get a good show for the channel.

In a way

The thing about cycles like these is the typically lead to a course correction, or an overcorrection. Children raised by strict parents try to be overly permissive and lax, favoring feelings and warm fuzzies over discipline and guidance, for instance.

This cycle was all about lolsorandumb surreal and wacky humor, laced heavily with relationship drama and hipster feels-oriented moral lessons.

If I were to hazard a guess, I think we might see an attempt to either bring back the "cartoon cartoon fridays" style of show, where it's funny for the sake of funny, or we might see a trend towards more episodic, continuous story-driven series.

The pendulum's a motherfucker, ain't it?

Bull. Hipsters have only just turned into SJWs. SJWs are still very much rampant. It's only going to keep getting worse until kids officially stop watching TV altogether, which they already mostly don't.

Even in comics, they still have not learned. The SJW comics are getting cancelled, like for example Red Sonja– only to be replaced with something worse, and with worse writers.
These idiots are not learning. It's going to keep getting worse.

Regular show going to end Legend of Korra style

Regular show will steal the title of the first married gay couple from Steven universe
Screenshot this post. I can feel it!

I didn't imply anything.
However, I'll argue that there's plenty of 2005 comics that had a damn good run.

this fucking garbage had 7 SEASONS?
thank god, better late than never

I'm surprised it took this long.
I stopped watching when the red bird love interest went to college and they had all the relationship drama shit.

I never really got the appeal, I watched most of the first season or so and kind of dropped it after that. I can't get into characters whose whole point is that they're meant to be directionless losers with no goal or desires to achieve. Even if it's just short term shit.

The show echoed that as well, from what little I saw of later seasons. It ran into Adventure Time syndrome of relationshit drama and nothing ever progressing.

it kinda came off to me as a PG version of super jail. especially with the weird action at the end. Also, I got annoyed with all the 80's references. Seriously I think even Seth McFarlane would blush at all the 80's references this show makes.

It's only just begun. And it will never end.

it will end user. everything eventually comes to an end.

Sorry user, it's just going to be a flood of more SJW agenda-pushing shit, and you know it.

That sort of ending makes more sense for Regular Show than it did for Korra…

Went on longer than I thought anyway. Never heard people talking about the show or anything.

I like it though.

Bojack horseman ending with bojack and Mr peanutbutter having gay sex makes more sense than Korrasumi. Fuck the gears of war trilogy ending with marcus and dom Holding hands makes
More sense than Korra. Surprise game journalists didn't push for Marcus having a boyfriend back then. Now we can't even get away with unintentional homoerotic bro stories now without gay retconing.

Didn't Loud House already do this?

My straight dick is twitching.
Seriously, if all that tumblr-cancer would be more like this, shit like Roadhog (as a shy fat fag in a pink shirt) x Junkrat would be bearable.

Seriously they only draw it to act progressive but are squeamish if it gets any sexy.

Typically, but not always. What we're probably looking at here is more akin to a child being raised by overly liberal parents, feeling that his parents didn't love him enough and so endeavouring to be even more permissive and lax than his already pretty lax parents.

I never got this show. It tries to be wacky (living gumball machine, giant magic space babies) yet casual about it at the same time.

I've only seen a handful of episodes, but it never made me laugh. Can't really say anything of value was lost. Seven seasons is a pretty good run though; not too short, not milked to death.

This artstyle would make the show so much better but quite frankly it's too good for that.

The achievement for playing co-op in the first game is called "Dom-curious". The achievements related to co-op in Gears 2 are called "One-Night Stand", "Open Relationship" and "Friends with Benefits"…

I think that's the "joke"

Soon

Don't you mean a Rebirth of comics and animation?

FUCK

It will never end because SJWs are willing to work for a bag of peanuts, and they don't really care about fundamental stuff for comics and cartoons, like creators' rights for instance.

The SanFran sjw illustrator is the new azn sweatshop slave.

So.. the plane is finally crashing
About fucking time

somebody archive that shit?

JUST
I feel bad for everyone involved in RS, this is Uncle Grandpa levels of shafted for such an old show

archive.is/y8C5c

thanks user
fuck.. it all went so wrong so quickly

How do think it'll end?

Well this past season ended with all of the guys, Eileen, and the park itself being launched into space so anything is possible.

the fuck.

I stopped watching about a year ago maybe.
they jumped that shark all the way to space.
Now I'm thinking about catching up just to see this train wreck

If they would have dialed back the relationship drama I would have enjoyed it a LOT more.

It just started in 2014. And if you think there will be a renaissance, you are praying for picnic weather in the midst of a hurricane.

This

As time goes on, cartoons on TV will get worst. If you want to see good cartoons, watch independently made stuff on Youtube where the creator lives off of Patreon donations and so on, because thats what anybody with talent will be doing.