What language should I learn Holla Forums? Bonus points for obscure languages

What language should I learn Holla Forums? Bonus points for obscure languages.

Latin
Klingon
Feminist

that clicking thing from afrika

German, its very easy

Yepp, I've seen little kids speaking it.

I'd learn LOTR elven. I've found some dope elven forums on tor.

German is super helpful if you're interested in history or pretty much any sort of serious field of studies, be it art, psychology, you name it. Just don't fucking let genera or tenses discourage you. If you wanna learn a language there's no shortcut to that, don't come whining a year later just because you still don't remember all the verbs. Be patient.

If you want a good starting point from whereon to learn more European languages, go for Romansh. It's like Esperanto but it's natural, and it's dying. It needs your help.

Esperanto good goy

Tagalog. Meet hotwheels while you're in the country and fuck some hookers while ur at it. I hear they lose their minds over white men.

Most languages aren't nearly as obscure as they were before you could find them on the Internet, but you can up the obscurity a bit by learning a peculiar dialect/regional accent.

Test

Schwänze sind lecker.

Learn Kvensk, there are only a few hundred people that speak it, it's related to Sami.

basque
a true outlier among languages

Dutch

Guti. No government or NGO recognises it as a living language, only as extinct for thousands of years. Yet, there are small communities of speakers in an area stretching from western Iran to eastern Afghanistan. Best of all, there is no standard orthography and dialectal variation is huge, so it's truly an obscure language.

Plus, it's a language isolate, albeit contact with Iranian languages has resulted in it sharing a ton of vocabulary with Persian and Kurdish and others. Some truly ancient loanwords from Sumerian are also to be found, though there are almost always synonyms that are more recent loanwords from other languages, or strange dialectal native words and neologisms. It's also relatively easy: most verbs are very regular, it doesn't have many sounds that the average English speaker isn't familiar with (it does have /ɬ/ and /q/ though) and overall the sentence structure is predictable, adjectives can either come before nouns or after them which doesn't matter much (it implies subtle differences but it's not important).

Three example sentences to show you why it's the best language in the world:

Hitler kuńayag Yahudi joqşun xardardu.
[çitlɛr kuɲɑjɑg jɑhudi d͡ʒoqʃun χɑrdɑrdu]

Ci ğukunnañ eşalnaş, ğukuni luşabu.
[t͡si ɣukunːɑŋ ɛʃɑlnɑʃ ɣukuni luʃɑbu]

Am aştar fahwarq nurti şalaqamaru, tal temşe bu qalaş.
[ɑm ɑʃtɑr fɑhwɑrq nurti ʃɑlɑɢɑmɑru tɑl tɛmʃɛ bu qɑlɑʃ]

If you're interested in learning it properly, good luck, it'll be difficult to become fluent because you will 99% certainly never talk to native speakers face to face. But I can try to teach you the basics, there are some others online of course but remember that different dialects are much more different than dialects of English or German for example.

ukrainian

learn Finnish, so you can meme with the meme masters

How convenient to neglect to mention that it was also the first language of the guy that invented most of the war tactics now used only by Islamic terrorists… sure Islam didn't even exist back in Inkishush's time and human rights weren't a concept yet but still.
Which is a reasonable argument indeed, and I'm just being an autist, but whatever.

C is a safe bet, or Ada if you're feeling adventurous.

In the words of the great Inunkar Egal-Şan, which as poetry can't be translated with its nuances so if you don't actually speak Guti, too bad because it's beautiful and explains the nature of forgiveness in three fucking lines:

درادل اسو یاردیریش قوقای بولاڭ،
اوش قوں یاردیریش بو فوری ںاشگام،
غقاش ارمن اوش دمجان اسو ایریڭ.

REEE

Ukrainian

Top kek, that's so accurate as a description it almost hurts.

C++

afrikaans

get a load of this nerd

Learn norwegian. It's basically the same as Swedish and Danish, so it's three language for the price of one, and you get to say nei a lot.

Spanish, French, German, or Russian I consider the best choices, depending on where you live (USA vs Europe)

I mean, it's not Russian/Arabic/Japanese, but I wouldn't call it 'easy'. Still, it's a good language to learn. vid semi-related

Though I really wish Germans weren't such smug leftists

Only 5 millions speakers though

Only useful in South Africa and no one wants to move to Africa

I just can't get over the pronunciation issue with French. The difference between what you see and what you say are too much (not phonetic)

He did say "obscure". Those are all languages that are spoken by literally everyone…
REEEEEEEE, GET A LOAD OF THIS NORMALFAG
WHAT?! Nigger fucking Christ, that's a fuckton of speakers. Most languages in the world don't have that many speakers, and have never had, or never will have. For fuck's sake, it wasn't that long ago when the WORLD's population was in the millions rather than billions.
FUCK

No.